Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8267655 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 6:11am On Jan 22, 2016
mompurity2:
my tummy wasn't really that flat oooo, but d difference is clear. most of my skirts nd jeans esp really dnt fit....For now av been rocking gowns to work.

@goldmine, abi. I ws so bothered that I had to google and saw that some oyibo ppl's bump evn showed as early as 7wks. Na wetin don calm me dwn so.

@blessedtwins, congratz dearie. May sounds of joy be heard always in ur home.

I saw a lot of cutties yestday bt cudnt comment. Ya'all are doing a fabulous job. Can't wait to offload and join u guys wink
This my team mate wey don leave me go far...chai. Went to antenatal clinic where I registered. The gynae only used hands and measured my tummy, I was disappointed cos I was expecting him to order for a scan for me. So 11weeks now not done a single scan. He told me to come back in 2weeks time. Not sure I can wait til then ooo ..I intend going to do it on my own today. Hubby says am not showing yet but my jackets are not comfortable again on me if I button them completely, am not also comfortable with skirts and jeans on my stomach again ooo. So everything is won under the stomach on my waist. I feel more comfortable on leggings than jeans now. I didn't want to start showing too early. ..dollar rate too high to start buying clothes now oo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 6:18am On Jan 22, 2016
Threadcuties yesterday was fun. God bless all the LOs and reward their mamas.

Yeah pls sabi mamas in the house, there's a matter arising from a friend of mine.
She had a baby in August and coincidentally got pregnant again but unfortunately went to abort it on Wednesday, Jan 13.
Monday, Jan 18, her dh accidentally released in her and she's scared of another pregnancy. Though she intends to do family planning next month but wants to know if the last dtd might result to pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 6:22am On Jan 22, 2016
BritneyStacy:

This my team mate wey don leave me go far...chai. Went to antenatal clinic where I registered. The gynae only used hands and measured my tummy, I was disappointed cos I was expecting him to order for a scan for me. So 11weeks now not done a single scan. He told me to come back in 2weeks time. Not sure I can wait til then ooo ..I intend going to do it on my own today. Hubby says am not showing yet but my jackets are not comfortable again on me if I button them completely, am not also comfortable with skirts and jeans on my stomach again ooo. So everything is won under the stomach on my waist. I feel more comfortable on leggings than jeans now. I didn't want to start showing too early. ..dollar rate too high to start buying clothes now oo.
Wait till end of first trimester which is 13weeks to go for a scan. By then, the baby has all the organs and will be measured to give accurate result. So I think that 2weeks the doc asked you to come back is viable and you can request for a scan

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 22, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oritseneye(f): 7:34am On Jan 22, 2016
sayoddy:
Threadcuties yesterday was fun. God bless all the LOs and reward their mamas.

Yeah pls sabi mamas in the house, there's a matter arising from a friend of mine.
She had a baby in August and coincidentally got pregnant again but unfortunately went to abort it on Wednesday, Jan 13.
Monday, Jan 18, her dh accidentally released in her and she's scared of another pregnancy. Though she intends to do family planning next month but wants to know if the last dtd might result to pregnancy.
It shouldn't result to pregnancy cos it's jus 5days from when she aborted to when she had intercourse. She wouldn't have produced another egg tht would result to pregnancy in jus 5days
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Which brand of blender is it please? ?? Have you tried blending carrots and veggies with it? I want to buy a blender

Yes have blended carrot and veggies hassle free coz, I use it to blend my smoothies (I never get smoothie blender) smiley The name is L S (LS-919V).....Google is thy friend.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2016
Lemme laff like Firsttymum. ..kikkikikikkikikikii @ accidental release cheesy cheesy cheesy....na gun?
Sorry Sayoddy, no help here. embarassed
Na she suppose request for FP straight or insist on CD from dh.

Abi d DnC no dey pain ni? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cassieluv: 7:51am On Jan 22, 2016
Good morning to everyone in this blessed house. Had to pop in and say congrats to all mama's dat have put to bed, may God bless ur LO and grant u wisdom, good health and d provision to cater for them.

