Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125771 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
feddy27:

Morning dear.

For the pillow, it depends on d baby o.

For cot/baby net, wen he ws younger (0-3months), I had a bassinet for him dat I keep nxt to my bed. I'm not a net fan, also my baby. Once u cover d net, he wakes up. So I didn't use net at all. We kept the room cold so no way for mosquitoes.

For feeding, I used tommee tippe and had no complains. Some pple said evenflo and Nuby had more friendly teats for baby. Avent and boots are also good. Even tho u don't av a pump now, u can still buy dem down so u av less to spend on in the future
Thanks for taking time to respond. Am better guided now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
feddy27:

Enkaydewdrop, biko dat cardigan is for which weather That's too thick darling, before ur son breaks out in rashes.

Kikikikikikikikikikkikikikikiki
Mama, no mind us oh... Na my mumc wear am the cardigan... Though our place has been reeeeeeeeeally cold... We dey near river...

How are you doing ma'am...?
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks for your responses...
@Dunni29, rejoice02, tyconcept, Godmother... I now know the decision to take, when hubby suggested it my mum didn't kick against it sha... but I was not comfortable with the suggestion so I said I will surely ask my e-sisters.

@ tyconcepts, I am so strong, I don't mind attending the ded. I even go out to buy things sometimes myself....
Thanks once again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mitchyy, in case you want to use mallforafrica, they are doing 'ship every item for $2' till 31st july.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks to all mama's for all your wishes. Forever grateful. Manage this little cake received it from my friend. E-hugs to you all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Pls I waant some snails. A family friend stays in gwarimpa. I can send her

cry cry cry cry
How will she send it across?
You can pm me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
cheeketo:
that white thing is called alum( dont know d spelling jooor) but am hearing of lime for d first time.
Lol you got the spelling right. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
melly245:

ah ah warre hell long throat from apo to gwarimpa,God. punish this kind hormone, mam ozyc give am na,abegi naaa,no let am begin dey cry ooo
I go give am make she no cry ontop my head.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
airforcewife:
Ahh Maama Towerofgrace, I just got it too, after goldenruby gave a positive review. About it.
After seeing your post, I just checked mine to see that the number was at the bottom too! I sha hope it's not the fake we got ohh!

Tyconcepts see my consolation that no be only me buy this type. God bless u jare mama Airforcewife, that's how CasaBella did not come and have o, asked the lady how much they sell, she said 1k+ so it should be this type everybody dey sell jare, na original we buy grin(trying to console myself)

Pintoxx where you dey na, check ya own if na same place the number dey biko.

Today is fabulous friday, fashion gurus and MUA's grin in the house, aya turn na. wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
ozycy:

1) Baby pillow, what is it used for? Not necessary
2) pls just go ahead and buy standard bed that baby can use till toddler then buy net.
3)if you have money for feeder, buy and keep as e no dey expire lol. What if you ain't lactating immediately after birth and may need to bottle feed for some time. If you will be working and will leave your baby with someone, then you need the pump.

Question to the house: do people dash out breastpump?
Thank you for the response....ain't got money for non essentials biko.
You have a point with the feeder. Will definitely get 1 or 2.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
christybabe:

Good afternoon mama's, pls is it right for me to attend a family friend's child dedication two weeks after delivery.
Errm IMO I will let hubby go alone. Two weeks is still early. Other mamas over to you. Shook mouth

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
suzy:
Thank U all dat took ur time to reply me. I will try the drug to see if i will be okay cos its really dat bad. can't sit down or even stand neither lay down. all tru the nite was crying of pains. i believe is wat all said it is cos have never had any pain of such pains since i took in .

i luv u all. feeling much beta was thinking is not normal cos the pain was too much.

