Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8154411 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) (1930) (1931) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Loisemm:

*hands on my head*
yeepa... make una no pursue newcomer o. In this present economy!
cc : Mum zaynie, hmmm. Tamper justice with mercy o. Esp for we wey dey road from TTC thread. I no say I no need to talk this one 'louder!'

No mind Sugah o.....
She be apprentice wey wan sabi pass her oga angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esof1(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
soonest:

@esof1, so sorry for d pains you hv been through. Pls do your sitz bath religiously, you will heal soon and forget all d pains. Cheers
Tnx ma. But how often shud I do it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
Good evening mamas...
Mbok, I have a few questions... Please, help me...

1...... How do CS moms bathe after the surgery?

Wow... I really can't answer this. Never been close to someone who did CS. So I don't have first hand experience. But my mum did eclective CS for all of us...when she wakes up I will ask her.

2[b]..... Please, what form of birth control/family planning method is advisable/best?
[/b]

cry cry babe I still dey look for my period o. Abeg find better family planning o. Check with a health center or hospital for the best for u. I'm thinking of doing pills jare. Maybe postinor2. Cos Na once in a turquoise moon I dey do am now.

Kisses to bobo Jay

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Loisemm:

Ehn ehn? *Goes to sit in a corner to watch out for the free for all fight that is sure to happen*
whispering to Sugah * I think its a great idea. Time don reach since*
Mum Zaynie arrives with her 'louder! I kent hear u!'

You said what?!!
You sef join dem to plan coup?
For that, you shall pay double whatever dues I will be collecting. I am waiting for you here o, angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esof1(f): 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
lovinam:

Hi love, looking after a newborn can be tiring. Please you need to figure out a way to take care of your privates. Its not something to be joked with. Remember you are taking care of it for future purposes. Your mum should be very understanding in this area. Do something now before you regret it tomorrow. Keep calm
Thanks senior lovinam. Pls is there anything else I can do apart from the sitz bath. I still can't sit down and I don't want it to be re-stitched.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
HerteEnUke26:
Good day waddling mamas, it can only get better.
My able cappo, hope you are better now? Its well with you.
Please mommas, I started noticing this sharp feeling around my vjay, one that feels like blood clot trying to push its way out. Don't know what this is cos didn't experience it with my first.
Do I need to panic, please torchlight my matter ooo. BTW am just 31weeks ooo e daakun.

Might be baby poking you. Or gradually engaging.
You may not have felt it in your first pregnancy just cost you weren't watching out for it.
Why don't you see a Dr.?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
good evenin mamas. mummies in the house wit more than two kids, i have a daughter thats 2yrs plus, she has always been a healthy child not until i got pregnant, she started fałling ill every 2wks. elderly women around says its d baby in d womb dats disturbing her but i dnt want to believe this old wives tale, we sleep under mosquito net. im so devastated, always visiting d hospital, could d old wives tale be true? how can i stop apart frm nt sleepin wit her on d bed?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
mymoneygrows:
sabi mamas, is there a chance for twin babies at 30weeks in breech position to turn to cephalic before birth?

I thought only the leading twin needs to be in cephalic position.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
cherrymum1:
*dances into thread, two hands raised to the lord with tambourine on one hand and shekere on d other singing "Satan shame unto you, all powers belong to Jesus!, Satan shame unto you, all powers belong to Jesus!!!". Sisters Praaiiiiiisseeeeee Master Jesus!!! Just did PT and it is whooping Negative o. I'm dancing shoki, ethighi, komole, atilogwu! Bad belle sisters join me in d dance o......proudmum38, Zaynie, fortius, orirebaby

Coughs. ....coughs...... coughs....
You can run but you can't hide. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
Keji3:

You really need the shakitibobo lol, so now you go celebrate my bobo's birthday o.

Yes ooo lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
ozycy:

I doubt if I will see this in the mkt. Maybe na big super mkt go get am. How much it is pls?

I'm based outside nigeria so the price will differ.

Pampers nigeria have a Facebook page. Tag and ask them where you can get the pull up pants at your location.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
BritneyStacy:

He is very much in order. On your EDD, you are believed to be exactly 40 weeks pregnant. ...

U don't get ma point.
He said the last scan they did...
We know edd changes most time as pregnancy progresses

Hence I advised him to check the edd on d scan done within 11-14 weeks of pregnancy for the correct edd or confirmation ..

