Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

991 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 991 (1259 Views)

991 / 991 / 991 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

991 by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 08, 2012
Re: 991 by Dyt(f): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2012
absolute nottin wrong wit gettin preg outta wedlock
d parents were jst so bad wat ur frnd did 2 dere baby gal
Re: 991 by denitro(m): 9:17am On Mar 08, 2012
Your friend should be celebrating,
Once they release him he should get a good lawyer and he ll smile all the
way to the bank,
Re: 991 by tpia5: 11:29am On Mar 08, 2012
Its a crime to the girl's family but its never advisable to lock a guy up for such.

As long as the s.ex was consensual, you cant blame the man alone.

Lord have mercy.
Re: 991 by Ptolomeus(m): 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
991:

Fellow Nairalanders, I decided to post this thread so you can share your views on it. Last year a friend of mine was arrested for allegedly impregnating his girlfriend (aged 20). The parents of the girl asked the girl who was responsible and she called my friend, the next morning the parents stormed my friend’s house with the police, the police disfigured my friend’s face with torture at the order of the girl’s father, he was later locked up in police custody for weeks. I know for sure that things like this happen always in this country. My question is “is there anywhere in Nigerian constitution that pledges such an inhuman treatment to men just because they are not yet married to the mother of their child”?
Dear friend:
I'm a foreigner. I do not know the laws of Nigeria, but I would like to explain something.
Even in a country there is a law, that law is worthless if international law says otherwise.
I try to explain.
Although there is a law in Nigeria (the country or whatever) to the contrary, international law (look you google the universal declaration of human rights)
1. Do not allow the emergence of the police in a private home in a violent manner.
2. Do not let the police entry into a home without a court order, after the sunset and to exit it.
3. The physical constraint (beating, torture, etc, ) Will be punished according to international standards.
4. When stopping a person by the police, he shall report immediately to the court (the judiciary) who will determine the procedure to be followed by the police.
None of this has happened, just the opposite.
It is possible (I do not know) that Nigeria will be checked obligation to marry a man became pregnant a woman under 21.
But I can assure you that the police procedure warrants a complaint before a judge, and international support for his friend.
I hope this helps.
My greetings!
Re: 991 by alexleo(m): 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
what your friend did is bad and sinful both before God and men. The father of the girl was angry and of course he should be.
Re: 991 by Ptolomeus(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
alexleo:

what your friend did is bad and sinful both before God and men. The father of the girl was angry and of course he should be.
Wrong and sinful is what you just did.
Who are you to judge a person?
What powers do you have? Are you god himself?
Are you judging someone who forcibly entered the home and beat with no legal rights?
You defend such actions? Their god defend that sort of thing?
Yours parents were not taught to respect others? Not taught manners and respect?
You should be ashamed of making comments like that!
Take my sound advice: Leave the religious fanaticism and start respecting others.

(1) (Reply)

Tell The Whole World Now Christianity Is Not A Religion!!! / Female Taliban Suicide Bomber Hates The Idea Of Virgins In Heaven / OLAADEGBU, So COLIN'S Was Right. Sis.linder Ngaujah YOU Relied On To Shut Him Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.