Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? (5593 Views)

He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. / What Is The exact Date For 2012 Batch B Passing Out / NYSC Mobilisation Time Table For 2012 Batch 'C' - NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by ileki: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2012
Goodday all, I need information on the next registration for NYSC for foreign students (2012). In addition, by next year I will be 30 years of age by July. Is it necessary for me to serve? Thanks
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by RiffRaff: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2012
By april d Registration starts. Since u are Turnin 30 Soon. Just wait & get an Exemption Certificate.
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by Mailisegbe: 11:04am On Mar 14, 2012
Just find something lucrative and continue on it. Wait and get an EXEMPTION letter.
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by Mailisegbe: 11:04am On Mar 14, 2012
Just find something lucrative and continue on it. Wait and get an EXEMPTION letter.
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by tboy1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2012
I thought you only get an exemption if you graduated after 30 years old? Not if you are over 30 years old

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by Damysa(f): 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2012
^^^^ what if one is over 30yrs and still wish to serve, is this possible?? I have a foreign trained grad. who is over 30yrs and wants to have NYSC experience, can he be allowed to.
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by tboy1(m): 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2012
Damysa: ^^^^ what if one is over 30yrs and still wish to serve, is this possible?? I have a foreign trained grad. who is over 30yrs and wants to have NYSC experience, can he be allowed to.

Why does he want to serve when most people want to avoid it..I am looking for any Valid reason to avoid it
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by Damysa(f): 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
Dont think there any thing wrong in Serving apart from the security challenges been faced right now in the North.
Let's just say one man's meat, another man's poison.

so can he still serve after 30yrs
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2012
PEOPLE LISTEN UP AND LISTEN GOOD. . .

THE Rule of 30 in NYSC states;

IF you are 30 and above at the time of Graduation, you will be exempted from National service. .

Now this simply means that if you graduated at 29 and waited for 3 years (32 years) before applying for National service, you will serve. So that person advicing a fellow to wait till he turns thirty before he served just gave him an advice borne out of ignorance. . .

Knowledge is Power. . .

The gods have spoken. . . The gods are wise
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by tboy1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2012
Damysa: Dont think there any thing wrong in Serving apart from the security challenges been faced right now in the North.
Let's just say one man's meat, another man's poison.

so can he still serve after 30yrs

So far he graduated before 30 years old, he will serve. Only exemption is if he graduated after 30
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by Damysa(f): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2012
I think he graduated at 31 he is turning 32 this year
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by tboy1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2012
No NYSC for him
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by TheArbiter: 8:36am On Mar 16, 2012
Okija juju has the correct facts. If on graduation, your 1st degree certificate places your age below 30 years then you are eligible for NYSC even if you are 40 years old by the time you come back to Naija. You can choose to unilaterally avoid it but remember, no govt, corporate or political jobs for you.

As regards the registration, if your first degree is from a Nigerian institution, you go to your alma mater and register. If your alma mater is abroad, then you pop into any regional NYSC office with copies of your documents and register. Registration usually begins after the current NYSC orientation ends.

Hope you find this helpful.
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by easyfem(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
◦°◦Ɣξα˚◦˚ is damn right
Re: When Is The Next Registration For NYSC For Foreign Students For 2012? by Vincent41(m): 12:58am On Mar 26, 2012
Pls will there be June/july batch for nysc dis yr?

(1) (Reply)

NYSC: See Orientation And Winding/passing Out Dates / Breaking News! NYSC 2015 Batch ‘B’ Prospective Corpers Can Now Check Senate List / How Can One Change Local Government In Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.