Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. (10973 Views)

Photo: Prospective Copers Will Say Amen To This / NYSC Orientation Camps - Location And Addresses / Passing-out Parade Of 2012 Batch-A Corpers (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by legendprac(m): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by legendprac(m): 10:21am On Mar 06, 2012
Pls, i have a frnd posted to cross river, she's already in d bus on her way. But, doesn't really know where to stop and all dat. She's going from owerri. Direction would be highly appreciated.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by yusuf01(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2012
@ Basics007, I've sent the mail as requested

For prospective corp members (irrespective of the state posted to) the basic rules are

1) Be care of making friends on alighting from the bus, most are indegenes trying to take their 'share' off you. Only talk to your colleagues (you may be lucky to find some in the same bus as yourself) and probably someone you trust by mere looking

2) Upon getting to the camp, it is best for you to locate organisations - mostly religious bodies. They will be there now to receive you guys. They are trust worthy and you can keep your stuffs with them. If you are a muslim, go to the mosque to keep your things, ditto a christian. Your stuffs are safe there

3) The first few hours in the camp can be very tough, brace yourself; if you haven't eaten in a long while, go to mami market and find yourself something. If you are so stressed as a result of the journey, relax somewhere - either in mami or the mosque or church. Don't be carried away by people moving running here and there to get registered - all of you guys will, just relax and don't complicate things for yourself

4) Once you know you have the strength to stand for hours on the queue (all camp activities are mostly done queuing), you can the proceed to register - this takes hours, you have to have enough strength to cope. You will be asked to provide lots of your school stuffs (which I believed you have been informed in school). Provide everything and you will be issued a clearance. That qualifies you to seek a bed space, get your uniforms and other things you need on camp.

5) After you have collected your clearance and kits, you are now a bonafide otondo. Start getting used to waking up at 4:30 am and sleeping at 9:00 pm.

Camp life can be stressful but it's interesting.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Tdro(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2012
My fellow Otondo, If u a posted to Anambra state, enter Onitsha bus from any part of the country. Anambra camp is about 30mins drive from Onitsha. Am also in camp now.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by daik(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2012
those posted to Jos.
u can locate the camp right away when u are entering the town from the southern part of the country axis.
stop at Bukuru. make sure u dont enter at night. preferably travel by night bus.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by lucom: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
GboyegaD:

For those posted to Bayelsa, the camp is in the secondary school at Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area. If you are coming from the West, just take a bus going to Yenegoa and drop by Kiama bridge and take a bike. Please this is rainy season so kindly go with your rainboot else, you would be forced to buy it at a much more higher price than you should. Bayelsa is a very interesting place to serve and I cannot but keep thanking God for the opportunity to serve my father's land therein.

I can never forget Bayelsa, reading this brought memories of the Kaima camp. Best of luck to all corp. members posted to Bayelsa, go and catch fun albeit responsibly.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Joyfulnez: 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2012
I believe the earth is of the lord and the fulness thereof, including the northern states of Nigeria. I also believe dat life is wat u make out of it.

That people are having terrible experiences in northern nigeria does not mean u wil experience d same. I am a corp member currently serving in sokoto state, and i am telling u i'm not regretting any minuite of my stay here.
yes d story is dat the north is unstable but its not all parts. U find out dat a greater number of d people dat carry these rumours about the north have not been to any northern state b4. All i'm trying to say is dat i'm encouraging u to come 2 sokoto.
the weather may be harsh but u'l survive it if im surviving, cos im 4rm d coolest part of nigeria, down south.
Its an experience u'l like
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Tgirlie(f): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
Slyblings:

For those of u posted to Gombe state,from whreever state you are been posted from,Gombe is almost like a two day journey,so i advice u embark on ur trip early, when u arrive gombe,u will b droped at bauchi park in Gombe main town,or Gombe line(terminus).u dont ve to worry about how u gonna get to d orientation camp bcoz,some christain fellowship organization members will b there to welcome and help you board a vehicle, I am currently serving in Gombe(Billiri LGA).So i advice while in camp u call me on my mobile;08189864583 07030581139 so dat u can b b posted to my local govt,cox its d only LGA where flexin dudes and damcels are allowed to have fun and take alcohol,cox its 80 percent christains, dont heed to my advice pals,gudluck and safe trip, c y'all. Yea, Billiri rocks. I was opportuned to served there. Stayed in Makama lodge. Ppa (Tongu Int'l School). How is Luka Kwadabe (R.I)
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by 4dgood: 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
pls how about kebbi?can i get to camp by thursday 8th?
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Basics007: 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
yusuf01:

@ Basics007, I've sent the mail as requested
Thanks. You've 2mails from me
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by omoijoba(m): 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
Anyone in Katsina wanna hook up with his/her fellow NL should holla me on 08188195573 cos i dey camp for Katsina dey serve my fatherland,
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by obiuchesil: 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
Pls ooo, I am posted to Ekiti state and I am from Imo state, how do I get to the camp. Urgent help needed. Thanks.
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Dubstic: 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
if u ar a batch a corper and u want to redeploy to your choice state while in camp contact me now on 07030243752
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by 4dgood: 3:05am On Mar 08, 2012
@joyfulnez, i'm going to kebbi, pls can u be of help?@immortal,can u help?
Re: Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. by kswaggs(m): 3:38am On Jul 01, 2012
Helo, pls I need some description †̥ locating my NYSC camp in Jos,Plateau state and if there anybody going †̥ Jos camp from Lagos tonight please reply my message so we can go together. Thnks

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! / Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo / How Corpers and Ex-Copers Can Get 3-10million Loan Grant-sterling Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.