To all mama's still pushing...it wld end in praise for us IJN, my team mates #teamJune# I dey salute una.

And to all sisters ATC, get set cus ur miracle has arived IJN.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enince08: 7:51am On Jan 22, 2016
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are the off-coloured stripes or streaks formed on the skin as a result of swift stretching of skin or weight changes. They mainly appear on abdomen due to pregnancy or obesity. In dermatology, they are termed as Striae. They are formed due to hormonal changes related to pregnancy, puberty, hormone replacement therapy, etc. Stretch marks can be commonly seen on waist, thighs, lower backs, hips, breasts, arms, and buttocks. How are these stretch marks formed? The skin of the human body consists of three main layers:

Epidermis (the outer layer)
Dermis (the middle layer)
Hypodermic (the deepest and third layer)

When the connective tissue is stretched due to the expansion and contraction of skin, the stretch marks starts developing on the dermis or the middle layer of the skin. With the stretch in skin, the collagen gets weak, and the elastin fibres start tearing. Due to this, its normal production cycle gets damaged or interrupted. This results in the formation of fine scars under the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Initially, they appear red or pink, but gradually, they turned into thin silvery line.
Causes

Stretch marks are not a disease, which infects the human body, but are the scars formed due to contraction and expansion of skin. They are basically caused by stretching of the skin. Their appearance depends on the type of skin. These ugly stretch marks are....

Read full helpful article here... http://www.longtermshealthsinsurances.net/17-home-remedies-to-heal-stretch-marks-quickly/

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:52am On Jan 22, 2016
olubankemi:

Thank you ma.

God is faithful to answer everyone.

How is LO?
she is fine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2016
BritneyStacy:

lol @dollar rate being too high. As for bigger clothes, I bought some wears I can rock and still rock in d first few weeks of being preggy (in faith) so I gat some small clothes Sha...... Hmmmn, u try to hv waited ds long for a scan ooooo. Me I no fit, Infact I can't wait to have another @12wks. I dnt think too much scan is harmful to LO ooooo. I had to google it yestday when I saw someone say too much is harmful. After all the money wey pesin don spend for TVS.....ultrasound scan is evn cheaper. I cant chill oooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 8:53am On Jan 22, 2016
tyconcepts:

Yes have blended carrot and veggies hassle free coz, I use it to blend my smoothies (I never get smoothie blender) smiley The name is L S (LS-919V).....Google is thy friend.
Thanks. ..make I run go check am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 9:04am On Jan 22, 2016
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful

All praises are for Allah SWT, the most Compassionate, the most Forgiving.

Salutations and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad SAW, his family and companions.

Oh Allah, I submit myself to You.

I realise that parenting a child is a very difficult task and I turn to You in humility for Your help.

I implore You for Your wisdom and guidance.

Oh Allah, I know that our children are an amaanat from You, to care for and to raise in a manner that is pleasing to You.

Help me do that in the best way.

Teach me how to love in a way that You would have me love.

Help me where I need to be healed, improved, nurtured, and made whole.

Help me walk in righteousness and integrity so that You may always be pleased with me.

Allow me to be a God-fearing role model with all the communication, teaching, and nurturing skills that I may need.

Oh Allah, You know what our children need. Help and guide us in praying for our children.

Oh Allah, put a hedge of safety around our children. Protect their bodies, minds, and emotions from any kind of evil and harm.

Oh Allah, I pray that You protect them from accidents, diseases, injuries, and any other physical, mental, or emotional afflictions and abuse.

Oh Allah, I pray that You keep our children free from any addictions and vices.

Draw them close to You for protection from every ill and evil influence of our society, whether it’s apparent to us or not.

Oh Allah, grant them the best of company as their friends — people who will inspire them to love and worship and obey You.

Oh Allah, grant our children hidaaya and a heart that loves to obey You.

Shine Your light on any secret or unseen rebellion in their hearts and destroy it before it takes root.

Oh Allah, guide them away from any pride, selfishness, jealousy, hypocrisy, malice, and greed and make them uncomfortable with sins.

Penetrate their hearts with Your love and reverence today and always.

Oh Allah, make apparent to them the truth in any situation and let them not be misled by falsehood.

