Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,803 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

I Pleaded Guity To Save Nigeria From Embarrassment - James Ibori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pleaded Guity To Save Nigeria From Embarrassment - James Ibori (1089 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Pleaded Guity To Save Nigeria From Embarrassment - James Ibori by Demdem(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2012
Embattled former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, who is facing a 10-count charge of stealing, money laundering and corruption at a London court, yesterday, indirectly denied pleading guilty to corruption charges.

Ibori, in a statement signed by his media assistant, Mr Tony Eluemunor, also explained why he pleaded guilty to money laundering charges, saying: “Ibori did not want a long‑drawn trial where Nigeria’s name would be bandied about in a foreign court.”

According to Eluemunor, “the world was made to believe that Ibori’s guilty plea was a sudden turn around and not a well‑deliberated act that was part of a plea bargain deal. But it is on record that several Nigerian newspapers of last Sunday published different versions of that self same story; that Ibori would plead guilty as part of a plea bargain arrangement.

“Of course, that plea bargain deal would only kick in with Ibori’s pleading guilty, which he did on Monday.  After that plea, which had been successfully foretold by Nigerian newspapers, both the prosecution and the defence counsel were to return on April 16 and 17 to make their needed statements.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/03/i-pleaded-guilty-to-save-nigeria-from.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Nigerianeye+%28NigerianEye%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

grin grin grin I refuse to comment on this  grin grin grin

Re: I Pleaded Guity To Save Nigeria From Embarrassment - James Ibori by OAM4J: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2012

(1)

How ACN Aborted Plot To Rig Edo Guber Poll ! / Curfew Relax In Kaduna / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.