Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Is 2pac Overrated? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is 2pac Overrated? (4988 Views)

Is 2pac Dead Or Alive? Proof Of New Song / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by yoji: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
To be d greatest rapper takes more than raw rhyme ability. Its a combination of rhyme ability wit the IMPACT ur career left on d scene. This makes 2pac the greatest rapper ever. Of course rappers like common ,nas, talib, jada etc were lyrical superior but that's jus a little ingredient in being the greatest. 2pac came 2 represent d struggle of d underdog in white america and making it against all odds despite dealin with a society that never gave a thug a chance and also fendin off the jealousy and envy that his success created from his own black community. Dear mama is a track that remains evergreen despite its simplistic concept.
Let me use football for example, d brazilian dennilson had more raw talent than makalele do doubt, but makalele is a greater footballer cos he had more IMPACT.
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by baslone: 9:46am On Mar 11, 2012
ifyclose2:

Well-spoken my guy. If 2pac were still alive, these people WOULD NOT be giving him all these praises.

That's an assumption!

Would Jigga be this big if BIG was alive?
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by BabaEleko(m): 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2012
All these zombies are comparing 2pac's over a decade lyrics with the current lyrics forgetting this is 2012 and PAC was 1993+. I pity your life. Music generally is being updated daily. Hip hop is being stepped up and redefined by various rappers everyday. So u thought if PAC was around now, he wouldn't have stepped up his game as the game requires. You are all kids of the 1990s, some of u were prolly 4 or 6 years old when PAC passed away. I don't blame y'all.
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by mikuz(m): 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2012
Judging by your line of argument you are doing nothing but talking trash!
What makes him the greatest of all time if you consider his style of rap too outdated for modern rap? You just said it all,the kind of lyrics we heard from him over a 'decade' ago is presently regarded as too archaic and inferior to what is obtainable in hiphop today just because rap music has obviously evolved. This alone disqualifies him from even being one of the greatest of all time. Assuming that 2pac could have stepped up his game to conform with the requirements of modern hiphop is just sheer stupid ity! Like my bro Lalaboiy said, 'Assumption is the mother of all f uck ups'. For you to be the greatest of all time you must have a style or swag that supercedes both the past and present! Abeg go learn how to argue.mtchew
Baba_Eleko: All these zombies are comparing 2pac's over a decade lyrics with the current lyrics forgetting this is 2012 and PAC was 1993+. I pity your life. Music generally is being updated daily. Hip hop is being stepped up and redefined by various rappers everyday. So u thought if PAC was around now, he wouldn't have stepped up his game as the game requires. You are all kids of the 1990s, some of u were prolly 4 or 6 years old when PAC passed away. I don't blame y'all.
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by BabaEleko(m): 5:35am On Mar 12, 2012
Niqqa, what makes 2pac the "best rapper of all time" is because while u hear talking with ur yansh, ur fav rapper is in the tattoo parlor getting tupac tattooed on his body, the others are busy listening to him in d studio for inspiration and biting off his lyrics and style. Your friends In Yankee skools are studying in poem and lyrics. The first rapper ever to have his lyrics being studied in skool and d first to have his music in the US govt archieve. Nwa, rakim et all brought political awareness into the black community but 2pac took the awareness into their homes and put the freedom struggle in to their heart. Till today, the black community still regard PAC as the "face of the black struggle musically". Pac wasn't just a lyrical dragon, he has his way of touching ur heart with it and that's the essence of hip hop and what the genre was birth upon. Being able to touch people minds positively. Listen to PAC today and u'll feel like he just recorded the song last night. That's what makes him the best of all time. I'm done with ur 90s product! Peace out!
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by BabaEleko(m): 5:35am On Mar 12, 2012
Niqqa, what makes 2pac the "best rapper of all time" is because while u hear talking with ur yansh, ur fav rapper is in the tattoo parlor getting tupac tattooed on his body, the others are busy listening to him in d studio for inspiration and biting off his lyrics and style. Your friends In Yankee skools are studying in poem and lyrics. The first rapper ever to have his lyrics being studied in skool and d first to have his music in the US govt archieve. Nwa, rakim et all brought political awareness into the black community but 2pac took the awareness into their homes and put the freedom struggle in to their heart. Till today, the black community still regard PAC as the "face of the black struggle musically". Pac wasn't just a lyrical dragon, he has his way of touching ur heart with it and that's the essence of hip hop and what the genre was birth upon. Being able to touch people minds positively. Listen to PAC today and u'll feel like he just recorded the song last night. That's what makes him the best of all time. I'm done with ur 90s product! Peace out!
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by baslone: 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2012
Well, I didn't realize greatest rappers are classed by swag! grin

