Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Biafra Minus Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Minus Niger Delta (15309 Views)

Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
Hello everyone, I have a question for fans and supporters of MASSOB and Biafra. Would you still support if you heard you will not have the Niger-Delta region?? After all they are very different from you culturally, and some people there believe if they join, they will become an oppressed minority.
What do you think?? Please reply. Once again, no stupid comments please.

Thank you.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Dede1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2012
Manny_01:

Hello everyone, I have a question for fans and supporters of MASSOB and Biafra. Would you still support if you heard you will not have the Niger-Delta region?? After all they are very different from you culturally, and some people there believe if they join, they will become an oppressed minority.
What do you think?? Please reply. Once again, no silly comments please.

Thank you.

I suggest you get more education on the subject matter than you have depicted with this thread. Let me give a clue and you can run with it. Niger Delta is absolutely nothing consequential in Biafra or Igbo polity. I shall appreciate if you can understand the anticipated disintegration of Nigeria shall be grandfathered by ethnicity, thus, culture and tradition. Niger Delta does not fit into the covered scheme.

I certainly believed there shall be Republic of Igbo land and any other thing shall be based on civil negotiations or marshal means. I guess by now you should have elementary understanding of how your inconsequential Niger Delta has headed through the political window. By the way, Igbo land is part and parcel of the so-called Niger Delta.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
Biafra is an ibo fraud that would have turned the minorities in the defunct eastern region to slaves.If not,why did isaac boro fight against bafra.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
@OP
Your knowledge of the ND is poor. Are Abia and Imo not part of the Niger Delta? Are there no Igbo groups in Delta and Rivers states? If you mean if I'll accept an Igbo only country, then why not. We're not parasites.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
The same fraudulent logic ibos used to claim the major oil producing regions in the old eastern region is what we are seeing when they claim to own Abuja,kano and lagos. . . .hah what is the real population of ibos sef that they own everywhere in Nigeria even when they are the third largest ethnic group ?
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Igwe9(m): 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
Manny_01:

What do you think?? Please reply. Once again, no silly comments please.

Thank you.

~Bluetooth:

The same fraudulent logic ibos used to claim the major oil producing regions in the old eastern region is what we are seeing when they claim to own Abuja,kano and lagos. . . .hah what is the real population of ibos sef that they own everywhere in Nigeria even when they are the third largest ethnic group ?
Hey bluetooth, I didn't know you were a fan and a supporter of Biafra? smiley
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
afam4eva:

@OP
Your knowledge of the ND is poor. Are Abia and Imo not part of the Niger Delta? Are there no Igbo groups in Delta and Rivers states? If you mean if I'll accept an Igbo only country, then why not. We're not parasites.
Should we also then say that Ondo state should be included then? Abegi . . . . grin grin grin grin

[size=15pt]The South-South Niger Delta, also known as the "South South Zone", includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers State.[/size]

I know you understand his question. no need to attack when all you need do is provide a response to the simple question asked.

@moderators, are we still not sure what constitutes tribal/ ethnicity-focused thread and what does not?  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Igwe9(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You understand his question. Howse about provinding an answer rather than trying to pretend attacking the messenger works here.

[size=15pt]The South-South Niger Delta, also known as the "South South Zone", includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers State.[/size]
And you are the spin doctor?
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2012
Igwe.:

Hey bluetooth, I didn't know you were a fan and a supporter of Biafra? smiley

Biafara is a solely ibo agenda and I'm yet to know what yorubas would have benefitted from it if they had supported the secession.Can you please tell me the origin of the word''biafara'' ?
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2012
Biafra minus the SS would be another land locked erosion worn land
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Igwe9(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Biafara is a solely ibo agenda and I'm yet to know what yorubas would have benefitted from it if they had supported the secession.Can you please tell me the origin of the word''biafara'' ?
you know why I thought so? the question was directed to the Biafran supporters and not to any other. . .
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2012
Igwe.:

you know why I thought so? the question was directed to the Biafran supporters and not to any other. . .
when did NL becomes an ibo forum ?
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Dede1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2012
Anybody who has a third grade geography lessons should know the so-called south-south Niger Delta crap is not only a display of acute ignorance but mockery of cardinal directions. It is only in the knowledgeable level of Nigerians that Edo, Ondo and even Cross River States are more southerly than Abia or Imo State.

I repeat Niger Delta crap has inconsequential place in what will follow the disintegration of Nigeria. Republic of Igbo land will be a certainty baring none.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2012
Dede1:

Anybody who has a third grade geography lessons should know the so-called south-south Niger Delta crap is not only a display of acute ignorance but mockery of cardinal directions. It is only in the knowledgeable level of Nigerians that Edo, Ondo and even Cross River States are more southerly than Abia or Imo State.