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Quick question? Do you want a gaping hole or a tight one? My dear hard as it may seem, please go and get stitched. Kindly ask the doc to numb d area a lil. You are already finding it hard to sit down. Darling please take care of this biko.
esof1:

Thanks senior lovinam. Pls is there anything else I can do apart from the sitz bath. I still can't sit down and I don't want it to be re-stitched.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
esof1:

Thanks for checking up on me sweetie, it hasn't been well at all. I had episiotomy and it broke down. I didn't know, I have been in severe pains.
I can't sit, sleep, walk, eat, carry my ds, I've lost weight. The pain is from hell mehn!
I've gone back to see d gynae, he had to remove d stitches. The wound is so wide and deep. I'm doing sitz bath with warm water and salt. Dh said d wound is healing. I'm supposed to be going for dressing every 2 days but no one to leave my baby for. Dh can't handle him and mum goes to work.

Sorry dear.
I can imagine your pain.
Don't miss your dressings a beg. You think your dh cannot handle him, he will and they will even bind better in your absence. He is the father, they also have instincts o.

Reminds me of when Atinuke was like 4 months, my mom wasn't around, Moyo was on break, husby was at home. I left the kids with him as punishment only for me to see update upon update as they were just snapping pictures upandan angry. He knows how to handle them better sef.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
You do realise most drugs in the market don't take care of malaria like it used to. I advise you take her to a good laboratory and run tests. They will recommend the best drug to wipe it out. Cc TChwinne
Ada243:
good evenin mamas. mummies in the house wit more than two kids, i have a daughter thats 2yrs plus, she has always been a healthy child not until i got pregnant, she started fałling ill every 2wks. elderly women around says its d baby in d womb dats disturbing her but i dnt want to believe this old wives tale, we sleep under mosquito net. im so devastated, always visiting d hospital, could d old wives tale be true? how can i stop apart frm nt sleepin wit her on d bed?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
Good evening mamas...

1...... How do CS moms bathe after the surgery? My hospital said not to pour water on my body till the incision heals... They said to use face towel, water, soap and savlon to clean my body... And then clean the incision site with cotton wool and spirit...

I'm 3weeks pp already, but there's still a part of the incision that isn't healed completely yet (on the far right)...

I'm tayad...
I want to baff...
Ahnahn

2..... Please, what form of birth control/family planning method is advisable/best?
I want to look into it 6 weeks pp, cos my body is already doing me "sonha" and I don't want to "do" and now hear stories that touch...

Please, come to my rescue mamas...
Thank you...

Cc kaffy4bill
zaynie
Liftedhands
Fortius
Mitchyy
soonest
Proudmum38
Cherrymum1
Lovinam
AlphaHandMaiden
Limsycutey
GenyEbere
Tchiwinnie

And other Sabi mamas... Can't remember all the names...

For question : in summary....Plaster the wound! grin

The idea is to keep the area from getting wet. Try and get water proof dressing and apply to the area and bath as normal..... na bucket or shower sharp baffing no seating in the tub bubble bath serenren!.

Alternatively, if you can get the medical tape.... the type that looks like cellotape to create your own dressing.. Pop some cotton pads over the unhealed part and use cling film on top and tape around the clingfilm edges to seal and make watertight. Remove after bath!

Question 2: abstain or use condom till you decide which one you think is best for you! ..... ;Dsorry... not very helpful! grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
modath:

Omode ana o ti dagbalagba, Omode ana, o ti d'okunrin, ore Ofe baba loke ni...

God bless lil proudy for us.... kiss kiss

Amen n urs too...Thanks sis.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
Good evening mamas...

1...... How do CS moms bathe after the surgery? My hospital said not to pour water on my body till the incision heals... They said to use face towel, water, soap and savlon to clean my body... And then clean the incision site with cotton wool and spirit...

I'm 3weeks pp already, but there's still a part of the incision that isn't healed completely yet (on the far right)...

I'm tayad...
I want to baff...
Ahnahn

2..... Please, what form of birth control/family planning method is advisable/best?
I want to look into it 6 weeks pp, cos my body is already doing me "sonha" and I don't want to "do" and now hear stories that touch...

Please, come to my rescue mamas...
Thank you...

