Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days (12529 Views)

''Free Zakzaky'' Protest By Students & Corpers In Abuja (Photos) / Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ / Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Mbeki: 8:25am On Mar 07, 2012
Due to inhuman treatment meted to Nigerians by South African Authorities, not minding that Nigeria and Nigerians made DSTV and MTN richer beyond their dreams, All MTN subscribers all over the country will switch off their phone just for one minute everyday  by 12:00 noon for 7 days. One minute switch off protest will make MTN lose N500 million naira. Let's show them  the power of population. The power of Naija!
Take this as your token contribution to redeem Nigeria's image world wide.

SWITCH OFF MTN LINE PROTEST BY 12:00 NOON FOR 7 DAYS, starting from today! 7/3/2012

We should retaliate in whatever way to prove a point that our sovereignty can no longer be taken for granted.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Bawss1(m): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2012
WTH? My phone stays on.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Mbeki: 9:15am On Mar 07, 2012
Bawss1:

WTH? My phone stays on.

My phone stays off! what an unpatriotic statement?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Bawss1(m): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2012
Suit yourself. I find such talk like "without us they would be nothing" repulsive especially when it comes to foreigners and multinationals. If we are really all that we would have come up with our own coys/solutions to meet our needs.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Mbeki: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2012
is people like you who take all sort of rubbish from people, simply because of your low self esteem!
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Mobinga: 9:25am On Mar 07, 2012
LMFAO @ Switching off my phone? grin

My phone stays on.

MTN is useless, we know. Not turning off anything for a protest that has no head or tail.

Get the phuck out of here.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Babamide(m): 9:31am On Mar 07, 2012
Wetin concern us with protest. We no dey run comot for naija, plus mtn employs a good number of nigerians to run their operation.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by dustydee: 9:35am On Mar 07, 2012
Just like I thought. tongue
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Mbeki: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2012
Babamide:

Wetin concern us with protest. We no dey run comot for naija, plus mtn employs a good number of nigerians to run their operation.
People like you have never travel out of their compound, that's why you don't know international politics
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by AJpikin: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2012
U guys have like 4 other networks to choose from, just dump the sim if their service isn`t good enough!
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Akanniade(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2012
Mbeki:

Due to inhuman treatment meted to Nigerians by South African Authorities, not minding that Nigeria and Nigerians made DSTV and MTN richer beyond their dreams, All MTN subscribers all over the country will switch off their phone just for one minute everyday  by 12:00 noon for 7 days. One minute switch off protest will make MTN lose N500 million naira. Let's show them  the power of population. The power of Naija!

SWITCH OFF MTN LINE PROTEST BY 12:00 NOON FOR 7 DAYS, starting from today! 7/3/2012

We should retaliate in whatever way to prove a point that our sovereignty can no longer be taken for granted.

Not trying to justify SA action but do you ever wonder what the nigerians are doin over there. I stayed in SA for a while I saw many of my country men jobless doin all kinds of menial jobs they wud be ashamed to do in nigeria. How many South africans do you see hawking perfumes on streets of lagos, setting up churches with no defined means of livelyhood, smuggling drugs etc.
Lets face it nigerian govt. and people provided the atmosphere for dstv and mtn to thrive. If nigerian govt had assisted a company like HItv, dstv wud not dominate the market. You call for boycott of mtn lines. Do you know how many nigerians will become jobless? We are clearly a troubled nation, lets not blame others for woes.
There are diplomatic solutions to the deportation saga, more strigent visa issuance to south africans. Raising tarriffs on goods shipped from SA etc.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Bawss1(m): 10:42am On Mar 07, 2012
Akanniade:

Not trying to justify SA action but do you ever wonder what the nigerians are doin over there. I stayed in SA for a while I saw many of my country men jobless doin all kinds of menial jobs they wud be ashamed to do in nigeria. How many South africans do you see hawking perfumes on streets of lagos, setting up churches with no defined means of livelyhood, smuggling drugs etc.
Lets face it nigerian govt. and people provided the atmosphere for dstv and mtn to thrive. If nigerian govt had assisted a company like HItv, dstv wud not dominate the market. You call for boycott of mtn lines. Do you know how many nigerians will become jobless? We are clearly a troubled nation, lets not blame others for woes.
There are diplomatic solutions to the deportation saga, more strigent visa issuance to south africans. Raising tarriffs on goods shipped from SA etc.

