Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw (3010 Views)

NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory / Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw / Bbc News : Etuhu Jailed 8 Months For Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by mukina2: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2012
Fulham midfielder Dickson Etuhu has blamed the bad pitch of the Stade Regional de Kigali for the goalless draw the Super Eagles got in yesterday’s 2013 Africa Nations Cup first leg qualifier against the Amavubi’s of Rwanda in Kigali.

The Eagles were expected to win this match, but the home team created more chances and should have got a result against their more illustrious foes save for poor finishing and some resolute defending by skipper Joseph Yobo, who was winning a record 87th international cap.

The midfield was again the problematic department for Keshi’s team as Dickson Etuhu and Joel Obi of Inter struggled to fashion an understanding in the engine room allowing the Rwandese to head for goal almost at will.

Etuhu who was the first foreign-based professional to hit the Eagles camp on Sunday wrote on his twitter wall: “What a bad pitch,”

The former Sunderland combative midfielder further urged Nigerians to support the team while adding that the players understand their frustration.

“We need our fans behind us fully from now on. We understand their frustration but let’s move forward together,” he tweeted.

However, the best chance of the entire game fell to Eagles right back on the day Godfrey Oboabona in second half stoppage time after some great individual run by Moses.

Oboabona’s shot was blocked to ensure the spoils were split by Nigeria and Rwanda in Kigali. The return leg match will be played in Abuja on June 17.

Etuhu who struggled to stamp his authority in the encounter was replaced in the 72nd minute of the encounter by Kano Pillar’s Reuben Gabriel must now work his socks off to be relevant in the Fulham midfield following the arrival of former Real Madrid midfielder Mammadou Diarra as the Cottagers eye a top ten finish this season.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/etuhu-blames-bad-pitch-eagles-draw
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by madprof(m): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2012
Shebi na di same bad pitch dem play on top, draw. Ok, when dem come Nigeria, play dem on bad pitch too and win the game. Idiot!
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by Coefficient(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2012
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! Joke of d century! Just as we anticipated! Incompetent bloke!
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by chuks49(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2012
Slow poke. Can't remember the last time I watched lame duck (eagles) play.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by McGeorge1(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2012
Mr etuhu! We've heard dis a million times. Was the ball spherical too? There's no point complaining anyway. I never expected much 4rm u guys grin grin
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by doctokwus: 11:11am On Mar 01, 2012
Though way too early& I do sincerely wish him well,but dis Keshi guy has neva gvn me any confidence,I feel he's technically inept.I wish time & other matches wud prove me wrong sha
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by NMAAJOOGU: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2012
REASONS DON BEGIN COME OUT.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by jspac(m): 11:24am On Mar 01, 2012
Akụkọ n'egwu grin
It's a super storrrrrrryyyy cheesy
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by dmainboss: 11:24am On Mar 01, 2012
I said it that they should never have sacked Sia 1. They should have backed him to build a new team and throw out all these old cargos. They deliberately messed him up and got him sacked even if it meant messing up the country. Ayegbeni and Osaze are scoring like water in their clubs but the moment you bring them here, they will be strolling on the pitch. Twats!
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by IdiAmin2(m): 11:26am On Mar 01, 2012
08-10/10/10: Rwanda 0-3 Benin

02-04/09/11: Rwanda 0-5 Ivory Coast

Bad pitch my black behind. Was it not the same bad pitch ordinary Benin republic beat them 3-0, and Ivory coast fire them 5 without reply?

Stupid excuses, Etuhu is worse tham Mikel when it comes to laziness.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by mkmyers45(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2012
Idi-Amin:

08-10/10/10: Rwanda 0-3 Benin

02-04/09/11: Rwanda 0-5 Ivory Coast

Bad pitch my black behind. Was it not the same bad pitch ordinary Benin republic beat them 3-0, and Ivory coast fire them 5 without reply?

silly excuses, Etuhu is worse tham Mikel when it comes to laziness.

