Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor (4434 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / Can Nigerian Legion Members Carry Guns? / Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by mukina2: 9:28am On Mar 02, 2012
President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has denied reports published in an online site which quoted him as having asked President Goodluck Jonathan to allow every Nigerian to carry gun.

Pastor Oritsejafor, in a telephone interview, said that the online site named News Naija quoted him wrongly.

The site also wrongly referred to the Nigerian Tribune edition of Monday, February 27 as having reported the claim attributed to the CAN President.

Pastor Oritsejafor said: “What I have always said and will continue to say is that if you are attacked, you should defend yourself. As Christians, we don’t retaliate. But it will be suicidal for you to sit down there and allow somebody to kill you.

Suicide is not allowed in our religion because if you commit suicide, you go to hell. As Christians, you should defend and protect yourselves.

“I don’t understand why some people protest when I say Christians should defend themselves. I wonder if people want me to say, as the leader of all Christians in Nigeria, that if they come to cut off your head, you should surrender. I will never say that because that would be suicidal and it is wrong to commit suicide in Christianity.”

The online site, in a news report entitled: Allow Every Nigerian To Carry Gun, Pastor Oritsejafor Tells Jonathan, indicated that the CAN President told the president to allow all Nigerians to carry guns to protect themselves.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/36957-i-never-said-nigerians-should-be-allowed-to-carry-guns-oritsejafor
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by mikuz(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2012
He is just scrapping the barrel.
Mtchew
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by omo9ja1(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2012
hmmm man of God sha, this guy is talking sense, when aboki you have to defend yourself, we talk about this issue few years ago in sunday school, and we all agree that looking is not the option

well said
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by KMOS: 9:45am On Mar 02, 2012
the man haS REALIZED HIS MISTAKE
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by seenoevil1: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2012
[size=14pt]IF UNA LIKE MAKE UNA DEY FORM PACIFISTS / NON VIOLENT NIGERIANS . FOLD YOUR HANDS THERE AND LET ABOKI MAN / BOKO HARAM COME KILL UNA AND YOUR LOVED ONES AND WHEN YOU GO FOR JUDGEMENT TELL GOD THAT "YOU TOLD US TO TURN OUR LEFT CHEEK IF WE ARE SLAPPED AT THE RIGHT CHEEK " AND THEN THEY WOULD REMIND YOU ABOUT THE CHAPTER THAT ALSO SAYS "ANYONE WHO CANNOT PROVIDE / PROTECT HIS FAMILY IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL" . AS FOR ME OHHH I DO NOT NEED ANYONES APPROVAL TO CARRY A GUN FOR PROTECTION AND SHOULD THE SECURITY SITUATION IN NIGERIA DETERIORATE MORE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW THEN I WOULD GO AND GET MY OWN GUN FOR PROTECTION . MAKE UNA DEY DIA DEY FORM HOLIER THAN THOU .[/size]
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by islamrules(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2012

Yes, and still passing the message of "Defend your self". How do u defend urself?
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by Leemak: 10:13am On Mar 02, 2012
Foolish & war mongering leader, u think carrying guns all along can solve d problems, MUMU MAN!
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by seenoevil1: 10:23am On Mar 02, 2012
[size=18pt]DEFEND YOURSELVES O YE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA FROM THE EVIL NORTHERNERS AND THEIR PLANS TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA[/size]

seenoevil 22: 4
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by blackwall(m): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2012
Pls and pls bross Orisejafor no provoke dis Boko haram ppl again, d last 1 u said abt dem did nt go down well o, we live in d north, allow us first park our ghana must go bags b4 u say make we carry gun. Dis Mallo people plenty and na animals dem b.
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by mikolo80: 10:45am On Mar 02, 2012
no water sink bore hole no food find money no housing from govt build ur own no road create ur own no public school private school no public health private health so no security better get heated up.heard  no more armed robbery in jos cos everybody strapped.a word enough for the wise
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by jidewin(m): 10:47am On Mar 02, 2012
I concur.No dulling at all.Whether pastor said so or NOT.
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by mikolo80: 10:50am On Mar 02, 2012
UNA GO JUS DE SWELL ABOKI HEAD.ANY SMALL THING UNA GO DE FEAR DE RUN GO UNA HOUSE.WHICH KAIN MEN UNA BE SEF,COWARDS LIKE TUTSI WEN HUTU KILL LIKE DUCKFOWL FOR DIA LAND.WILD ONE CAN RUN TO FIGHT ANODA DAY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN D FANATICS COME TO EAST NA DAT TIME UNA GO SEE UNA STUPIDITY FOR NOT TREATIN DIA FUKCUP AT THE BEGINNING
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 02, 2012
if nt for the KNIGHTS of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church that stood up to d muslims, in the 11th century, during the crusades, by nw there would have been no christanity, d same way , if we sit and watch dese bastards, christanity will be wiped out in nigeria
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by DECOtech(m): 11:30am On Mar 02, 2012
jidewin:

