Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Investigative Journalism - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Investigative Journalism (1289 Views)

Legal Issues In Investigative Reporting / What Institute Can One Get The Best Journalism Training In Nigeria? / Nigerian Institute Of Journalism Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Investigative Journalism by endure: 11:14am On Oct 24, 2007
I had a reason to go through so many school's websites, and i found out there
is none of our Nigerian universities that offers investigative journalism as a course
please does anyone have an Idea which school i can do that?

Besides, wat really is it to investigative journalism that makes is scarce?
Re: Investigative Journalism by lekosoo(m): 11:53am On Oct 24, 2007
ACTUALLY I DONT KNOW ANY UNIVERSITY DOING THIS COURSE, BUT WHY CANT YOU TRY SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM IN IKEJA.

Investigative journalism is when reporters deeply investigate a topic of interest, often involving crime, political corruption, or some other scandal.

De Burgh (2000) states that "An investigative journalist is a man or woman whose profession it is to discover the truth and to identify lapses from it in whatever media may be available. The act of doing this generally is called investigative journalism and is distinct from apparently similar work done by police, lawyers, auditors and regulatory bodies in that it is not limited as to target, not legally founded and closely connected to publicity".

An investigative journalist may spend a considerable period researching and preparing a report, sometimes months or years, whereas a typical daily or weekly news reporter writes items concerning immediately available news. Most investigative journalism is done by newspapers, wire services and freelance journalists.

thanks

One love
Re: Investigative Journalism by endure: 11:50am On Oct 25, 2007
Thanx man 4 ur response. Actually, I got to know that some universities
in North America and Londo do that. But then, u know how expensive
it is. So I was thinking I can get an alternative in Nigeria. Actually, I dont
want to do it as a profession. I am a Law student and I intend doing that
just to help me in my career.

The Shool in Ikeja, please do u know if it offers INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM?
Cuz daz just wat I need and not just journalism.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

topic closed / Chevron 2009/2010 National Scholarship Award Is Open For Application / Futo Post Ume 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.