Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8149579 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gurlnext2u: 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congrats mummy uwani and Ada243. God is wonderful.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
tipsyjules:
In other news this is me @ 36 weeks 2days,the other pix is me few weeks before belle.

Awwww, you look so amazing!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mayluv(f): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
My Birth Story
It all started on tuesday 23rd. My edd according to baby apps was 22nd but scan said 23rd August. That faithful tuesday, i kpekus with dh as it was advised as labour inducing. In fact as soon as we finish, to clean up, na so i see plenty blood. I knew that was bloody show so i no worry. I went for anc same day and told the doctor that i saw bloody show that morning. He told me that when i start having painful contractions that were three minutes apart i should come to the hospital but if not by the following week i would be induced. On getting home, i had a first feel of real contraction though mild one. The contractions started increasing in intensity but they were not regular. Tuesday night was hell as it became more painful and uncomfortable coming 30, 15, 35, 17 mins apart and still very irregular. I didn't sleep well at all. Around 7am on Wednesday morning, it stopped but by 8:30 it started again. My dh had already gone to work at the time. I didn't even bother timing again throughout the day since it was still irregular contractions i was getting. Dh came back from work early that day cos of the contractions. In the evening around 7pm we took a stroll to buy toiletries and i had about 4 painful contractions and on getting home the contractions continued. At 12 midnight i had had enough so i got my hospital bag and dh took me to the hospital. The first doctor did a VE and i was already 4cm dilated. I went for ctg and was given an injection to make me relaxed so i was able to sleep a bit between the consistent contractions. By 5am i went back to the labour ward where contractions continued. Around 7 am the midwife ruptured the membrane, that was when contractions without pause started. I lost idea of time at this point. Another VE was done and I was 8 cm dilated. At a point the pressure on my jajaina became unbearable and i told them that i couldn't hold back and wanted to push.
I was taken to the labour room and asked to push when i feel a contraction. I had to be given cuts to allow my baby come out. Her placenta was round her neck so they asked me to wait while they freed her. I think the pushing part is easier than the waiting to get fully dilated. I lost a lot of blood and the stitching of the tears no be here o. In all, i give God the glory. I agree that the presence of a healthy lo is worth any pain a woman goes through in childbirth.
Notes
Don't underestimate your exercises
Kpekus is truly labour inducing
Take your drugs
Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits
Try as much as you can to overcome third trimester heaviness by being up and about.
Above all commit all to God. He is still in the miracle working business.
One love mamas

60 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BellaElla(f): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
agiboma:
Hello Everyone,

So nice to see this thread going strong and providing the sisterly love and support it was created for. The advocating for LA is great its available and should certainly be administered to provide comfort during painful procedures. Stay strong mommy's g-d is your strength!

Lots of love smiley
Agi

It's an honor to have you in our midst today.
Thank you so for much for the effort you put in the inception of this thread.
It has been a blessing to so many mothers
God bless you abundantly.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
princessKF:

Thanks mama.... i'm just trying to look tender and beautiful like our senior mummies in the house. How is Ekene bobo?
He is very fine thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
Able #TeamApril Captain Giddyperson, you're welcome back from peeping mode o. My sister seriously we should called it pregnancy sickness and not morning sickness.
I too have turned DH to Darling HH, Darling Chef, Darling Laundry man. I really do feel for him.
Why have you been visiting the hospital if I may ask? Coz I've not visited the hospital except when I went for a blood test to confirm pregnancy, am I missing something?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2016
proudmom38:

OMG!Wat a sad story!May God protect d children she left behind
Amen o, I really feel fr the children.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
agiboma:
Hello Everyone,

So nice to see this thread going strong and providing the sisterly love and support it was created for. The advocating for LA is great its available and should certainly be administered to provide comfort during painful procedures. Stay strong mommy's g-d is your strength!