God bless All mothers . My dear d experience no be small one. I don call my mother tire to complain.
Sorry about the pain. I experienced this at 22weeks when baby was resting on a nerve, I was also crying just like u coz I couldn't sit nor sleep and was even limping on top. I tried everything to make him shift he didn't budge until he spent close to a week and finally got tired of dat spot and moved. However if seeing ur doctor ll calm u down then I ll advice u do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
She will bring it to my house

I have sent you a pm

ozycy:

How will she send it across?
You can pm me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
Oh thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u
ozycy:

Oya come take o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
limsycutey:
Mitchyy, in case you want to use mallforafrica, they are doing 'ship every item for $2' till 31st july.
Mama, na now you dey tell us, if we no ask nko cry where you same person that talked about them sometime ago and promise to alert us when such promo is going on again?
Abeg drop guideline for their promo, is their a minimum order/weight before the $2 per item will apply. Don't tell me to go and read, I even have their app on my phone lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
Oh thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u

ozycy:

Oya come take o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anak123: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Morning mamas. ...
Experienced mums in the house , do babies really need baby pillows or they can do without them ?

2. I am contemplating ditching this net and foam kind of bed and buying baby bed at once and buy mosquito net...which one will be better especially at protecting my baby from mosquitoes? Wouldn't want to buy both....

3. I intend doing EBF, but don't have money for breast bump this month again. Any need buying feeders now or I just wait till i have money for the breast pump ? Which brand of feeder do you have good experience with and will readily recommend?

Cc olatebony
Fortius
Mitchyy
Cherrymum
Liftedhands
Feddy27

All experienced mum's please

For me, never used a pillow

I removed the net from my DS foam n placed only d foam on my bed, he used to suckle every hour b4 now( every 2 hours now) , making it easier for me to feed him without getting up in the middle of the night.

I bought avent bottles n m kinda regretting right now,I have not used it so far, In fact it's the small cheap one we bought at the hospital before I was discharged I still use once in a while, i v expressed only twice for 5months now( wow can't beleive I made it this far with exclusive shocked shocked) . I just put him to my bosom.... I have that small manual pump though.....

NB... If u gonna co-sleep, make sure u or ur hubby are not restless sleepers( don't "jarunpa"wink, woke up one nite to find dh's had on my baby's head angry,, u need to see the way I flung d hand away! So now I sleep in between or block them with something.

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
christybabe:

Good afternoon mama's, pls is it right for me to attend a family friend's child dedication two weeks after delivery.

My baby is just two weeks and hubby wants me to attend a friend's child dedication with him, we plan to leave the baby with my mum at home for like 1 or 2 hrs. Are we doing the right thing or should I tell him to attend the ded. without me.
The ded. is this Sunday.. Thanks.
It depend on individuals and how strong u're and d importance of the function too. For me my bro's wedding is 3weeks after my Edd,i ll be there with baby by God's grace coz d day was even moved forward coz of me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Lobatan o, who send me to come and do makeup product review! Hian undecided!

Kindly ignore MY balogun lagos island advert for the concealer purchase. Please visit reputable stores for your makeup product. Peace!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Anak123, lol @ jarunpa.....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
tyconcepts:

Demmykay.......

Abeg make una no vex for the delay... My phone choose to act up and I had to format it....

C003A1DDE

C002E80ED

C00286167

Through these you will get hooked up with other cool one.

Thanks dear very helpful

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
cherrymum1:
Abeg o.....wey tatacherie and missmalachi... Me sef will start PM-ing mamas for their numbers o. Lemme start sef.
My dear am fine ooo.work stress is wat is keeping me away n d fear of getting pregnant as dh is seriously in need of baby 2 n am nt ready for doctors chooking hand in my V as though dey own it.
I will pm u so as to get ur contact.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
christybabe:
Thanks for your responses...
@Du.nni29, rejoice0.2, tyconcept, God.mother... I now know the decision to take, when hubby suggested it my mum didn't kick against it sha... but I was not comfortable with the suggestion so I said I will surely ask my e-sisters.

@ tyconcepts, I am so strong, I don't mind attending the ded. I even go out to buy things sometimes myself....
Thanks once again.

DH wants to show off his wife....Allow the gentle man smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Kikikikikikikikikikkikikikikiki
Mama, no mind us oh... Na my mumc wear am the cardigan... Though our place has been reeeeeeeeeally cold... We dey near river...

