Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8141911 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 6:54am On Aug 29, 2016
kejibabe:
Good morning to u all.

Abuja mamas pls where can i get a breast pump and how much does it cost? i stay in a place near Mpape. i need a manual pump as there is no light where i live. thanks awaiting your response.
Why not try using ur hand to pump?trust me it is faster than breast pump if u know how to do it.inless than 5min i can fill up 240ml.its faster.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kejibabe(f): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2016
@missmalachi, pls teach me how to do it...thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:31am On Aug 29, 2016
kejibabe:
@missmalachi, pls teach me how to do it...thanks
This are pictorial guide.

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kejibabe(f): 8:03am On Aug 29, 2016
thanks so much missmalachi, am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:09am On Aug 29, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Congrats again on the birth of your little munckin.

With needing extra hands..... i feel you are still trying to do too many things around the house. Since you have help just focus on the baby. ( feeding that is)
For 2 months that my MIL was with us... i did not know what my kitchen looked like....anything she made, i just ate ! I couldnt care less if it was garri and salt! She and DH even did the shopping for foodstuff!
when she left ehn!!! I almost cried! The kind hunger that embraced us was epic!!! Even though she had made big pots of stew and soups to be frozen oh! Adjusting to doing everything by myself was no joke but we got there eventually! . DH did all the cleaning for the first month before i started seeing road small small.

You have help so use it. Let your HH do the house work. If mum offers to cook, please use style and bring out your biggest pot! For baby bathing, am sure your mum has that already in control.

Put a changing station in the living room as well or on every floor to avoid going up and down to change nappy.

Also get a nursing cover, so you have the option to breastfeed in the living room and if you have guest qhile doing it , you can cover up.

For the episiotomy, Please do your sitzbath. Start with slightly warm water and you can make it warmer as you go progress. One mama posted some very lovely tips on episiotomy healing, please search for it. it is very useful...at least 3/4 of what was written there was what my nurses advised me to do. And the rest are also very sensible tips.
Also for sitting, use your nursing pillow if you have one. The hole in the middle will prevent presure being put on your wound. Alternatively an try and make a donut with a few wrapper and sit on it.

For the breastmilk pele, it is not easy.

For your swollen leg, as long as your bp is fine, drink loads of water and keep your feet up as much as posible.

Kisses to the lo. Awaiting threadcuties image to drool over! smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2016
Good morning mamas,
Congrats to mamas that av birthed their Los. May God bless them all.
Will like to ask if I can give my ds of 4mnths old pcm (2.5)ml or get d neonatal drop pcm?
Cc: soonest
Cc: tchiwinnie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2016
Zheemub:
Good morning mamas,
Will like to ask if I can give my ds of 4mnths old pcm (2.5)ml or get d neonatal drop pcm?
Cc: tchiwinnie
If ur baby s up to 6.5kg, then u can.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2016
Zheemub:
Good morning mamas,
Yes you can. For drops you give 0.6ml which is equivalent to 60mg then for d syrup, 2.5ml is equivalent to 62.5mg. So either you give d drop or d syrup.
NB: drop is more concentrated hence d 0.6ml dose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2016
Liftedhands:
Mumjb I don't think it's anything to worry about! Could be genes! You or hubby may have done it as kids.

thanks mama,

it could really be genes, but i dont think i did so when i was a kid but i will ask hubby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nggie(f): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Congratulations to my teamies that have downloaded so far! All the best to the few ones left....it's almost over so hang on there!

127mentions from my dear Sisters wishing me well...thanks to you all! So much love. God bless you. Cannot Thank one by one please. Pardon me....

Lemme make it 128 cheesy congrats dear n God bless your little one.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 10:11am On Aug 29, 2016
Good morning mommas

I have a question o, if I fall sick and have to see a doctor, should I just see the GP or insist on a gynae?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2016
gurlnext2u:
Choiii... Please you have triggered serious cravings. I would love to have that nsala soup with lots of pepper. It is well.

Hahahahaha.....sorry dear...it is well with us and our cravings
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2016
BeeBlossoms:
Good morning mommas

I have a question o, if I fall sick and have to see a doctor, should I just see the GP or insist on a gynae?
As a pregnant woman who has registered for antenatal, u should always be seen by a gynae
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2016
Pls where can I do 3d or 4d scan around itire or surulere, I stay at alapere-ketu, I want a very friendly sonographer as my scan centre here does nt even allow ur dh to enter, d man does nt even smile.
Cc @iomoge2

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoskiDarl: 11:12am On Aug 29, 2016
Congrats to the mama's that put to bed. Sugah,Britneystacy,mumjb,ada243,kotias,limseycuty,mumtwins etc.. God bless una.
Meanwhile,activating peeping mode till our team aptain comes out.
Alphahandmaiden thanks for d tips on the cyclogest.Came in very handy.. God bless.
missmalachi pls keep your faith up. God is with you.