I personally know some former classmates of mine who are doing just that. Little wonder why our country has a bad rep internationally.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Vansnickers: 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
Mbeki:

My phone stays off! what an unpatriotic statement?

Says the Guy whose User-Name is the Name of the last President of SA.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Akwenukemarho(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
@mbeki, i commend your patriotic spirit, and in reality what the south African authorities did was unpardonable, a country that has benefited from us in numerous ways, but i don't blame them, i blame the foolish leaders of this country, they have put us in this derogatory state and we allowed them do it without opposition and thus we should not complain. just forget about switching off phones that's not going to solve anything, what this country needs is a SNC so that we can know where we stand, cos right now i'm ashamed of been a Nigerian,  This country has a very bad reputation overseas. i believe if care is not taken, it'll get to a time where you'll be arrested abroad just for affiliating with a Nigerian and you'll be stoned to death for been a Nigerian, it's that bad,

Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Afam4eva(m): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
What exactly will switching of our phones achieve. Who will lose? I think the poverty in this country has destroyed the psyche of Nigerians. What a silly way to protest.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by DAY12(m): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
Mbeki:

AH, MO'GBE!

Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by yuzedo: 2:05pm On Mar 07, 2012
Mbeki:

I DEY LAFF!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Vavavoom(m): 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2012
lol, after our so called leaders loot and stack it up in SA you need me to turn off my phone as a form of protest because a senator was affected this time and he complained to his be-in-co looters in the house. I feel pity for the other 124 caught in the diplomatic row with that dishonorable ''sinator''. When we are ready we will TURN ON our phones and call people within to protest against a government that cares nothing about her people. Until then let SA continue to deport thieving ''legislooters''/executhieves/governors and council men.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Bawss1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by matrixme(m): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
How foolish that plan sounds? Are we fighting a country or the entrepreneurs in it? In as much as I don't so much like the MTN brand, I won't let out my bitterness over such a baseless, political standpoint.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Wadosky(m): 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
if we are protesting against high tariff,I will understand and comply.what about other countries like UK and USA were Nigerians are subjected to inhuman treatment?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by chipet(m): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
Switching off phones wont change anything!, And how many ppl will switch off their phones?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
Vavavoom:

lol, after our so called leaders loot and stack it up in SA you need me to turn off my phone as a form of protest because a senator was affected this time and he complained to his be-in-co looters in the house. I feel pity for the other 124 caught in the diplomatic row with that dishonorable ''sinator''. When we are ready we will TURN ON our phones and call people within to protest against a government that cares nothing about her people. Until then let SA continue to deport thieving ''legislooters''/executhieves/governors and council men.

hahahahahaha. . . . you can say that again!!!

Rubbish! i should switch off my line. . . . Arrant nonsense.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
If you are a Nigerian and you still use mtn, you should be ashamed of yourself. switch to Glo now and God will bless you.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
Arosa:

If you are a Nigerian and you still use mtn, you should be ashamed of yourself. switch to Glo now and God will bless you.  

Bigger shame on you for staying in uk and ordering us down here. God bless you
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by pheyus10(m): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2012
A day old baby with a perfect set of teeth,

In my own opinion, 5minutes is not too bad, cry shocked grin
lets make it 5minutes daily between 12noon to 12:05pm , tongue undecided
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
desthan:

Bigger shame on you for staying in uk and ordering us down here. God bless you

If I were in naija I would use Glo only.  wink
PS I'am here in the interest of naija, I don't have to tell you what I'am doing here.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2012
Arosa:

If I were in naija I would use Glo only. wink

Shut the Bleep up men and find something constructive to do with your time.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
desthan:

Shut the bleep up men and find something constructive to do with your time.

You are a ninny. do I need to remind you?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by greall12(m): 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
Let Join hand together,i am using 2 line MTN and AIRTEL i have switch to my Airtel now.
PLssssssssssssssssssss let do it.
God bless u if you do so
god bless Nigeria.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by ayusman16(m): 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
If I were in naija I would use Glo only.  
PS I'am here in the interest of naija, I don't have to tell you what I'am doing here.

If you have the interest of Nigeria at heart then what are you doing in the UK washing plates and cleaning toilets? Guy, come back and do it, We get plent plates to wash
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
Look at this second class black monkey, opening your mouth from your new adopted home. It's your type that gives this country a bad image

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ACF - Force Will Not Stop Boko-Haram / APC Supported Amaechi To Disgrace Jonathan / Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.