Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec (214452 Views)

What's The Best Drug For Aborting A Less Than A Month Pregnancy / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / **aborting A 1month Preg. With Pills$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by echezz: 8:35am On Feb 29, 2012
Please see a gynaecologist ASAP. This sounds disturbing

1 Like

Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by violent(m): 8:36am On Feb 29, 2012
Probably there might be some retained product of conception(partial explanation for fever). I advise that she visits a gynaecologist. I will also want to know how many pad she changes in a day? and how soaked-up is each pad(is it dripping with blood?). A friend of mine terminated pregnancy in the same way with similar complication except fever. They promptly sought for my advice. I advised that she should take folic acid daily with a strict maintenance of personal hygiene. The bleeding stopped after a week.

Here's another likely untrained  internet doctor providing prescriptions/advise without examining the patient first!

Please people, don't come in here to provide an advise on what the patient should be using unless you've seen the patient before.  In the very least case, you may only end up complicating their situation further.  It is very clear that this patient needs the attention of a doctor or a gynecologist not some unline buddy!

Try going back to those doctors that refused to carry out the abortion and narrate your ordeal to them. Thay should be willing to help this time around. Or perhaps search for the solution on the internet just aš you got to kήow about Cytotec & co.
I just hope you won't eat the forbidden fruit after all this & I think you should marry her ASAP! Well, wishing you all the best & quick recovery for her

You were doing well till you got to the parts in bold. You really wouldn't give a relative the same advise would you?
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by KINGwax(m): 8:36am On Feb 29, 2012
Hey fuckface OP! First, u must marry d girl even if you've both damaged her womb here. I've heard of a case where d womb has to be removed to save d girl, so get sacred, real sacred.
Second, what really happened to condom? U guys didn't 4uck at d backyard, did u? What happened to contraceptions if you both so crazy act flesh to flesh madness?
Okay okay i undstnd mistake happens, but fuckface, jst hope God gamu fuckin wit u here, cos it gets really inexplicably bad if He does!
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by hydoo(m): 8:37am On Feb 29, 2012
Eyyah,i feel sorry 4 u,but 2 be frankly u should avoid safe medicated
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by denitro(m): 8:38am On Feb 29, 2012
ADOPTION!!! ADOPTION!!! ADOPTION!!!!
YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT THE CHILD FOR ADOPTION!
THERE ARE MANY EAGER COUPLES WHO CAN'T HAVE BABIES PRAYING AND SEARCHING
ADOPTION AGENCIES FOR A CHILD,
WHAT YOU DID IS WICKEDNESS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL.

N.B
I read that when one dies, several people will greet you on the other side,
(Parents who have passed on, family members on the other side and those you killed)

Food for thought
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by Jenticles(f): 8:39am On Feb 29, 2012
U guys don't have any problem @ all anyway take her 2 a good hospital 4 evacuation but taking drugs 2 abort pregnacy hmm dats sick cos it has side effects gudluck n play safe nxt time
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by tsharp(m): 8:40am On Feb 29, 2012
Isn't 'love' complicated?
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by violent(m): 8:42am On Feb 29, 2012
Many people here keep coming with silly statements of "You should have done this or that". . .how the fu[i]c[/i]k does that take us any further from this current position?

You really think in retrospect the OP does not realize the things he should have and shouldn't have done?

If you guys don't have any thing to offer then please, silence is considered golden too!
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by Acidosis(m): 8:43am On Feb 29, 2012
odiaero:

@ OP, those two drugs work together, the other is placed inside the virgina after 48 hours, you should not have used it when u could not complete the two drugs, just go to a nice hospital and get ready to spend cash,
just my thought. .that drug isn't an OTC drug, you don't just buy any drug you read/hear without prescription.

or could it be that the child* is punishing you. .you can only destroy the formation but not the spirit.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ACM10: 8:47am On Feb 29, 2012
violent:

Here's another likely untrained  internet doctor providing prescriptions/advise without examining the patient first!

Please people, don't come in here to provide an advise on what the patient should be using unless you've seen the patient before.  In the very least case, you may only end up complicating their situation further.  It is very clear that this patient needs the attention of a doctor or a gynecologist not some unline buddy!

You were doing well till you got to the parts in bold.  You really wouldn't give a relative the same advise would you?

