Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Estate Resident Portal - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Estate Resident Portal (1350 Views)

USA Bank Account For Non-resident / Web Designer Resident In\around Ota Needed / I Need Web Designers / Programmers Resident In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estate Resident Portal by buddie(m): 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2006
Thinking of the idea of putting up portal for residents of my estate,comprising of about 70 units of houses,the things are:
1. What do i add on the websites
2. How do i advertise the Website itself
3. How do i meet the Indivdiual needs of the residents
4. Is it possible to have a blogg as well where all residents can interact
5. Is it going to be open to all on the Internet or just to residents.

Just need ideas from Nairaland how this thing can be i success .
Bode
Re: Estate Resident Portal by Seun(m): 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2006
Some questions:
- What's your motivation for setting up the portal - finance, status, or desire for a new girlfriend?
- Why should residents of your estate want to interact online when they can readily meet face-to-face?
- Do they all have Internet Access and are many of them young enough to value online communication?
Re: Estate Resident Portal by buddie(m): 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2006
1.Making profit for sure angry,but a grace period could be given to create the much needed awareness.
2.Meeting face-to-face rarely occurs,the only common meeting point is during the monthly resident association meetings and very few residents are represented at the meetings
3. A large percentage of residents have Internet access if not at home or in their offices.
4. Its an estate of very young guys in their early 30-40,who will readily imbibe the internet culture i believe.
5.Then status and what again girlfriend can come in too grin abi we be one happy family now, cool
Re: Estate Resident Portal by Seun(m): 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2006
How do you intend to make a profit from 70 households? Nairaland has up to 650 logged in members a day and the profit doesn't roll in that easily!
Re: Estate Resident Portal by buddie(m): 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2006
the residents are made to pay a token as less than #500 per month and a lot of adverts could be made on the site as well,wasnt trying to compete with nairaland o wink
Re: Estate Resident Portal by Zahymaka(m): 1:04am On Mar 23, 2006
Such an endeavour hardly ever catches atention. Why don't you try your church [or your mosque] instead?
Re: Estate Resident Portal by buddie(m): 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2006
Well i will still go ahead with the idea,already have one for the Church but the design is where i intend terminating the whole thing,the church should be paying for the hosting, more ideas please,
Re: Estate Resident Portal by alexis(m): 12:30am On Mar 25, 2006
Thinking of the idea of putting up portal for residents of my estate,comprising of about 70 units of houses,the things are:

Good for you

1. What do i add on the websites - Do a research at your estate, 70 units aint that big, you will most likely know most the folks staying in those units and what they like and where they work. I am sure you can come up with something good, i.e notice of monthly meetings, latest news, you can use the site as an ad avenue so that residents can pay a small fee to announce their ceremonies etc.

2. How do i advertise the Website itself - Simple, by creating banners, using HTML and other presentable medium through the web.

3. How do i meet the Indivdiual needs of the residents - Depends on what those needs are. The most important thing is for you to decide what you want the site to do from scratch and you can build the foundation on those decisions but make sure you make the site very scalable so that it can adapt to future changes.

4. Is it possible to have a blogg as well where all residents can interact - yes it is

5. Is it going to be open to all on the Internet or just to residents - That is for you to decide but most likely the internet will be much better because you can reach out to a much wider audience.

Just need ideas from Nairaland how this thing can be i success - Hope I have helped out

Alex - www.alexdehaini.com
Re: Estate Resident Portal by buddie(m): 1:06am On Mar 25, 2006
Alexis
your contribution is well appreciated,you have really added to the little i had in mind before now wink
Thanks you are simply the MEN cheesy
Re: Estate Resident Portal by alexis(m): 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2006
you are very welcome
Re: Estate Resident Portal by smartsoft(m): 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2006
alexis:

Good for you

1. What do i add on the websites - Do a research at your estate, 70 units aint that big, you will most likely know most the folks staying in those units and what they like and where they work. I am sure you can come up with something good, i.e notice of monthly meetings, latest news, you can use the site as an ad avenue so that residents can pay a small fee to announce their ceremonies etc.

2. How do i advertise the Website itself - Simple, by creating banners, using HTML and other presentable medium through the web.

3. How do i meet the Indivdiual needs of the residents - Depends on what those needs are. The most important thing is for you to decide what you want the site to do from scratch and you can build the foundation on those decisions but make sure you make the site very scalable so that it can adapt to future changes.

4. Is it possible to have a blogg as well where all residents can interact - yes it is

5. Is it going to be open to all on the Internet or just to residents - That is for you to decide but most likely the internet will be much better because you can reach out to a much wider audience.

Just need ideas from Nairaland how this thing can be i success - Hope I have helped out

Alex - www.alexdehaini.com
Re: Estate Resident Portal by netzymes(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2006
Just ask the residents of the estate what they would like to see on the site.

Good Luck
Tim
Re: Estate Resident Portal by buddie(m): 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2006
Thanks a lot.How best can we do the publicity of the Intranet/portal when completed and what is the mode of payment they all pay in bulk or individual residents pay an annual fees?
Need your suggestions please
Re: Estate Resident Portal by netzymes(m): 9:31pm On Jun 28, 2006
Hi Buddie,

I will probably start by focussing on creating something that the community will value. Once they relate the site as a value service you can then charge for adverts from people in the estate with companies, or people who want to promote a particular service to the estate - diesel suppliers, water suppliers, furniture companies, security companies etc.

If you start by trying to get the residents to pay you might not get off the ground.

They could probably pay a nominal fee for an estate email address.

Hope this helps

Tim
http://www.darwin.com.ng
http://www.ip4properties.com
http://www.ip4hotels.com
http://www.purefoto.com
Re: Estate Resident Portal by Panache(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2006
Announce upcoming events and freebies in the neighborhood on your site and watch the user list sky rocket. We all love freebies!

(1) (Reply)

Can Some Tell Me Where I Can Get Cheap Bulk Text Sender Here In Nigeria / Cgi Scripts / My Web Design Blog - UPDATED**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.