Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Criticise Yar'adua Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criticise Yar'adua Here (3017 Views)

How To Criticise Buhari And Get Away With It - Ayo Sogunro / I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Staunch Buharists, Olateju And Farouk Kperogi Criticise Buhari Over Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticise Yar'adua Here by folahann(m): 4:06am On Oct 26, 2007
What do you think this president is doing wrong OR what should he have done that he didn't do
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by folahann(m): 4:13am On Oct 26, 2007
are you contend with his regime
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Teriba(m): 4:58am On Oct 26, 2007
So far, so good!
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by AminuXXX: 6:29am On Oct 26, 2007
I feel that the new president is wishy washy when it comes to the former governors being indicted. An all honesty, it's really hard to say what his deal is. I feel that he does point out good emphasis, but I'm just a little skeptical about the ways he reacts to the corruption crises that Nigeria is facing right now when it comes to prosecuting former governors of dipping their hands in their states' coffers. I know they paved his way for presidency, and maybe that's why he feels that he shouldn't be too harsh, but President Yar. is here to serve the citizens of Nigeria, so he should not deviate from those tasks that needs to be performed. It's very imperative that he puts aside his old comrads of corruption and focus on the people of Nigeria.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by babasin(m): 8:56am On Oct 26, 2007
yaradua is spineless: he is on stolen mandate. He himself agreed.

and courts have further shown us by removing fake governors right and left,

the honourable thing is call for fresh election, which must be free and fair.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by dustydee: 10:06am On Oct 26, 2007
he has refused to sack Iwu, the unrepentant Inec chief, He's a disaster embarassed
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by touche(m): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2007
He needs to be more vocal.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by ojimboIV: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2007
hasn't seem to have come across to the nigerian populace as the talking type nor the walking type,
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by angel101(f): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2007
touche:

He needs to be more vocal.

i agree

ojimbo IV:

hasn't seem to have come across to the nigerian populace as the talking type nor the walking type,

lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by folahann(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2007
I think he's got the ideas, implementing them the right way, will do, nigeria
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by toshmann(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2007
yar'asleep, when he wakes up, we'll criticise him
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2007
folahann:

I think he's got the ideas, implementing them the right way, will do, nigeria

If he has got any ideas at all he doesnt seem to be interested in telling us.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2007
, nor implementing them. So far, he has been in office 5 months and the world is still waiting. On the BBC today, it was all same old story, no change, no new moves forward seen in Nigeria so far. I mean it is one thing to have ideas all stored up in your head and that is all fine and good but usually you get scored well when you actually implement those ideas so we have something more tangible to score you on. Somebody needs to tell him to wake up already!!
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Teriba(m): 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2007
babasin:

yaradua is spineless: he is on stolen mandate. He himself agreed.

and courts have further shown us by removing fake governors right and left,

the honourable thing is call for fresh election, which must be free and fair.

Don`t you think there is a relationship b/w him and these court decisions you mentioned ? Those court decisions used to mean nothing in Nigeria when the criminal that handed over to him was there. Granted his is a stolen mandate, but that shouldn`t stop us from acknowledging it whenever he does the right thing. As far as I`m concerned, complying with court decisions is one of the fundamental pre-requisites of true democracy.It shows the judiciary is independent, which means that the rule of law can be protected
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by McKren(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2007
Still looking for a reason to take him seriously

Says one thing and systemically does the exact opposite. Nobody knows what he stands for
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by toshmann(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2007
if he doesn't know what to do, let him take his salary and go after his term, let him not loot or make the nation worse, let him leave the judiciary and legislature to sort themselves(which he is doing) someday, we'll have a leader who knows what to do

if he cant move us forward, at least let him not move us backwards
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2007
toshmann:

if he doesn't know what to do, let him take his salary and go after his term, let him not loot or make the nation worse, let him leave the judiciary and legislature to sort themselves(which he is doing) someday, we'll have a leader who knows what to do

if he can't move us forward, at least let him not move us backwards

I concur
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by deen(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2007
@toshmann lol.

@Teriba i think the credit of what is happen in the judiciary should be given to the Justice Alpha Belgore.

@Mckren i agree with u.