I repeat Niger Delta crap has inconsequential place in what will follow the disintegration of Nigeria. Republic of Igbo land will be a certainty baring none.     

If Ibos invented biafra and ijaws invented niger delta,can ibos be ijaws ? Deal with this simple logic old man.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Should we also then say that Ondo state should be included then? Abegi . . . .  grin grin grin grin

I know you understand his question. no need to attack when all you need do is provide a response to the simple question asked.

@moderators, are we still not sure what constitutes tribal/ ethnicity-focused thread and what does not?  undecided undecided undecided

I don't get what you are saying,it seems like you don't know the difference between states(an artificial creation) and ethnicity.

@op. Niger delta as you have it today is not the same as Adaka boro's Niger delta. You have a lot of igbo groups in today's south south,Ndoki in Akwa ibom and rivers,egbema,ogba,asa,etche and ndoni in rivers, anioma in edo and delta,when we have an igbo country,these igbo groups in addition to those in benue state,will join their kin and kiths in the south east.

Bottom line,igboland did not start and end in south east

1 Like

Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by BlackPikiN(m): 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Biafra minus the SS would be another land locked erosion worn land

You feel so insecure and lack basic common sense!

You come across to me as an slowpoke and have proven to be cleverly daft and an absolute resounding f00l!

So the shoreline of Lagos-Ogun-Ondo na wonderland.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Dede1(m): 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If Ibos invented biafra and ijaws invented niger delta,can ibos be ijaws ? Deal with this simple logic old man.

The post above is one of the reasons I picked bones with Awolowo in his introduction of UPE in western region of Nigeria. Not everybody is destined to spend a day within four walls of school. I am certain blacktooth is destined to push wheelbarrow in Alaba Market unfortunately he or she pushes pen and keyboards. 

Ijo did not invent Niger Delta as Igbo did not invent Biafra, olodo. You will never see old age.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by M17: 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
YEP YEP YEP IT IS GOING TO BE JUST LIKE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO REPUBLIC , BIAFRADELTA REPUBLIC .
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
@dede1 The reason I asked this question is because the original Republic of Biafra included the whole Niger-Delta region - Ondo. If you knew that, you wouldn't be talking shit.

@afam4eva You know when I say Niger-Delta I mean the Western and Northern Niger-Delta regions which includes: Delta, Edo, Bayelsa and rivers which is home to ethnic minorities like :Urhobo, Isekiri, Ogoni, Ijaw etc who are culturally diffrent from the Ibo tribe.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2012
@dede1 Also, although some Ibo people live in the states I mentioned above, it don't mean they own the land or are original citizens. Say the above is false would be like saying Lagos is apart of Biafra because there are many ibo's there.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2012
*a part*
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Afam4eva(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
Always learn to use the right words. Why should I know what you meant by Niger delta? I'm I a spirit that reads minds? Learn to use south-south when it's needed. Btw, even the SS is made up of lartge Igboi groups like the Ndoki, Ikwerre, Ndoni, Ekpeye etc. No mattter how hard anybody tries, they can't seperate Igbos from the south-south. Except they result to divide and conquer like they did in the past.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
@afam4eva That is very true, but the point I'm trying to bring up is that the Biafra's say they want to" rescue Igbo people, land and culture from the merciless and brutal stranglehold of Nigeria" (http://www./) but the way they are operating, it seems they also want to exploit the minority tribes as well.

Since when did Ijaw or Urhobo people become Ibo??

When did Delta or Edo state become Ibo land?? Especially Edo state that has a long history with the Yoruba tribe. These are just some of the things I want everyone to talk about, I'm all for the Independence of Biafra but not when it gotten through cunning means,
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
Also if I'm to go with the policy on their website (http://www./), Awka Ibom and Calabar should not be part of biafra.

After we take all the lands which don't belong to the Igbo tribe, what will they have then??
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Ngodigha1(m): 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
This is the most idiotic thread I have read this month. What a useless thread.
Does the thread starter want to tell me that am not Niger deltan because am Igbo.
I don't know why some people go about starting brainless threads this days.
This silly thread requires no attention.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Ngodigha1(m): 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
This is the most idiotic thread I have read this month. What a useless thread.
Does the thread starter want to tell me that am not Niger deltan because am Igbo.
I don't know why some people go about starting brainless threads this days.
This silly thread requires no attention.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2012
@Ngodigha1 No you fool, you are Niger- Deltan, but the Igbo tribe can't claim some states as theirs because it was not originally thier land,

because you are very slow in understanding, think of it like this: In the United Arab Emirates only 20% of the people living there are citizens, all the rest are foreigners. Even though the number of foreigners is greater than the number of citizens, can the foreigners decide to take land there and form a separate country??
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2012
pazienza:

I don't get what you are saying,it seems like you don't know the difference between states(an artificial creation) and ethnicity.