Haba! did u read my comment at all? Well, I don't really care what you think. I only cited the advice which I proffered when I was confronted with similar condition with lesser complication.

ACM10:

Probably there might be some retained product of conception(partial explanation for fever). I advise that she visits a gynaecologist. I will also want to know how many pad she changes in a day? and how soaked-up is each pad(is it dripping with blood?). A friend of mine terminated pregnancy in the same way with similar complication except fever. They promptly sought for my advice. I advised that she should take folic acid daily with a strict maintenance of personal hygiene. The bleeding stopped after a week.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by tunnytox(m): 8:48am On Feb 29, 2012
Very disturbing story, I hope you get help for her very quickly. I still see no reason why people cannot be allowed to have a legal and safe abortion, lives are being destroyed daily because of this red tape and to make matter worse the govt in Nigeria have no adequate provision for many abandoned kids that result from these unwanted pregnancies.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by jmoore(m): 8:50am On Feb 29, 2012
tollu:

I can only hope OP and his girlfriend have been to a hospital for complete evacuation.

And yes I'm all for legalised abortion as well, not all pregnancies are a result of unprotected sex, what if the condom broke without your knowledge?

not all doctors will partake in killing of unborn babies . legalise abortion? as in legalise terrorism also?
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by iykak47: 8:53am On Feb 29, 2012
Delay is dagerous pls do something fast, consult a gynaecologist.

This is the reason i always wear live jacket whenever i want to swim,
to avoid  long time stress  and sleepless nights(sometimes midnight cry}after just  few minutes 'enjoyment',
It doesnt worth it.

Say no to Tufacing!!!
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by jmoore(m): 8:53am On Feb 29, 2012
tunnytox:

Very disturbing story, I hope you get help for her very quickly. I still see no reason why people cannot be allowed to have a legal and safe abortion, lives are being destroyed daily because of this red tape and to make matter worse the govt in Nigeria have no adequate provision for many abandoned kids that result from these unwanted pregnancies.
so the baby in the womb is not part of the lives?
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ACM10: 8:53am On Feb 29, 2012
KINGwax:

Hey fuckface OP! First, u must marry d girl even if you've both damaged her womb here. I've heard of a case where d womb has to be removed to save d girl, so get sacred, real sacred.
Second, what really happened to condom? U guys didn't 4uck at d backyard, did u? What happened to contraceptions if you both so crazy act flesh to flesh madness?
Okay okay i undstnd mistake happens, but fuckface, jst hope God gamu fuckin wit u here, cos it gets really inexplicably bad if He does!

There is nothing wrong with the womb. This seems like a case of coagulopathy secondary to the retained product of conception. This is not a case of criminal surgical abortion. She only needs to visit a gynaecologist for advice and probably to perform some procedures.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by Tobiustobius: 8:57am On Feb 29, 2012
Abortion is not a mistake, but a choice. Right now, your girlfriend needs your love and support more than anything else. That said,

If she has gone for an ultrasound scan that says the pregnancy is completely gone and there is nothing in her uterus (womb), then the major problem is over.

Prolonged bleeding is a side effect of the drug, and AS LONG AS THE SCAN SAYS THE PREGNANCY IS COMPLETELY GONE, it would stop by the time her next period starts.

It takes about 4 to 6 weeks for the pregnancy test to become negative following the procedure, so in about two weeks from now, your girlfriend should do another pregnancy test to confirm.

If either this confirmatory pregnancy test or the ultrasound scan says she is still pregnant (i.e retained products of conception), then the options are to:
- take the drug (Cytotec) again
- go to a hospital

If you both choose to go to a hospital:
- ask for a gynecologist
- DO NOT ADMIT TO HAVING AN ABORTION - you and your girlfriend could possibly go to jail.
- Instead, say that she had a miscarriage. Abortion and miscarriage have the same clinical picture, and no-one can tell the difference. They may not believe you, they may insist that it was an induced abortion, but DO NOT ADMIT to it.

In the meantime, if she develops other symptoms like fever and chills, GO TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY because these symptoms could be due to infection of the retained products, causing sepsis.

I wish your girlfriend the best of luck.