We always have excuse angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by wordychap: 11:36am On Mar 01, 2012
wasn't d weather bad too? as if d oda team didn,t play on d same pitch
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by Nemerem44(m): 11:48am On Mar 01, 2012
See them! Super Chickens! u guys have started again with ur flimsy excuses. If una like make una no qualify again. Who send Naija Football kwanu. Super Flops *Sighs*
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by andyanders: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2012
Since the foreign players are complaining of the pitch, never bring them again to play for us. The home eagles are better. Let them play for their money there.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by Baawaa(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
NFF and NFA,were told not to sack Siasia,some were blaming him,that he was the one that caused the country to missed the last nations-cup.Yes,we missed the nations-cup,but Siasia was not the problem,by now suppose Siasia was not sack we shall be talking of better team
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
Etuhu is right you know, if our Super Eagles are as bad as Rwanda they woudl have won the match but rwandans are good at playing on bad pitches grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin No mind the nonsense bergedof !! he and Taye Taiwo who swore to bury rwanda. Keshi and his fat butt!! baddy f0000ls
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by Babamide(m): 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
If it is not bad pitch, it is bad weather or bad referee. When would the eagles stop blaming nature for their incompetence? Bunch of lazy chickens
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by Reference(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2012
angry angry angry Then why didn't he carry his pitch along. Someone was suggesting the weather was too hot and I immediately began thinking branded battery powered hand fans and customized butt ice bags. Bunkum. The snow and ice he was playing in at Craven Cottage falls in his village abi.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by OvieE: 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2012
Here we go again blaming their failure on bad pitch.

What a useless.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by montelik(m): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
D coach bashing and pimping has begun again. "Sack Keshi he is useless", "we should have kept Sia1 he was d special one". When will we realize d decay in d entire sports structure in Nigeria goes further than these frivolitites. Until we address d root problems we continue to paper over d ever widened cracks.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2012
(falls down 4rm a mango tree)
i saw dis lie comin, i swear with my papa life say evn if dos lowlife bastard chickns play either 4air,water or fire,dey go blame am on d water,fire&air too.last yr no b tb joshua osaze blame?.na 2day?, useless chickens of d same feather loose together, mtcheeeewww
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
when they play second leg and draw or lose they will blame the weather, atmosphere or the federal govt.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by beeke(m): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
Mr Joystickson Etuhu when ever you play for SE you make Mikel look like Messi and CR7 join together you are too slow too clueless lacks bites and what have you. but we are use to your childish talk becos last year wen we were preparing to play Madagascans in Antananarivo the headline was bad pitch this cattle rearing pitch that and true to type you guys went and struggled with an U23 escaping with a mere 2:0 win but just yesterday in the same Afcon qualifier match a relatively unknown team called Cape Verde with less than a population of any local government area in Nigeria trashed Madagascar 4:0 in the same pitch without losing a sweat.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by otokx(m): 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
Shame
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by FRANKLINTON(m): 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
Typical. Etuhu is complaining because they couldn't win the match . Didn't our technical committee notice the bad state of the pitch before the match and take appropriate measures to correct it? Arsenal will come to Nigeria after this season for Pre season tour and they've already sent delegates to check the standard of the pitch, hotels etc. This is how things should be done.
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by chiteny(m): 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ah! so them don play the match? undecided
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by truetalk01(m): 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2012
another excuse
Re: Etuhu Blames Bad Pitch For Eagles Draw by mensdept: 5:29am On Mar 03, 2012
montelik:

D coach bashing and pimping has begun again. "Sack Keshi he is useless", "we should have kept Sia1 he was d special one". When will we realize d decay in d entire sports structure in Nigeria goes further than these frivolitites. Until we address d root problems we continue to paper over d ever widened cracks.

You are totally correct.

I supported Sia1 and after seeing that he was going to end the same way descent local coaches (Christian Chukwu and Eguavoen) ended, I knew he was to go.

Now Keshi comes in anyhow and of course, looks like another makeshift timeframe that wont again accomplish what we need.

You notice that everything in this country, that is, all our institutions are resembling the government: Bad leadership, bad programs, and bad followers. Add in the fact that government loves to recycle old leaders that have not done anything, re-rigg themselves into power, and blame anyone and everyone except themselves for the stinch in the country. Yet no outcry.

Keshi blaming players, players blaming the pitch, NFF will of course blame fuel crisis or maybe Ojukwu's burial.  Instead of having a comprehensive friendly match schedule against quality opponents, modernizing and utilizing the local leagues for men and women, building good soccer facilities, bringing in 23 NEW Uncapped Players, they decide to reject calls for Sovereign Nat'l Conference, don't build modern Health Care Centers, reject the monopoly of foreign airlines carrying their own people to and fro their papa land,

woops, NFF and FG are one in the same lol.

(1) (Reply)

Funniest Nigerian Boxer Ever! / Man Banned From Betting Shop For 'winning Too Much' / See Eye Popping Photo Of The 175 Kg 'Iranian Hulk' Who Volunteered To Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.