Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Boycotting Nysc Camp In Boko Haram 'states - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Boycotting Nysc Camp In Boko Haram 'states (1036 Views)

Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / Latest :report To Boko Haram States By Force, NYSC Tells Corps Members / Guys Posted To Boko Haram States On Nysc - Please Register Here For Network. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boycotting Nysc Camp In Boko Haram 'states by NOIBMUUL(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
Against the backdrop of an insensitive government and NYSC administrators, is it possible to boycott the NYSC camp in Boko Haram afflicted and red-list states? And if this were possible, what is the repercussion or punishment as it were for boycotting a call to serve your "father land"!

Well, some of us were fortunate to influence our posting to a less volatile state while unfortunately, some of us were not. But personally, I feel if corp members stayed with their respective comfort zones leaving these camps empty, maybe the govt/administrators in their ivory towers can begin to show traces of human feeling. Cause I can't just comprehend how innocent and defenceless corpers should be posted to Borno, Yobe, Gombe and the likes.

I remember during my undergraduate days in one of the oldest and very top Federal University in Nigeria. Then every student in my department boycotted an examination (a final year exam at that) when the lecture for the course didn't even lecture a single class! Initially they threatened extra-year for the whole dept (which was very impossible given the circumstances) but we stood our ground and eventually we won against the lecturer.

Similarly, I think corp members should unite together at this time, have an unwavering voice and fight for their lives. After all, they are the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Boycotting Nysc Camp In Boko Haram 'states by toye4eva01: 6:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
@poster why should u do dat wen there is a legal way of doing it. All u have to do is to go to the headquarters in abuja and lay complaint and they would change it almost instantly. The earlier u go b beta cos the multitude dat will flock their office will amaze u. And they will change it for all. I am waiting for questions thanks
Re: Boycotting Nysc Camp In Boko Haram 'states by NOIBMUUL(m): 10:44am On Mar 03, 2012
I know a few corp members who are still waiting to be redeployed after 5months. These people did it the right way. Oya!?

(1) (Reply)

Suggest A Plan B, If Call-up Number Comes Out So Late.. / Why Are The Government Sufferings Us? / My Nysc Service Experience Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.