Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead (14647 Views)

Finally James Akwari Iroha AKA ‘gringory Akabuogu’ Has Been Buried Amidst Tears! / James Iroha Aka Giringori In New Masquerade Is Dead At 70 / Gringory Akabuogu (james Iroha) Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by shumno(f): 9:36am On Feb 29, 2012
RIP. thank you for making us laugh, may God grant you eternal rest.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by andyanders: 9:50am On Feb 29, 2012
This is so sad that he was left to die like a chicken. That is why T. Orji, governor of Abia State is a complete compound foo-l for abandoning such a man when he needed help most. May you Rest in Peace.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by eldersis: 10:26am On Feb 29, 2012
May his soul Rest in Peace. cry cry cry
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Gbigbon: 10:31am On Feb 29, 2012
@ Valacious, I agree with you intoto
May his soul R.I.P.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by hbabe(f): 10:38am On Feb 29, 2012
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by texazzpete(m): 10:48am On Feb 29, 2012
gulfer:

I will call you LogicalPete grin tongue, did i say you should use state funds to support anyone? Read again, for all i care you can support Yekini or Shofoluwe etc . Just say a good thing that Gringory has done or do you not know how many pensioners are dying by the day. What happened to their pension-MONEY saved on their behalf by the government and Gringory is one of these.

Ah, my apologies. I had thought you were one of those saying that 'we should have supported him'.

Sorry.  grin
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by kenx1(m): 11:36am On Feb 29, 2012
Was Giringory ever confirmed a national honour
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by AJpikin: 11:50am On Feb 29, 2012
Adieu! touched the lives of many. I was always looking forward to each episode of the masquerade as a kid, still remembered a particular episode where he sang "trust and obey" grin . True comedian and a professional.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by gulfer: 12:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
Lepacious t:

can u upload the guys pics please, THANKS sad sad shocked wink
Go to page 2 of the thread to see a pix I believe was taken in his later days.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by elumben: 12:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
Hello Peeps please !!check out New posts on: http://areme-007..com/ , View~Share~Drop your comment, Please
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by OmoPastor(m): 12:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
rip sir good nite
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Kaboom1: 1:11pm On Feb 29, 2012
gulfer:

How much are you able to save as a honest civil servant in a country such as our? Face it, some persons are unable to even steal a pin just as some are able to steal/appropriate a whole stadium generator. We are not here to discuss his savings or being unable to save and live in affluence, we are here to pay tribute to a joy giver. If you watched the original 'New Masquarade', only the likes of halo, halo come close in terms of comic relief to viewers.

Thanks for this,
I think people forget how much they were paid then, I don't think he even made N2000 per episode, so how do you save when you are underpaid? and not even paid sometimes, For the likes of Gringory that brought so much Joy into our lives it would not have been bad or a big deal if everyone of us his Fans, contributed N1000 to aid him when he came out begging and calling out for our assistance, So trying to judge him does not cut it at all (For those doing so) In America he would have been a Rich Icon! He never made money from the show he created (Masquerade)
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by AmuIgwe: 1:51pm On Feb 29, 2012
This is unfortunate. R.I.P.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Remii(m): 3:15pm On Feb 29, 2012
kenx1:

Was Giringory ever confirmed a national honour

trust nigeria, they will give him many now. plus lots of grammer for someone that died of pverty.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by mkmyers45(m): 3:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
RIP Sir, A real gem in his prime
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by texazzpete(m): 7:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
Kaboom!:

Thanks for this,
I think people forget how much they were paid then, I don't think he even made N2000 per episode, so how do you save when you are underpaid? and not even paid sometimes, For the likes of Gringory that brought so much Joy into our lives it would not have been bad or a big deal if everyone of us his Fans, contributed N1000 to aid him when he came out begging and calling out for our assistance, So trying to judge him does not cut it at all (For those doing so) In America he would have been a Rich Icon! He never made money from the show he created (Masquerade)

And in your infinite wisdom you think N2000 in the 1980s was a pittance abi?
There is no indication that he was underpaid. The payments back then may not have been the huge sums our entertainment industry staff collect now, but it was most likely pretty decent. At the very least, he had to have been earning more than a garden variety newscaster and certainly more than primary school teachers.

