Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi (5278 Views)

Five Ex-permanent Secretaries To Face Trial For Alleged Corruption / FG Shuts 12 Depot 4 Flagrantly Disregarding The Government Directive / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by mukina2: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
Eight police officers of the Abia State Command are undergoing trial for allegedly disregarding the Acting Inspector General’s order banning police from mounting check-points and individual patrolling on highways.

The officers were caught by the AIG’s monitoring team while visiting commands to ascertain compliance with directives on illegal detention and long detention without trial.

In response, the State Police Commissioner, Bala Hassan insists that his Command has fully complied with the acting IGP Mohammed Abubakar’s directive, saying that the AIG’s directive did not imply that policemen should not be seen on the roads.

In his words, “It is not true that there should be no police patrol on the roads. Only roadblocks are banned, vehicular and foot patrols are not affected”.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/07/police-officers-undergo-trial-for-disregarding-ig%E2%80%99s-order-on-checkpoints/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by Walexsammy(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
WTF are dey blocking road 4,even after d blocking dey dnt search they only use it as a means of nt missing out on any vehicle(as per their Egunje)
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by amtheone(m): 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2012
Serve them right. They tot dat IG was joking.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by BigBenoski(m): 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
jail them all! Along aba-ph express way(abt 45mins drive) alone, there are about 12 police checkpoints. There mission? #50 'tax' collection ofcourse. There is also this effizy sqaud (they dorn red berets) sandwiched between the regulars. Hmnn, u dare not approach them with #50 o! U'l have 2 pack, walk some 50yards 2 there truck-turned office and deliver between #100 and #200. . . Just lock them all up and throw d key into the dead sea!
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by Ournaija: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
Which one be foot patrol?
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by Ournaija: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
Long throat no go gree them comply. tongue
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by sleekcm(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2012
@BigBenosky, you are on point! Those red beret guys who call themselves ATS - Anti Terrorism Squad, are looting on the Aba-PH road. I hope this IG is 4 real, the roads are a lot easier to travel through now the men in black have gone.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by sunny2011: 6:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
I hope this exercise is not d more u look d less u see. Every time a new IG is appointed, he dismantle rb but after a while it is biz as usual. The top hierachy are also rogered by d officer sent to rd block or else u will not be posted ou again. Only God will deliver our police and this country from corruptn.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by bros856: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
Please anybody that is close to IGP should tell him to create a Police complain web site like this nairaland where people can report locations of violation of his orders, i believe he will be amaze at the numbers of his officers involve.

In Akwa Ibom and Rivers states police are still on the road collecting 50 and 100 naira, they will never hear. Am ashame of our police force.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by sunny2011: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
Creating police compiaint web is not d issue. Nigerians have been compaining a out the activities of this officers at check point, but it never abated.who will sanction them. Is it d same DPO? 'All correct" sir
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by akin33(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
God punish them. We have no police yet, except FG boys. The current policing only protect govs nt me & u.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by beespak7(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
Police, police, police, wetin egunje no dey tire una?
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by jey70s(m): 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
My experience from the Nigeria Police road blocks as l was traveling to Ondo State along Ile Ife express way with a passenger bus we meant alot of road blocks blocked by Police and the driver of the bus gave money to all the check point on the road at a particular time the bus driver run out of change when we got to another road block the Police demand for money from the drive and he replied give the change has i haved given all change out to other road blocks and the Police man got mad said l don't need your money again now let me do my proper duty now get down show me all your particulare, all your paper and he gave him all which were are complete, he took the police man about 10min check the document and all is ok and the drive didn't give him money again and allow us go very shameful,
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by seunlayi(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
I'm expecting more to come. Lol

1 Like

Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by REVOLUTNIS: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
nIGERIan police officers are the most useless people on earth.
they should all be killed and drop for the vultures.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by MrEverest(m): 10:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
I have been studying this new police chief with interest, despite the hullabaloo that greeted his unveiling bothering on incompetence, he is gradually proving critics wrong, though its not uhuru yet but i have this conviction that he means business. the south east in particular have lost billions of naira to those criminals in uniform, from porth harcourth-Enugu exp to Owerri-Onitsha highway the story is the same, infact someone actually joked that police extortion points are the only federal presence noticeable in Igboland! Bravo IG.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by LEXYLOV: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
He no easy nah he go take 10yrs before that order go fit manifest oga IG. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
They should fire them from the police. One of the reasons  there is no organized police in Nigeria is this ignoring of order. How would 8 officers not respect the order? This is surprising to my understanding on how things work in that country.
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by kunlej2: 7:03am On Mar 08, 2012
along kano kaduna road. there are still aboup 2 check points. are these ones exempted from the order?
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by sunny2011: 7:17am On Mar 08, 2012
I'm
not surprise about the level of compliance. The directive is new to them,they can alwaya circumvent it and go scot free
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by legendsilver(m): 9:56am On Mar 08, 2012
i love this, sum still tink say na joke him day joke. God catch them
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 08, 2012
NOTHING CAN STOP POLICE CHECKPOINTS. . .CUZ ALL THE BAS.TA.RDS HAVE TO DO IS TAKE OFF THEIR UNIFORMS AND TURN TO FULL TIME ROBBERY. . .I'LL ADVICE THE IGP TO ALLOW THEM CONTINUE THEIR PART-TIME ROBBERY. . . sad
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by obiyor2000: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2012
there are some of them in okigwe road owerri imo state now collecting money from people now
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by sirjec(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
What are they patrolling the road for? They should just have a rapid response team at strategic positions and distribute phone numbers to everybody to call in case of emmergency
Re: 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi by sirjec(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
We don't need road blocks. All we need is rapid response team fully equipped to combat crimes and situated in strategic positions in every state. Then they should distribute phone numbers to everybody to call in in case of emergency.

Okumagba roundabout is still notorious.

Good work IGP

(1) (Reply)

Politics Without Spiritual Fortification Is Death.Is It True? / Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate / Father Mbaka,spits Fire Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.