Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Mixture Of Perceptions Among Igbo, Hausa & Yoruba Tribes Of Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mixture Of Perceptions Among Igbo, Hausa & Yoruba Tribes Of Nigeria (1770 Views)

The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. / What Is Reason Behind Bearing Names With Igbo Suffixes And Prefixes Among Igbo? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mixture Of Perceptions Among Igbo, Hausa & Yoruba Tribes Of Nigeria by naijanedu(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEEfNbB3f6A?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Nigeria, a multi-cultural/multi-ethnic society has three major ethnic groups; Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. These three ethnic groups characterize the three major regions of the country (North, East and West), thus defining the behaviours and outlooks of life of the people.

The diversities of these three languages has made it possible for each to have its own perceptions about the others thereby creating a mixture of perceptions that is very important in defining the picture and story of the Nigerian nationhood and the struggle of its people to understand their differences for better co-existence and respect for each other.
Re: Mixture Of Perceptions Among Igbo, Hausa & Yoruba Tribes Of Nigeria by Ptolomeus(m): 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
Very interesting post my friend!
I am a foreigner, so I apologize to all if I say anything that might offend someone. It is not my intention.
But I have always amazed how people who once were facing hard historical, and also with the complexity of the arbitrary division of many parts of Africa by Europeans, these people maintain a good relationship, and try closer links in the search for a common destiny.
I understand clearly that there are many differences between Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo, but I also think there are many points in common.
Am I correct?

(1) (Reply)

The Man Who Has Not Bathed For 37 Yrs (pictures) / Why Do Nigerian Men Refuse To Get Massages? / You Guys Thoughts On Growing Movement Of African-americans Practicing Ifa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.