Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Scrabbling Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Scrabbling Application (1522 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrabbling Application by Flashaldrin(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2012
I've been wondering if there is any application that can be used to scrabble words, i've been searching and thus far, i havent seen. Please can anyone help??
Re: Scrabbling Application by delomos(m): 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2012
It's hard to have an application that does that in isolation, in what context are you trying to use this?
Re: Scrabbling Application by Flashaldrin(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
as in, a word suggester for mostly the scrabble game, and other word games
Re: Scrabbling Application by delomos(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2012
Flashaldrin:

as in, a word suggester for mostly the scrabble game, and other word games
This is a programming section so I'm assuming you are ready to write one: it's a perfect problem to attack with the right data-structure (in this case from the top of my head: I'm thinking a stack, then a search/randoming off the stack).

That said, this paper has much more details to solving your specific problem: http://www.gtoal.com/wordgames/jacobson+appel/aj.pdf
Re: Scrabbling Application by Flashaldrin(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
noo, i just want an already made application embarassed embarassed
Re: Scrabbling Application by Flashaldrin(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2012
so far all i've been seeing are online word generators. i need a handy pc/mobile application.
Re: Scrabbling Application by lordZOUGA(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
do you mean an application that permutates characters?
Re: Scrabbling Application by NumberOne2(m): 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
If you need an app for this, I can do that for you but at a price. Check my profile at www.greenspek.com . If you like it, holla @ the webmaster. Else, I suggest you get a good old Scrabble dictionary.
Re: Scrabbling Application by kristy77(m): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
Excellent post, I will be checking back regularly to look for updates
Re: Scrabbling Application by Flashaldrin(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2012
lordZOUGA: do you mean an application that permutates characters?
exactly. . . . to form words
Re: Scrabbling Application by kelz88(f): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
*follows thread* Need something to help me cheat too cheesy.
Re: Scrabbling Application by Fayimora(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2012
@OP Write a proper spec. Shuffling words is one thing. Shuffling words according to some defined ordering is another. I have a variety of mini-apps that do some of these but they are just in Java, Ruby and Objective-C. State what exactly you want without using fake examples.

For instance, I want to be able to input a sequence of characters(basically a word) and press generate. The application should then generate a list of anagrams from the input!

@delomos Stack?? How? lol this is mostly a balanced binary tree problem/thing.
Re: Scrabbling Application by Flashaldrin(m): 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
kelz88: *follows thread* Need something to help me cheat too cheesy.
lol, my mind exactly!
Re: Scrabbling Application by Flashaldrin(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2012
I dont understand all this programming languages o.
I just need where i can download an already made application that scrabbles/permutates letters into corrects word present in the scrabble dictionary. Simples.
May be i should of posted this in the computer section. undecided
Re: Scrabbling Application by Fayimora(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2012
Maybe you should have! If you want something done, you have to provide a spec! what do you mean by "application that scrabbles/permutates letters into corrects word present in the scrabble dictionary" sad . Do you want an anagram checker? Are you actually playing scrabble or just using scrabble as an example? Where is the 'scrabble dictionary'? What kind of computer are you using? If mobile what mobile? You don't expect people to answer these questions for you do you?

Please provide answers to the questions above and more info if possible else ......

(1) (Reply)

Rock Paper And Scissors Game In - Javascript / Pls Whats The Best Computer Professional Course To Do . ORACLE OR CISCO. / What I Created With Php And Mysql

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.