By that indication, the streets Nigeria should have been filled with begging teachers.

Finally, there are loads of movie stars or celebrities who have died broke. Is Mike Tyson a 'Rich Icon'? When Eric Djemba-Djemba declared his abject bankruptcy, did you see Manchester United players gathering money subsidize him? Did Gary Coleman die rich?

Abeg if you people want to donate money, don't let anyone stop you. but please spare us the guilt trip. I am expected to save up for my later years. Everyone is expected to do the same.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by texazzpete(m): 8:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
andyanders:

This is so sad that he was left to die like a chicken. That is why T. Orji, governor of Abia State is a complete compound foo-l for abandoning such a man when he needed help most. May you Rest in Peace.

He was 70 years old. What else does someone really need? Why is T.A Orji (who i agree is a compound m0r0n for other reasons) supposed to use Taxpayers' money to fund him?
What exactly does 'die like a chicken' mean? And why this insinuation of the man being 'abandoned' when he had children and kinsmen?

You guys need to grow up.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by tiarabubu: 10:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
texazzpete:

And in your infinite wisdom you think N2000 in the 1980s was a pittance abi?
There is no indication that he was underpaid. The payments back then may not have been the huge sums our entertainment industry staff collect now, but it was most likely pretty decent. At the very least, he had to have been earning more than a garden variety newscaster and certainly more than primary school teachers.

By that indication, the streets Nigeria should have been filled with begging teachers.

Finally, there are loads of movie stars or celebrities who have died broke. Is Mike Tyson a 'Rich Icon'? When Eric Djemba-Djemba declared his abject bankruptcy, did you see Manchester United players gathering money subsidize him? Did Gary Coleman die rich?

Abeg if you people want to donate money, don't let anyone stop you. but please spare us the guilt trip. I am expected to save up for my later years. Everyone is expected to do the same.

Leave them. We are too emotional in this country. Its sad that Gringory died, and died a poor man. It was unforturnate. That doessnt extinguish the need for everyone to plan for the future.

Chief Zebrudaya is certainly not poor. He is a well paid MC and advert personality. Christy Essein died a wealthy business woman. They were all cast of the show, was it Government that made these two?

Linking criminal stealing by politicians to the "neglect" of this man is being jundiced. They are two different things. Even if Nigeria were wealthy as America, doling out government money to people is not it.

I expect artists like P Square, Genevieve Nnaji, RMD, Baba Sala and co to INVEST their money wisely, if they are not business wise get a retirement service plan from companies like IBTC pensions, ARM pensions etc and start saving/investing for those years when they will be down.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
Thd difference btw them is that zebrudaya and christy are from Anambra.lol
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by blocker: 5:34am On Mar 01, 2012
smiley smiley The names of the prominent actors of New Masquerade include James Iroha (Gringory) Chika Okpala (Chief Zebrudia Okoro Igwe Nwogbo alias 4.30), Lizzy Ovoeme (Ovuliera), Claude Eke who died of sroke in 2002 was (Prince Jegede Shokoya the Great Grand son of Idi Araba and by the grace of God the youngest millionaire in the whole Universe). Jegede had two wifes Ramota and Akpeno (late Christy Igbokwe). David Offor is Clarus (now blind), and Natty's real name is Romanus. And for the records the late Gringory had a medical condition to the brain since 1976 he had been undergoing expensive operations abroad. Back in 1996 over a N1 m was raised on his behalf to under go an operation abroad. He resorted to appeals so that he can still have enough money to do the normal things such as pay rent, feed the family and send his children to the University. I knew his family well. May his meek soul find ever lasting peace. R.I.P.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by isleman(m): 8:47am On Mar 01, 2012
Did Ramsey scored in Arsenal's 5-2 win over Totenham?

RIP Giningory!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newly Wed Olumide And Dakore Akande Get Cozy In Magazine Spread. / Davido Announces Collaboration With Young Thug (video) / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.