Cc kaffy4bill
zaynie
Liftedhands
Fortius
Mitchyy
soonest
Proudmum38
Cherrymum1
Lovinam
AlphaHandMaiden
Limsycutey
GenyEbere
Tchiwinnie

And other Sabi mamas... Can't remember all the names...

For question 1 : in summary....Plaster the wound! grin

The idea is to keep the area from getting wet. Try and get water proof dressing and apply to the area and bath as normal..... na bucket or shower sharp baffing no seating in the tub bubble bath serenren!.

Alternatively, if you can get the medical tape.... the type that looks like cellotape to create your own dressing.. Pop some cotton pads over the unhealed part and use cling film on top and tape around the clingfilm edges to seal and make watertight. Remove after bath!

Question 2: abstain or use condom till you decide which one you think is best for you! ..... ;Dsorry... not very helpful! grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
@Cherrymum1, some preggies don't show on stick until three months ooo.

@Enkay, it is well oo. Now I appreciate mothers more!!.

How una dey? Zaynie the tax collector, no rival.

@Helovesme, I don't think the celebrated imported coconut oil is the best oo, I rather would say she get naija original coconut oil. If you can get one from the maker hersef you can be sure it's not mixed. Or rather make it yourself, easy thing.

Na so my aunt carry her three years old son come oo, say she go stay with me for four months or as long as my granma will be staying forr omugo. Shuuuu? I say never, this boy wahala pass triplet wahala, join with my own double double. Hmmm, some people can be heartless. Since he's being around my house help self doesn't rest cos of his wahala. Poor girl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
rofemiguwa:

During my time,those rashes wan make me mad.
Wat i learnt no 1 babies n rashes r almost inevitable.
No 2.the baby's skin is still adapting.it will heal it self.
No3 easy does it.one day at a time myvdear sis
That said. First eliminate all cream,soap n oils and watch which one alleviates the problem.
I used coconut oil and raving powder.i stopped d cussons oil n baby wash.i used d soap instead of the wash.it is milder i guess till i was able to get dove pure n sensitive.for now i jus use dove soap n coconut oil.
D rashes didnt automatically disappear.they faded with time within a week or two. They show up once in a while but clear up soon too. Also be careful with handling her clothes,her bedsheets,wrappers. Change frequently and wash with savlon.
For choking try lifting ur lo head slightly above d body when breastfeeding.
When she chokes.pull her out.sit up straight,gently pat d back while blowing d front head.it will relieve her
I had same issues with pampers baby dry.even had leaks too.den someone gifted me with ange diapers.haven't looked back since den.
Blood in jajaina varies.mine took 2months.
Some might be less.u can speak to ur doctor.

Take it easy.motherhood.is hardwork but the joy is worth it
Takia
Mummy,thanks alot. See as u take time explain every every. I am relieved a bit oo. This rashes can make one go mad ooo no be say u talk oo. What made me voice it out today is that i saw big ones on part of head and face too. A thought of buying antibiotics came but i think i will drop it for now.

I will stop the cusson lotion as i ve stopped the oil.i am using the saop tab. I dont ve coconut i guess that vaseline blue seal with suffice. As for his clothes and other bedding materials,i handle with care.

I am in for bigger chomtin oo as per the pampers baby dry,the huggies i bought was far better. Will check out that angel,mamas here have talked abt it too.

I have noted other things u said. Thanks so much dear.Kisses to your princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
zaynie:

Sorry dear.
I can imagine your pain.
Don't miss your dressings a beg. You think your dh cannot handle him, he will and they will even bind better in your absence. He is the father, they also have instincts o.

Reminds me of when Atinuke was like 4 months, my mom wasn't around, Moyo was on break, husby was at home. I left the kids with him as punishment only for me to see update upon update as they were just snapping pictures upandan angry. He knows how to handle them better sef.

esof1: abeg listen to this woman! Bang on!

Abeg let us stop making our men look like incompetent sperm donors... they can do alot if only we will let them.

If for whatever reason God forbid, you had to be hospitalised... do you think hubby will not cope?!!!

Arrange food down..... whether bm or formular.

Arrange changing station with nappies wipes etc

Arrange change of clothes just in case....

Then go-go shake yourself outta there. Plus stop for ice- cream on your way back!

