Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member (7719 Views)

UPDATE: Guard Averts Mass Casualty From Jos Church Explosion / Jos Church Attack:suicide Bomber,cocin Member -dfence Hq. / Boko Haram Kills 3 In Jos Church: Commissioner Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by rabzy01: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

No this bombing was definitely done by Boko Haram.
Yes. But which of the BHs?
A. Political BH
B. Criminal BH
C. Christian BH or
D. Muslum BH
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Rad1cal: 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
Story Story cool
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Feb 29, 2012
rabzy01:

Yes. But which of the BHs?
A. Political BH
B. Criminal BH
C. Christian BH or
D. Muslum BH

Again . . . . .
Kobojunkie:

No this bombing was definitely done by Boko Haram. Only thing is the man who the church members caught trying to escape for his life, was a church member who happened to be outside when the bombing happened. That explains quite a lot of the discrepancies between the report from Leadershipng and the other articles.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by SILAKABUWA: 1:05am On Feb 29, 2012
CHRISTAIN BOMBING CHRISTAINS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 29, 2012
[size=25pt]Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine[/size]

[size=25pt]ISLAM IS NO RELIGION!. ISLAM IS TERROR!! ISLAM IS EVIL!!! ISLAM IS DYING!!!![/size].
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Odunnu: 4:25am On Feb 29, 2012
Kabai:

What a news?! Do u guys mean that amongst the church members who ganged up to kill a fellow church member, non of them could identify him? Can it also be true that he was not interrogated before he was killed? Will it also be true that this man could not say anything to identify himself as a defence even at the instance of death? What kind of stories and lies are these? Please, Nairalanders, what a story?!
exactly my thots!
Even if he were to be dumb, couldnt he use sign language to identify himself? I dont believe this!
If per chance dude was really an accomplice, then fine!
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Feb 29, 2012
Some people are just dense . . . . a man just lost his life at the hands of a mob that mistook him for a killer.

And all some of you can say is he should have been able to out-shout the mob that had already descended on him and with intentions of clubbing him to death? So a man who is being descended upon by a crowd of about 10 is expected to out-shout those who are CONVINCED that he deserves death, else he must die? WOW!!

The hate Nigerians store up against other humans is unbelievable. A human being was killed here . . . even more an innocent man it seems, and not even one ounce of pity or remorse.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by trenchcoat: 6:41am On Feb 29, 2012
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]CAN conspiracy,the person was a Christian terrorist, he is a bh Christian terrorist he must be among the suicide bomber, why did they remove his clothes? We are tired of all these nonsense we know about the CAN soldiers killing our Muslim brothers in Maiduguri, GEJ and CAN are the real boko haram simply killing the north and trying to cripple the northern economy. We all know these, come to think of this why would boko haram kill Muslims?If truly they want to kill Christians why cant they go to Christian populated states rather they stay and kill Muslims,please these are stories, the useless and senseless American that predicted Nigeria would split by the year 2015 would have his as.s split.[/size][/size][/size] angry
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by trenchcoat: 6:46am On Feb 29, 2012
Odunnu:

exactly my thots!
Even if he were to be dumb, couldnt he use sign language to identify himself? I dont believe this!

This is a very good point. grin
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by sholatech(m): 12:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Everyone here knows the truth. The fact is just that if christians have guns, bombs and explosive devices, then lots of mosques would be blown up on daily basis.
We have seen Shekau on several occassions saying that they will only stop if Sharia is upheld in Nigeria and President Goodluck becomes a moslem.
All the Boko Haram suspects arrested so far have not denied been BH or Moslems(you even notice the dark praying mark on their foreheads).
I repeat clearly that the mob will not kill that guy if only he was shouting 'Jesus, Jesus'. Some of us have faced mobs in Kano and Plateau State & know that QUESTIONS are always asked by Muslim/Christian Mobs before you are killed/shot. There are thousands of worshippers in COCIN Jos that day, and the dead body the police brought out had his wife & children in church same day, and even the Plateau Commissioner of Info that was rough-handled for trying to protect the killed man is shocked that the police is saying the man is a member of the church. Haba!
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by texazzpete(m): 1:23pm On Feb 29, 2012
Odunnu:

exactly my thots!

This is probably just your brain trying to make an excuse for your earlier expressed glee at this man's death.

The man was killed by a MOB, not any rational collection of people ogling his picture on a big screen. An angry mob will see whatever they want to see, hear whatever they want to see. Where were you when an angry mob in Lagos set ablaze a 12 year old boy for alleged kidnapping? Channels TV reported this and they certainly never reported any attempt to give the boy time to defend himself.

