Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad (1503 Views)

Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers / Job Offers In Surulere, Lagos! / Nigerians Studying Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by peu(f): 12:55am On Mar 22, 2006
Hi guys
i only want to know what are the job offer in Nigeria after studying abroad
courses like information technology/science and computer science
i must say there is nothing like home but outside is interesting
like they say (ile ni abosimi oko.)
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by Hotstepper(f): 4:23am On Mar 22, 2006
there should be jobs since they are encouraging Nigerians that studied abroad to come back home. i am definetly going after am done embarassed
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by mercury(m): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2006
I'm interested in knowing too, as most of us wish to come back to 9ja if we get good jobs back home. I'm studying a MBA to finish in sept . though have 4 yrs experience in 9ja but still contemplating whether to return or not.
But I'll definitely do if i get a good job

PEU , have u registered on www.careersinafrica.com
there's a fair coming up in london from 28th to 30th of april for people studying or working abroad who want to get a job in africa It's strictly by IV but invitees will be picked from that website. so register b4 31st of march. we are all hoping we get invited
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by LoverBwoy(m): 3:05am On Mar 23, 2006
dont just study abroad , gain experience aswell!!
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by mercury(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2006
Gain experience where, home or abroad,
Please expantiate LoverBwoy.

I know very well that getting a good job now (related to what u studied) is quite difficult in jand( with exception of IT people)
I have a couple of friends who have been here for 4 to 5 years , done their masters( most of them MBA and MSC) and yet dont work with it.

Yes they have good paying jobs here but as what .Some in the call centres, retail stores, or as an admin clerk.
And I have a feeling that the longer u stay here(abroad) the more reluctant u are to come back home especially cos of your earning power here and the fear of change(which is a normal phenomenom)

But if u expantiate maybe we'll understand your view
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by kajad(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2006
There are lots of jobs for Nigerians with western certificates now in the country. Many foreign companies investing in Nigeria prefer Nigerians with western training and experience. Those who are serious about coming back home can get very good jobs here. I could help with information to those I know their discipline or requirements. pm me
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by LoverBwoy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2006
Finding a job after graduation is not easy for anyone in jand, its basically survival of the fittest

Most companies offer the placements for students in second year which is very very important because there is a high % chance they will retain you for part-time work till u graduate or even sponsor the rest of your study period if u agree to work with them afterwards.

Most nigerian students take their masters and do other extra course after graduating but the fact is experience is getting more valuable than extra certificates, companies offer graduate trainee programmes/ or management trainee programmes.

the majority of nigerian students i meet esp those that just come for studies don't really want to go through the hassle of gettin a job here, they all want shell n the multinational companies in nigeria

working in retail and other sectors that don't relate to your course or carreer developemnt plans is part of reality atleats they are not sitting at home complaining, through that they will network with other graduates in the same position n find out whats goin

Gaining experience here is also valuable so you don't just settle for any job and remember there no much training in nigeria
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by mercury(m): 12:19am On Mar 24, 2006
Hi Kajad,

I'll really appreciate some info about job opportunity in 9ja. My friend and I are both studying MBA.
with a focus on Biz strategy.

We'll be rounding up by Oct this year. I have a 4 yrs experience in a major telecoms firm in 9ja and my friend has a 10 yr experience in banking(in 9ja).

Really we are already faced with the fear of getting a good job back home when we are through considering the fact that we both have some experience back home.

I personally dont want a bank job ( u can guess why wink) but my friend really wont mind as a guy u know and with loads of experience from there.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers men
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by kajad(m): 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2006
I got you covered here. be assured that i would not hesitate to send you any relevant information asap.
Re: Local Job Offers For Nigerians Studying Abroad by mercury(m): 11:49pm On Mar 24, 2006
thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Secretary's Needed? / IBTC. TEST / Dpr Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.