Lots of love smiley
Agi

Most senior mama smiley

Two hands in the air for you ! Thanks for popping in to say hello

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 7:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
My darling teamies; gandyluv, serendipityF and sugarcanebaby, I sight you grin

How are you doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chrisdada16(f): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
realdentist:
Team march who is our captain pls?
Halleluyah am back from preggy sickness (Dnt want to call it morning sickness)cos I vomit like everywhere I go, I cover my nose all d time can't eat or drink water d sickness no b for here so av bin on peeping mood congrats to mamas whey don drop load may God bless ur LO big. had my first scan last week dem talk say I b team March.
but I get question oh My Bella never show at all is still very flat and am 12weeks. am anxious to rock my Bella oh jare

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
Amen Oooo, it sure will, just seeing this mention too now, thanks for the luv n care @runsaway,I really really appreciate

[quote author=runsaway post=48928760] peggygee,

Anxious let us hear from you. How did your dr visit go? How is the LO doing?

Pls drop us an update as soon as you are able to.

It will end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
LaDivva:
Able #TeamApril Captain Giddyperson, you're welcome back from peeping mode o. My sister seriously we should called it pregnancy sickness and not morning sickness.
I too have turned DH to Darling HH, Darling Chef, Darling Laundry man. I really do feel for him.
Why have you been visiting the hospital if I may ask? Coz I've not visited the hospital except when I went for a blood test to confirm pregnancy, am I missing something?

Lol. First time was when I had malaria, and I had to visit the hospital twice, and the recent one was when some company sent me to go and do medicals.

My MIL said I should expect to feel like this for the first three months, the thought of starting work like this scares me, hoping they won't fire me before the three months grin but on the bright side, the ms seems to let up a bit whenever I'm out of the house and busy, so maybe work would be a good thing.

Who else is managing morning sickness with work, how are you people doing it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hian Mamas.... cry cry cry cry
All of u just gather my teamie n eat her raw.
She was just asking na...
Ftm things.
She is scared like most people.

Its not easy imagining how a big head will follow that tiny hole....

Am not encouraging cs if no need o.... but at least every woman must have thought twice about VD

I toyed with d idea of cs but thank God i didnt mention it here... una 4 don kee me.... the mama i chatted up advised me well even if she went through it twice... n i am not scared.

I think we would have just tried to tell her d good n bad.... she only asked how soon she can do the cs n not if she should or not.

A pregnant woman is very emotional.... talking about 6ft n another pusi 4 hubby was uncalled 4....

We would experience no loss in Jesus name.
No one would bring up our kids 4 us in Jesus name
Na we and our husband till we r gray n old in Jesus name. Amen

Biko lets try to put small love in our talks.... i was almost crying fa.....

God bless everyone of us.

Kisses to the baby with the cut during CS.
Its scary....
Supernatural delivery to everyone.
We would all birth like d hebrew women n if the need for cs will arise.... we would come out victorious in Jesus name.... amen.

Oya Jumayin, my pretty november mama... come n chop kiss.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettmum(f): 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=Giddyperson post=48931537]Hi my teamies
Longest time
Went into peeping mode because I was feeling too sick to make any positive comments
I've been feeling very angry with the person that coined the term 'morning sickness'. How is it a morning sickness. It should be called sickness or pregnancy sickness so that people would know what they are signing up for

Who has done their first scan yet.
This should be week 7/8 for me, not sure, don't care again.
Who else has been to the hospital and had the doctor push your tommy and ask you if you feel any pains. It has happened to me twice now, the way they do that their pushing, won't it bother the baby.

I seem to have progressed from just nausea, to nausea and vomiting, then to just belching loudly and awkwardly, I don't even know which one is better.

I haven't been able to drink water in ages, I went for a medical exam yesterday and the color of my pee scared me I feel like I really want to drink H2oH but we can't seem to find the drink anywhere around.

Who else has turned their DH to Darling HH

Oya no more peeping #teamApril2017.
I hardly see #teamFeb and #teamMarch sef, seems we are all going through the same phase at the same time...

Please mention any new April mama if I skipped any, and those still peeping you are welcome in advance.