I have no idea what school you went to or how much effort or investment you've put into broadening your mind but I find it hilarious that a fully grown adult imagines a lynching to be a civilized affair where the unfortunate person being lynched is given all the time in the world to offer a defense.

I doubt the poor deceased fellow had time to shout "I am innocent" before the first concrete brick was smashed over his head. Please be HUMAN enough to feel some level of shame for your earlier comments instead of seeking out escape routes.

Kabai:

What a news?! Do u guys mean that amongst the church members who ganged up to kill a fellow church member, non of them could identify him? Can it also be true that he was not interrogated before he was killed? Will it also be true that this man could not say anything to identify himself as a defence even at the instance of death? What kind of stories and lies are these? Please, Nairalanders, what a story?!

What a m0r0n you are! A man was lynched by a mob of churchgoers and his corpse was handed over to the police. His WIFE (who has 2 kids by the way) identified him as a churchgoer. His COLLEAGUE (a christian in Spring Bank) identified him as a fellow staff, a Christian and a father of 2 kids. Yet an imbecilic dolt like yourself insists the story must be false because while the lynch mob were giving him tea and giving him all the time in the world to write a statement he 'failed to identify himself'.

You say the story is fishy because 'his fellow church members could not identify him' as if he were taken in front of the church well dressed and with no cudgel related bruising on his face and held up for identification. Are you for real?!
May perennial affliction strike your scrotal sack if you cannot identify more that 70% of the members of your church!

A father and breadwinner is dead in a senseless and Stupid reaction and all you can do is to babble about lies. I remain hopeful that one day you experience a mob attack first hand so you can tell us how much lucidity you retain while someone's Timberland boots are firmly lodged in your front teeth.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by texazzpete(m): 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
sholatech:

I repeat clearly that the mob will not kill that guy if only he was shouting 'Jesus, Jesus'. Some of us have faced mobs in Kano and Plateau State & know that QUESTIONS are always asked by Muslim/Christian Mobs before you are killed/shot.

There is a clear difference between a mob determined to ascertain your identity BEFORE killing or sparing you and a mob that already feels sure of your identity and only intend to inflict severe bodily harm on you. Were you not a m0r0n, you'd know the difference.

If you're so sure about your thesis that a mob will always stop and question you gently, let me take you to a certain South East market and have three people point at you and shout 'Thief, Thief' as loud as they can. If you escape without a scratch i will come here and apologize to you. Deal?
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
I dont really much get all these religious killing going on in Nigeria anymore. Sad "development".
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Beaf1: 1:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Some people are just dense . . . . a man just lost his life at the hands of a mob that mistook him for a killer.

And all some of you can say is he should have been able to out-shout the mob that had already descended on him and with intentions of clubbing him to death? So a man who is being descended upon by a crowd of about 10 is expected to out-shout those who are CONVINCED that he deserves death, else he must die? WOW!!

The hate Nigerians store up against other humans is unbelievable. A human being was killed here . . . even more an innocent man it seems, and not even one ounce of pity or remorse.

^^
Come On Kobo stop pushing this please.

The reports clearly stated that the mob contemplated handing him over to the police or killing him. That makes me wonder why none of the mob (who happened to be the same church members) unable to recognize him? (assuming the guy was helpless and unconcious as the result of beating or from effect of the bomb).

Besides, some of the reports said the guy 'jumped out' of the moving vehicle. Others said two men 'wearing army uniforms'. If he was mistakenly killed then we still have two bombers and only one body was discovered in the wreckage. Has the other guy escaped unnoticed?. Where is the church security man that was beating by the bombers at the gate before forcing themselves into the premises? He needs to be questioned. He may know more everyone here.

We need more than just two lines convince us.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by texazzpete(m): 2:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
Beaf!:

^^

The reports clearly stated that the mob contemplated handing him over to the police or killing him. That makes me wonder why none of the mob (who happened to be the same church members) unable to recognize him? (assuming the guy was helpless and unconcious as the result of beating or from effect of the bomb).

Besides, some of the reports said the guy 'jumped out' of the moving vehicle. Others said two men 'wearing army uniforms'. If he was mistakenly killed then we still have two bombers and only one body was discovered in the wreckage. Has the other guy escaped unnoticed?. Where is the church security man that was beating by the bombers at the gate before forcing themselves into the premises? He needs to be questioned. He may know more everyone here.

you don't have 'two lines'. You have live, physical identification from his wife and from his colleagues.
I can assure you that I do not know more than 20% of the people in my church. I will struggle to recognise the 10% I know if they are battered, bruised, swollen and bloody.

keep in mind that in a lynch mob, only the inner layer of people (which may not be more than 10 people) have a clear sight of the person being stomped and cudgeled.

