Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches (17914 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by IdiAmin2(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2012
I was invited on Sunday to a church by a cousin. After the watered down sermon,

pastor: I want everybody to sow a 'special anointing seed'. I was like 'is there an anointing that is ordinary?'

Another one is 'financial breakthrough seed'. My own sister has has been sowing this financial breakthrough seed every month for at least 5 years and she still has no breakthrough, and she has the guts to come ask me for money that she is broke. I just told her no, wait for your breakthrough. I asked her to stop giving away her money to pastor and that its a waste of money and will get her nowhere . But for where!
she will start quoting bible: 'do not be weary in well doing for you shall reap in perfect time'
Ok then, go wait for your perfect time.

Do you guys know of any other 'seeds' and 'offerings'. it seems they just make them up as they go along
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by crossman9(m): 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2012
THIS IS COMMON TO MOST CHURCHES AND IT AGAINST THE TEACHING OF THE BIBLE

CHECK THIS LINK OUT

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=886974.new#new

Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Goshen360(m): 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2012
Idi-Amin:

I was invited on Sunday to a church by a cousin. After the watered down sermon,

pastor: I want everybody to sow a 'special anointing seed'. I was like 'is there an anointing that is ordinary?'

Another one is 'financial breakthrough seed'. My own sister has has been sowing this financial breakthrough seed every month for at least 5 years and she still has no breakthrough, and she has the guts to come ask me for money that she is broke. I just told her no, wait for your breakthrough. I asked her to stop giving away her money to pastor and that its a waste of money and will get her nowhere . But for where!
she will start quoting bible: 'do not be weary in well doing for you shall reap in perfect time'
Ok then, go wait for your perfect time.

Do you guys know of any other 'seeds' and 'offerings'. it seems they just make them up as they go along

LWKMD, grin grin grin

ANYWAY, I happen to know a lot of "SEED" and "OFFERINGS" name:

"Anointing breaks the Yoke" Seed Offerings

"273" Seed offerings: 2 is the number of agreement, 7 is the number of perfection or completion, God will perfect everything about you when you sow this seed, 3 is the number of Resurrection etc, God will Resurrect you finances. This kind of numeric connection seed can change depending on what is being connected with.

"Solomon" Seed of 1000 USD. Richest man's seed

"Firstborn" seed offerings for firstborn curse breaking.

"Covenant Seed" When you are in covenant with the man of God, Whatever God does to the man of God, same thing flows into your life. If people give the man of God car(s), people MUST give you car also.

I will add more when it comes to my mind, too much "SEED" offerings. But I heard Jesus say, THE SEED IS THE WORD OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by AntiPastChris(m): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by IdiAmin2(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
Lets not forget the Matthew Ashimolowo 24 hour miracle seed, sow £24, and your life will change within 24 hours. And if you want God to move quicker sow a seed in the multiples of 24 - like £240, £2400.

I've seen this madness of TV, it's not a joke. I just wonder, what happens when the sheep sows the seed and nothing happens after 24 hours. Do they go back, and say 'pastor, that thing no work ooo, abeg I want refund' grin
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Ptolomeus(m): 5:45pm On Mar 06, 2012
Some sects have no own philosophy.
They just do their interpretation of the Bible, and create your own universe.
Speaking of them, not based on their own proposals, but attacks on other beliefs.
Criticize religions that make offerings, but they are done well ,
You ask how long you should keep planting seeds sister and giving money to the pastor?
Well, should continue to do so until one day is no longer have more money.
Then the pastor will be responsible for her sister apart from the church because it no longer serves its purpose.
"word of god"
What irony!
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by IdiAmin2(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2012
goshen360:

LWKMD, grin grin grin

ANYWAY, I happen to know a lot of "SEED" and "OFFERINGS" name:

"Anointing breaks the Yoke" Seed Offerings

"273" Seed offerings: 2 is the number of agreement, 7 is the number of perfection or completion, God will perfect everything about you when you sow this seed, 3 is the number of Resurrection etc, God will Resurrect you finances. This kind of numeric connection seed can change depending on what is being connected with.

