Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome (20055 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by go4value(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
In fact, an older definition of masturbation
is "self-abuse." Although more modern
dictionaries may no longer carry this
definition, they are still linked together
under self-abuse:
Self-abuse noun¹
1. Abuse of oneself or one//'//s abilities.
2. Masturbation.
1 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV) further confirms
this, saying that unlawful sexual relations
defile our own bodies. "Flee from sexual
immorality. All other sins a man commits
are outside his body, but he who sins
sexually sins against his own body."
"Isn't it still better to masturbate than to
commit fornication?"
The easy answer to this question would be,
"Yes, it is better to masturbate, because at
best it corrupts only one person. It certainly
is the lesser of two evils." However, why
would a loving, holy, all-powerful God
abandon you to a situation in which you
have to choose any evil, whether it be
"lesser" or "greater?" To really answer this
question, we must again go back to God's
original plan for sex.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by jspac(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuqudy:

What is the full meaning of OGC
It's not an abbreviation but another posture emoticon which depicts a man in the
process of masturbation.
OGC
The O is his head,G is his two hands(one hand is actually holding his pеnnis) and the
C is his legs.
Rotate your screen horizontally and see for yourself.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Demainman1: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
Freksy:

All you supporters of self-serving or self-service, would you encourage your son or daughter to self-service? If no! Why?

Would you tell your wife you are not in the mode for lovemaking because you have just finished self-servicing? If no! Why?

Are you a sincere and faithful worshiper of God? If yes, after self-servicing how is your conscience like? If troubled, why?

The simple truth is, most of us write in support of this ungodly practice because we are either ardent listeners of the said preacher or are masturbators.

Sometimes we sound hypocritical. Where is the word 'Christmass' written in the bible? Where is the word 'rapture' written in the bible? Where is the word 'purgatory' written in the bible? Where is the word 'trinity' and many other pagan-adopted unbiblical teachings written in the bible? Yet we accept them like garbage comfortably and unquestionably. Hahaha, HYPOCRITE is what we are!

Good one sir, Can anyone of those supporter of self-service explain to us why it's a BAD HABIT and not a sin.

What makes it a bad habit?
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Johnsinia(m): 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
Those of u asking where is self-service in d bible:
2timothy 3: 1 "knw ye that on d last days,perileous time shall come."
2 "many people shall b lovers of self i.e self-service.
4"lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
Please read frm chapter 1 down frm d bible,if u r practising any of the mention in d bible den u r fulfilin d end time n ur place is d lake of fire unless u repent 2day.tank u.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by ayodele123(m): 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2012
Quote from Toks2008
''I am not advocating that self service is no sin but i am avery objective person and never dogmatic. But Unfortunately these bible passages you quoted have nothing to do with self-servicing.''

toks2008
The Word of the Lord stands for ever (Isaiah 40:cool
You want to interpret God's word with a sense of human objectivity?
Human reasoning is not adequate at interpreting the Bible.
Do you know the category of sins that the Bible classifies as murder?
The Biblical meaning of the word ''murder'' goes far beyond our dictionary meaning of it.
where in the Bible do we find cigarette smoking listed as a sin?. Yet it is a sin to smoke.
Same with self-service. CASE CLOSED!
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by WhyAWhy(m): 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
As much as I am not advocating for self-service,

Most of the scriptures people are trying to use to support their notion is extremely out of context and each individual is trying to "tailor-make" it to suit
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by upuphim(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
I want to remind those that know the Bible that sin is increasing by the day and all imaginations of man is evil right from the beginning see Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

Back to the topic.  It's obvious that those who indulge in masturbation always experience guilty feeling.  If the heart as evil as it is, condemns the person who maturbates how much more a Holy God.  See 1 John 3:20 Quote:
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Those who maturbates should also remember that most times the guilty feeling comes when you stand before God in prayers.  Once again, if in this sinful world you feel guilty to masturbation act, then be sure you cannot innocent if ever enter into HEAVEN with such life style.