By the time any decision on whether to kill or spare him would have been mooted, the guy would have been just a bleeding, quivering pulp.

Any reports of there being two bombers in millitary fatigues should NEVER be taken as hard, reliable evidence.

Beaf, the ONLY HARD, RELIABLE and INDISPUTABLE evidence is that there is a body in the mortuary that was clearly beaten to death by a multitude, not killed in the explosion. That body has been conclusively identified as a Spring Bank employee who was married with two Children and was a member of the church. The fact that he was beaten to death means he was killed by the mob. His wife reports he was at the church with the family that fateful day. He has been confirmed to be a Christian. There was definitely a mob killing that day. Abeg there are no loopholes in that story. The mob killed the wrong man and must bear the blood guilt for this.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by rabzy01: 2:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
I want us to get some facts clearly.
1. Reports had it that the man jumped from the sueside car.
2.The man killed was wearing army uniform.
3. He was a church member.
4. None among the other members identified him.
5. He was killed by his church-goers NOT mob.
6. The governor & other big men in the state who are members of the church were not in the church at that moment though many were in town.
7. Members of the same COCIN were arrested by police trying to detonate bombs in their local church in Bauchi.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
I am shocked at how babaric christains have become. Did you not read the story where they beat up the church warder and commisioner for information who attempted to rescue the man. For me Boko haram has succeeded not because of the people they have killed by=ut because Christains have turned from Christs law of love and forvieness to vengence and hate
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
Beaf!:

^^

There is a problem with the above and this error was from the beginning when LeaderShip.ng reported that the man jumped out of the car and was stopped by the Church members. What the report did not tell us was that the Church was one of the mega churches with about 3000 members, and it also did not tell us that there were already JTF personnel on the premises at the time of the bombing. Remember that this is the Church the Plateau State Governor attended.

To answer your question on church members recognizing him, I can tell you it ain't like so. If I met one of my church members today, I would probably not recognize over 90% of them talk less of them recognizing me and this is a church I have been attending for the past almost 4 years. Even more, their are less than 300 members in the church I speak of.

Now compare that to a Church with well over 2000 people, how do you expect everyone to know everyone else just because they attend the same Church?

Beaf!:

According to othe sources, and by other reports, I mean other news agencies, and even reports of this story on Aljazeera, the bombers did succeed in exploding their car. At the time of the explosion, it is highly probable this man happened to be one of those who rose to escape for his life, before the mob descended on him. Not a single one of the stories states that the man tried to attack anyone, not one, and certainly not one of the stories I considered claims that the mob stopped to contemplate turning him in to the Police as you claim . . . JTF was right there when this happened, according to reports. And furthermore, the Christian youths that proceeded to butcher 2 motocyclists later on because they were muslim certainly did not consider turning them in to the Police either.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 29, 2012
rabzy01:

I want us to get some facts clearly.
1. Reports had it that the man jumped from the sueside car.
2.The man killed was wearing army uniform.
3. He was a church member.
4. None among the other members identified him.
5. He was killed by his church-goers NOT mob.
6. The governor & other big men in the state who are members of the church were not in the church at that moment though many were in town.
7. Members of the same COCIN were arrested by police trying to detonate bombs in their local church in Bauchi.

ALSO why was he wearing military uniform? was he a soldier if yes why was he in uniform for church on a Sunday? something just aint right. or is it?
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Beaf1: 4:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
@ Kobo & Texaz

I understand all your points.

I just need more from you and anyone else to be convinced that the guy in question is innocent.
We have a BIG problem in this country and so many things are possible!

I have read somewhere that this Boko guys have contracted police to kill their colleagues (each police killed they pay N500,000). A reference was given where in Bauchi a policeman alleged to have shot 4 of his colleagues at a checkpoint and later claimed it was armed robbers attack. Some eye witness stated otherwise which prompted an investigation by the police commissioner and the investigation revealed that the accused cop had a wooping sum (N11m) into his bank from unknown source. This could just be some fake story but then it could be possible.

People are desperate to survive in this country so anything can happen. I dont expect the guy to inform his family about any shody deal especially the one involving killing people.

By the way, i am currious to know why those big men including Jona Jang decided to be absent from Church that day.

The may be innocent anyway.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
a hassan gafa (christian) has been caught wit 60 ak47 and lots of IED making material in his shop beside musaba hospital in gombe. makes you wonder who is behind all this bombing and always in areas that are over 90% muslims.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2012
Beaf!:

@ Kobo & Texaz

I understand all your points.

I just need more from you and anyone else to be convinced that the guy in question is innocent.
We have a BIG problem in this country and so many things are possible!

