Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8147357 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esof1(f): 6:18am On Aug 17, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Omo , those 3hands already no funny ooo. angry angry . They are so accustomed to the checking and they didn't seem to make it look like anything serious sef. ..they made it look like some one who was looking for his or her phone in their OWN handbag and not a stranger's handbag undecided undecided no iota of respect for the place embarassed embarassed
Hehehehe. They've been doing it for years and it's a norm for them.
When I complained of pain during one of d sessions of hand chooking, my gynae was laughing and he said " everything abt childbirth is pain."
In few days time, you would be smiling at d face of ur lo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Lying gown here eating imaginary puff corn in amazement!

Husband... girlfriend....dropped off.... return........ which kain tori be this one...

So you mean to tell me the car did not spontaneously combust as the wife saw the husband arriving to pick up girlfriend after forming is-too-busy?! shocked shocked shocked
the confusion and perturbment that would warrant such calm i am yet to see. and he managed to drive her home...... all three of them in the car and no accident?!

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 8:41am On Aug 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Sweetie, your bump isn't big at all for 21weeks. My 16 weeks bump was bigger than this.
Thanks for the best wishes kiss kiss

Mummytee:
buddy,mrs worry worry is your second name.this your bump aiint big atall,me think is just perfect for 21weeks preggy..nice bump thou kiss

Thanks mamas.
Dont know why the doctor decided to scare me and to think i couldnt sleep that night sef. I kept wondering what the problem could be. I feel reassured.

Morning house

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2016
talltosyne:
Prettmum, congratulations! The Lord will journey with u.

Pweetiebabe, amen and amen. Sooner than u expect ijn.

Hafsat24, tatacherie, safe06, lioha, iyemomo, hope u r all fine

Aww..thanks for checking on me hun..I'm good o..sorry I haven't been active here.. Job vacancies is my base..searching for a job grin.. How've you been dear..hope great.. May God be with you always kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2016
zaynie:

Ok.
Space booked. Will be back to modify.

Modified.
Breastmilk is very important because it contains all a newborn needs.
The colostrum which is usually the first to squirt out is usually thick and yellow. It contains a lot of antibodies that give the baby protection for the first 6months of life when the baby can start making it's own antibodies. It's like your baby's first vaccine.
Breastmilk also contains antibodies but not as concentrated as the colostrum. Usually all the antibodies the mother has ever produced is passed to the baby. It contains about a 100 ingredients that aren't found in cows milk and cannot be exactly duplicated.
Breastmilk also contains the right amount of nutrient to support optimum growth in babies. It is made specifically from a mother's diet meaning you are already introducing your diet to the child even before he begins to eat. Also as the baby grows, the milk composition changes to accommodate the baby's needs.
It is cost effective. No need for bottles, sterilizer or formula.
It promotes bonding between mother and child
It is ready-made. No advance planning, always available and just at the right temperature.
It is hygienic. A breast fed baby rarely had diarrhea since breast milk contains antibodies that destroy diarrhea causing microbes. Their bowel movement are less likely to cause diaper rash too. There is no risk of contamination or spoilage.
It is also more digestible, you will hardly ever find a constipated breast fed baby.
Virtually no baby is allergic to breastmilk although they can have allergic reactions to some food in the mother's diet.
The suction of milk from the breast requires a lot of effort and encourages the optimum development of jaws, teeth and palate.
Some say it decreases a woman's risk of having breast cancer (not proven )

The Bottle/ Formula.
It doesn't tie the mother down. She can work or sleep through the night.
It doesn't affect your diet. You can eat whatever you want.
It allows daddy to share some responsibilities.
It is a life saver. When mommy doesn't make milk in the first few days, when she is sick or dead, baby has to make do with formula.

Most moms already know which they would opt for.
You choose the one most convenient for you and you don't feel guilty. A happy mommy is a happy baby.

Complementary feeding starts from 6months although some say 4 months or when the baby reaches some milestones like sitting up or holding head up.
Usually by 6 months the baby's need begins to exceed what breastmilk can provide. The baby also begins to produce her own antibodies which will be stronger than the ones passed on to her from you.
Formula feeders simply upgrade to the next level. And spend more cos at this age they swallow milk like something else.
The common challenge is introducing other food to a baby. I have found out that from like 3 -4 months, spoon feeding your baby with milk/ formula like twice in a day makes the transition easier. It makes them recognise the spoon and be more open to it later.
At 6 months, your baby can eat almost all you eat but not honey, some seafood and for some meat.
To start with you need to puree the food. Pureed rice/spaghetti and milk, pureed potatoes and fish etc.
Whatever you eat, puree it and feed baby. Abeg no go puree Eba o. You can make very watery amala and ewedu and fish. Watch the sodium they ingest via salt and Maggie and don't be tempted to add sugar to their meals. You can begin to feed mashed food from like 8 months. Mashed food are thicker than pureed food.
Because you don't want to die at the stove, cereals are life savers for in between meals. You can choose to feed your baby with store bought cereals or make yours.
All na the same thing. Don't feed with golden morn abeg.
By 1, your baby should be able to eat all that you eat until they molars come out, they can't grind food so you may want to cut their food into tiny sizes and avoid hard food (like peanuts and carrot) to avoid choking.
If they must eat it, you might want to blend it to paste.