He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit tells him and not the PASTOR. Revelation 2:7
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by eclear(m): 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2012
People condeming without any basis for there condemnation. Those that feels mas-turba-tion is wrong should please give references from the bible and stop making assumptions and misquoting the bible.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by wordychap: 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
self service, masturbation, wanking. i heard its a sin but come to think of it aint met it in d bible. anyw until d Holy Spirit tels me otherwise i'l treat it as a sin! it's a sin if you think its a sin
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by eros(m): 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
I knew Pastor Chris' head would be had for that comment on wanking. But lets face brass tacks, the Pastor F up on this one. He should never had said wanking was not a sin against God HABA shocked shocked shocked

Should we assume that our dear Pastor is a MASTER self-servicer lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by sunkoye: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
the bible says we should flee from all appearance of Evil.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by mail4gift2(m): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
Those of you here who are asking for prove pardon me to ask you a question,
When you self service yourself, what or who do you think about?

Another question, looking at a girl/woman lustfully, is that a sin? there you go, the question is the answer and prove that self service is also a sin, whoever that says self service is not a sin is a devil and a pervert, take those hands off your dick and Bleep the shit out of your wife.

New International Version (©1984)
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.<< 1 John 4:1 >>

New International Version (©1984)
[This matter arose] because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.< Galatians 2:4 >>

Mr Oyakilome, for saying self service is not a sin, you are a false child of God, yes i said it
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by FXKing2012(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
I've neither heard the names of those pastors nor their churches before, are we sure those names were not made up?
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by OmoTier1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
The truth is,many christians do not even know what 'sin' is!

I will encourage the lots spewing insults at Pastor Chris to go read these verses;
Ro. 14 vs 19-24.
Maybe they can explain what the bible ment by this definition of SIN;

Ro. 14 vs 23 "But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; AND EVERYTHING THAT DOES NOT COME FROM FAITH IS SIN".

God bless the heart who discarns thus!
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Goshen360(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
If not any of them, haven't you heard of Latter Rain Assembly with Pastor Tunde Bakare? @ FXking2012.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by JaaizTech: 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
Hmmm. there are controversies surrounding this topic too in Islam, as there isn't any clear or absolute Quranic injunction forbidding it. But a popular scholarly opinion based on this verse of the Noble Quran :Quran, chapter 70 (Al-Maarij), verse 29 to 31:
“And those who guard their private parts, Except in the case of their wives or those whom their right hands possess – for these surely are not to be blamed, But he who seeks to go beyond this, these are they that go beyond the limits"
Quran, chapter 24 (An-Noor), verse 33 to 33:
“And let those who do not find the means to marry keep chaste until Allah makes them free from want out of His grace. And (as for) those who ask for a writing from among those whom your right hands possess, give them the writing if you know any good in them, and give them of the wealth of Allah which He has given you; and do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, when they desire to keep chaste, in order to seek the frail good of this world's life; and whoever compels them, then surely after their compulsion Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

The most respected interpretation of these verses is that any sexual enjoyment should be with one's wife, and self-service isn't spelt out as one of the allowable means of releasing sexual tension. So I would advise that person practising self-service to get a wife as soon as He can, or observe fasting. Lowering one's gaze can also help(i.e avoid looking at the sexual features of a woman/lady) with controlling one's sexual urge.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by vislabraye(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
Self-service. iko m.as.turbation ini. call it its true name. It is wrong. It is impure. Ma.sturbati.ion is the product of lust. If looking at a woman lustfully is wrong I don't see how mast.urbati.on is right.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by PastorAIO: 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
how about sex with your wife? is lust not involved?
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by MurderX: 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
everybody to his opinion
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Godson007(m): 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
blueflamesdotorg.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by deadie(m): 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
Thou shall not comfort thy rod with thy hand  - Zacchaeus Chapter 12 verse 5. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by dasparrow: 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
Too many fake pastors in Nigeria. Therein lies the problem. We have so many pastors and imams in that country yet Nigeria remains one of the most corrupt countries in the world. This goes to show that many Nigerians go into pastoral ministry to become rich quickly. Few genuinely have the calling. Anyways, God is watching.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Haribo: 11:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
deadie:

