Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations (8272 Views)

Donald Trump Blast African Nations / The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? / Is Gej The Worst President That Has Ruled Nigeria Amongst Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 06, 2012
News making headlines yesterday was that South-africa deported so many Nigerians for no clear reason.

Our government didnt take it light.

Now in retaliation, in headlines today, Nigeria deports about 28 south africans too for no clear reason.

Why should south africa treat Nigeria this way?
No formal letters to the Nigerian embassy on the issue nothing.
Have they forgotten all the bi lateral trade affairs we both signed?

Have they forgotten how much Nigeria and Nigerians contribute to South africa's development?

Just last year alone MTN's sales turn over in Nigeria alone was just so robust.

In the just concluded african union when Nigeria was gunning for the presidency of the UN Security Council (UNSC) 2011, there were 190 states seated by the count and Nigeria got 186 votes. Curiously, the four countries withholding support in this wise were Guinea, Liberia, Togo and Sierra Leone! Guinea came late, so could not vote. Togo, Sierra Leone and Liberia had one vote each. But for those 'rogue votes' Nigeria would have had 190 over 190.

Now, considering that Nigeria spent over $10 billion during the period of a very bloody conflict in two of these countries and even the mere fact that by the close of last year, Nigeria regularly sent presidential jets to pick the presidents of countries like Liberia to heads of states' summit in Abuja. They should be the last country to disrespect Nigeria.

As for south africa, the difference began at the AU summit, where Nigeria wanted the return of incumbent Gabonese diplomat and politician Jean Ping while South Africa preferred its candidate Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.

No matter what the political situation of Nigeria is now we still remain a major force in Africa hence disrespect is not justified.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/feb/23/19.html
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by birdman(m): 8:59am On Mar 06, 2012
breezy147:

Now, considering that Nigeria spent over $10 billion during the period of a very bloody conflict in two of these countries and even the mere fact that by the close of last year, Nigeria regularly sent presidential jets to pick the presidents of countries like Liberia to heads of states' summit in Abuja. They should be the last country to disrespect Nigeria.

When you (foolishly) give aid without strings attached, you cant blame anyone but yourself.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 06, 2012
Foolishly give aid to a country in need?

You could as well say UN is foolish for giving aids to haiti and sudan?
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by birdman(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2012
breezy147:

Foolishly give aid to a country in need?

You could as well say UN is foolish for giving aids to haiti and sudan?

Nobody gives aid for free. The aid given to Sudan and Haiti has strings attached, ALWAYS. So, no, you CANNOT as well say the UN is foolish for giving aid - they are doing it the right way.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2012
@ OP

So what are you going to do about it? Go over there and beat their women?

Worry more about respecting yourself, and respecting your female counterpart, and less about some unknown riff raff deported from foreign countries for having fraudulent documents.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by birdman(m): 9:36am On Mar 06, 2012
PhysicsQED:

@ OP

Worry more about respecting yourself, and respecting your female counterpart, and less about some[b] unknown riff raff deported from foreign countries for having fraudulent documents[/b].

generalize much?
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2012
birdman:

generalize much?

There are lots of Nigerians in South Africa legally already.

If some of these guys had fake yellow fever vaccination documents, then I don't see how they're not questionable characters that should be deported. If they were too lazy to find out that they needed yellow fever vaccination documents before traveling all those miles, and they didn't have them upon arrival, then they can try again later and they aren't really the ones I'm talking about.

The ones I have an issue with are the fraudulent ones. If Nigerians have a bad reputation in South Africa and some other countries around the world, it's mostly because of fraudulent characters. Let these countries keep deporting them. Better that than for them to settle in there and start committing some crimes.

Nigerians in general are far from the awful stereotype they're seen as in many countries around the world, but the exodus of Nigerian criminals to other parts of the world has ruined the country's image. I can't help but feel contempt for those that continue this trend of ruining the country's image.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 06, 2012
@ PHYSICS

We are here discussing how the name Nigeria being dragged in the mud everywhere because Nigeria no matter what still remains our country, the country your father land you come back to crying whenever they deport you for mere suspicious or unjustifiable reasons and you are here talking about beating women?

If you have issues with people beating women close to you take it to the family or crime section keep us out of it here.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by PhysicsQED(m): 10:07am On Mar 06, 2012
I just asked a rhetorical question and gave you some advice on what you really needed to focus on.

If I actually wanted to discuss that issue (domestic abuse), there's a topic on the front page about it right now by some poster called edie mafio and I would just post in that thread.

