Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit (6382 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters / Patience Jonathan Builds New Mansion In Okrika (Photos) - Citypeople Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by ak47mann(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Anambra State Government is to embark on construction of a new road at the Harbour Industrial Layout, Onitsha. The new road will link other on-going and completed road projects in the area.

Disclosing this while inspecting the road, Governor Peter Obi said the road will equally provide access to the site of another South-African Multi-national company that is establishing its facility in the area.

He explained that the State Government was leaving no stone unturned in providing the necessary infrastructural development that will facilitate the smooth take off of the new multi-national companies that are presently establishing in the State including the Multi-Million dollar Sabmiller Brewery that will soon come on stream.

The Governor disclosed that when three of the major companies become functional, they will provide over one thousand jobs.

Governor Obi said government was equally upgrading facilities to support existing industries in the area and recalled that before the inception of his government, there was no access road to the industries.

According to the Governor, the roads were being constructed to standard with all the necessary components that will enable them stand the rest of time.

He disclosed that government will introduce an integrated and comprehensive waste management system and measures to ensure regular maintenance of the drains to protect the roads. cool cool
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by chino11(m): 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2012
Good works. Anambra is further strengthening its stand in maintaining its status of economic giant base of SE/SS.
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by ak47mann(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2012
Obi na quiet conqueror cool cool cool cool
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by doctokwus: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
Propaganda frm an incompetent clown occupyin govt office.It seems dats d only tin dese eastern govs are gud at,spewning propaganda of incompetence everyday
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by chino11(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ewu tell me one yooroba governor that is not thieving like there criminal cocain snuffer animal Tinubu, Awoalowoa and Fashola? Its envy of a successful governor that is kiiling you.
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by RoadStar: 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
chino11:

Ewu tell me one yooroba governor that is not thieving like there criminal cocain snuffer animal Tinubu, Awoalowoa and Fashola? Its envy of a successful governor that is kiiling you.
My guy have u been 2 Anambra of late ?
The only development u see is Obi's billboards and u call that quiet.
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by chino11(m): 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2012
^

Yes, I live and work in Anambra, Awka to be precise. Anambra boost of the best road network east of the niger traversing the three senatorial districts and all the communities.

You can travel from Awka to Igbariam to Otuocha to the Refinery site all on nylon tarred roads and bridges. Also you can travel from Awka to Agulu to Ekwulobia to Uga my home town and back to Awka on same nylon tarred. Travel from Onitsha to Oba to Obosi to Ihilla to Ogbaru back to Nnewi to Awka it is all asphalted.

I have not seen any state with such wonderful road networks than Anambra, making it possible for rural areas to develop, you cannot say the same for any other SE state. Am not a fan of Obi but I know that he has created a friendly and suitable environment for foreign and local investors in the state, it is incomparable with any state east of the Niger.

Today foriegn investors are taking over major cities of Onitsha and Awka for their investments; from Sabmiller of SA to LG world of Korea. Obi is touching all the sectors at the same time; education to healthcare to human empowerment. Development is not only tarring a few kilometer of road in urban center and leaving the rest of state to rot away, just like other states are doing deceptively.

Anambra has maintained consistently the topmost position in successful JAMB application in Nigeria, this tells you level of investment in educational sector in Anambra. Anambra has continued to be the least poor state and least indebted state in Nigeria. It is a feat that no Nigeria state has ever achieved and will never achieve.
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:39am On Sep 10, 2012
Don't like starting new threads when older/related threads exist, so i'll use this to post some pics i found on Anambra state: some of Peter Obis' Anambra and some of colonial Anambra as i don't have the strength to post in two threads.

Below, the Haulk suspension bridge, built across the Nkissi Stream by the Colonial Government early in the 20th century, linked the Onitsha Marina Road with more remote portions of the government preserve. Beyond it downstream lie the Marine Offices and the Public Works Department (PWD) headquarters. [Peter Brigham photograph 1963]

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:42am On Sep 10, 2012
Now looking southward toward Onitsha, heavy-laden steam ships dock at the landing of the Niger Transport and Trading Co. Ltd (NTTC, a subsidiary of U.A.C.). The river cliff provides a deep-water channel at this point. In the 1950s and 60s (prior to Kainji Dam) the least depth of the river in the dry-season at this point was 8 feet, so river shipping with drafts of 7'6" could reach Onitsha year-round, and NTTC operated 26 powered units and 66 barges, the largest with a 7'6" draft. The government ran two vehicular ferries, each able to carry 50 passengers, 8 lorries, and four cars.

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:45am On Sep 10, 2012
Below, an architect's vision of Onitsha Main Market, reconfigured as a modern entity in 1952 (roughly in its eventual shape): toward the top, two massive east-west-oriented, E-shaped buildings with three levels of open-air windows below sloped roofs, the whole floored with concrete. Lower down and sloping toward the river, 45 low I-shaped buildings (each divided into two separate sides), low and flat-roofed, arrayed in a series of terraces sloping downward to riverbank stairsteps, all likewise floored with concrete. The whole marketplace would contain more than 3,000 stalls, as well as a slaughterhouse, eating houses, engine rooms, watertank and administrative building (from Nigeria Magazine 1960, No. 65, p. 135.).