Thou shall not comfort thy rod with thy hand  - Zacchaeus Chapter 12 verse 5. cheesy cheesy cheesy

LMAO!! You're awesome for that one cheesy

On a serious note, for the bible reading folks, the bible doesn't specifically list out masturbation as a sin, so Pastor C does have a point here. Based on this, I agree with him when he suggests that the real problem for a christian is when you become addicted to masturbation. Abi isn't self control one of the 'fruits of the spirit?' Anyone that disagrees should back up their argument with RELEVANT scripture, and quit using this false sense of holiness and modesty to attack the man.

*Singing* Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of ALLLL ,

LOL! Whitney Houston (RIP) said it best!!
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
Refusing to c.u.m inside your spouse's pushee when phocking her is a sin. That is what Onan did.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Tinynita(f): 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2012
All of u backin dis man of gog are pratical fools.d bible said even 2 lust sef,thinkin alone gon na sin talkles of self savice
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Haribo: 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
1stCitizen:

Refusing to c.u.m inside your spouse's pushee when phocking her is a sin. That is what Onan did.

Oga, using the "pull out method" is not masturbation oh!!! Onan's withrawal from his wife during intercourse is irrelevant to this discussion.

SMH. Other than misplaced piety and misquoted scripture, can someone please use the bible to adequately debunk Oyakhilome's statements?
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 29, 2012
Haribo:

Oga, using the "pull out method" is not self-service oh!!! Onan's withrawal from his wife during intercourse is irrelevant to this discussion.

SMH. Other than misplaced piety and misquoted scripture, can someone please use the bible to adequately debunk Oyakhilome's statements?

Better stop dat ya pull out method now. Its a sin punishable on earth by death. grin grin grin The point is the teachings of the bible has been used by man over time for good and evil. Interpreted and misinterpreted to serve our selfish minds. Just like I did with the Onan issue.

Self service is not a new habit. It not like drug addiction and must have been practised by many in the days of Abraham, Moses and Jesus. Yet the bible, the great book that spoke about every facet of human life, from love, sex, finance, health, death, prostitution, crime, astrology etc never never once said anything about it. You see where pastor Chris is coming from.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by coderXO(m): 12:41am On Feb 29, 2012
"Self-service" used in this case really is incorrect but we all know what it means now in the context used by the pastor asking the question.

"Pleasing oneself" or "Masturbation" or "Jacking-off" is what we are talking about.

Masturbation is a sin.

I've researched it a bit and the general response to it is the "Sin of Onanism"

Funny enough I had never heard this argument until tonight in my church when our assistant
pastor referred to it.  Coincidentally, I come on NL the same night and it's been talked about otherwise.
(I didn't know Pastor Chris was stirring the pot again)

So, the "Sin of Onanism"
This comes from Genesis 38:8-10, when Onan became his dead brother's widow's husband.
When he laid with her- as he was about to ejaculate, he pulled out and did his bit
(squirt, squirt) all over the floor.  Onan was struck down (ie. killed) by God.
So in religious circles, when you masturbate, you end up squirting on the floor (any place not in a woman).

By some "theologians", with this comparison, masturbation is a sin.

However I do not accept this,

Yet,  I still say: Masturbation is a sin.

My reasoning comes from Jesus' teaching from Matthew 5:27-28 that
if only you lustfully think the thought of fornicating with a woman,
you have committed adultery.

When was the last time you "jacked-off" and didn't have some ex-girl, or new prospect in mind?

End of.

Masturbation is a sin.