As for the increasing disrespect toward Nigeria, I can assure you that if legions of Nigerians flood every country with fake travel documents, fake vaccination documents, and fake everything, the disrespect will only increase. My contempt for anyone who went to South Africa with fake documents hoping to beat the system is unlimited.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by room702(m): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nigeria does not retaliate when other countries do dumb stuff to us. i have always wondered why. here in the UK, british people don't take anything lightly at all, they are quick to fire back even when tbey are wrong. i kind of support this new move by Nigeria.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by GWslim(f): 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2012
South Africa must be shown that we are disappointed for this action, becos i believe they cannot do it to an white countries and go away with it.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Nayah(f): 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
Actually both sides ( Nigerians and those who push back) are responsible
Nigerians, you're my brothers but let's face it a lot of Nigerians have spread really bad image of your country throughout the world and deny it would be a mistake and a lie, because to improve ourselves we need to accept some facts, even though nobody's perfect a lot of countries are complaining about Nigerians and just this should lead to auto critics from you

African nations that push Nigerian back are also responsible and quite narrow because we always need someone to evolve and a lot Nigerians are hard working, dynamic and quite nice so generalization it's not the solution, if they want to condemn those who commit crimes, then they're right but chasing a whole community like they're nothing, I completely disagree
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by oradee: 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
breezy147:

@ PHYSICS

We are here discussing how the name Nigeria being dragged in the mud everywhere because[b] Nigeria no matter what still remains our country, the country your father land [/b]you come back to crying whenever they deport you for mere suspicious or unjustifiable reasons and you are here talking about beating women?

If you have issues with people beating women close to you take it to the family or crime section keep us out of it here.

please spare us the sentiments,
ur saying that cos ur still within the boarders,
international achievers are just called nigerians by nationality nothing more,
i keep saying it, with the way we nigerians behave within our country towards one another (treating our ladies bad, forming local sharpness, unnecessary jazz, etc), if we try that one abroad, we wld get more than deportation,
they should keep deporting jare, they think everywhere is naija, mtchewww
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Anybaba: 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

Actually both sides ( Nigerians and those who push back) are responsible
Nigerians, you're my brothers but let's face it a lot of Nigerians have spread really bad image of your country throughout the world and deny it would be a mistake and a lie, because to improve ourselves we need to accept some facts, even though nobody's perfect a lot of countries are complaining about Nigerians and just this should lead to auto critics from you

African nations that push Nigerian back are also responsible and quite narrow because we always need someone to evolve and a lot Nigerians are hard working, dynamic and quite nice so generalization it's not the solution, if they want to condemn those who commit crimes, then they're right but chasing a whole community like they're nothing, I completely disagree

Shut the Bleep up !! Is it only Nigeria that ha criminals?
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by LEXYLOV: 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
Charity begins at home. Let Nigeria leader value their citizens and the citizen value themselves and let them allow good things and development sound out of nigeria, then you will see the other countries co-operation. The day you start laughing at yourself the others will join you. undecided
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by odomanis: 1:00pm On Mar 06, 2012
One basic fact that those who claim that Nigerians are criminals refuse to consider is the fact that Nigerians in crime are a minute percentage and that does not make Nigerians,Criminals". For instance,if Nigeria with a population of about 160million has 8million of its citizen into crime,people will shout, EEHH 8m Nigerians are criminals,what a large number!. But if a country like Ghana with less than 10m population records 4million of its citizen into crime,the believe in most quarters will be that more Nigerians (8million)are into crime than Ghanaians(4million) therefore Nigerians are criminals.
But the truth is that only 5% of Nigerians are into Crime(8million of 160million) whereas 40% of Ghanaians are into Crime(4million of 10million).
From the above example,which of the 2 countries are more criminally inclined? is it the one that has 5% of its citizens into crime or the one that has 40% of its citizens into crime?  What this equally means is that Nigeria has more good pple (95%) than Ghana(60%).  A country whose 95% percent of the citizens are good and only 5% are into Crime should not be labelled Criminals. It is important we always consider this figures as analysed herein.  God bless Nigeria !
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by kizito96(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
We deserve what we got. Most of our people in Government have invested so much in South Africa that they fear to put up a retaliatory measure because it might affect their investment. Jonathan should borrow a leaf from the Minister of Aviation who acted immediately Britain banned Arik from coming to London. Her Retaliatory measure brought quick retrace of steps by the British Authorities
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by humblebee: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
PhysicsQED:

@ OP

Worry more about respecting yourself, and respecting your female counterpart, and less about some unknown riff raff deported from foreign countries for having fraudulent documents.

