Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy (5372 Views)

Azubuike Chikere-Wanjoku Storms INEC Collation Centre,Wants Return Of N12m Bribe / President Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Local Govts / Adams Oshiomhole Awarded N25M As Damages Over News Of D People 2011 Publication (2) (3) (4)

Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by Ptimes: 4:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
An Abuja High Court on Wednesday ordered the Nigeria Police to pay N12 million to a 34-year-old man, Odu Johnson, as damages for unlawful detention and violation of his fundamental rights.

Justice Mudashiru Oniyanyi gave the order, while delivering judgment in a suit filed by Mr. Johnson, asking for N150 million from the police as damages for unlawful detention.

Mr. Johnson had dragged the Inspector-General of Police and FCT Commissioner of Police to court, claiming that he was detained for allegedly stealing 12 tyres belonging to one Suzy Micheal.

Read more at: http://premiumtimesng.com/metro/3999-court_orders_police_to_pay_n12m_damages_to_salesboy.html
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by Yeske2(m): 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
A very good move and commendable, just wished people who had gone through this could sue them to act as a deterrent.
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by sunkoye: 6:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
if this shuld continue then, those mumu's half brain will boot properly on the JOB grin
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
nice and sweet news
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by victorazy(m): 6:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
Has Baba Suwe's been paid? Jst aking plz
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by hardbody: 7:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
Making these orders are just an aspect, enforcing them is what matters most. How is that guy going to get his money? It is such a lawless society and if he insists so much on executing this judgement, he might be framed up or pick up a stray bullet from an accidental discharge. lipsrsealed
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by TLU(m): 7:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
i hope he is able to collect it
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by kristiansmart: 7:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
Great news! smiley [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by ariyebaba(m): 7:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
Who go pay am , ? shocked cool tongue embarassed undecided cry cheesy grin
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by dasparrow: 8:13pm On Feb 29, 2012
Good!
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by monkvirus(m): 8:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
yes that is good.useless police people.poor man wey steal maggi we go c him face for crime fighter.but politician we steal billions we no go c their face at all.And funny enough the guy did even steal.BASTARDS angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by Mayflowa(m): 8:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
I only wish I could sue them myself. I just visited home last week only to be extorted of N1000 by carrying a personel computer which they insisted was stolen because I wasnt with the receipt. I gave them my Uk student ID and my international passport, they won't listen. Only 1K could make the laptop not stolen!
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by slaxzy(m): 9:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
Dats nice ,now they would ve to start thinking twice before unlawful arrest!
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by oigbaodun: 9:06pm On Feb 29, 2012
Mayflowa:

I only wish I could sue them myself. I just visited home last week only to be extorted of N1000 by carrying a personel computer which they insisted was stolen because I wasnt with the receipt. I gave them my Uk student ID and my international passport, they won't listen. Only 1K could make the laptop not stolen!

I agree with the cops, you are a thief. I am yet to meet a law abiding UK-residing Nigerian. How come you don't have the receipt for the laptop in your possession? You are lucky I wasn't on duty that day, I would have killed you. Thieves dont deserve to live among up-standing people.
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by chux76(m): 9:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
oigbaodun:

I agree with the cops, you are a thief. I am yet to meet a law abiding UK-residing Nigerian. How come you don't have the receipt for the laptop in your possession? You are lucky I wasn't on duty that day, I would have killed you. Thieves dont deserve to live among up-standing people.

I presume u must be high on rat dung!!!!
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by LFJ: 9:27pm On Feb 29, 2012
Quote from: oigbaodun on Today at 09:06:20 PM

I don't have any doubt that you are just joking with this statement
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by LEXYLOV: 9:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
I hope they will pay the money and they will not go and look for some perfect set up tactics to rope the guy or even go as armed robbers to the guy house to collect the money back or silence him. Guy watch your back !!!! undecided
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by ENEONWO(m): 10:25pm On Feb 29, 2012
Good. There are so many of such unlawful detentions. Most of the aim is to extract "bail money". I think we Nigerians are so much in a hurry that we allow our fundamental rights to be voilated with reckless abandon.
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by IYANGBALI: 11:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
what a lucky man. PLS WHAT CAN I DO SO AS TO BE DETAINED UNLAWFULLY BY THE NIGERIA POLICE?I NEED SOME COOL CASH.
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by kcbaba0071(m): 11:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Gat natin 2say until d guy see him maney??! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by tEsLim(m): 1:22am On Mar 01, 2012
Story story, how police wan pay? People wey never pay staff salary?
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by eghost247(m): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2012
maybe this will teach them a lesson
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by stkris(m): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2012
oigbaodun:

A true Ret@rd.
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by Jemibee: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2012
In this same 9ja?? police go pay such money?? we all better wake up from our slumber.

By the way, has Baba Suwe been paid? when i was tellin peeps he'd never smell the 25 million, peeps didn't beleive me, Now we all have seen for ourselves
Re: Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy by slaxzy(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2012
God catch d oga! Nice one.

Which City Has A Better Night/liesure Life. Owerri Or Enugu? / PDP Governorship Aspirant Sues Ekiti Over Damage Of Billboard / Governor Bagudu At Eid Prayer Ground This Morning