7 Likes

Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ifyalways(f): 9:01am On Feb 29, 2012
I'm surprised OP claimed he couldn't get abortion done in a couple of hospitals in lagos.I know about 5 hospitals off hand where healthy legal abortions are done.Ooops,both boy and girl have to be above 22 years though.

@Topic,Take your babe to a general hospital,buy a card,explain your condition to ONLY the Gyn/Obs(some nurses are nosey,they want to probe u and direct u to their own person who might not be very qualified just for the money).

PS:Disregard the many emails you'd get from folks claiming to have one drug or offering all sorts of help,it would only worsen the situation.Take your girl to the nearest gen hospital NOW.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by msb247(m): 9:03am On Feb 29, 2012
You were doing well till you got to the parts in bold.  You really wouldn't give a relative the same advise would you?

Hahahahaha I can but that depends on the situation at hand. I actually forgot an 'lol' after the statement. It was intended to be partially sarcastic grin. Mind you, that helps in some cases. Using the search terms 'continuous bleeding after using Cytotec' can fetch you a whole lot of information! Many other homo-sapiens have used this drug & experienced the same or similar problem.
I rest my case smiley
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by kolaoloye(m): 9:08am On Feb 29, 2012
ifyalways:

@Topic,Take your babe to a general hospital,buy a card,explain your condition to ONLY the Gyn/Obs(some nurses are nosey,they want to probe u and direct u to their own person who might not be very qualified just for the money).

PS:Disregard the many emails you'd get from folks claiming to have one drug or offering all sorts of help,it would only worsen the situation.Take your girl to the nearest gen hospital NOW.
The best contribution so far.

@OP
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 29, 2012
Honestly, I wouldn't have seen anything wrong with all of this. Except the poster just seems totally oblivious of the fact that he could have killed the lady in question. Please just go see a good doctor so death can be completely avoided. sad
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 29, 2012
This is an example to evribody,dont take drugs you saw the prescription on the internet.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 29, 2012
You simply don't google prescriptions. Come on! Never do that! angry
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by bibelo: 9:19am On Feb 29, 2012
@ op i hope u av been to the clinic and d issue has bn resolved.my fellow nlers even cd can disappoint,a lady friend of mine had protected sex bt cd broke and shes scheduled for a d & c on saturday.i just wish her best of luck and pray she wont av any complications.the suprising tin is when she was havin it unprotected she neva took in,now she use protection belle show.abstinence is stil d best way to go even though e hard no be small.may God help us all wit all this swit tin wey purge pesin
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by shumno(f): 9:21am On Feb 29, 2012
Please and please take this girl to a good hospital so she can get the best treatment, what you might be toying with is death. Bleeding like that for more than a month is serious. You are not a doctor,I wonder why you would be keeping her at home with such a serious condition.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ACM10: 9:25am On Feb 29, 2012
Alimzo:

This is an example to evribody,dont take drugs you saw the prescription on the internet.

sauer:

You simply don't google prescriptions. Come on! Never do that! angry

I agree with both of you partially. The prescription(misoprostol and mifepristone) is right. But the dosages are wrong. His mode of application is wrong too. In addition, they were oblivious of its complications. I'm most worried about the bleeding after ultrasound scan confirmed that there was no retained product. So I honestly thought that they should seek for the help of a gynaecologist or even a general practitioner
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by fiosexy(f): 9:26am On Feb 29, 2012
Also she need is to be evacuated go to teaching hospital in lagos dey will do it for her.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by tollu: 9:31am On Feb 29, 2012
jmoore:

not all doctors will partake in killing of unborn babies . legalise abortion? as in legalise terrorism also?      

Sorry, I'm not willing to battle close-mindedness and illogical analogies today.
Toodles
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ADEBYTE: 9:52am On Feb 29, 2012
@poster.why mate when u know that u can not afford to father a baby. i hope that this serves as lesson to you and other to always use condon or abstain

If you considering to have a medication abortion, you have to understand possible risks of this procedure.

Any procedure you apply to yourself without proper information may be unsafe. The medication abortion is procedure where correct information help to avoid complications. Please read carefully and seek the medical help as soon as possible if you will have some from these symptoms.

Common treatment in all cases is vacuum aspiration. In case you live in country with strict law against abortion, you need to tell the medical staff you had a miscarriage. Nobody can see you induce your abortion. Don't forget remove all signs of pills if you use vaginal method.