I concur.No dulling at all.Whether pastor said so or NOT.
I hear u bro. No long stories.
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by DECOtech(m): 11:39am On Mar 02, 2012
KMOS:

what mistake? , Even if he actually said it or not, nigerians are fund of understanding things in d way they individually choose. "Defend ur self or carry guns" point in the same direction n I'm with the Man of God all d way.
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by LEXYLOV: 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2012
Whatever ! even if you said it. We knew the consequences of what that can brings and we prefer to sort out the issue in another ways. embarassed
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by unphilaz(m): 1:11pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ife
i find dis piece funny

na only for naija film, car dey jam
spirit
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by Moremony: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
[b][/b] DID I HERE SOMEONE SAY "ISLAMITIZING NIGERIA"? THAT CAN NEVER HAPPEN NOT EVEN OVER THEIR DEAD BODIES,
THE PASTOR SAID CHRISTIANS SHOULD DEFEND THEMSELVES AND THE STATEMENT CREATES FEAR AND THREAT AMONG THE FANATICS,
THE BOKO RAMS AND GOATS BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE, PLEASE TELL THEM TO STOP ATTACKING AND RUNNING AWAY INTO HIDING,
BIAFRANS DID NOT STRIKE AND HIDE, THE MILITANTS IN NIGER DELTA DID NOT STRIKE AND HIDE, TELL THOSE COWARDS TO COME DOWN TO THE EAST AND SOUTH SOUTH, THEN THEY'LL KNOW THAT THERE ARE MILITANTS WAITING FOR THEM TO CROSS THEIR BOUNDARY,
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by Fan2: 5:38pm On Mar 02, 2012
Leemak:

Foolish & war mongering leader, u think carrying guns all along can solve d problems, MUMU MAN!
tell us wot to do n how to solve d problems.would u sit with a smile n allow someone to take ur life even if u can defend urself?
Some times u got to protect d sheeps as a shephered from the wolves as david did with goliath true d help of God. Plz act wise if u find urself in any mess.
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by 9javoice1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
Yes, and still passing the message of "Defend your self". How do u defend urself?

islam is not the only people who can kill others.
why is the pastor even trying to give more meaning to that open truth.

dont ever think there are moderate ones, they are all the same
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by otokx(m): 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2012
well said AYO
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by slam7000(m): 8:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
quote from islam doesnt rule,

you,d rather he said christians should not defend themselves, christians should submit their heads on the platter so that islam will be happy and there will be peace, abi,
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by Proxytalk: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
leemak or whatever you call a man of God foolish and mumu. surely you will receive dawnation, you can't escape it except true repentance and confession
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by aurenflani: 7:43am On Mar 03, 2012
@proxi - dead brains like u easily fall victim to these "men of god". becareful and shine ur eyes and always remember that this is d kind of wholesale acceptance of dis thieving hypocrates dat is dividing the ppl of dis country & causing all sorts of d deplorable situations that have found a fertile ground in nigeria. do u know anything about a guy called james "jim" jones of d jonestown, guyana suicide cult fame? like i said becarefui how u thread by using ur conscience while listening to dis big ltime double life "men of god"
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by slam7000(m): 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2012
Im not a fan of Pastor Ayo cos he is CAN president,but i think he should not be castigated for his speech.any responsible leader will say what he said, he christians should defend themselves,he never said christians should offend or retaliate,however mischievous minds want to misinterpret his statement, He simply said They should defend themselves, period.running away from danger is defense as well as fighting a man or thugs who are attacking you.
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by Buc(m): 1:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
Self defence is human right.
Re: I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor by Buc(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
Self defense is a right recognised by God, animals, plants and d constitutions of sane societies and organisations. To discourage people from it is wickedness, rape, violation, madness and insane. A failing Nigeria is a result of cowardice.

(1) (Reply)

Fact-Checking Nairaland Front Page: Separating Fact from Fiction / Some Bayelsa State Governorship Election Result / See How Igbo People Blasted Rochas Today As He Begs Buhari 2 Release Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.