Tupac is/was a rapper's RAPPER!!!! Tupac is well beyond Rap!!!!!!

I am not saying he is the greatest, but a rapper whose compilation hits(double CD)went 10times
platinum and ALL EYES ON ME(double CD) went 9platinum is a great RAPPER!! In the history of Hip Hop,
only MC Hammer, Eminem, Outkast and Notorious BIG have ever sold more that much, this includes the past
and your present day swag rappers. TILL DATE!!!!!!!!!

Jigga's highest selling album went 5plats shocked

PAC never stopped there, This man's 7DAY THEORY went 5 times platinum, R U STILL DOWN went
4times platinum and UNTIL THE END OF TIME went 3platinum!!!

Nas and Talib Kweli claims Tupac's 2Pacalypse was a source for inspiration for them!!

You think say na BEANS!!!!!! Abeg give respect to who deserves it and
stop bringing in your bling-age rappers into this.

It's an insult!!!!!! embarassed
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by amicdan(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
did some one say pac iz overrated??....ur high on dead lyricz poster.. cool cool

Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by abdurrazaq(m): 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2012
Tupac did a lot for the underdogs in the America with hid liberating and inspiring music. He might not be the best lyrically but he was bettered by only few in his lifetime. He had enough metaphor and punches to face off the beef with the so-called lyrically better rappers from the east coast.
Hiphop shouldn‘t be about metaphor, punchlines, etc but also about the importance of the message being passed with the sound. That‘s why even in death, Pac is still much more relevant and respected than many rappers alive. The only major reason why BIG still get a mention, aside remembering him on his birth/death days, is when talking about the East/West coast feud. But, Tupac has released many meaningful songs thereby immortalising himself before he died. Tupac is/was never overrated rather, he is/was mostly misinterpreted and overlooked lyrically.

Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by thecybersolutionsresource: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2012
tupac was an activist as well as a good actor. but from the perspective of an avid hip hop lover, he does not come close to the lyrical dexterity of his eastcoast counter-parts (namely-krs 1, the guru, nas, big l and of course notorious big)
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by baslone: 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2012
Shakur mastered every element, every aspect of rapping- Bishop Lamont

Shakur was a master of the flow.- Fredro Starr of Onyx

Shakur spoke with brilliance and insight as someone who bears witness to the pain of those who would never have his platform. He told the truth, even as he struggled with the fragments of his identity.-Michael Eric Dyson

Every rapper who grew up in the Nineties owes something to Tupac. He didn't sound like anyone who came before him.
"-50 Cent

State University of New York at Buffalo English professor Mark Anthony Neal argued that Shakur was an example of the "organic intellectual" expressing the concerns of a larger group.He also indicated that the death of Shakur has left a "l[b]eadership void amongst hip-hop artists.[/b]" He describes Tupac as a "walking contradiction", a status that allowed him to "make being an intellectual accessible to ordinary people."

Professor of Communications Murray Forman, of Northeastern University, stressed that the fans have succeeded in resurrecting Tupac as an ethereal life force."