next time consult your brain before typing with those fingers,

did you read the news at all, i personally purchased tickets for 2passengers on that SA flight that day and they got their vaccination cards from the same place and same person. one was sent back while the other was allowed entry. now justify that with your damaged brain.
some of them presented the same vaccination card they used when they applied for visa, why was it not noted or their visas rejected of those cards were fake. how come they just got to know they are fake at the port of entry, the same cards that were approved by them at their visa processing unit back here. why would they deport 125 people same day because of vaccination when its well known that the diseases are from there,
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Arosa(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nigeria and South Africa needs each other for economical growth, having said that mutual respect should be maintained.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by odomanis: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2012
Kizito96,i think you need to be educated. Aviation minister is working under GEJ who employed her and supervises her. What she did was with the approval or even directive of the president. You should therefore ask the Foreign affairs minister to borrow a leaf from his aviation colleague and not asking the president to borrow a leaf from his minister. Some of you are just not informed.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by edupedia: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
, south africans hate naijas for several reasons best known to their frakking brains.as for me naija should hit back harder.just check our CBN figures. what south africans take out of this country annually as profits through their businesses is enough to employ  200 times the number of naijas in their country,
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by StarFlux: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2012
south africa dey deport nigerians for no good reason? chey, look at yourself. no be fun for the individuals involved, but action was required. how this increases "disrespect" is beyond me.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by ichidodo: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
odomanis:

One basic fact that those who claim that Nigerians are criminals refuse to consider is the fact that Nigerians in crime are a minute percentage and that does not make Nigerians,Criminals". For instance,if Nigeria with a population of about 160million has 8million of its citizen into crime,people will shout, EEHH 8m Nigerians are criminals,what a large number!. But if a country like Ghana with less than 10m population records 4million of its citizen into crime,the believe in most quarters will be that more Nigerians (8million)are into crime than Ghanaians(4million) therefore Nigerians are criminals.
But the truth is that only 5% of Nigerians are into Crime(8million of 160million) whereas 40% of Ghanaians are into Crime(4million of 10million).
From the above example,which of the 2 countries are more criminally inclined? is it the one that has 5% of its citizens into crime or the one that has 40% of its citizens into crime?  What this equally means is that Nigeria has more good pple (95%) than Ghana(60%).  A country whose 95% percent of the citizens are good and only 5% are into Crime should not be labelled Criminals. It is important we always consider this figures as analysed herein.  God bless Nigeria !
nwane nwokem, u don talk am but d issue b say we need to show these rif-raff african countries their place. I want Gej to conduct an agressive foreign policy against dem. Ichidodo bu onye Nigeria.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by oradee: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
odomanis:

Kizito96,i think you need to be educated. Aviation minister is working under GEJ who employed her and supervises her. What she did was with the approval or even directive of the president. You should therefore ask the Foreign affairs minister to borrow a leaf from his aviation colleague and not asking the president to borrow a leaf from his minister. Some of you are just not informed.

so r u trying to say that everything that any govt official does must be approved by GEJ simply cos he's the president?
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by clemog: 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
Am just wondering what we are preaching among Africans. Let there be peace. We are all proudly Africans.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Nayah(f): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
Anybaba, first of all good afternoon, secondly this a discussion not a boxing club thirldy have you read all I've written or do you prefer selection??
Am I saying Nigerians are the only criminals on Earth?? I said many Nigerians spread bad image of their country, even though nobody's perfect
so please come down, thanks
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by bigboyk(m): 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Odomanis, please stop posting highly misleading comments that lack intelligence and integrity! Where on earth did you read that Ghana's population is 10million? Please, take full advantage of google to minimise your full blow ignorance. We abhor ignorance on NL.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
@ ORADEE

Educate yourself bro.
Nigerians are one of the most law abiding citizens when outside the country.
They obey traffic laws, public laws and others to the fullest.
It is only when they come back home to Nigeria that they relax and break a few laws again.

We have bad eggs accepted but every country has its own bad eggs as well or havent you heard of europeans arrested in Nigeria for drugs or other offences?

Go to professional institutions all over the world and see Nigerian doctors, lawyers e.t.c faithful, loyal and law abiding to the core!
Now tellme will those innocent ones be left out of implications when the bad names of Nigeria soars beyond reach?

So dont give me that crap to eat!

That we are not getting it right now is not a reason to stand by and watch when other countries disrespect and treat us like poo.
Shikena.
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by lond07: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
humblebee:

next time consult your brain before typing with those fingers,

did you read the news at all, i personally purchased tickets for 2passengers on that SA flight that day and they got their vaccination cards from the same place and same person. one was sent back while the other was allowed entry. now justify that with your damaged brain.
some of them presented the same vaccination card they used when they applied for visa, why was it not noted or their visas rejected of those cards were fake. how come they just got to know they are fake at the port of entry, the same cards that were approved by them at their visa processing unit back here. why would they deport 125 people same day because of vaccination when its well known that the diseases are from there,

PhysicsQED, imagine yourself to be the other one deported indiscriminately, would you have made that statement qouted above.

I am sure you can rationalise properly now
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by lond07: 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
sorry humblebee , please disregard the latter part or my reply. I mistakingly clicked reply when I meant to edit it out
Re: Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations by Nayah(f): 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
And other countries like Nigerians too smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Not Storm Lagos / Ugwuanyi Inspects Projects At ESUT Teaching Hospital / ₦720 Billion Subsidy Burden Presses Harder As Oil Price Sustains Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.