Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army (16937 Views)

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister / The Biafran Army In Action (pics) / Biafran Army Training Inside The Bush: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by nduchucks: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
Eziachi:

Your comment makes you sound younger than a 13 YEAR OLD grin grin  grin.
So you have no idea then what the word: teenager means? I was only 4 years younger than her and still enroll and saw combat, So what is cookig for a 13 year old well grounded girl from a good family?
You can see how difficult times can make the future of children, as her experience must have help to becoe what she became and her father just my own father taking the lead and not hidding on the roof top

You saw combat at 10 years old?  shocked

I don't think so buddy. You may have been used as a scout, not so sure you fired the type of machine guns used back then in a substantial manner. I thought you were an old coot who actually saw real combat.

Chei, the standard for being a war veteran has been significantly weakened by these people.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Eziachi: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
GenBuhari:

I think this is a lie!!

I was a Biafran child during the Biafran War and only men and teenage boys were forced to join the army, I never saw a woman talk less of a teenage girl in the army or being forced to join.

I am sure that those members that were in the Biafran army would confirm that they were no teenage girl cooks in the Biafran Army.
Really? You're a child in Nigeria or inside Biafra? By the way joining was by conscription, not by force.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
Eziachi,
Did you personally witness any young teenage girls serving in the Biafran forces?

I never ever saw any women talk less of girls
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Eziachi: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You saw combat at 10 years old?  shocked

I don't think so buddy. You may have been used as a scout, not so sure you fired the type of machine guns used back then in a substantial manner. I thought you were an old coot who actually saw real combat. 

Chei, the standard for being a war veteran has been significantly weakened by these people.
Sorry buddy, I was meant to say she was 4 years younger than me.
apologies!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by nduchucks: 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2012
Eziachi:

Sorry buddy, I was meant to say she was 4 years younger than me.
apologies!

I knew you are an old coot, a real veteran. Dalu o smiley
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
May be by forced conscription, I remembered my male teenage cousins being forced to join ooh!    

It may have been different if women wanted to join.
Eziachi:

Really? You're a child in Nigeria or inside Biafra? By the way joining was by conscription, not by force.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by LEXYLOV: 7:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
But she didn't mention the raping that went on and on in Biafra war front or she was ashamed of how many biafra soldier tasted the second food  undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by slaxzy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
Nigerians have a way of eulogizing their dead, when he was sick while didn't the so called Nigerian give him the best medical treatment! Only to start wasting our money on one burial that you can't even justify if his going to hell or heaven!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by opokonwa(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
Nchara:

If you were not an illiterate, you would have seen this in quote

grin Nchara, take it easy with Okija-juju grin

Did you have to give him such a slam-dunk for making such stupid statements grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by bakila: 7:13pm On Mar 05, 2012
No wonder, this woman is so wicked. Our economy will be in shambles in the hands of a child soldier. Damn that is why boko haram has not been checked cos seperatist are in charge of the economy.
Hmm cook for soldiers when their motto is wine war and woman. God help nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Eziachi: 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
GenBuhar9i:

Eziachi,
Did you personally witness any young teenage girls serving in the Biafran forces?

I never ever saw any women talk less of girls
Yes in my unit based in Ogoja, there were at least ten girls serving as combat soldiers, who I believed are Efiks,  but I can't say they are teens, but probably in their early 20s.
Our food, when we do have them, were delivered by the army Trucks, often driven by a particular fat lady in full Biafran uniform  and we nicknamed her madam R&B (RICE/BEANS)grin grin grin as that is the only thing on the menu all the time and occassional GARRI GABON porridge.  Accompanying her are soldiers and girls in the same age bracket described by Dr Iwuala.
What she said wasn't uncommon at all at the time. My sister/cousins cooked too, but not for the soldiers but for CARITAS feeding the displaced at Arondizuogu camp.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
WHich kain food did you server these soldiers
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Eziachi: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2012
GenBuhari:

May be by forced conscription, I remembered my male teenage cousins being forced to join ooh!    

It may have been different if women wanted to join.
You are spot on, it was definitely different for women. In the begining it was by choice but at the thick of things it wasn't completely, so you're also right about cases of forced consriptions and then again, it depends on the conscriptor in each  PARTICULAR case, just like most things in life.
For example, my mother has 6 brothers and the first 5 boys were all conscripted, so when they came for the last boy who was just two years older than me and the conscriptor was told about his 5 older brothers, they left him alone and signed a paper against any future conscriptions attempt.  
And of the five BOYS,  only two came back alive.
But one thing for sure was that at a particular period it was safer being a soldier inside Biafra actually, than being a civilian.  
Because Nigerian Eqyptian MERCENARY pilots where shelling just civilian targets like schools, hospital or markets and that is how 13 members of my immediate family died in one single attack.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Eziachi: 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
dayokanu:

WHich kain food did you server these soldiers
You can't stop your imagination running riot. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by ak47mann(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
You know other groups in nigeria especially the ones that fought biafran battalion soldiers never believe we are actually a different country from them lot we had our judiciary ,police army, schools, banks,biafran self made bombs and rockets&guns .They thought that everybody is dying from hunger and bullets from Nigerian army which is a big lie cool cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2012
None of my business
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2012
None of my business
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
I have always suspected this woman to have been a cook.
she don dey chop all the food for store finish.
no be today she begin dey steal resources wey belong to so many people. una no see her balloon face? She shot herself in the foot by publicly announcing her role in that war.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by beeke(m): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
slaxzy:

