Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. (2022 Views)

Legacy Of The Foefire / Nairaland Official PSP Apps,games,tutorials & H@cks(striclty For PSP Fans Only) / Report: Soul Reaver Reboot In The Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. by opskie: 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
Closed
Re: Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. by ritchboy(m): 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2012
Soul Reaver was great, after that each title became progressively worse sad

Sorry this is one series not worth reviving! If there's one franchise I could revive right now it would be Dreamcast classics like Power Stone or Shenmue!
Re: Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. by opskie: 8:44am On Mar 05, 2012
Closed
Re: Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. by opskie: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2012
Closed
Re: Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. by ritchboy(m): 7:43am On Mar 07, 2012
opskie:

Hmm, I totally disagree with that bro. "Became progressively worse"? R u kiddin me? First off, Legacy of Kain games had a totally non-linear storyline compared to how the titles were released, cos there was a lot of time travel in the game and not much of background history is revealed directly in the game, you just have to tie it all up by yourself by listening to the dialogues, watching the fmvs & u even go online to read extensively about the history of nosgoth and more about the characters at LOK Underground then u get to understand it more &thats what makes it more interesting.
You can't actually just play soul reaver 1 then jump back to blood omen 2 and expect to fully figure out what exactly is hapning in the game, because the Lok:Blood omen franchise runs parallel to Lok:Soul Reaver franchise whilst Kain is the main protagonist in the former and Raziel the main prot in the latter, while LoK:Defiance brought the two protagonists together and gave more insight into the plot.
All the LoK titles occurred in different timelines but the beauty of the game is they are all totally intertwined and thts what makes it a very good game, , not just a game u pick up a laser gun and blast your way thru invasive aliens for about 8hrs and credits start to scroll.
So far so good there's a working title for a new LOK game for next gen btw,  But who knows, if it'll ever get to see the light of the day cos as of the moment I think there's still a rift between the devs over proprietary ownership of the franchise etc so our fingers still x-ed! cool

I(and critics/everyone one i know who played the games) also disagree. . . There is a clear drop in awesomeness from Blood Omen and Soul Reaver(two of my favourite games on the Playstation) to Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 2(probably not among my top 50 on the PS2!). I never played Defiance.

opskie:

No doubt, shenmue and powerstone wars were great DC classics, powerstone was even my most favorite beat-em up game on the DC, these titles are like exclusives though shenmue sequel got ported over to ps2 and xbox, so there might be a possiblity of a HD remake of powerstone for 7th gen,
Shenmue has a higher probability of being remade for nextgen though cos it had more sales and had great reviews compared to powerstone & Sega would want to consider how much powerstone made on DC and how much it might likely make if ported to nextgen and that is if we don't alredy have enough cutting edge beat em ups on nextgen, so its gonna be one tough competition for sega, Sf x Tekken is around the corner as we speak,

MvC, BB, SF, TK, MK. . . I'm tired of all these 2.5D fighters. Powerstone 3 would be a breath of fresh air!
Re: Legacy Of Kain Fans Only: We Need A Nextgen Reboot, Its About Time. by Grizz: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2012
Oh God. I'd started thinking i was the only one that played shenmue. God i want a part 3 so bad. I'd buy whatever console they made it on, even a nintendo. A Soul reaver reboot would be nice though, i liked the whole kain and raziel dynamic.

(1) (Reply)

Burpline: A Free Mobile Gaming App That Rewards Users With Money. / Guys Plz I Seriously Need Your Help!!! / Far Cry 5 (and Why I Still Hate Fps)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.