Florena, quote this to put it on the last page.

All I put up is to the best of my knowledge.

6 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2016
maureensylvia:
what do you think?

A wife asked her husband to drop her off at a friends house, where a wedding reception was taking place. He responded that he would be too busy throughout the day in the office, and gave her some money to use as taxi for transport.

He left for the office. The wife took a Taxi to the wedding reception,there she met a fine Girl and they got talking to each other.
Soon they became friends. In the evening when everyone was leaving, the Girl asked the Woman how she was going home. She replied that her husband was too busy in the office to pick her up so she would use a taxi.
The Girl responded; "My boyfriend brought me here and would be coming to pick me up. I just spoke to him on the phone and he's on his way.

Why don't you join me in his car and we would drop you at your house"The woman agreed. A few minutes later, her husband's car arrived. The Girl jumped into the front passengers seat of the car and asked the Woman to sit at the backseat, which she did confused and perturbed. Then the Girl introduced her new friend to her boyfriend. When the man turned around to greet the woman, he recognized her as his wife. Nothing much was said along the way.
He dropped the wife at home first as planned and proceeded to drop the Girl at her house.

The question now is: If you were the wife, what would you do when your husband returns home?

If you were the husband, what would you say to your wife when you return home.

What would u do if you are the wife/husband?

cc: all mothers
Is Ok, it's not your fault. Na vigilante dey cause all these JAMB questions. Eh no go ever happen, make I talk like Nigerian Christian.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2016
zaynie:

All I put up is to the best of my knowledge.
thank you very much ma'am, I'm planning to do breastfeed and also spoonfeed formula as I won't be around 24/7, how do I balance the water level to avoid constipation.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Omo , those 3hands already no funny ooo. angry angry . They are so accustomed to the checking and they didn't seem to make it look like anything serious sef. ..they made it look like some one who was looking for his or her phone in their OWN handbag and not a stranger's handbag undecided undecided no iota of respect for the place embarassed embarassed

He he he he .... na because say tori never get k leg you still dey vex. We dey here, you shall come and share your BS.

Dont worry it will be well. If you had done any type of lenghty gynea examinations and tests prior for whatever reason prior to getting pregnant, all this "phone searches" will be kinda normal. From cervical swabs, TV ultrasound scans and HSG tests. Not to even mention the myriads more if you are ttc amd they are trying to monitor ovulation.

I pray for a swift delivery for you.

kiss kiss kiss

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airforcewife(f): 9:26am On Aug 17, 2016
ozycy:

I read that too when I searched NL, anytime am around there with DH, we will go there. I will b forming paparazzi, in my mind I know correct joints in town lol.
I hope the suya will make so much sense and not fall my hand. I may try Gwarimpa first cos it's closer to me. Thank you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy @ forming! Ohk there is in Gwarinpa? Yeah more convenient then. And you know when a thing is hyped, by the time you try it, you wonder what the hype was all about! cheesy I like the chicken more!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2016
esof1:

Hehehehe. They've been doing it for years and it's a norm for them.
When I complained of pain during one of d sessions of hand chooking, my gynae was laughing and he said " everything abt childbirth is pain."
In few days time, you would be smiling at d face of ur lo.
and talking about the pain,no one pain me reach that expansion of the jajaina for lo to come out, like say dem dey do tug of war,my eyes won pop out,the way dem go draw one side the go sokoto and the other side dey go kafachan... oooo maGod,no body told me about thát part, that one was the real deal for me extreeeeeeeeeemly painful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2016
Omojudy:

Is Ok, it's not your fault. Na vigilante dey cause all these JAMB questions. Eh no go ever happen, make I talk like Nigerian Christian.

hahahahahaha I laff in Swahili

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rchilee: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2016
Gaily04:

Ehya, Pls stay strong. It is well. Am doing good but worried sha, wanted to know your outcome because I have implanon but can't locate it after the procedure. It really calls for worries, can't embark on another journey so soon. They said it may be hiding in the muscle, an x-ray was recommended but am yet to do it.