I believe by now President Umaru Musa Yar'aduwa should understand having a good intention and a sincere heart is not enough to rule a very complex and diverse country like Nigeria. Not to mention ruin country like Nigeria. He should be in country of the affairs. He cant just sit wait and speculation are going on that people like OBJ are controlling the country. This speculation will tell of his acceptance. He should ACT or leave if he cant do it.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by doyin13(m): 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2007
Please can someone tell him to stop sleeping on duty.

the whole country is going to the pits during his slumber.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2007
As soon as he made the ambassadorial appointments i knew Yar Adua was taking Nigeria no where.

It cant get much worse than imagining Ahmadu Ali as an envoy.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Teriba(m): 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2007
You guys are missing an important point here. The one that started promisingly in 1999 later became a monumental failure! People like Babangida and Obasanjo knew Nigeria inside out long b/4 they became whatever they called themselves, but here is a man that knows very little about Nigeria who was giving this job b/c Obasanjo saw him as a safe hand that would continue to shield him from standing trial for all the crimes he committed while in office. It`s going to take some time b/4 he can start to deliver

@deen:

You are funny! Justice Belgore didn`t join the judiciary yesterday; where was he when Nigeria was burning ? All the people giving these judgements used to catch cold whenever dictators sneezed in the past. If all past Presidents had respected the judiciary the way the current President has, we wouldn`t be where we are today. I think we should be patient with him!
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2007
Teriba:

You guys are missing an important point here. The one that started promisingly in 1999 later became a monumental failure! People like Babangida and Obasanjo knew Nigeria inside out long b/4 they became whatever they called themselves, but here is a man that knows very little about Nigeria who was giving this job b/c Obasanjo saw him as a safe hand that would continue to shield him from standing trial for all the crimes he committed while in office. It`s going to take some time b/4 he can start to deliver

You have acknowledged two important points that should make every Nigerian squirm with discomfort.
1. Yar Adua knows LITTLE about Nigeria. Then WHY ONE EARTH is he president? Out of 140m Nigerians is there no one that knows the country better? Why do we consistently put into office people with NO experience of what they are supposed to do? Is the office of president a place to do on-the-job training?

2. The fact that we are comfortable enough to realise that Yar Adua was selected by OBJ should be enough to make a mockery of the charade we call (s)elections.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by folahann(m): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2007
The point is not "if he was selected or elected". What matters is what he's doing but don't you think he should be given some time.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2007
folahann:

The point is not "if he was selected or elected". What matters is what he's doing but don't you think he should be given some time.

Very serious countries consider the point of election or selection much more paramount than whether he is doing what he shld be doing or not. If Nigerians had free reign to elect their own officials, clueless treasury looters and inept individuals like Yar Adua would never become president in a million yrs.

How long should we give him? As much time as he runs us completely into the ground? Zimbabweans have given Mugabe just enough time to turn it into a banana republic, yes let us give Yar Asleep more time to ruin us. But for oil we would have been no better than Zimbabwe at this rate.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Njoy1(f): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2007
Already judging a man that is only 5 months in government - something is fundamentally wrong with Nigerians.

the same lousy questions and the same lousy contributions - I pray one of you becomes the PResident one day - but with these comments - I doubt if you can rule your homes succesfully.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by folahann(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2007
well let's see
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by folahann(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2007
N-joy:

Already judging a man that is only 5 months in government - something is fundamentally wrong with Nigerians.

the same lousy questions and the same lousy contributions - I pray one of you becomes the PResident one day - but with these comments - I doubt if you can rule your homes succesfully.

Nobody is judging here, these are just opinions from people on what they think of the 5 months gorvenment. After all we are praticing Democracy
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Teriba(m): 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2007
davidylan:

You have acknowledged two important points that should make every Nigerian squirm with discomfort.
1. Yar Adua knows LITTLE about Nigeria. Then WHY ONE EARTH is he president? Out of 140m Nigerians is there no one that knows the country better? Why do we consistently put into office people with NO experience of what they are supposed to do? Is the office of president a place to do on-the-job training?

2. The fact that we are comfortable enough to realise that Yar Adua was selected by OBJ should be enough to make a mockery of the charade we call (s)elections.