Oh Allah, grant our children the ability to make clear decisions and let them always be attracted to good things that are pure, noble, true, and just.

Oh Allah, guide them in making choices that please You.

Oh Allah, help them to taste the sweetness of walking with a humble spirit in obedience and submission to You.

Oh Allah, grant them the wisdom to choose their words carefully and bless them with a generous and caring spirit.

Oh Allah, I pray that they never stray from the path of deen and that You give them a future filled with Your best promises.

Oh Allah, always keep our children cleansed and pure from evil and shaytaan.

Oh Allah, keep them steadfast in establishing Salaah and help them revere the Glorious Quran as Your Word and Law and to read it with understanding daily. Let it be their source of light and guidance.

Oh Allah, let our daughters love wearing hijab and our sons the dress of a humble Muslim.

Let their dress be a representation of their Imaan and of their love and respect for Your commands.

Lead them to a position where they rely truly on Your power alone and fear You in the open and in secret.

Oh Allah, make them so strong in their deen that they never encounter doubt.

Oh Allah, do not allow any negative attitudes in the place of our children’s lives.

Oh Allah, guide our children in honouring and obeying You, Your Rasool (peace be upon him), and us as parents (when we are commanding that which is pleasing to You).

Make them the coolness of our eyes.

Oh Allah, fill our children with compassion and caring that will overflow to each member of our family.

Oh Allah, grant them piety.

Oh Allah, help them love, value, appreciate, and respect one another with good communication between them always.

Oh Allah, drive out any division between our children and bring them healing.

I pray there be no strain, breach, misunderstanding, arguing, fighting, or severing of ties.

Oh Allah, grant them righteous, God-fearing, kind, hard-working, intelligent, beautiful, healthy spouses who get along with and respect and love (and genuinely enjoy) every member of our family and who lead our children (i.e. their spouses) even closer to You and Jannat ul Firdaus.

Oh Allah, please grant me the company of pious friends, relatives, extended community members, and teachers who will be inspirational role models for my children and will help me raise them to be the best of believers.

Oh Allah, please don’t let me become self-satisfied and arrogant in my parenting, but please don’t humble me or shame me through my children’s misdeeds either. Please let me always give credit for their good character to You and please don’t ever let me stop praying for them.

Oh Allah, please don’t let my children be “late” in meeting any of life’s milestones that are expected of them.

Oh Allah, protect my children from debt. Make them givers and not takers.

Oh Allah, grant my children noble professions with halal incomes that give them respect and dignity in Your Eyes and in the eyes of their fellow human beings.

Oh Allah, grant them worldly comfort so that my children can come to You through the Door of Gratitude and so that they are not forced to come to You through the Door of Patience. Please let them always be grateful…and patient.

Oh Allah, I pray for a close, loving, happy and fulfilling relationship with them for all the days of our lives and to be reunited with them in Jannat ul Firdaus.

Amin

jumah mubarak mamas.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 9:10am On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=Iyabetajos post=42207962]@mompurity,it depends on ur body i think cos at 15plus u will think am 6months preggy dnt know y.
@blessedmum congrats dearie.

Amen o I claim this, cant wait for d world to rejoice with me dis year. # 2016 my year of conception and easy delivery.

Blessedtwins, congrats on d arrival of ur lo, may her arrival bring plenty blessings to ur home.