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:48am On Sep 10, 2012
Below, the central structures of the Main Market, forming the two massive E-shaped buildings (here photographed in June of 1962 from the top of the market's 100,000-gallon water tower, located on the southern edge of the 15-acre complex). (The hills visible toward the north beyond the market roofs contain at this time mainly portions of the European Quarter.) Note how each of these building structures have three tiers of roofing, each with open-air windows, thus providing strong-flowing cross-ventilation for the interiors but also full protection from the elements of weather

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:50am On Sep 10, 2012
Below, a view from the same elevated location, now looking toward the east-northeast. The visible buildings immediately beyond the E-buildings toward the center of the photograph were a central portion of the town's commercial core, owned mostly by African businessmen, except for the French-owned S.C.O.A. (the yellow building at lower right). (The upper stories of many of these commercial buildings, and the central part of the city blocks they fronted, provided residential quarters for many traders.) Beyond these buildings lay the "New American Quarters", a residential portion of the city, and beyond that a horizontal line of light-colored structures indicates the continuation of the European Quarters, extending toward the horizon, where the Anglican Cathedral (with its asociated Church Missionary Society buildings) is visible as a dark elevated rectangle at middle right.

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 10, 2012
chino11: Ewu tell me one yooroba governor that is not thieving like there criminal cocain snuffer animal Tinubu, Awoalowoa and Fashola? Its envy of a successful governor that is kiiling you.

Exactly how did Yorubas get into this conversation? Must you always display your complex issue?
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:55am On Sep 10, 2012
Below, looking directly downriver, in July 1962 one can see standing in mid-river the first pillars of the prospective Niger Bridge. To their left, jutting out into the river is the beach of Ogbe-Ukwu (Big Village), the former location of prominent settlers (dating from the nineteenth century) coming from downriver (called Ndi-Olu, riverine people from Aboh and also from the Itsekiri area, who were early powers in the twentieth-century Onitsha marketplace). This village still existed in 1960, but by 1962 it had become a casualty of bridge construction. (See Ogbwe-Ukwu for a fuller account.) The substantial buildings behind them mark the location of the UAC's S.V.OC. storage warehouses [for "Semi-volatile Organic Compounds", i.e petrol etc] , and also that of the Odutola Tyre Factory (a company owned by the Ijebu Yoruba Chief T.A. Odutola).

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:58am On Sep 10, 2012
These hawkers range with their carts over much of Onitsha in 1962, and are locally manufactured. Below, my colleague (the late) Ifekandu Umunna (who assisted our survey of Waterside local businesses) examines the wares of one of these hawkers on upper Old Market Road. The vehicle itself is built in Onitsha Town of local materials (except for its imported bicycle wheels).

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 10, 2012
Which one is Ijebu Yoruba? Arent they Ijebu Igbo?
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:01am On Sep 10, 2012
And some more recent pics of the state university and teaching hospital:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:04am On Sep 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Which one is Ijebu Yoruba? Arent they Ijebu Igbo?

^^^I should have pointed out that pics are courtesy and from amightytree.org website, so the wordings aren't mine....just copied and pasted for each pic.
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:05am On Sep 10, 2012
More:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:08am On Sep 10, 2012
The stupi/d download thing is fuc/king up again, so i'll finish up tomorrow.
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:10am On Sep 10, 2012
Trying again:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:11am On Sep 10, 2012
More:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:11am On Sep 10, 2012
These are some roads in Anambra:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:12am On Sep 10, 2012
More:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:14am On Sep 10, 2012
Odor bridge again...another angle:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:15am On Sep 10, 2012
More roads:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by FSU: 3:15am On Sep 10, 2012
Proud Igbo:

This road is one of the most stupidly constructed road I have ever seen. The erosion by the left is starring everyone in the face and they cannot put vertical barriers to prevent cars falling into it? Hm!!!

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:15am On Sep 10, 2012
More:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by FSU: 3:16am On Sep 10, 2012
Alaigbo is so lush. The natural greeness of the environment trips me so bad.
Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:17am On Sep 10, 2012
Otuku bridge:

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:19am On Sep 10, 2012
And finally (for now), my favourite of the bunch....omalicha nwa Anambra (a natural beauty). wink grin grin

Re: Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit by FSU: 3:20am On Sep 10, 2012
doctokwus: Propaganda frm an incompetent clown occupyin govt office.It seems dats d only tin dese eastern govs are gud at,spewning propaganda of incompetence everyday
Who is this efulefu? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Mind-blowing Facts About Adolf Hitler / Was The Vice President So Tiny And Irrelevant For This Public Embarrasment? / Reps Set For Extra Budget To Fund New Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.