Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) (12321 Views)

I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Buhari Arrives Nigeria after 6 day trip to the UK(photos) / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by bittyend(m): 9:26am On Feb 28, 2012
I read and heard that 10 SERVING ARMY GENERALS were the ones i saw at the airport carrying his carcase,and NIGERIA AIR FORCE

Ibos and delusions of grandeur goes hand in hand,

The quoted post is just delusional smh.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by lekerenike: 9:53am On Feb 28, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan and other eminent Nigerians on Monday paid their last respect to the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu who died in a London Hospital on 26 November, 2011.
http://globebreaknews..in/2012/02/jonathan-army-chief-others-pay-tribute.html
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by ReachRich(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2012
These properties located in Abia state are up for sale;
(1) 904 PLOTS OF LAND:- OUTRIGHT SALE
Harcourt Express way.
Best use:Private University or Housing
Estate.
Title: C of O N/B: 20 minutes drive from Aba & 10
minutes drive to Port-Harcourt.
Price:N300m

(2) 20 plots of land on Library
Avenue,Umuahia.
Best Use: Hotel &Housing Estate. Title: C of O.
Attraction: Banks & Government
Ministries are its neighbours.A minute
drive from Government House.
Asking Price: N180m
More

3) 3 storey building of 6 flats with large empty space on Umuobasi street, Umuahia.Price is N30m.
4) 1 duplex of 5 rooms & a Boys quarter with large empty space on Umuobasi street Umuahia.Price is N35m.
5) 1 bungalow of 4 rooms with masters bedroom,3 separate toilets,POPED sitting room,sit-out measuring 12*12,a car garage,empty space measuring 100*50,boys quarter of 2 rooms,toilet,bathroom & kitchen and a plant house located at World Bank Estate,Umuahia.Price is N19m.
6) 1 storey building on lagos street by Calaber road Umuahia at N32m.
7) 1 bungalow on Uzuakoli road Umuahia at N18m.
cool 1 plot of land measuring 130*60 on Azikiwe road Umuahia at N30m.

For enquiries,visit our office at 37 Azikiwe road Umuahia or call Green on 08037918277 or Richard on 08036616829.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by Niseamaka(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2012
xavier3g:

The Fool is here again, All hail the Fool!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool

Certain posts should just be ignored. we should not respond to people that are sick upstairs.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by nagoma(m): 11:13am On Feb 28, 2012
Are you sure he is in that box? In the Roman General's uniform?
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by LEXYLOV: 11:26am On Feb 28, 2012
I doubt if the pictures of those army in ceremonial dresses with the coffin is for eze ndigbo gburugburu. Because if you study the pics very well you can notice that those places where other people sitting were more clearer, while those of military with coffin look like extracted pics from somewhere on the web. Am just guessing though' but really It doesn't look real to me and moreover ojukwu was a retired army officer for over 3 decade and how come they put that modern army boots and card on the coffin ? what am sure is when military officer died retired or not they will use his/her actual army boot or cap for the funeral. lipsrsealed
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by ekwynwa1: 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
nagoma:

Are you sure he is in that box? In the Roman General's uniform?

Pack your face, tongue comot for road joor tongue

Biafran, Nigerian, Roman uniforms , no whala cool this makes him A THREE STAR HERO

Ojukwu is being celebrated all over the world tongue live with id or, tongue
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by wealthtrak: 12:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^^^ Those pictures of Ojukwu's arrival and
military mark of honour look colourful and iconic. smiley

I saw the Owerri ceremony on TV networks
yesterday evening and almost had goose pimples
because I was viewing history unfolding as
representatives of state Governors layed wreaths.

I loved what the man who wore the  Awo-styled
cap did [he layed a wreath and was the first person
to take one step backwards and bowed in front
of the golden  casket of Ojukwu - he displayed
proper etiquette and he was refined]
wink
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by danahart(f): 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
laa na ndokwa oke osisi ndi igbo.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by naijanedu(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUliAlj4U8A?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Roll call
After the ceremonial parade, witnessed by Vice President Namadi Sambo, who represented President Goodluck Jonathan; Dame Patience Jonathan; Senate President David Mark; Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim; Deputy House of Representatives Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha; Justice Chukwudifu Oputa (rtd); Governor Peter Obi; Chief Tom Ikimi; Chief Jim Nwobodo; Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo; Lt. General Chris Obiakor (rtd); and FCT Minister, Bala Mohammed, the corpse was carried into Nigeria Airforce C-130 aircraft registered NAF 917 and flown to Owerri.

Other eminent Nigerians at the funeral parade were Senators Uche Chukwumerije, Chris Ngige and Andy Uba; Labour Minister, Chief Nwogu; Comptroller-General of Customs, Mrs. Uzoma; Prof. ABC Nwosu; Senator Authur Nzeribe; Chief Ojo Maduekwe; APGA Chairman, Chief Victor Umeh; Mrs. Josephine Anenih; Chief Ben Obi, Dr Kalu Idika Kalu and Bishop Hilary Okeke of Nnewi Diocese.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
@lexyluv, what are you talking about? How come you missed the news at AIT. They are all there, including ihejirika
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by hbrednic: 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
goodbye the peoples general,ikemba 1 of africa
dike di ora mma n'alaigbo
otu onye ana asi unu abiala
the great lion from the land of the rising sun.
EZE IGBO GBURUGBURU,REST IN PERFECT PEACE
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by HighChief4(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
bittyend:

Ibos and delusions of grandeur goes hand in hand,

The quoted post is just delusional smh.