@ Mompurity, plz I need ur help coz I knw u av taken m2tone b4. I need to knw if it doesnt av any negative effect on pregnancy. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 22, 2016
sayoddy:
Thanks my sister. If I request for cold water, people around will give me bad look... as in what's their own? I've googled on it and it says the womb controls the temperature around the baby and what it eats. The first time I asked for soft drinks at the market and the seller gave me a blocked coke, i've been craving it ever since. If dh asks what I want him to buy for me, he already knows the answer - 'Buy me a coke that they forget block inside'
Lols grin but please cut out the Coke o! Especially if you are in your 3rd trimester cos the speed your baby go use grow big ehn! I only drank coke/soft drinks whenever there's little or no activity from my baby and when I do the kind Jackie Chan my pikin will display is out of this world!! Chai I miss pregnancy o! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2016
Chinwendym:
Lols grin but please cut out the Coke o! Especially if you are in your 3rd trimester cos the speed your baby go use grow big ehn! I only drank coke/soft drinks whenever there's little or no activity from my baby and when I do the kind Jackie Chan my pikin will display is out of this world!! Chai I miss pregnancy o! undecided
Don't mind me, na me dem suppose use for long throat bottle. Now I'm being denied of food that i'm now big. No egg, no beverage, no anything protein. haba I no go chop again ni?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:52am On Jan 22, 2016
Lolz
ozycy:
Wow, am just coming o, I missed some pix shaa. Thanks for not taking down the pic so early. So much sweet babies here. GOD bless them all. Ahnie I sight baby Zino.
Na for CBN you dey work? grin Dis one you don't have out time again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by edrys(m): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2016
hajarahbadmus:
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful

All praises are for Allah SWT, the most Compassionate, the most Forgiving.

Salutations and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad SAW, his family and companions.

Oh Allah, I submit myself to You.

I realise that parenting a child is a very difficult task and I turn to You in humility for Your help.

I implore You for Your wisdom and guidance.

Oh Allah, I know that our children are an amaanat from You, to care for and to raise in a manner that is pleasing to You.

Help me do that in the best way.

Teach me how to love in a way that You would have me love.

Help me where I need to be healed, improved, nurtured, and made whole.

Help me walk in righteousness and integrity so that You may always be pleased with me.

Allow me to be a God-fearing role model with all the communication, teaching, and nurturing skills that I may need.

Oh Allah, You know what our children need. Help and guide us in praying for our children.

Oh Allah, put a hedge of safety around our children. Protect their bodies, minds, and emotions from any kind of evil and harm.

Oh Allah, I pray that You protect them from accidents, diseases, injuries, and any other physical, mental, or emotional afflictions and abuse.

Oh Allah, I pray that You keep our children free from any addictions and vices.

Draw them close to You for protection from every ill and evil influence of our society, whether it’s apparent to us or not.

Oh Allah, grant them the best of company as their friends — people who will inspire them to love and worship and obey You.

Oh Allah, grant our children hidaaya and a heart that loves to obey You.

Shine Your light on any secret or unseen rebellion in their hearts and destroy it before it takes root.

Oh Allah, guide them away from any pride, selfishness, jealousy, hypocrisy, malice, and greed and make them uncomfortable with sins.

Penetrate their hearts with Your love and reverence today and always.

Oh Allah, make apparent to them the truth in any situation and let them not be misled by falsehood.

Oh Allah, grant our children the ability to make clear decisions and let them always be attracted to good things that are pure, noble, true, and just.

Oh Allah, guide them in making choices that please You.

Oh Allah, help them to taste the sweetness of walking with a humble spirit in obedience and submission to You.

Oh Allah, grant them the wisdom to choose their words carefully and bless them with a generous and caring spirit.

Oh Allah, I pray that they never stray from the path of deen and that You give them a future filled with Your best promises.

Oh Allah, always keep our children cleansed and pure from evil and shaytaan.

Oh Allah, keep them steadfast in establishing Salaah and help them revere the Glorious Quran as Your Word and Law and to read it with understanding daily. Let it be their source of light and guidance.

Oh Allah, let our daughters love wearing hijab and our sons the dress of a humble Muslim.

Let their dress be a representation of their Imaan and of their love and respect for Your commands.

Lead them to a position where they rely truly on Your power alone and fear You in the open and in secret.

Oh Allah, make them so strong in their deen that they never encounter doubt.

Oh Allah, do not allow any negative attitudes in the place of our children’s lives.

Oh Allah, guide our children in honouring and obeying You, Your Rasool (peace be upon him), and us as parents (when we are commanding that which is pleasing to You).

Make them the coolness of our eyes.

Oh Allah, fill our children with compassion and caring that will overflow to each member of our family.

Oh Allah, grant them piety.

Oh Allah, help them love, value, appreciate, and respect one another with good communication between them always.