Thank you. I can feel mine on my arm.

I think I just need rest.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Taaaaaaaaaaah... Shift jor... cheesy
Jay, don't listen to Aunty Melly oh... Your mama is a clean, born again, woman of God... tongue

You no Whatsapp me again oh... cry
na now i dey see this one sef i will now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2016
juliebest how are you and baby Akachukwu Maximus doing,greet papa maximus for me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kejibabe(f): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2016
birth story
it all started around 2:40am on monday...i was feeling waist pain and light. for my mind, i said thankGod i didnt accept cs last week. By 6am, i started feeling contraction and its getting intense. we headed to the hospital and was checked , i was just 1cm dilated. due to distance, they asked me not to go back home . so i hanged around. Around 12pm, they checked me again still 1cm...haaa mogbe. The doctor asked me if i want cs and i said no. fast forward to 7pm still same story. thats how they concluded that base on my history and previous scar na cs remain. At exactly10:49pm, Amatullah grace the world.

27 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2016
Mamas in the house, hope it's okay to take just folic acid for now. My doctor said I should add pregnacare but my MIL said I shouldn't do that.
PS: Doc said I'm 5weeks.

Cc Fortius, Iomoge2, cherrymum , all the experienced mamas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2016
It doesn’t matter where you go in life or what you do, it’s who you have beside you. I am truly blessed to be married to my soul mate for two years today.. Happy Wedding Anniversary to me and my soulmate and best friend.
Good morning mothers!

29 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMessi(f): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2016
Good day ma'ams.
Congrats to all mamas that has put to bed, may the arrival of your new ones bring more peace joy and favour to your families.
Welcome to the newbies, and may you carry to term.
Waddling mamas how market? Hope the ministry is moving
To my November mamas the Lord is our strength.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2016
LaDivva:
Mamas in the house, hope it's okay to take just folic acid for now. My doctor said I should add pregnacare but my MIL said I shouldn't do that.

Cc Fort.ius, Iomo.ge2, cherrymum , all the experienced mamas.
As long as you are having a "rich" diet! That is a balanced meal you are good to go with just the folic acid for now, but if you are NOT! please get it as your doctor has prescribed because there are many vital vitamins and minerals your body and developing baby will get from the Pregnacare.

Emerald22 happy wedding anniversary to you.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esof1(f): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2016
melly245:
and talking about the pain,no one pain me reach that expansion of the jajaina for lo to come out, like say dem dey do tug of war,my eyes won pop out,the way dem go draw one side the go sokoto and the other side dey go kafachan... oooo maGod,no body told me about thát part, that one was the real deal for me extreeeeeeeeeemly painful
Lwkmd, nobody actually told me labour was that painful. They kept likening it to painful menstrual cramp and strong poo.
My own was way worse than menstrual cramp n strong poo. They shud av just told me it was painful so that I could prepare my mind.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2016
Omojudy,i nid to contact u asap my friend.hw do i reach u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esof1(f): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2016
Emerald22, happy wedding anniversary to you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2016
Emerald22:
It doesn’t matter where you go in life or what you do, it’s who you have beside you. I am truly blessed to be married to my soul mate for two years today.. Happy Wedding Anniversary to me and my soulmate and best friend.
Good morning mothers!
happy wedding anni.to you and your soulmate

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Unic1: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=LaDivva post=48554694]Mamas in the house, hope it's okay to take just folic acid for now. My doctor said I should add pregnacare but my MIL said I shouldn't do that.

Cc Fortius, Iomoge2, cherrymum , all the experienced mamas.[/quote
teamie! I was given folic acid and ferrous
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2016
Emerald22:
Good morning mothers!

Api wedding anniversary!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 11:28am On Aug 17, 2016
Missmalachi awa yu!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:28am On Aug 17, 2016
Emerald22:
Good morning mothers!
Happy anniversary to you 2, GOD bless and keep your family.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2016
Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2016
LaDivva:

Cc Fortius, Iomoge2, cherrymum , all the experienced mamas.
I guess u shld follow ur doctor's instruction since he has all d necessary test result to base his judgment on.

@ Britneystacy......just pray u dont hv tear o cos the way some doctors suture u as though they are stitching cloth.
I was affected psychologically cos dat was d 1st time ppl will invade my privacy without curtsy...infact they act as though its der right to totori u.

@hafsat24......longest time.....

Swift delivery to d remaining august mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2016
ahnie:
Missmalachi awa yu!
Mama na....lafia fa.

Didnt knw i will b back here dis soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2016
Emerald22:
Good morning mothers!
Happy wedding anniversary to u.......more love

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tgirltemmy(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.