#teamApril. #myRainbowbaby

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 11:32am On Aug 29, 2016
Good morning wonderful mamas. Congratulations to the mum's that have delivered and easy delivery to the remaining waddling mamas. 

Pls I have a question ooooo

So I and DH got married in April, and we got a BFP in May.
We never had a honeymoon because we both had to go back to work immediately after our wedding (I lost that job a week later though)

Dh has always been unhappy that we never had the honeymoon that we planned. And now I'll be 20weeks 2mrw and dh has planned a 4day trip to dubai as a make up for the honeymoon that we never had. 

The issue is, I'm still having morning sickness. I still throw up practically everyday and I still get exhausted easily though I have realized that if I eat often through out the day, I always feel a lot better

Truth is, if we don't take this trip now, we probably never will as dh is always super busy at work and i know once the baby comes, we will be too busy taking care of him.

So I wanna ask able mamas here, is it safe for me to take this trip at this stage in my pregnancy?

Cc alphahandmaiden, soonest, mitchyy, liftedhands, beyedew, enkaydewdrop, iomoge2, tchiwinnie and other sabi mamas. 

Pls help a sister
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2016
soonest:

Mama you are very much in order. Fansidar can be used as from 2nd trimester though mainly used for prophylaxis now.

MumJb, relax ok. She will stop.

thanks ma, i will relax
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2016
BeeBlossoms:
Good morning mommas

It depends on ur visit purpose. The nurses should direct u or d dr u will see will know if to refer u to ur gynae.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Thanks at soonest and tchiwinnie.
Have a fruitful day.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Alrighty... Thanks momma

realdentist:

As a pregnant woman who has registered for antenatal, u should always be seen by a gynae
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Thanks sis

Zheemub:

It depends on ur visit purpose. The nurses should direct u or d dr u will see will know if to refer u to ur gynae.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hey Jazzy,
I don't have so much experience but from the little I know, I think u need to talk to ur doctor first. your Dr should be in a good position to determine if ur fit to fly or not.
If it were a local trip I wld have said go, at least ur still within the country...but this is an international trip. So pls talk to ur dr and whatever he says shld b fine.

jazzyjazz:
Good morning wonderful mamas. Congratulations to the mum's that have delivered and easy delivery to the remaining waddling mamas. 

We never had a honeymoon because we both had to go back to work immediately after our wedding (I lost that job a week later though)

Dh has always been unhappy that we never had the honeymoon that we planned. And now I'll be 20weeks 2mrw and dh has planned a 4day trip to dubai as a make up for the honeymoon that we never had. 

The issue is, I'm still having morning sickness. I still throw up practically everyday and I still get exhausted easily though I have realized that if I eat often through out the day, I always feel a lot better

Truth is, if we don't take this trip now, we probably never will as dh is always super busy at work and i know once the baby comes, we will be too busy taking care of him.

So I wanna ask able mamas here, is it safe for me to take this trip at this stage in my pregnancy?

Cc alphahandmaiden, soonest, mitchyy, liftedhands, beyedew, enkaydewdrop, iomoge2, tchiwinnie and other sabi mamas. 

Pls help a sister 
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Pls help a sister 

Your secondtrimester is actually the best time to travel! If there is no medical reason to avoid flying i dont see why you cant go on the trip.

For the ms, ask the air attendants to give you some extra sick bags, tissue and water as soon as you are sat down. As you may not be opportuned to dash to the loo during take off or if there is a queue for the toilets for instance.

Also wear something that will show your bump if possible... if you are not already going in business/first, that way you can waddle to the business class toilet if the ones in economy are engaged. Any person that stops you will look like a proper evil ogre for doing so. wink

You could also try and get the exit seat or the ones with extra legroom if available so you are more comfortable. Avoid some of the last seats infront of the toilets or if the seat is before an exit although they sometimws appear to have more leg space, they dont always recline to the full extents that other seats in that cabin do and can be quite annoying.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
Thank you so much ma
I will definitely save a screenshot of your response

I'm usually not air sick but with pregnancy one never knows so thanks so much for the extra sick bags idea. I'll definitely request for those.

I plan to show off the bump oh just in casehunger begin to fire me or I begin to piss a million times no evil person will begin to look at me funny cheesy

AlphaHandMaiden:

Your secondtrimester is actually the best time to travel! If there is no medical reason to avoid flying i dont see why you cant go on the trip.