Oh Allah, drive out any division between our children and bring them healing.

I pray there be no strain, breach, misunderstanding, arguing, fighting, or severing of ties.

Oh Allah, grant them righteous, God-fearing, kind, hard-working, intelligent, beautiful, healthy spouses who get along with and respect and love (and genuinely enjoy) every member of our family and who lead our children (i.e. their spouses) even closer to You and Jannat ul Firdaus.

Oh Allah, please grant me the company of pious friends, relatives, extended community members, and teachers who will be inspirational role models for my children and will help me raise them to be the best of believers.

Oh Allah, please don’t let me become self-satisfied and arrogant in my parenting, but please don’t humble me or shame me through my children’s misdeeds either. Please let me always give credit for their good character to You and please don’t ever let me stop praying for them.

Oh Allah, please don’t let my children be “late” in meeting any of life’s milestones that are expected of them.

Oh Allah, protect my children from debt. Make them givers and not takers.

Oh Allah, grant my children noble professions with halal incomes that give them respect and dignity in Your Eyes and in the eyes of their fellow human beings.

Oh Allah, grant them worldly comfort so that my children can come to You through the Door of Gratitude and so that they are not forced to come to You through the Door of Patience. Please let them always be grateful…and patient.

Oh Allah, I pray for a close, loving, happy and fulfilling relationship with them for all the days of our lives and to be reunited with them in Jannat ul Firdaus.

Amin

jumah mubarak mamas.

Permit me to share. JazakA'llahu Khair.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2016
Congratulations ma'am blessedtwinz....chukwu'aluka.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 10:40am On Jan 22, 2016
Pls where ae the followin persons...awesomeGodihave,trending80s,nerfertitiram,stadora,harmymy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2016
Nefertitiram don buy house for that USA thread. She with Firstymum are neighbours there.

Stadora don buy apartment for the NewBorn thread.

Where is Modath?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lastbornop: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2016
Good Day to all d Mamas in d house,
i love this thread and all d selfless advice, counsel et all. May God Almighty bless everyone on ds thread beyond words.

I need help from everyone in d house. i think am 5 weeks + pregnant, this is based on my own calculation though. Been d first pregnancy, i really do not know what to do, expect or avoid. i will appreciate your help. The Doc i met said i shud come back by 3 months, he wasnt really patient to explain what to expect and avoid to me.
i want to know if i shud avoid certain food as Stew prepared by me repulses me always?
i feel nauseous but never threw up for once?
i will like to know if i can still have sex (not deep penetration) with my husband as we are newly wed?
Could my stomach be showing at this stage (5weeks), coz its really showing. (i was Slim before my wedding but now am adding real fast, dunno if its as a result of preg. or just fat)
i feel weak always, especially when i sleep am wake up.
i read smwhere about Folic Acid, so i take 1capsule M-A-N, i will like to knw if dt is adequate? Cn i use Pregnacare @ week 5?

Plz help a Sis in dilema.........
Thank you all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bintudon(f): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2016
[I will advise you use maitama,, they are good and that is where I'm attending , my first and second baby was cs and the price is ok and they took care of patient well my appointment is April
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2016
Chinwendym:
My doctor replied me this when I asked him about my iced water cravings, he said who needs cold water more than a pregnant woman? Nobody!!! Drink as much cold water as you like .
Me na ice cubes I dey chop! Ordinary water doesn't sit well with me it caused me nausea. So the only way I can keep fluids is if its very cold or iced.

As for feeling weak mine was caused by low iron levels so I'd suggest you check you HB and rest well as much as possible. Its all part of the package wink

Thanks dear. people will give all sort of advice that my baby will have ntiwa isi...dnt know d English name. I go just say back to sender to dem. some women dnt know how to talk

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 11:38am On Jan 22, 2016
sayoddy:
Since it's recommended, it's not too much o. I had two at 1st trimester, one at 7weeks to be sure it implanted in the uterine and at 12weeks to know if it still had heartbeat. Don't blame od me, I had missed abortion at 12weeks because the baby's heartbeat stopped at 8weeks in previous pregnancy. Imagine I wasted a whole 1st trimester after all the severe ms and had to restart another missionary journey but to the glory of God

@sayoddy tnx dearie.