Is recommended arrange your medication abortion. You have to have enough free time and should not go to work during abortion hours. The bleeding after use Misoprostol (Cytotec) abortion pills usually starts 3-5 hours after the first dose is taken. Next, bleeding should be heavy and during this heavy bleeding cramps may be visible. More, you will feel yourself uncomfort, may have fever, pain, and/ or nausea. This is reasons why is not recommended go to work. As soon as you become feel good you may return to your normal routine.

You may feel strong pain during abortion. In this case you can use general painkillers like paracetamol, aspirine or diclofenac that decreases menstruation pain. Do not take other medicine because some of pain relief medication might counter the contraction of the womb and uterus and influence the use of Misoprostol (Cytotec).

It's important do not stop after first dosage of Misoprostol (Cytotec) pills even you begin bleeding. You must take the next dosage despite the blood loss you have. The second dosage increase the effect of pills and reduce possibility of incomplete abortion. Abortion is complete when no tissue remains in the uterus. Only one dosage not enough for it. When abortion will be successful, you will feel less cramps and pain in compare with time after the first use Misoprostol (Cytotec) pills.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ADEBYTE: 9:55am On Feb 29, 2012
@ poster

BUT NOTE :In case you have heavy bleeding
Symptoms of heavy bleeding: your bleeding need more than 2 maxi sanitary pads per hour and continue more than 2 hours. You feeling dizzy; light-headed can be a sign of large blood loss. This is dangerous for your health, and you have to seek help of medical staff.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ADEBYTE: 9:57am On Feb 29, 2012
@poster

similarly: Incomplete abortion?
Symptoms of incomplete abortion: heavy or persistent bleeding usually with persistent severe pain. You have to seek the medical staff help.
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ADEBYTE: 9:59am On Feb 29, 2012
@poster

TO HELP YOU FURTHER INCASE OF INFECTION,

The case of infection
Symptom of infection: you have a fever (more than 38 degrees Celsius) continue more than 24 hours, or your fever is more than 39 degrees. You have to seek help of doctor. Usually treatment for high fever is antibiotics
Re: Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec by ACM10: 10:02am On Feb 29, 2012
ADEBYTE:

@poster.why mate when u know that u can not afford to father a baby. i hope that this serves as lesson to you and other to always use condon or abstain

If you considering to have a medication abortion, you have to understand possible risks of this procedure.

Any procedure you apply to yourself without proper information may be unsafe. The medication abortion is procedure where correct information help to avoid complications. Please read carefully and seek the medical help as soon as possible if you will have some from these symptoms.

Common treatment in all cases is vacuum aspiration. In case you live in country with strict law against abortion, you need to tell the medical staff you had a miscarriage. Nobody can see you induce your abortion. Don't forget remove all signs of pills if you use womanly method.

Is recommended arrange your medication abortion. You have to have enough free time and should not go to work during abortion hours. The bleeding after use Misoprostol (Cytotec) abortion pills usually starts 3-5 hours after the first dose is taken. Next, bleeding should be heavy and during this heavy bleeding cramps may be visible. More, you will feel yourself uncomfort, may have fever, pain, and/ or nausea. This is reasons why is not recommended go to work. As soon as you become feel good you may return to your normal routine.

You may feel strong pain during abortion. In this case you can use general painkillers like paracetamol, aspirine or diclofenac that decreases menstruation pain. Do not take other medicine because some of pain relief medication might counter the contraction of the womb and uterus and influence the use of Misoprostol (Cytotec).

It's important do not stop after first dosage of Misoprostol (Cytotec) pills even you begin bleeding. You must take the next dosage despite the blood loss you have. The second dosage increase the effect of pills and reduce possibility of incomplete abortion. Abortion is complete when no tissue remains in the uterus. Only one dosage not enough for it. When abortion will be successful, you will feel less cramps and pain in compare with time after the first use Misoprostol (Cytotec) pills.

What do u mean by the bolded? Humans mate 98% of time for recreation. You should advise him to adhere to safe sex. Your implied advice of abstinence is not pragmatic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Any Solution For Blocked Tubes? / Men, FORGET VIAGRA. Do These To Increase Your Penile Size And Strength. / 5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.