I have read somewhere that this Boko guys have contracted police to kill their colleagues (each police killed they pay N500,000). A reference was given where in Bauchi a policeman alleged to have shot 4 of his colleagues at a checkpoint and later claimed it was armed robbers attack. Some eye witness stated otherwise which prompted an investigation by the police commissioner and the investigation revealed that the accused cop had a wooping sum (N11m) into his bank from unknown source. This could just be some fake story but then it could be possible.

People are desperate to survive in this country so anything can happen. I dont expect the guy to inform his family about any shody deal especially the one involving killing people.

By the way, i am currious to know why those big men including Jona Jang decided to be absent from Church that day.

The may be innocent anyway.

ROFL . . . so now you are suggesting that Boko Haram paid off a Christian member of this Church to go blow himself up at the Church, along with others who had already agreed to blow themselves up, and happened to be muslims? Is it like there have to be 3 people in the car for the bomb to go off and this man decided he had to be the third man? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by texazzpete(m): 9:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
DivideUs:

ALSO why was he wearing military uniform? was he a soldier if yes why was he in uniform for church on a Sunday? something just aint right. or is it?

Again with the m0r0nic questions! Who told you he was wearing a millitary uniform? An early report that has now been discredited?

Look, there is a corpse in the mortuary which has been identified as that of a Christian churchgoer with two kids and a full time worker in a new generation bank. This man was beaten to death by church members. The corpse in the mortuary does NOT have an army uniform on. The Army, SSS and Police are FULLY satisfied with the positive identification of the lynched corpse as belonging to an innocent man.

Please I implore you dolts to refrain from these imbecilic comments and questions. Rather spend any excess energy you have in silent contemplation and prayer for the two children who have been rendered orphans by f00lish church members.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by rabzy01: 11:00pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

ROFL . . . so now you are suggesting that Boko Haram paid off a Christian member of this Church to go blow himself up at the Church,, Is it like there have to be 3 people in the car for the bomb to go off,
Who paid the 7 chistians arrested by police trying to detonate bombs in their own church, this same COCIN in Bauchi state?
Must it take 7 to detonate the bombs?
Answers to these may apply to your quesion
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by texazzpete(m): 11:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
rabzy01:

Who paid the 7 chistians arrested by police trying to detonate bombs in their own church, this same COCIN in Bauchi state?

The COCIN bombing in jos was carried out by suicide bomber(s).

No matter any speculation about any involvement of Christians in any of the Northern attacks in recent times, only adherents of one religion in Nigeria will ever consider suicide bombing.

No prizes for guessing which religion that is. Now show yourself and your daft theories to the door.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by oiseworld: 1:05am On Mar 01, 2012
very untrue story.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Mar 01, 2012
rabzy01:

cORRECTION! your questions there remain st-u-pid questions sorry. Boko Haram has come out to claim responsibility for the bombing in Cocin jos. The answers to the questions i have asked so far have been answered in the reports that have surfaced since the incident. Only that some people would rather continue to destroy the memory of a man that was killed in error.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by igbaodun3: 1:35am On Mar 01, 2012
I have a feeling Kobojunkie was involved. Why is she defending BH so passionately?
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by Kilode1: 2:56am On Mar 01, 2012
If you are reading all the confusing Reports on this thread and you still find it difficult to believe this guy is not BH and innocent (I'm certainly not 100% sure myself), then imagine what a Mob full of angry, scared and traumatized people would have thought the moment somebody identified him as a bomber ( False of Not )

A Mob is an irrational, dangerous thing.

May you never be as the mercy of a Mob.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by emmke(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2012
i am 1000% sure this story is untrue. K-legged story. Continue the blabbing.
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by sholatech(m): 8:20am On Mar 01, 2012
1. Why do we think the body the police shown is not one of those dead from the bomb blast? Who says with 100% confidence its the body of the bomber?

2. Have we not heard from COCIN church Bauchi that they were the ones that called Police & handed over the bickering church members to Police? And that the members did not make any attempt to bomb the church?

3. Who says police in each state command are not appraised based on Boko Haram attacks? The less the boko haram attacks In your command, the higher your performance appraisal?
Re: Jos Church Co-bomber A Church Member by texazzpete(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2012
sholatech:

1. Why do we think the body the police shown is not one of those dead from the bomb blast? Who says with 100% confidence its the body of the bomber?

1) Because the body of the lynched man was directly handed over to the Police/SSS
2) Because the corpse was clearly beaten to death. The trauma from being cudgeled and stomped to death is much different from that from a bomb blast.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Going On Here? / N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA / Jonathan Breaks Silence On Bayelsa Crisis, Knocks Sy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.