Congrats Sugah and all the other plenty mamas that have offloaded, God bless YOUs and your little ones

Cc
Mydreams25
Unic1
Itissettled3
MoskiDarl
LaDivva
Folamee
Prettmum
Sweetestmum[/quotePRESENT my runaway cappo, morning sickness na serious matter for my side, bitter taste, nausea and mild headache no de free me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
Chinkini bump... We will get there #bumptuesday

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by serendipityF: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
thanks ma swt cappo, doing really fine, just dat d heaviness no get part 2, oh and the kicking too ehn, na siddon look I dey now ooo, May God help us

feddy27:

How are you doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
Purity77:

Pls is this Ikeja Drs 4D scan very clear? How much is it?

I dont know if its clear o.....
N the answer to ur second question is in d text u quoted.... kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twogreatnations: 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
@ PrincessKF, you really are one pretty mama. Preggy fits you well. Thanks on checking on me, I am here oo; Now I know that I am pregnant! the tiredness I feel these days is something else, today was antenatal, had some walks only to get home and d left side of my tummy just hook me oo. Been lying down quietly since, so tired. Safe delivery to us all.

@ tipsyjules, you rock and you are really beautiful.

@my lovely teamie Jumayin, you will be fine dearie. No vex please. Plenty hugs.

@Blessedmum, smooth sxy bump, you've got there.

Good evening all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
I know a FTM that gave birth to 4.8kg bouncing baby boy via VD with tear ofcos,though she was scheduled for CS but then the baby started making his way down...This God eeeee...chaiii!!Marvelous shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
Twogreatnations:
@ PrincessKF, you really are one pretty mama. Preggy fits you well. Thanks on checking on me, I am here oo; Now I know that I am pregnant! the tiredness I feel these days is something else, today was antenatal, so tired. Safe delivery to us all.

@ tipsyjules, you rock and you are really beautiful.

@Blessedmum, smooth sxy bump, you've got there.

Good evening all

Thanks mitchy twogreatnations and other mamas kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
serendipityF:
thanks ma swt cappo, doing really fine, just dat d heaviness no get part 2, oh and the kicking too ehn, na siddon look I dey now ooo, May God help us

My sister na sidon look levels o...lol. the heaviness is here too. God will see us thru
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bussy2rhymes(f): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
Good evening moms in the house, i just stumbled on this thread few days ago. its been very educative. I will like to join o. I am team October. Thanks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
Mamas that can't take water cos of MS, pls take ice instead. You can also flavour your water or take juices. In all, make sure you remain hydrated.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
#June 2016 mama reporting for bumpy Tuesday#

#39wks 4days bump#

#teamsmallbutmighty#

Sorry for going Mia since , vigilante is soooo real.

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
Good evening moms in the house, i just stumbled on this thread few days ago. its been very educative. I will like to join o. I am team October. Thanks

Welcome on board teamie! On behalf of #TeamOctober#, I welcome you specially to this loving family smiley

Feel free, mingle, ask questions and share your experiences.

As part of our welcome package, you will pay your 'dues' to Zaynie.

We take roll calls so pls ansa so we know u re ok. Are you are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th....time mum? also, are you expecting a boy or a girl?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
Zaynie, where have you been?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
feddy27:
Congrats to all the mamas that gave birth! God bless your lil ones.

I'm a bit worried about somethings I hear, pls I need to know! Don't they give anaesthesia before suturing your episiotomies in Nigeria sad

Now this is gross if they don't! Mamas pls clear the air for me. That area should be numbed with a localised anaesthesia at least.

My dear, it's here I ve been hearing this too. When I had episiotomy during my first delivery of course I was given anesthesia. Infact they gave me the anesthesia while trying to clean up the womb cos the way they were putting hand inside eh to clean it up eh, I had to hold the nurse hand like say I don catch thief, I didn't allow them to go any further until they called the doctor and he told them to administer anastasia. How can they be suturing someone's skin just like that.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gandyluv(f): 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
feddy27:

How are you doing?
cappo am cool wo.God has been helping.35weeks and still counting..may He cee us tru

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congratz to hormobollar,timmzy and uwani,God bless your los.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gandyluv(f): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
welcome teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
Thanks Sis @ Twogreatnations.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
jazzyjazz:
I pray say the MS go disappear completely sef. The thing Don tire me biko. 20weeks and counting and person still de rush to toilet to empty food from mouth. cry cry

Don't worry, you'll be fine soon... kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (2248) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bribri and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.