"Solomon" Seed of 1000 USD. Richest man's seed

"Firstborn" seed offerings for firstborn curse breaking.

"Covenant Seed" When you are in covenant with the man of God, Whatever God does to the man of God, same thing flows into your life. If people give the man of God car(s), people MUST give you car also.

I will add more when it comes to my mind, too much "SEED" offerings. But I heard Jesus say, THE SEED IS THE WORD OF GOD.

Hahaha, I know that one. if you they watch TBN or God channel when they do their begpraise-a-thon and they have these businessmen raising money you will hear something like: 'Psalm 8, verse 10 says God will enlarge your coast and multiply you more and more - sow a seed of 810 dollars if you want this promise to materialise in your life!
Because it's psalm 8 verse 10, automatically they join the numbers. why not 8 dollars & 10 cents?

1 Like

Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Ptolomeus(m): 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Hahaha, I know that one. if you they watch TBN or God channel when they do their begpraise-a-thon and they have these businessmen raising money you will hear something like: 'Psalm 8, verse 10 says God will enlarge your coast and multiply you more and more - sow a seed of 810 dollars if you want this promise to materialise in your life!
Because it's psalm 8 verse 10, automatically they join the numbers. why not 8 dollars & 10 cents?
Dear friend.
I was surprised with your comment.
It is my understanding that in any country have expelled those merchants of the religion. That's not easy, because the merchants appeal to the supposed "freedom of religion."
But , with such impunity, it is imperative that governments take various measures, for that kind of thing (which also happen in my country) or are nothing but fraud and the law is punishable with jail.
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by IdiAmin2(m): 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
And of course Paula White's 'first fruit' offering which basically states: Sow the first fruit to God, and January represent the 1st month, and your salary in January represents your first fruit, therefore sow your entire January salary to God as a 'first fruit' offering, so that God will bless the rest of the year!

haba, doesn't she except that people have rents, mortgages and bills to pay in January as well? or she just does not care? And people still fall for thse scams
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by crossman9(m): 10:56pm On Mar 06, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7e9vnwTjJA
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7e9vnwTjJA[/flash]http://youtu.be/I7e9vnwTjJA

this link

Mike Murdock is the worst one running after seed the miracle of the 1000 Dollar seed but watch this link and if you can post this video please I can’t get it to work here
(KJV) Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ
(NIV) Ephesians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
The Thing is you’re already blessed in Christ why would you need to sow a seed for the word already declares the work is already done in Christ, he become poor that we might become rich its like paying for a meal that is on the house?
These false preacher never tell people the truth?
[/code][code]

Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by baslone: 11:30pm On Mar 06, 2012
Agreement ãήϑ commission!
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Goshen360(m): 1:15am On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Azibalua(f): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2012
Idi-Amin:

And of course Paula White's 'first fruit' offering which basically states: Sow the first fruit to God, and January represent the 1st month, and your salary in January represents your first fruit, therefore sow your entire January salary to God as a 'first fruit' offering, so that God will bless the rest of the year!
haba, doesn't she except that people have rents, mortgages and bills to pay in January as well? or she just does not care? And people still fall for thse scams

What do you think jesus was doing when he observed the widow give all she has, and did not tell her to take it back, or what do you think the prophet eas doing when he allowed the widow of zarephath to prepare all she had and adtill feed him after she had told him it was all she had left, how come he did not tell her not to bother giving him to eat?

Our offerings are all based on a principle, not on our feelings
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by IdiAmin2(m): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2012
Azibalua:

What do you think jesus was doing when he observed the widow give all she has, and did not tell her to take it back, or what do you think the prophet eas doing when he allowed the widow of zarephath to prepare all she had and adtill feed him after she had told him it was all she had left, how come he did not tell her not to bother giving him to eat?