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
zaynie:

Maami e ma binu ma. cry I see lil Proudy beat you at your own game tongue Even add teeth sef. Twale for the baba. grin

cheesy I tell u... Threat dey werk mehn!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
esof1:

Thanks sis. I'm skipping d wound dressing part oh. I hope d sitz bath wud heal d cut. Went to d hospital yesterday for ds circumcision, wanted to use d opportunity to dress d wound but they used d whole day to look for my file. I was just tired of the whole thing.

I don't think this is a good idea. At all!
Sitz bath is to prevent infection and encourage healing. Since that didn't work out well kindly go and dress your wounds as the Dr said.
Read on sepsis and you will never joke with wounds Especially if they are located in areas that are moist and home to a wide range of microorganisms.
A responsible mom will first take care of herself so she can care for her offspring's better.

Your husband will not come close to you if your jajaina stinks.
It will not be that lil baby's fault if it got worse. Nope! Don't put the blame on him.
You aren't making any sacrifices by refusing to get yourself looked after.

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
zaynie:

You said what?!!
You sef join dem to plan coup?
For that, you shall pay double whatever dues I will be collecting. I am waiting for you here o, angry
*shaking my bombom for my mama zaynie* Naaa... No matter what a child does, she still remains her mother's child. When I come, I go come with plenty gifts but not double dues as I be ur geh. lolzz.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
soonest:
@Enkaydewdrops, lol @ @ body doing you 'sonha'.
I have limited knowledge on post partum care after CS. As for the family planning,when you go for 6weeks check, visit d family planning clinic

No be small thing oh...

I wanted you mamas to give me advice, cos Una get experience as per senior mamas...

Please, dont leave me like this oh...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
i dey roll wt lafta here ooo..to reply mentions sef na work cheesycheesy

mumi Larrytoks..thnks for replyin us o,we av missed u ma.
princessKF..sori abt d heartburn try to eat ur food in small portions,ehugs to u sis.

cherrymum1...i don tie am down

Ada243...sori mama,try to run tests for her as advised,it is well wt u ma.
esof1...leave prince wt his dad now,dnt ovastress ursef pls nd do d sitzbath as often as u can,it s well sis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 9:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
[quote author=cherrymum1 post=47511856][/quote]

OK mama...please help me ask her... Thank you...

Please, mummy Lami, don't do postinor2 oh...I know two people it failed oh...they took it immediately after action, but they missed their period...as in, belle enter...
One of the kids is four years old now...

Cherrymum1

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
esof1:

Tnx ma. But how often shud I do it?
the part am not comfortable with is the fact that there is no permanent help, pls get help,pls get help,pls get help, there is nothing like super woman for this thing.
me i had to leave Diamond with em grand ma go market,spend more than 2hrs doing nothing just to keep my sanity.That pain from episiotony is out of this world, talk less of this your own,am sure its cos there is no help that was why it got to this.
dh cannot do much in taking care of baby, the day wey i give Diamond to em papa make i go pee,i came back and meet the man sweating like Christmas goat,em self confess say e no easy. PLSSSSSSSS GET HELP.it will help you to heal faster. sorry for the pains.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
[quote author=proudmom38 post=47507687]

lil proudy pose 'yayy i can now rock my parry wt chicken'grin...weldone ma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Loisemm:

*shaking my bombom for my mama zaynie* Naaa... No matter what a child does, she still remains her mother's child. When I come, I go come with plenty gifts but not double dues as I be ur geh. lolzz.

Oya as you be my person, make I shift for you. Siddon for this side...... no push me trowey with your big bombom o.

AlphaHandMaiden, you be Yoruba? Cos some of your slangs na typical wink

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
Fortius:
mumi sugah no go gree ogrin

Amhappy,God is awesome..so happy for u madam.

limsycutey,mumi smokeydrinky,princessKF..hw r u mamas doin na

I dey o, praying the young man won't shift my ribs or tear my belle comot Lol, he seems to be moving all the time these days. How body? It is well with us in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
Enkay. Do as AlphaHandMaiden said.
You can use plaster., baff then remove and clean.

My birth control had always been co.ndoms, I call it toll fee. Without it you cannot enter paradise. Shikena.
We ditch it when the ultimate birth control aka pregnancy is in place.
Nothing like e no dey sweet........ make e add sugar.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) (1930) (1931) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.