How are you doing ma'am...?
kiss kiss kiss

Our mama dem are all d same o...lol

I'm doin well my darling. Hw is baby Jay doin? Take care of urself too ok kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
kotias003:

I read somewhere, you could just cut that lower part neatly (and stitch or not). He could still wear them at night with socks or booties.
Yes o did it for my son, I cut it open then wear him socks to cover up! You won't even know grin

Cc Mitchyy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 4:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
cheeketo:
My rant

so last i was complaining to dh about how small pimples has built mansion on my face and made my face rough, dh replied by telling me its the pregnancy, to which i agreed, only for him to say "i think u will have a boy" (we both wanted a baby girl) and he added when women look beautiful in pregnancy they will have a girl, but when dey look ugly they will have a boy, so dh now thinks am ugly embarassed cry
wipes tears.

mamas is dh theory correct? who else has noticed this?

I actually think it's the opposite. Girls make you ugly. When I was pregnant with DD, my worwor no get part too, I had swollen face and and big nose quickly. But this time with a boy, my face just started changing really like a week ago, people had to see my tummy to know I was pregnant.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Cheeketo it's the opposite o! Girl make you ugly boy pretty! If you see me whne I was pregnant ehn? O lawd! My beauty came out and my skin was glowing! I knew right away before I did scan that it was going to be a boy( though I still hoped for a girl! embarassed )

They say girls take their beauty forfrom there mums hence the ugliness when expecting one.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
ozycy:

Mama, na now you dey tell us, if we no ask nko cry where you same person that talked about them sometime ago and promise to alert us when such promo is going on again?
Abeg drop guideline for their promo, is their a minimum order/weight before the $2 per item will apply. Don't tell me to go and read, I even have their app on my phone lipsrsealed

Ha sorry mommy sophie, I just found out yesterday too. You can buy up to 15 items that must fit into a box of 30cm X 30cm from some selected stores highlighted on the app.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
tyconcepts:

Snail is BAE wink Those tiny one can be used as perewinkle in soup. People just dey come chop your groove for your presence. You wash with either lime or alum (I use alum always for mine) The eateable snails I know are as shown in the pics below.

All these animal eaters when una go repent go vegetarian? Veggie all the way!
I am so looking for prepared snail when I go out this weekend Sha.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
goldenruby:

Kindly ignore MY balogun lagos island advert for the concealer purchase. Please visit reputable stores for your makeup product. Peace!

Kikikikikikikikiki....Calm down dear tongue

I still dey expect more reviews seriously plz....Maybe privately wink BH's eye shadow is BAE kiss

Omojudy:

All these animal eaters when una go repent go vegetarian? Veggie all the way!
I am so looking for prepared snail when I go out this weekend Sha.

See vegetarian o! tongue Yimu for you tongue

Am an omnivorous animal....You no study integrated science for school tongue

Towerofgrace:

Tyconcepts see my consolation that no be only me buy this type. God bless u jare mama Airforcewife, that's how CasaBella did not come and have o, asked the lady how much they sell, she said 1k+ so it should be this type everybody dey sell jare, na original we buy grin(trying to console myself)

Kikikikikikikikikiki tongue All these make up dey get fakes na to fit get original dealer be the koko. Na original you buy so chillaz wink

christybabe:

Lol, that's exactly his reason ooo, when I was preggy I didn't attend occasion with him, but we normally go out, that was our decision.

Gooooo Girl!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
goldenruby:

Koyititan o , next na the morphe eyeshadow and classic setting spray i dey find to buy, was in a hurry so couldn't get those ones.

Cool down jare, u think u can be enjoying the better things you know all alone, you that you have started this good work will finish it oo.
You don't know how much all your comment epp me, you are now talking another thing? Biko kolewerk. Concealer i have lunched already and going to buy a lighter shade for highlighting and darker one for contouring cool. Yass!!! they must to gree, so sister please more drug store product like our morika people dey talk am. Already on the look out for classic products grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
christybabe:

My baby is just two weeks and hubby wants me to attend a friend's child dedication with him, we plan to leave the baby with my mum at home for like 1 or 2 hrs. Are we doing the right thing or should I tell him to attend the ded. without me.
The ded. is this Sunday.. Thanks.

Cc:Liftedhands, dextrush, Zaynie, fortius, Mitchy, ozycy, tyconcepts and other sabi mama's.

Usually you should not go to outings till you have your own dedication. Assuming you had a naming ceremony did/would this mama have attended knowing her baby was probably more than a month or two months old a week ago when you may have had your naming?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hadebiimiipee(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.