Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

The Baking Thread - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Baking Thread (39935 Views)

Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking / My Baking Hobby.. :D / Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:47am On Apr 25, 2013
New blog posts at www.frostedbakeshopng..com. Also, become a member of my blog and be notified of a giveaway coming soon.
Re: The Baking Thread by tjmc: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
tjmc: I want to learn how to make good tasty bread with minimal cost.
Thanks

This babe no wan help me. Make I commot jejely
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
@tjmc, no vex o! Pls check my blog. I've posted a recipe for bread. www.frostedbakeshopng..com
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2013
New blog post up. Gumpaste ruffle tutorial
www.frostedbakeshopng..com
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:42am On May 02, 2013
Mango cupcakes at www.frostedbakeshopng..com
Re: The Baking Thread by SimplYeahmee(m): 5:24am On May 07, 2013
lovely thread. ℓ̊'m staying addicted to it as ℓ̊ plan to begin baking in earnest. Thanks for the thread @y me.
Re: The Baking Thread by Nobody: 9:44am On May 07, 2013
DESSERTS for your events.

MELTING MOMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we provide 8 different types of desserts and bill per head.
The following is the list of what we provide;

1. chocolate fountain / sweet cart (depending on client)
2. Gateaux / cupcakes (depending on client)
3. creme caramel
4. Trifle
5. Tiramisu
6. Ice cream
7. Exotic fruit salad (with strawberries, blueberries etc)
8. cake pop

We also provide delicious toffee pop corn and cotton candy all on a fancy
cart which is wedding worthy, for an extra cost per head.

Call tolu 08062709433
Hello@meltingmoments.co.uk
www.meltingmoments.co.uk
Re: The Baking Thread by degurl(f): 1:47pm On May 08, 2013
Dreamsinbc: Mango cupcakes at www.frostedbakeshopng..com

Don't you welcome comments in your blog? I have been trying to make on or two comments on your bread recipe but haven't been able to.Let me just say it here then: thanks for that bread recipe, that recipes seems like it will give rise to a delicious bread. Will try it out soonest but I will add butter to my own sha. What do your think I can use as a glaze for the bread surface?
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:30pm On May 08, 2013
@degurl, I do o! I get comments for moderation before publishing. I haven't received yours. Did you enter the code you were shown? Pls do. For the butter, just melt it and use in place of the oil. For glaze, I just use egg wash before baking, sometimes I sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top and bake. For a sweet and sticky glaze, you can mix brown sugar, soft butter and cinnamon. Rub over the loaf before baking. Hope I helped.
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:05pm On May 08, 2013
Banana bread recipe up at www.frostedbakeshopng..com
Re: The Baking Thread by MarJuly(f): 5:39pm On May 10, 2013
y me: STEP 1

In a mixing bowl, put in the sugar and eggs.

@y me, what site did you get this. I want to print out the images as well. i dont have an idea on how to bake. Nice one
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:53pm On May 17, 2013
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:03pm On May 23, 2013
this is the way I fill my cakes to ensure deliciousness in every bite http://frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/05/filling-and-trimming.html.
Re: The Baking Thread by Latifahed: 1:49am On May 24, 2013
What brand of butter or margarine one can use for baking in nigeria pls?(not those sachet ones oo grin
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:50am On May 24, 2013
Buy butter. Oldenburger, Kerrygold, Elle et Vie. Sold in good store, always in fridge/freezer section
Re: The Baking Thread by Latifahed: 8:54am On May 24, 2013
Dreamsinbc: Buy butter. Oldenburger, Kerrygold, Elle et Vie. Sold in good store, always in fridge/freezer section
ok tnx
Re: The Baking Thread by Meddler(f): 1:58pm On May 24, 2013
Please can anyone recommend a good cocoa powder brand to use in my chocolate cakes and other chocolate related baked goods. I always have my sister bring some with her when she comes visiting but my stash is quickly dwindling. Thanks for your help.
Re: The Baking Thread by Miacara: 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
For cake decorators pls visit www.miacara.biz and tell me what you think.
Re: The Baking Thread by Meddler(f): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
If you love brownies u definitely have to give to give these brownies a try. They are hmmm hmmmm.. good

or better yet try the dessert sampler pack.

Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Meddler, Yum!!! They look delish. Good job!
Whimsical flowers (mini tutorial) up at www.frostedbakeshopng..com
Re: The Baking Thread by Meddler(f): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Thanks Dreams!
Re: The Baking Thread by Pretty4ril: 12:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
Please ooo somebody help me with right bread recipe and doughnut. Epecially yeast, calcium proponate and rimolsoft(is it necessary to add d last 2). I hv only my measurement cups and teaspoon/tablespoons.I tried it my bread didn't rise but sweet,next time it did rise but easily crumbs not together.My doughnut was strong that if cold I hv to microwave it to be soft
Re: The Baking Thread by Pretty4ril: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2013
Somebody answer me ooo. God will bless u as u give ideas n solution
Re: The Baking Thread by Pretty4ril: 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
Pretty4ril: Somebody answer me ooo. God will bless u as u give ideas n solution

Ok ooo since no one to answer me no wahala make I continue like dat one day I fit try luck getam.
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
Use this recipe for doughnuts. I vouch for it. I don't make the glaze sha. You can, if you like. allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-and-creamy-doughnuts/
Re: The Baking Thread by Pretty4ril: 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dreamsinbc: Use this recipe for doughnuts. I vouch for it. I don't make the glaze sha. You can, if you like. allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-and-creamy-doughnuts/

Tnx dearie for the concern
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
I'm giving away a Mini Donut Maker to someone! To be eligible, you have to be a member of my food blog and be resident in Nigeria. Find details here www.frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/07/my-1st-giveaway.html?m=1
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
Still on. Entries close 28th July
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2013
I'm giving away a Mini Donut Maker to someone! To be eligible, you have to be a member of my food blog and be resident in Nigeria. Find details here www.frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/07/my-1st-giveaway.html?m=1
Re: The Baking Thread by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hi everyone, entries to my giveaway close tomorrow. The winner will be announced on the 1st of August. Prize will be sent out immediately frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/07/my-1st-giveaway.html?m=1
Re: The Baking Thread by Meddler(f): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
chocolatey cakey goodness dipped in chocolate. They are definitely a great addition to any party tray. Try our new cake ball flavor - Mudslide cake ball (alcoholic) with baileys, vodka and creme de cacao liqueur and Tequila sunrise cake ball (alcoholic) tequila, corazon and orange juice.

Re: The Baking Thread by Meddler(f): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
nutella and chocolate cake balls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Step By Step Method Of Preparing Egg Soup In 15mins / What I Bought From Market With 10k / See Pictures Of The Hawk My Dad Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.