Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! (6625 Views)

Student Wants To Know "Do You Trust E-commerce Websites?" / Almost All University Student Wants To Be An Employee / Study Abroad In Malaysia - No Agents, Deal Directly With The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
I will recommend American university of Nigeria. I am not sure if they offer the programme you want, but its a modern university, with modern facilities. Plus most of the faculty and students are from all over the world, and a vibrant expat community. Its located in Yola, adamawa state. (my home state), peaceful and calm enviroment. Plus adamawa state has managed to stay out of the senseless violence occuring in other parts of the northern Nigeria. You will like it. You can easily take holidays to neighbouring cameroon republic too, as it is only 30 minutes away from Yola. It is fun.

http://www.americanuniversitynigeria.org/
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by agiboma(f): 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
I think all you need is a letter of permission from your UNi in the U.S to study abroad and of course admission for the semester into the UNI in Nigeria, my advice dont come OMG, i cant see what good it will do on your resume. My parents are Carribbean, I grew up in Canada and Im currently living in Nigeria, with my son and his Nigerian father. Visiting this place and staying for a few months is two different ball games, go somewhere else if you seeking the African expereince, like Ghana or even South Africa. Gl either way.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by hamed22: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
Am so surprise to ear this 4rm some body from us, is not 2 funny but our pple here are always plan to study in us because of d facility and many other thins like that. But at list 4 u to think of come dan to dis country 4 u education is also part of education, I will advice u to get in touch wit ur nigeria frends I believe there going to put u true.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by xtayle(m): 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
Go to Covenant University, Ota.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by kunlesky12(m): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
If u wana knw more about Unilag, add me on facebook at kunle_abis@yahoo.com. Am in 300l unilag.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by logica(m): 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
What's wrong with all these people with negative feedback?

In my opinion, since her major is "Dance", I can imagine she will get good experience in the courses that involve cultural dance of which I am sure she will benefit from Obafemi Awolowo University.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by logica(m): 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
Check the "Dramatic Arts" department in Obafemi Awolowo University here:

http://www.oauife.edu.ng/academics/departments/
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by JesusDWay(m): 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
@DaraAlina. Your best bet is Covenant University. Its about the best private University and about the only one i think can provide a good living condition with quality education. I've heard sometime about an exchange programme they had with, i think an American school. You may need to contact them asap, to know when you can be accepted. The public schools, even with the repute they have might be a bit problematic in getting to do an exchange semester with them so, i advise you opt for Covenant University. Wish you well in your endeavour.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by tpia5: 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
weird!!!

anyway, try UI since they seem to have some exchange programs with the US in place already.

some american students have been there for cultural studies.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by Mobinga: 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
You better look for a better country.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by Henry40: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
Mobinga:

You better look for a better country.

Dude, you bad oh!
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by DerMeister: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2012
Best you stay away from Nigeria if you want to study, there are no universities in nigeria, If you really want to do this: AVOID uniport, that's probably the worst school in Africa  tongue
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by veron007: 6:15am On Mar 06, 2012
Mumu , they swear for you? Better come down with a bullet prof and odeshi. I know how many times I had to run because of cult violence in these our god forsaken death traps.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by shilling(f): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2012
Remember Titilayo, the white girl who speaks yoruba fluently? Well, she studied abroad in Nigeria and loved her experience there.

http://northoflagos./

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hTZ_mS7TsI
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by shilling(f): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2012
Don't know why I can't modify my post.

Anyways, I wanted to add that Titi studied at Uni of Ibadan, with another student I believe.
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by moremi2008(m): 9:19am On Mar 06, 2012
tpia@:

weird!!!

anyway, try UI since they seem to have some exchange programs with the US in place already.

some american students have been there for cultural studies.

I was going to suggest UI but then, I don't think it's Performing Arts program is strong at all. It has a very strong African Studies program though.

Overall, this lady needs to just give it up. Nigeria is not a place you go for fun! There are better and more stable countries for cute reconnections with Mother Africa. She's better off going on a safari. grin
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by cfours: 4:41am On Mar 20, 2012
If you check her profile, in the other topic she created, she was asking us to tell us to tell her what kind of women Nigerian men are interested in.
so maybe we can interpret her interest in studying Dance in Nigeria very liberally if we wish wink
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by motoks(m): 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2012
I need clients who wants to go USA to complete there education carer ..Payment after recieving you I-20.Please no fake result is needed be warned .you can contact me through my yahoomail or cellphone number ...(paulmmakor@yahoo.com)or 518-705-2824
Re: U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! by kedge: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
Master of Business Administration (MBA or M.B.A.) is a master's degree in business administration, which attracts people from a wide range of academic disciplines. The core courses in the MBA program are designed to introduce students to the various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations management, etc. Students in MBA programs have the option of taking general business courses throughout the program or can select an area of concentration and focus approximately one-fourth of their studies in this subject.

At Kedge Consulting we help you get MBA admission into schools of your choice.

Some of the schools we represent are HULT INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SCHOOL, EDINBURGH BUSINESS SCHOOL AND MANY MORE.

For more information and free counseling contact KEDGE CONSULTING LIMITED on info@kedgeconsultingltd.com, Julius: 08174610296, Nkechi : 08174610298, Shola:08033608831 visit our website www.kedgeconsultingltd.com.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP: Good And Affordable Montesorri Schools In Surulere / 2,000 Unemployed Youths Sit For Agric-yes Exam In Agege, Lagos / Medical Aspirants For Jamb 2014/2015, Let Us Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.