Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Odd Items On Bridal List - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Odd Items On Bridal List (1178 Views)

6 Lovely Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (photos) / Is This What Happens At Nigerian Bridal Showers? / Spains Scars From 800 Years Of "Moorish" Colonisation...(odd / Interesting Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odd Items On Bridal List by Olumogun: 9:25am On Feb 28, 2012
Twice I had seen bridal lists containing some funny items:

First time, a pastor friend was getting married to a lady from Kaduna state, Nigeria.
Instead of the family of the girl asking for a goat, cow or ram, they insisted that
it is DOG they wanted. The brother fought against this, but at the end, he still gave
their demand oh! a dog instead of cow/goat

Second time it was a lady from one of the Southern states,
the list she brought had many funny items on it.
and the one that caught my attention was "BROOMS"

Have you seeing such list before?
Which Item(s) look odd to you on the list?
Or can anyone tell us the significant of such item(s)?

Lets beam light on some tradition and culture here.
Re: Odd Items On Bridal List by Olumogun: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^^ why is no one saying anything here?
even if you are not married, have u not been part of organising some b4?
Abeg! i no like this silence oh!
(anyway, it is better than some people coming here to insult me)
Re: Odd Items On Bridal List by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
Maybe it's because we didnt have such weird things on our list . . . and we havent heard of any such thing either. undecided
Re: Odd Items On Bridal List by akinolasam: 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
@ olumogun, long time! give me few minutes and I will help you with info on your post. But one I van remember very well was when a friend of mine was getting married to an Ibo girl, and he was ask to come along with 12 packets of cigarettes, he was initially talking tough. after a while he agreed but the trouble that made us (his friends) heard about it was when he was asking for the brand to buy. grin
Re: Odd Items On Bridal List by akinolasam: 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Odd Items On Bridal List by Olumogun: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
Bros, how u dey? how S/A? I dey miss u oh!
Thanks for ur posts.
No be say I wan do wedding now, but na idea I take dey find info about different traditions.
I don rule out North self as dem say na koboko dem dey take measure the strength of their son-in-law.
I go check all you links.
Re: Odd Items On Bridal List by ifyalways(f): 8:19pm On Feb 29, 2012
Nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Nigerian Woman/wife / Onitsha / Meet Oyinbo Princess-the British Who Speaks Pidgin Fluently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.