Don't do it if Jesus is truly your savior.

Amen.

The discussion is not about what the Bible is.
Reading it and Salvation is a choice.
Do you!
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 29, 2012
coderXO:

"Self-service" used in this case really is incorrect but we all know what it means now in the context used by the pastor asking the question.

"Pleasing oneself" or "self-service" or "Jacking-off" is what we are talking about.

self-service is a sin.

I've researched it a bit and the general response to it is the "Sin of Onanism"

Funny enough I had never heard this argument until tonight in my church when our assistant
pastor referred to it.  Coincidentally, I come on NL the same night and it's been talked about otherwise.
(I didn't know Pastor Chris was stirring the pot again)

So, the "Sin of Onanism"
This comes from Genesis 38:8-10, when Onan became his dead brother's widow's husband.
When he laid with her- as he was about to expel, he pulled out and did his bit
(squirt, squirt) all over the floor.  Onan was struck down (ie. killed) by God.
So in religious circles, when you self-service, you end up squirting on the floor (any place not in a woman).

By some "theologians", with this comparison, self-service is a sin.

However I do not accept this,

Yet,  I still say: self-service is a sin.

My reasoning comes from Jesus' teaching from Matthew 5:27-28 that
if only you lustfully think the thought of fornicating with a woman,
you have committed adultery.

When was the last time you "jacked-off" and didn't have some ex-girl, or new prospect in mind?

End of.

self-service is a sin.

Don't do it if Jesus is truly your savior.

Amen.

The discussion is not about  what the Bible is.
Reading it and Salvation is a choice.
Do you!

See the bolded. Seems you are an expert in the act. Why do you guys keep contradicting yourselves. Did Onan Mast.urbate? Yes or No? Did he sleep with a female when he did the deed he was punished for? True or false?

If it was the act rather than the selfish reason for the act that offended God then ALL who have expelled their Fluid outside their spouses during intercourse should be put to death.

If you do not agree with the Onanism issue, then why post it here when making your argument. Secondly Mr expert Mas.turbator, does thinking of a lawfully wedded wife/husband when doing the act free one from sin?
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by JayCee2010: 5:39am On Feb 29, 2012
Everybody has their own interpretation of the bible that fits them ( they contort the Word of God to justify their actions)!

Truth is: there are several contradictions in the bible, especially between old and. New testament. One of them is the eating of "unclean" animals. Old testament says " no chop am" new testament says " chop wetin u like". It is not what goes into a man that makes him "unclean" but what "comes out of him".

Whether "J@acking off" is doing something that "comes out" of a person is open to debate.

But another fact/reality is that: 99% of men have all, at some point in their lives j@cked off; whether they felt good about it or not! The other 1 % are lying!!!

No one is perfect, not even pastors; Let God be the Judge.
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by Geeweeny(m): 6:03am On Feb 29, 2012
Av bn readn a lot of comment,n smpipl r jst lyin 2 dmslves here,i wud jst ask u all 1 question,wn u r self servicing urslf,wt r ur tots,wt r u tnkin abt,cos m nt 2 gud wit d bible lyk pst chris,jst tel urslf d truth,cos i cnt imagine teln sm1 dt i wz servicing myslf witout lustn ova a gal,i cnt rch.God bles
Re: self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome by coderXO(m): 6:07am On Feb 29, 2012
Ha! @1stcitizen

First, I wasn't the first to mention Onan.

Second, if your English comprehension is half-decent, you will understand
I mention it to deter others from doing so- saying that it is valid proof in
the Bible that "jacking-off" is a sin.

Third, you can deceive yourself you are "jacking-off" thinking about your wife or husband, 7 out-of-10 times,  
you aint.

Fourth, any man (of good age) who comes on here and says he hasn't in the past is telling stories.
Be not ashamed of your shortcomings. Acknowledge them, in so doing, you know how to deal with them and
find ways to avoid them.

Five, praise God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.