Nigerians have a way of eulogizing their dead, when he was sick while didn't the so called Nigerian give him the best medical treatment! Only to start wasting our money on one burial that you can't even justify if his going to hell or heaven!
If your daddy die tomorrow (if he is still alive) make sure you find out his destination whether he is off to hell or heaven before you plan what you gonna do on his burial ceremony eeediot
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Ogbodavies(m): 8:20pm On Mar 05, 2012
it confirms d fact dat women education begins and ends in d kitchengrin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by kizito96(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
Good humble beginning
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by ichidodo: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

It's a normal thing to see a young bifran soldier that would appreciate Ngozi wahala and there is also a possiblility that the soldier shagged her.I'm not talking from any experience,that is what really happened.Who knows maybe it was oju-iku she was servicing sef.
let us cut tru d crap, alrite? Here goes, Idiot. H.i.d owolowo is a bleepin harlot. I had a party wit ure moda ( i am a modafuka). Bola ige's wife had a heart attack while she gave mi a Mouth Gig,she late now. Rite now i am anal bleepin ure moda. Cum have a look-see.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by ichidodo: 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2012
talknafree:

I have always suspected this woman to have been a cook.
she don dey chop all the food for store finish.
no be today she begin dey steal resources wey belong to so many people. una no see her balloon face? She shot herself in the foot by publicly announcing her role in that war.

e dey pain u??! Oya come hug transformer.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Onyocha: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
[b]if there is truly law above everyone, Jonathan ought to sack this woman tomorrow.

how can a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria be an advocate of biafra or appraising herself for it and still hold her job? this is confusion!

as far as i am concerned,ojukwu and the proponents of biafra are evil-mongers and greedy people.the igbo states are too small and unproductive for them to form a landlocked country.obviously,that wasn't the aim of creating biafra.it wasnt to give igbos a country.rather it was to take over the niger-delta and control it as "big brothers".it is all about the oil.

when i actually listen to people like dokubo asari,a muslim from the niger-delta,supporting his "igbo brothers",i find that ridiculous and mischievous.dividing nigeria would only lead to igbo domination of the oil-rich niger-delta and eventual war against the igbos by the niger-deltans.then ofcourse its a pandora box.

i hope all this civilian nonsense and silly statements would not lead this country's democracy to a failure which would see the army take over under the excuse of protecting the country's unity and sovereignty.[/b]
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by odumchi: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
Coming from a Deltan Igbo. cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by ak47mann(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
already 'educational disadvantaged' state, to the dark ages.

Over 8 schools has been razed by this group and one person lost his last in attack. with about 92% of student from Borno state failing their WAEC examination in 2011, what will be the situation in this current situation.

We are appealing to youths in the North East to wake up and expose those supporting these crazy group, as if things continue the way they are, North East will not be able to produce anyone in the Police, army or the civil service in the next 15 years.

This date may interest you and it they reason we are worried about the situation in the North East.
Admissions to Nigerian Universities by zone of origin, 2000/2001. Source. Jambng.com.
Zone----------Number of admitted candidates----% of admissions
North-West ------------2,341----------------------- 4.7%--------
North-East ------------1,979------------------------ 3.9%--------
North-Central ----------5,597------------------------11.1%-------
South-West ------------8,763----------------------- 17.4%-------
South-East-------------19,820-----------------------39.4%---------
South-South-----------11,734------------------------23.3%---------

Naija Can Do Better!BUT WE DONT NO WHICH DIRECTION TO GO AGAIN WITH THESE KIND OF TERRORISM

Report any suspicious persons and object to the law enforcement agencies, as that will save lives.

http://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Onlytruth(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^

cool cool cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Onlytruth(m): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
Onyocha:

[b]if there is truly law above everyone, Jonathan ought to sack this woman tomorrow.

how can a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria be an advocate of biafra or appraising herself for it and still hold her job? this is confusion!

as far as i am concerned,ojukwu and the proponents of biafra are evil-mongers and greedy people.the igbo states are too small and unproductive for them to form a landlocked country.obviously,that wasn't the aim of creating biafra.it wasnt to give igbos a country.rather it was to take over the niger-delta and control it as "big brothers".it is all about the oil.

when i actually listen to people like dokubo asari,a muslim from the niger-delta,supporting his "igbo brothers",i find that ridiculous and mischievous.dividing nigeria would only lead to igbo domination of the oil-rich niger-delta and eventual war against the igbos by the niger-deltans.then ofcourse its a pandora box.

i hope all this civilian nonsense and silly statements would not lead this country's democracy to a failure which would see the army take over under the excuse of protecting the country's unity and sovereignty.[/b]

Listen here you satanic goat; your fear is more likely in Nigeria than in Biafra.
I tell you for sure that soon you will be begging Ndigbo to leave Nigeria.
We are already taking over everything and we will not stop until you beg us to leave Nigeria.
If you doubt me, take a look at how our late leader was buried better than a sitting president who died in office.

WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE! cool cool cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Onlytruth(m): 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
Biafra is the only thing that will even slow down Igbo rampage in West Africa because we will have to carry people along. If it turns out to be Igbo only country, then give us just 10 years. cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by ak47mann(m): 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
Onlytruth:

Biafra is the only thing that will even slow down Igbo rampage in West Africa because we will have to carry people along. If it turns out to be Igbo only country, then give us just 10 years. cool
True talk
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by Obijulius: 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2012
To d discernin, BIAFRA is takin shape d lines r being drawn. we are happy.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Was A Cook In The Biafran Army by muyoto: 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
@OP, interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Debate Live On AIT / N50m Disbursed To 24 Youths In Anambra (pictures) / Osinbajo To Visit Akwa Ibom State On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.