Professor of Music at Northeastern University, Emmett Price, compared Shakur's public image to that of the trickster-figures of African-American folklore which gave rise to the urban "bad-man" persona of the post-slavery period. He ultimately described Shakur as a "prolific artist" who was "driven by a terrible sense of urgency" in a quest to "unify mind, body, and spirit"
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 16, 2013
end of discussion!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p9jSRxguAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRJTQ7FHx0o

^^song always makes me teary eyed.
d best!! ever!!
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by Earlyjay: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2013
Hello ♍ƺ fellow nairalanders and friends. Please don't abuse ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ or pass insults to ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥. I want to share ♍ƺ opinion and believe. 2pac was ȋ̝̊̅§ legend and he's still a hiphop and rap legend till today. Tupac music and lyrics aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ unique and can't compare it with new age rappers. He was one of the grandfather FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ hiphop music because when Tupac was alive,I N̶̲̅ε̲vε̲̣r knew of Jay Z,DMX,50 cent and many others. The new age rappers were doing there music too then, but nobody was listening to them because they were not up to the standard of ѠĤΛŦ they need to hear then. Tupac lyrics aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ emmotional and it moves the street and Tupac was the only black man that shakes the whole of america with his lyris and personallity and that was why he was killed by the US government been an activist too...because he fought FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ we black people throught out his lifetime... And Ɣo̲̣u can't compare him with Rick ross,lil wayne, jayz and the rest of the infant rappers that only sing about pussies,bitches and bottle, alcohol and weed and other stuffs ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ that. They all confirmed that Tupac was inspirational to them. Tupac ȋ̝̊̅§ a God of rap and he was inspirational to ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ too..the only rappers that tries to be ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ Tupac ȋ̝̊̅§ DmX and the illuminati bleeped him up because they want him to be with them and he refused...because he knew ѠĤΛŦ illuminatti did to Tupac..thanks FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ your understanding...1luv ♍ƺ people
Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by slimghost(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Overrated? thats taking it far. Who is a good lyricist? who is a good rhymer and who is a good deliverer? these are things you should first find out before coming here to spew shit! Yes Tupac lacked the technical skills when it comes to rhyming (wordplays,punchlines, e.t.c) but dude was one hell of a lyricist! In terms of lyrical content, nobody comes closer except Nas!

1 Like

Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by slimghost(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2013
For God's sake, Tupac kicked knowledge! Yes he was a poor free-stylist and all that but you gotta respect the things he had to say. Biggie was a better rapper but Shakur had better things to say and dude inspired over 60 percent of rap stars today. I can categorically tell you that Talib has better rap skills than Nas but dude still cant touch Nas when it comes to lyrical content.

1 Like

Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by slimghost(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Baba_Eleko: All these zombies are comparing 2pac's over a decade lyrics with the current lyrics forgetting this is 2012 and PAC was 1993+. I pity your life. Music generally is being updated daily. Hip hop is being stepped up and redefined by various rappers everyday. So u thought if PAC was around now, he wouldn't have stepped up his game as the game requires. You are all kids of the 1990s, some of u were prolly 4 or 6 years old when PAC passed away. I don't blame y'all.

Stepped up his game? you mean like these wack MC's around? Souljah boy,wacka Floka,and co. funny

1 Like

Re: Is 2pac Overrated? by slimghost(m): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
mikuz: Judging by your line of argument you are doing nothing but talking trash!
What makes him the greatest of all time if you consider his style of rap too outdated for modern rap? You just said it all,the kind of lyrics we heard from him over a 'decade' ago is presently regarded as too archaic and inferior to what is obtainable in hiphop today just because rap music has obviously evolved. This alone disqualifies him from even being one of the greatest of all time. Assuming that 2pac could have stepped up his game to conform with the requirements of modern hiphop is just sheer stupid ity! Like my bro Lalaboiy said, 'Assumption is the mother of all f uck ups'. For you to be the greatest of all time you must have a style or swag that supercedes both the past and present! Abeg go learn how to argue.mtchew

You are talking rubbish! If Nas with his "story telling" style got 13 Grammy Nominations, Tupac would still be king today if he were alive. Truth is, Garbage music is selling a lot nowadays but Tupac was one hell of an intelligent MC's who knew when to say the right things in his songs! His death didnt necessarily make him great, his works did. After all Eazy is dead too and was quite controversial, so how come death didnt make him great too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao / VIDEO: Qdot – Wo!! (refix Cover) [DOWNLOAD] / Leak Music: Flavour – Oyi (remix) Ft Tiwa Savage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.