For the ms, ask the air attendants to give you some extra sick bags, tissue and water as soon as you are sat down. As you may not be opportuned to dash to the loo during take off or if there is a queue for the toilets for instance.

Also wear something that will show your bump if possible... if you are not already going in business/first, that way you can waddle to the business class toilet if the ones in economy are engaged. Any person that stops you will look like a proper evil ogre for doing so. wink

You could also try and get the exit seat or the ones with extra legroom if available so you are more comfortable. Avoid some of the last seats infront of the toilets or if the seat is before an exit although they sometimws appear to have more leg space, they dont always recline to the full extents that other seats in that cabin do and can be quite annoying.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
My doctors appointment is actually next Tuesday but since Dh was saying we should go this weekend, I plan to go see the doctor tomorrow [thankfully it's my ante natal day too]

I'll definitely ask the doctor about the trip.
Thanks ma

enque:
Hey Jazzy,
I don't have so much experience but from the little I know, I think u need to talk to ur doctor first. your Dr should be in a good position to determine if ur fit to fly or not.
If it were a local trip I wld have said go, at least ur still within the country...but this is an international trip. So pls talk to ur dr and whatever he says shld b fine.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Pls help a sister 
My dear, please take the trip!

At 20 weeks you don't even need a fit to fly from your doctor to board the Aircraft. Just make sure you are well hydrated, take an aisle seat so you can move around every hour. Dubai is only about 7hrs away anyways. Weather now in Dubai might still be a bit warm, so keep hydrated at all times.
Enjoy your honeymoon!! You would never get the opportunity again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Cc

Pls help a sister 

I believe enque and alphahandmaiden has said it all. Confirm from your doctor if its safe for you since its a long trip. Second trimester is usually the safest to travel, but for some mums who have had issues with their pregnancies, their doc might advise against it.

Also make sure you have a doc there you can easily see incase any issue arises.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jazzyjazz, enjoy your trip gal! It's even double fun for u cos it's honeymoon + babymoon smiley

Dis is one of the best times for you to fly; u don't need a fit to fly and dubai isn't far. Just last week, I made a 18hrs flight with a 34wks pregnancy! I've done dis twice and d issue watsoeva. I'm sure u've had an uneventful pregnancy all along.

Take a aisle seat, keep some crackers in your bag, drink lots and lots of water while onboard on the aircraft.

If your bump is showing, walk straight to the business class or priority queue so u don't stand too long. Do that at every opportunity you get... *one of the things I love about being preggy and travellin*. grin

Leave MS mata and d weakness and focus on your trip. Take great pictures, enjoy the tours and have the best of times smiley

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Will do.
Appreciate the response ma
Thank you

sugah:

My dear, please take the trip!

At 20 weeks you don't even need a fit to fly from your doctor to board the Aircraft. Just make sure you are well hydrated, take an aisle seat so you can move around every hour. Dubai is only about 7hrs away anyways. Weather now in Dubai might still be a bit warm, so keep hydrated at all times.
Enjoy your honeymoon!! You would never get the opportunity again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
I will see the doctor tomorrow and ask
Thanks for the response ma

mitchyy:

I believe enque and alphahandmaiden has said it all. Confirm from your doctor if its safe for you since its a long trip. Second trimester is usually the safest to travel, but for some mums who have had issues with their pregnancies, their doc might advise against it.

Also make sure you have a doc there you can easily see incase any issue arises.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
jazzyjazz:

We never had a honeymoon because we both had to go back to work immediately after our wedding

Babes, sabi mamas have spoken well...
If your doctor says it's ok to fly, please, go for it; cos once baby comes, that's the end oh...
I'm speaking from experience... cry cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na to use my bump intimidate people remain. Lol grin

You made an 18hrs flight with a 34wks pregnancy? shocked shocked shocked I troway salute for you oh!

feddy27:
Jazzyjazz, enjoy your trip gal! It's even double fun for u cos it's honeymoon + babymoon smiley

Dis is one of the best times for you to fly; u don't need a fit to fly and dubai isn't far. Just last week, I made a 18hrs flight with a 34wks pregnancy! I've done dis twice and d issue watsoeva. I'm sure u've had an uneventful pregnancy all along.

Take a aisle seat, keep some crackers in your bag, drink lots and lots of water while onboard on the aircraft.

If your bump is showing, walk straight to the business class or priority queue so u don't stand too long. Do that at every opportunity you get... *one of the things I love about being preggy and travellin*. grin

Leave MS mata and d weakness and focus on your trip. Take great pictures, enjoy the tours and have the best of times smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini, wayisshut and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.