@op. Niger delta as you have it today is not the same as Adaka boro's Niger delta. You have a lot of igbo groups in today's south south,Ndoki in Akwa ibom and rivers,egbema,ogba,asa,etche and ndoni in rivers, anioma in edo and delta,when we have an igbo country,these igbo groups in addition to those in benue state,will join their kin and kiths in the south east.

Bottom line,igboland did not start and end in south east

What the heck does any of the above mean?

A simple question was posed you. I provided you with further explanation to help enlighten those who are still at loss as to what exactly is being asked. Answer the darn question and quit rambling!

@Poster, please go ahead and change the Topic to indicate you are speaking specifically of the SS or this silly back and forth will continue for another 2 or 3 pages with no meaning response following . . .

@Moderators, why are you folks not doing anything about these threads>>
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
Manny_01:

@afam4eva That is very true, but the point I'm trying to bring up is that the Biafra's say they want to" rescue Igbo people, land and culture from the merciless and brutal stranglehold of Nigeria" (http://www./) but the way they are operating, it seems they also want to exploit the minority tribes as well.

Since when did Ijaw or Urhobo people become Ibo??

When did Delta or Edo state become Ibo land?? Especially Edo state that has a long history with the Yoruba tribe. These are just some of the things I want everyone to talk about,  I'm all for the Independence of Biafra  but not when it gotten through cunning means,

^^^I see your tricks: reading from the same script as some of your forebears and their allies that tricked the non-Igbo Nationalities in the Niger Delta into believing that the Igbos that have lived peacefully with them for centuries was now the big bad Ogre, out to dominate them and steal their Oyel. Unfortunately guys like Adaka Boro believed them, and the rest -as they say- is history.

You need to do a bit of research b/4 coming online to say there aren't any Igbos in Delta and Rivers States (i'm Igbo, and i'm from Rivers).

If given the option of breaking away to form our own country (regardless of sea access or not, which is still open to debate), i personally would opt for an independent sovereign Alaigbo, or us being in a confederation with our Efik, Ibibio and Annang neighbours who we've got on well with for centuries. Our Ijaw neighbours can join the party if they so wish, or form their own country, it's up to them.

You think if Igbos are allowed a referendum on staying or leaving this fake union, that the Yorubas, Ijaws, Beroms, Efik/Ibibio/Annang (etc) will siddon dey look without asking for their own referendum as well?

Igboland (whether standing alone or in a confederation as stated above) will be great, as we can now return to the values of old that saw us become one of the leading lights in Africa, before the 'Nigerian Factor' (with all the negativity it brings) came up after the civil war and made us derail a bit.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Ngodigha1(m): 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2012
Manny_01:

@Ngodigha1 No you fool, you are Niger- Deltan, but the Igbo tribe can't claim some states as theirs because it was not originally thier land,

because you are very slow in understanding, think of it like this: In the United Arab Emirates only 20% of the people living there are citizens, all the rest are foreigners. Even though the number of foreigners is greater than the number of citizens, can the foreigners decide to take land there and form a separate country??
This is the most moronic post here so far. Am sure you like jokes. So you want to tell me that an Igbo like me from Anioma is not Niger deltan, yet some one from Agenebode in Edo state very close to the north is Niger deltan. Is it not imbecilic to see a man from Agenebode Afuze, Ogoja , Obudu etc as Niger Deltans yet you feel that Ndigbo less than 250 kilometres to the Bight of Biafra are not Niger deltans.
Where has all the best Nairaland brains gone this days?.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by Manny01: 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2012
@PROUD-IGBO Go read my posts again, I never said there were no Ibo's in Delta or Edo, EVERYONE knows there's is no region in Southern Nigeria where you wouldn't see ibos ( including random places like Ibadan ), rather what I implied was that Biafra wants to claim parts of the western and southern Niger Delta as their own which doesn't belong to them.
Re: Biafra Minus Niger Delta by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2012
I reckon what's happening is that the recent mutual solidarity and love shown by all the nations that made up the old Eastern Region (in the wake of Ikembas' passing) has rattled the chronic Igbo haters and Nigeria-must-be-one-at-all-costs apostles (mainly from you know where), to the extent that they're having sleepless nights agonizing over the fact that the seeds of discord their forbears planted in the minds of some of the minorities in the old Eastern Region is beginning to wear off; hence the need for daft topics like this to try and rekindle the dying embers of mistrust and suspicion that has enabled them -for the past 40+ years- to get their grubby hands on Oyel and Oyel-Blocks from the Niger Delta without even breaking a sweat. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Presidency May Take Over NDDC From Niger Delta Ministry / South East Governors Meeting In Enugu Government House Enters Second Day / INEC Card Reader Fails To Clear Soludo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.