Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

How Can I Design A Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Design A Website? (1390 Views)

How Do I Design My Blog Like Linda Ikeji's Blog With Frames >>new In Blogosphere / I Will Tell The Secrets On How I Design Websites. / How Can I Design A Portal Like Jambonline.com. Pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Design A Website? by mj(m): 7:22am On Mar 23, 2006
I really wish to learn how to design a website but I dont have the money to employ a website designer or go for lectures.Can someone please help me?Thanks.
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by agozie: 7:51am On Mar 23, 2006
MJ,

I dont think you have a problem,i think the best thing you will do is to buy a book on that and become a self tutor.

Regards

Agozie
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by beyunce(f): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2006
i think you need Seun's help.
y not disscus with him.
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by my2cents(m): 6:47pm On May 01, 2006
I am thinking of coming home to start a one-month seminar on that very topic and more. If I get enough pple, I will start one soonest. Is this something any of you would be interested in?
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by Cactus(m): 10:07pm On May 01, 2006
Read one of those DUMMIES books kinda useful at times but they provide just the basic info, if u are lookin 4 advanced design/coding/implementation, take into consideration oreilly books
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by Rahim(m): 4:33am On May 02, 2006
I have ben using a website that has everything you'll need to set up a professional website without any training.

Go to www.cedihost.com.
You can register a domain.
Design a professional website from their "website tonight" application. The application is so simple it offers a do-it-yourself graphic user interface which anyone can use.
Trust me, if you know to use a word processor like Microsoft word, you can use this program.
They also offer the cheapest hosting, at $3.99/month.

Try it, and you'll not regret it.
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by LovelyDash(m): 2:49pm On May 02, 2006
Hello,
You can search the web for the materials/tutorial on how to design website.
regards,
Lovely_
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by my2cents(m): 3:21pm On May 02, 2006
Cactus,

Those DUMMIEs books have always rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, I am not a dummy LOL (I hope you caught the humor in that. I am not attacking you personally grin)

To others: It's cool to google any tutorial of your liking, but if you don't have the means with which to practice (PC, servers, etc - of course assuming he doesn't have any), what good is it? Reading a tutorial about how to program, in say, PHP, isn't the same as reading a tutorial on how a tractor works.

Just a thought grin
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by Cactus(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2006
lol
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by iybabe(f): 11:52am On May 03, 2006
Iam a novice too in Information technology and have ideas on what i can do if i have a website that can get people interested in visiting me.I hope the genius can help us (do it yourself method)-shoooo awuful cannot run my belle
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by mj(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2006
I really Appreciate Your concerns in this mater,Thanks.MJ
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by Afam(m): 11:00am On May 20, 2006
You can learn web design by using Microsoft frontpage that is almost a common feature on Windows platform or get a MAcromedia Dreamweaver and install it on a computer you have a lot of access to.

Any of these two will guide you (they all come with inbuilt user guides) to learn all you need to learn in setting up websites looking at it from a beginner level.

But if you are interested in learning something that will make you money if you want to become a professional, learn PHP, its all you need to do automagical things on the web.

Always ask questions when in doubt and do not hurry about it otherwise na vex you go take scatter your computer be dat.

Good luck.
Re: How Can I Design A Website? by iybabe(f): 12:24pm On May 22, 2006
My brothers/sisters,

Iam still fumbling with my blog and i just seem not to know my left from right as in editing template iam using-Iwant to be able to link others and be linked but iam only seeing computer jargon in the navbar and iam lost.

check

http://naijanetprenuer..com

(1) (Reply)

Who Developed This Site / THE SECRET CODE: The Master Key That Gives You Everything You Want On Internet / ###empowerment Online: 100% Free Web Training Class (batch23). Click To Join Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.