@Blessedmum watch out for God in action.
@blessedtwins congrats dearie

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gr8fulHeart(f): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2016
Lastborn, folic acid is just once a day not M.A.N. For ur Dr pls get one u can relate with and wil b patient to atend to u. I can't imagine nt gting value for my money, mbanu, as long as u pay for visitation fee, u shd gt value 4it. Mayb u shd try a teaching hospital or govt hospital. As for sex, pls go easy on that. Jeje.
Avoid fruits lik unripe pawpaw, pineaple. U can tk more of watermelon, apple, avacado etc
5wks is too early to start showing. Unless u hv nt properly calculated it or its jst ur mind telling you dat u are showing alrdy. U can download pregnancy apps and kip tracking ur pregnancy stages. Read, google be informed. 4d nausea u can try chewing mint gum. Wat else again? Phew can't rmba. Wish u happy bumping. Lolzzz

lastbornop:
i love this thread and all d selfless advice, counsel et all. May God Almighty bless everyone on ds thread beyond words.

I need help from everyone in d house. i think am 5 weeks + pregnant, this is based on my own calculation though. Been d first pregnancy, i really do not know what to do, expect or avoid. i will appreciate your help. The Doc i met said i shud come back by 3 months, he wasnt really patient to explain what to expect and avoid to me.
i want to know if i shud avoid certain food as Stew prepared by me repulses me always?
i will like to know if i can still have sex (not deep penetration) with my husband as we are newly wed?
Could my stomach be showing at this stage (5weeks), coz its really showing. (i was Slim before my wedding but now am adding real fast, dunno if its as a result of preg. or just fat)
i read smwhere about Folic Acid, so i take 1capsule M-A-N, i will like to knw if dt is adequate? Cn i use Pregnacare @ week 5?

Thank you all.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
lastbornop:

Thank you all.
Congratulations on your positive result. If you know the date of the first day of your last menstruation accurately, then you can tell how many weeks you are. Just count how many weeks from that day till today to get the number of weeks. Start eating lots of fruits and vegetables but avoid pawpaw and pineapple at this stage. Reduce your junk consumption. People's system react differently to early pregnancy so you cannot be sure which symptoms you will experience until you actually start experiencing them. The symptoms ranges from weakness or tiredness, always feeling sleepy, insomnia, high temperature esp at night, vomiting, always feeling hungry, lack of appetite, frequent urinating ,abdominal pains etc etc. You may experience some of these symptoms and you may be fortunate not to experience any one of them! ! You need to start taking folic acid immediately on a daily basis to help your baby form properly, I think the quantity is 400mcg daily ( other mamas will confirm that for you). You can start taking your pregnacare immediately. You can go to another hospital to see another doctor who will be willing to counsel You even at this early stage. I saw a doctor at 6weeks. Please educate yourself too using google!! You can't be showing with just 5weeks pregnancy. Since you are putting on weight generally, some of the fat maybe deposited on your stomach too making it bigger. I am in the same shoes like you as I don't enjoy food I cook myself. ..I prefer another person cooking.It's part of the pregnancy package.
Other experienced mama's in the house are here to advise you too. Welcome once again...and be active on the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bintudon(f): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
[please what arm does unripe pawpaw and pineapple have to pregnant women I really need to know
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
bintudon:
[please what arm does unripe pawpaw and pineapple have to pregnant women I really need to know
They contain high quantity of bromelain an enzyme that is believed to help induce uterine contractions. So taking it in early pregnancy is believed to induce miscarriages. ...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bintudon(f): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
[thanks alot and God bless you, my pregnancy is early
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
zaynie:
Nefertitiram don buy house for that USA thread. She with Firstymum are neighbours there.

Stadora don buy apartment for the NewBorn thread.

Where is Mo?

Plesent ma... Ayam here now.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
mamas plz i have a question. since i born, whenever i lie down, i always feel one round stuff like ball for my belle. is it normal? i told one of dh friend that is a doctor, he said its nothing but i am worried. mamas wey don born una experience am?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.