Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! (5181 Views)

Data Validity Period Should Be Abolished By NCC / Get Airtel 175mb For N200 Validity 7days. android & lite PC users / To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by mailaustin37(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2005
okay
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by Greatpeter(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2005
Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! Hurray!!! MTN has made my day. I can't believe this. I'm missing something here.
there is still hope from MTN i won't cross to any other network. Glued and addicted to MTN.
MTN just for you. kiss MTN I salute oo Una weldone!
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by Hunter(m): 1:55am On Jul 17, 2005
you guys can put $4 (equivlent) on a card? How much is an SMS?
My minimum on virgin mobile is $15 (1500) with 60 days to use it (I load $30 (3000 Naira) when I do because that gives me 120 days just to be safe smiley )

$'s are Australian
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by Motee(f): 9:09am On Jul 18, 2005
Good thing from MTN. Thanks MTN

Somehow, thanks to their Competitors.
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by DASKACE(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2005
I owe my gratitude to other telecommunication outfits like Globacom n co for keeping MTN on there toes.

Nice innovation!
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by DEKING3(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2005
Bravo!!! that it if it's true coz the free one sms i learnt about after trying it the first thing, the message returns with the popular slang "service fee expired pls recharge"
MTN try to improve the more tongue
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by oye247(m): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2005
I cant just believe this !!!
They have even lessen their tarrif rate for me (0806).
MTN, Una do well Oooooooooo
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by Angelgirl(f): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2005
DE-King, i guess for you to enjoy the one free sms per day, you have to recharge your account, atleast now with just the 400 voucher you can get 10 access days which means 10 free mtn 2 mtn sms, Welldone MTN, we want more, and thanks to Glo and V-mobile for opening their eyes.
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by diakim(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2005
Thank God for Glo! Otherwise MTN wouldn't have dreamt of doing this in the next 10 years grin
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by DEKING3(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2005
Angelgirl, are u saying I must first recharge? Coz the first time I tried it, I had no credit on my line yet it went thru. Abi there machine dey sleep that time ?

Anyway, thanks 4 that info.

MTN we need more of this cool
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by diakim(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2005
I took out my dusty MTN Sim card from my locker yesterday' s evening and recharged with N400. Since then I've not been able to confirm my validity status. I don dial 556 tire. sad
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by Jachoz(m): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2005
Glo also charges 7.50 for each glo2glo sms if 35 free sms is exausted whithin its period of validity.
They can not be equalled. Hail GLO.
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by hotangel2(f): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2005
Times like this i was using MTN instead of sprint grin . Yeah sprint is useless..but no MTN here. You feel me?
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by mamba(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2005
What's the use increasing the validity when you can't even check your access days with MTN for free.

on glo, you dial #124# for free
on Vmobile it's *124# for free
on Mtel it's 175 for free

but on MTN it's what? 556, doesn't work & also charged at a certain rate...

Boyz in yellow!!!!!!!
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by diakim(m): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2005
MTN has increased its access days!

I couldn't believe it either - I just found out that MTN has increased the access days on each recharge card. The 400 naira recharge card now comes with a 10 day access, the 750 Naira recharge card comes with a 30 days access, while that of 1500 Naira recharge card gives a whooping 60 days access!

The validity period has also been increased from 90 days to about a year or so.

The above was quoted directly from Nairaland forum, a popular Nigerian internet forum where Nigerians from home and abroad meet, hangout and discuss contemporary issues.

Being a critic of MTN myself, I took this news with a pinch of salt, But in other to prove them wrong, on my way home from work on Monday, I inserted my MTN Sim Card (which I have not used for the past 3 months or so) in my phone and went to recharge with N400. I purposely did that in order to confirm the veracity of the news I received from the forum.

This is because, earlier some folks have also been reporting in the forum that MTN is giving away one free SMS to its subscribers everyday. At the same time some members of the forums are still complaining that they are still being billed by MTN for all the SMS they sent that day. Since I've stopped using MTN for some time now, I couldn't really authenticate that.

Now, back to this issue of access days, I later dialed 556 after recharging with N400 to confirm my validity from the network, and it failed to connect. I tried throughout yesterday, and it will not go, but the *556# works, which does not display the validity. This was really annoying, considering that MTN is the only network in Nigeria that bills their customers for checking their validity or access to the network. Other operators will display the validity on the screen of your phone when checking your credit balance. Well, about 3 hours ago, I tried again and I received a confirmation that I have 10 days validity added to my MTN line from my last recharge, which was N400. This meant only one thing, that the story is true.

Well, I must say bravo to MTN. At least now, they are listening to the people. It pays MTN more to be a friendly network than the reputation it has previously gathered as being a money-conscious-sap-them-dry network. Just as one member in Nairaland aptly described MTN - 'Milk Those Nigerians'. I couldn't help but laughed when I read that.

What About SMS?
One area that still need to be addressed is the issue of the cost of SMS. I believe 15 Naira is too much for a text message. The GSM operators are cheating us. A text message should not cost more than 5 to 8 Naira maximum, as it does not congest the network. Those that are on contracts or post-paid should be sending SMS free or at least the first 100 SMS free. We need to look into this and make our dissatisfaction known to the GSM operators. It is by so doing, that we can get some relieve and not end up serving them with all our hard-earned money all in the name of servicing our GSM lines.

My Comments
Now, what do I have to say to this? Competition is good! We have to thank Globacom and VMobile for keeping MTN on their toes. If Globacom has not come, then MTN and his brother, VMobile would have milked [/i]us dry. They told us that Per Second Billing (PSB) cannot happened until after 3 years. Imagine! But when Glo introduced PSB, the whole story changed. Competition is very good. It prevents a monopoly or duopoly situation which existed between MTN and VMobile before the coming of Globacom. MTEL, being owned by the government, was as good as being non-existent then.

The battle has not yet be won. We must continue to criticise all these telecommunication companies that are not consumer-friendly. If we are all saying the same thing, then they will definitely listen.

Meanwhile, I congratulate MTN for listening to the voice of the people. With this now, I've revived my MTN line, to be used only in the night. But during the day, I stick to Glo, as Glo have more to offer me than MTN for the time being.

What is your reaction to this?

[i]Culled from http://diakim2..com
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by abubakarshayau: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2005
well done oga mtn, for all this and all that but what about all when? i mean when will you reduce your charges so that we will really know that you cater for us (ur customers)
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by abubakarshayau: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2005
if mtn has inreased their this and their that this may be due prayers/ cry so what next should we pray for not only for mtn but all the othe 3 mtns we have in this counrty so that we can get the value or our money foe buying thier recharge cards, please your response is sought...
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by Seun(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2007
Has the validity period been reduced further since this occasion?
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by abujabooks(f): 1:20pm On May 22, 2008
Has it?
Re: MTN Voucher Validity and Access Days Increased! by sinaayo(f): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2009
haaaa,mi ora ye oro radarada,

(1) (Reply)

Zain's 1 Month unbilled browsing From 12th Feb 2009 / close / Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.