Absolutely, those are two important anormalies that should worry us all. But, my brother, this president was a good Governor in his state b/4 contesting that presidential elections. In other words, we can`t be too sure that a free and fair election would not have catapaulted him to Aso Rock. His main sin in the eyes of Nigerians seem to be his association with Obasanjo. I`ve always made it clear that Buhari is my favourite in Nigeria, but I would rather have this Yar Adua than legendary criminals like Babangida or Obasanjo
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by folahann(m): 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2007
his_grace:

Read the comments very well, then u will know people are judging him already.
What do you think about the government yourself
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2007
his_grace:

Black people indeed are genetically engineered to be less intelligent.

You are very right. Black people indeed are the only ones who are clueless enough to assume that when you query your "elected" officials you are "judging" them. Black Africa is the only continent where we forever make excuses for the ineptitude of our government officials (the latest one being . . . he is only 5 months on the job), black people are the only people i know who elect officials who have no specific goals for office besides the cliched "we will continue with nebulous reforms".

Black people are indeed engineered to be genetically stupid.

folahann:

Nobody is judging here, these are just opinions from people on what they think of the 5 months gorvenment. After all we are praticing Democracy

You dont need to bother responding to certain "contributions". You shld know by now that not all of us are comfortable with opposing oppinions.

Teriba:

Absolutely, those are two important anormalies that should worry us all. But, my brother, this president was a good Governor in his state b/4 contesting that presidential elections. In other words, we can`t be too sure that a free and fair election would not have catapaulted him to Aso Rock. His main sin in the eyes of Nigerians seem to be his association with Obasanjo. I`ve always made it clear that Buhari is my favourite in Nigeria, but I would rather have this Yar Adua than legendary criminals like Babangida or Obasanjo

He was a "good" governor based on what? What really are the yardstick with which we measure "good governance" in Nigeria? That he didnt loot the treasury blind? Why then did he take the first emergency flight to Germany if he had put in adequate health facilities in Katsina despite having 8 yrs to do so?

Until we start asking critical questions, until we put our so-called political office holders under the lens of public scrutiny we will continue to be the laughing stock of the rest of the world.
Do we even have any benchmarks for evaluating the Yar Asleep administration? All we here of is reforms.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by vigasimple(m): 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2007
First and foremost, The judiciary was freed by OBJ. He didn't try to stiffle them like all the people before him.

He may not obey some of the decision or on time but he allow them to rule even when it is against him. Rememebr all those proceddings by ATIKU etc.

Also OBJ should be given credit for 'selecting' YAR ADUA because he is by far the better of all the other candidates including Bhuari, Atiku and all the Governors. He is a safe pair of hands in most peoples opinion and less corrupt. So OBJ definitely have good intentuions for Nigerians, even if you think he is trying to cover his back. He could have as well 'select' either IBORI or ODILLI  and still cover his back.

Whether or not he prosecute OBJ, IBB etc is another matter for reasons that may only be well know to him.

The other problem is that it is the PDP that put Yar Adua in office and I am afraid  he is unlikely to prosecute all the Governors that ' gave way' for him. IBORI , ODILLI etc

I for one don't think that Yar ADua has the 'toughness' required to govern Nigerians.

However, if he is able to appoint people who can do that for him because of his health and the type of person he is (his personality and demeanour) and just apply intellectual approach to the challenges then he stand a chance.

But seeing from his appointments and pronoucements so far I think he is many miles away from making any serious impact. (Maybe he needed OBJ- as if you will remember OBJ single handely campaign for him on campaign rounds and 'annointing him' among his fellow governors)

I hope he can sleep one night and God to visit him and explain how to run the country properly.

As far as I am concern, it is all soundbite- where is the War (state of emergency) on Energy/Power and all the other 7 progamm agenda.

I will pray for new things and beginings because it appears that it is just business as usual. Remember OBJ promised Electricity in 1999 and 8 years later, it  even got worse. NIGERIANS WE NEED SERIOUSE PRAYERS FOR GOD TO TAKE CONTROL AND BY HIS SPECIAL GRACE HE WILL TAKE CONTROL OF MINDS OF OUR LEADERS TO START TO RUN THE COUNTRY PROPERLY.
Re: Criticise Yar'adua Here by Njoy1(f): 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2007
[s]Hisses at absolute and laughable gibberishes.[/s]

Shio -

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Big Girls Fight Over Femi Fani-kayode - How One Of Them Got Him Into Trouble / Is Nigeria Practicing True And Real Democracy / Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.