Stop displaying your ignorance publicly, cant you see they are RED NECKS? Do you even know GENERALS when you see one. Those guys are RED NECKS carrying his body and it was NIGERIA AIR FORCE 1 that flew his body to Owerri. Stop the hatred already and do something meaningful with your life
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by EzeUche(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
Igbos learn to ignore post and stop embarrassing your people.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by BankoleNco: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
success4:

If you ever come part of speech called ''elipses'', try to use it on NL and see what you will get. lipsrsealed

By the way, I spot blunder on your nasty sentences, kindly emend it. You have exposed your
illiteracy to the world.  shocked shocked shocked

Its apparent you are either mentally deficient or suffer severely stunted mental growth. You try to point out A nonexistent grammatical blunder in my post, yet you can't make a perfect sentence, you can't spell to save your families life. And btw . . . . . . . . It is called an ellipsis, not elipses. And I just showed how to use it.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by ak47mann(m): 12:59am On Feb 29, 2012
ojukwu agu cool

Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by Ivynwa(f): 3:17am On Feb 29, 2012
Onlytruth:

[size=18pt]A lion is a lion. [/size]
He was completely selfless, resolute and loved justice and fairness.
History smiles at the great Ikemba. We shall follow in his footsteps!  cool
Welcome home dike di ora mma.

O GINI? WETIN?

NRI PRIEST:

[size=18pt]Anu ana agba egbe ona ata nni! Naa n'udo dike di Igbo mma![/size]

SAY IT!
FEARLESS DIKE HE IS!

ak47mann:

[size=18pt]ojukwu agu[/size]  cool

SHOUT IT!
Give me some high five to top it up, Ojare.

A lion does not sleep but ROARS when his siblings are being fallen upon and subdued?
Ojukwu roared to defend his people, maximum respect to you Ikemba.
Nwa furu umunne ya n'anya. The man that loves his people.
Somebody quoted(was that Wole Soyinka?) that "The man died in him who keep silent in the face of tyranny".

Ikemba did not keep silent in the face of tyranny, Ikemba arose and spoke against tyranny, fought tyranny and defended his own.
The man in Ikemba lives on, he is not dead. He lives in the heart of those who detest tyranny and speak against it. He lives in our heart.
I refuse to say "Rest in peace" because you are still alive.
Live! The brave one.
Live! Ikemba. (Ezigbo nna m ochie!)
Dike gbara umunne ya Ogu (the brave one that defended his people)
Continue to live in the hearts of your people!

[size=14pt]On that note and for the dignity of man that Ikemba fought for can those who are killing our fellow Nigerians with Bombs stop maiming, killing and breaking the hearts of the Nigerian people. Let peace dwell among us, Amen! Alleluiah![/size]

Please which day is the burial again people? The shifting of the date confused me.
Now I'm going to run out of here before I get softened up by the pictures and get tears on my eyes.
Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by HighChief4(m): 4:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ivynwa:

O GINI? WETIN?

SAY IT!
FEARLESS DIKE HE IS!

SHOUT IT!
Give me some high five to top it up, Ojare.

A lion does not sleep but ROARS when his siblings are being fallen upon and subdued?
Ojukwu roared to defend his people, maximum respect to you Ikemba.
Nwa furu umunne ya n'anya. The man that loves his people.
Somebody quoted(was that Wole Soyinka?) that "The man died in him who keep silent in the face of tyranny".

Ikemba did not keep silent in the face of tyranny, Ikemba arose and spoke against tyranny, fought tyranny and defended his own.
The man in Ikemba lives on, he is not dead. He lives in the heart of those who detest tyranny and speak against it. He lives in our heart.
I refuse to say "Rest in peace" because you are still alive.
Live! The brave one.
Live! Ikemba. (Ezigbo nna m ochie!)
Dike gbara umunne ya Ogu (the brave one that defended his people)
Continue to live in the hearts of your people!

[size=14pt]On that note and for the dignity of man that Ikemba fought for can those who are killing our fellow Nigerians with Bombs stop maiming, killing and breaking the hearts of the Nigerian people. Let peace dwell among us, Amen! Alleluiah![/size]

Please which day is the burial again people? The shifting of the date confused me.
Now I'm going to run out of here before I get softened up by the pictures and get tears on my eyes.

Re: Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) by ak47mann(m): 5:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
My sister had sad it all. nwannem nwanyi GOD bless you cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solomon Arase Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Humanitarian Workers Withdraw From IDPs Camp In Maiduguri / Meet Two Nigerian Brothers, Victor And Confidence Kipo With A Combined 10 GWR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.