Our offerings are all based on a principle, not on our feelings

Oh I see, so it's a principle.
So the principle we learn from your story of the widow with 2 mites is 'give everything you had to live on' to your pastor - (your rent, food money, transport fares, clothing money, children's school fees) and Goooooood!!!! will take care of you cool

I swear, I have to start a church in Naija if this is the mentality people have, easy money lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Jemibee: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2012
Building Seed!!
Shiloh Seed!!
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by tunnytox(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2012
Very soon there won't be seed to sow anymore if they carry on this way grin grin
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Agimor(m): 10:07am On Mar 07, 2012
Pastor must chop i fear you o
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by omo9ja1(m): 10:13am On Mar 07, 2012
well I have just I one thing to say

The things God ask us to do may seems foolish in the eyes of men because God's way is different, You don't need any pastor to ask you or force you to bring,donante money let the Spirit of God lead you to do so.

1 Like

Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by gegee(m): 10:24am On Mar 07, 2012
another church/pastor bashing topic ? please this is becoming booooring tongue tongue
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by blacksta(m): 10:37am On Mar 07, 2012
Build an altar before God Seed what about the altar of Jesus
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2012
they need to start "get a brain" seed offering, prisoners that love their chains,

Men of God feeding on the physical while people cling to the spirtual,
The one they follow Jesus received breads and fishes and immediately heavenly "wilson teammate" plus beta calabr fish show from heaven sotay 12 ghana must go remain,

Keep hoping, you foolish ones, keeo waiting for the seed that will never grow,
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by kunlekunle: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2012
[table]What do you think jesus was doing when he observed the widow give all she has, and did not tell her to take it back, or what do you think the prophet eas doing when he allowed the widow of zarephath to prepare all she had and adtill feed him after she had told him it was all she had left, how come he did not tell her not to bother giving him to eat?[/table]

was there any result after the feeding?
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Iolo(m): 11:07am On Mar 07, 2012
This is why the states should begin collecting a 5 or 10% development levy from all religious houses.

This has potential to become a huge revenue boost for the states and local councils.
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by drills: 11:18am On Mar 07, 2012
Dont give out of compulsion or pressure, as God loves people to give with acheerful heart. You are not forced, compelled or cajoled by any pastor to give. If you Love God you will give in appreciation to God for His blessing. But always remember the principle of seed time and harvest
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Baawaa(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2012
@ poster do they force you to pay?Since your mind is not pure to what they were doing,i dont think any church force anybody to pay offering
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by highland(m): 11:40am On Mar 07, 2012
Stop discussing church issue while you don't attend one. If you think you no more then you're a complete fool.
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2012
highland:

Stop discussing church issue while you don't attend one. If you think you no more then you're a complete fool.

a fool can only know a fool.

it's high time you people break away from religious mental slavery!
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Jomiliny(m): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2012
@poster so u have nothing to do the next thing 4 u is to start posting about church. May God 4give you
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by babyboy3(m): 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
Read and digest (even download and save it)

http://www.ableministers.org/are_you_squealing_like_a_pig.pdf

Your words are like seeds. They have the ability to create death or life. Proverbs 18:20,21 says, “A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled, Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof”.

I have learnt that If you sow a financial seed of £1bn and you have no faith, negative thinking, or no expectancy, Omo you don throw-away money.

But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed and believe, and a positive thought life and have a feeling of expectancy, you would get what you want, or the seed you confess with your mouth,

Last February for nearly 2 months I confessed every morning over a certain financial issue (ok a debt around £10000) and one morning I got a letter from the bank saying thats its been written off, That was when my eyes opened (its like I saw the light) , once upon a time I would be thinking should i or not sow that seed, in the end I would sow it,

Yes I do give offering (thats why they call it free will offering)

but not by the order of a minister,
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by Sike(m): 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
gegee:

another church/pastor bashing topic ? please this is becoming booooring tongue tongue
Re: Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches by angelz(f): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
may God show us d way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Timothy Omotoso Denied Bail In South Africa / Flee Sexual Sins / OPM Opens Its 14th Free Nursery And Primary Schools In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.