Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132084 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) (2339) (2340) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
Favouredmom:
@ Suzy, please meditate on this scripture, it's one of my favourites;
2 Timothy 1:7 For the Lord has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.
No harm will come near you and your household, remove worry and fear and trust God in agreement with your husband.

@ realsupermum thanks for the update

@ Mitchyy thanks for the contribution on the breast pump, it seems I'll wait and save for the electric one since LOs are two so I can feed them well.

By the way, this metallic taste that has been in my mouth since I found out I was pregnant has refused to leave me. My gums ache now due to chewing gum all the time. I've completely lost the taste of food
. I tot i was the only one suffering from bitter mouth. No matter what I eat, after like 5 minutes my mouth will become very bitter then the saliva. At times the food will even refuse to digest. Abeg wetin I fit do or chop. I don tire for chewing gum
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
lala4sure:
Hello everyone,
How is the pushing? grin grin grin Congrats to all new mommies and enjoy the vigilantee grin. Happy bumping to new mommies to be and testimony for all those TTC/ATC. God bless us all

My fellow teamies (Team February) special greetings to you and if you are not suffering laziness and super bitter mouth please thank God ohh grin grin grin

@lala4sure
My teammate, I suffered bitter mouth for sometime so my Dr asked for a malaria test and he treated me for malaria, then it reduced. But I still don't taste anything.
It's well dearie.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
Blessedmum:
Mummyife, Simababe, Chizeal, tipsyjules, peggygee and other remaining September mamas.
Just checking up on you guys, how's it going at your end? As for me have been having irregular contractions and it's not strong. I went for ANC yesterday and was told that if there is no show by next week I should prepare for induction. So na beg I deh beg Lo now.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin Open for porting ohh, If you have good deal for LA or Chicago i will follow you. you did Dr E last time abi?

firsttymum:
r u Houston LA or Chicago
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Its terrible ohh. Was tested for Malaria too and had ++ and typhoid but was given coartem and that yellow/red capsule (can't remember the name)yet the bitter taste isn't moving a bit. We shall over come grin grin

Chanbaby:

@lala4sure
My teammate, I suffered bitter mouth for sometime so my Dr asked for a malaria test and he treated me for malaria, then it reduced. But I still don't taste anything.
It's well dearie.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teal: 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
gandyluv:
hmm it was d same asokoro dat I went n d sent me away..I trust d doc at the private hospital but I don't know y DH will not allow me give birth dia.ill try d general hospital at maraba,if I get accepted,den I'll just relocate to the maraba axis since we also have a house dia..am staying at mabushi for now

Since you are staying at mabushi, you can try gwarinpa general hosp. They have capable hands there too. Federal staff jabi will also accept you but there is extra charges and honestly we are too much there, am already dreading ANC tomorrow.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by simplebukky: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
tipsyjules:

Mummyife,blessedmum,sugah and other mamas thanks for the love kiss kiss .I don miss una o.It has not been easy jare.Congrats to my wonderful mamas that have dropped dia LOs.Britneystacy congrats dear and other mamas.Sorry I can't read back because I no get strenght. Abeg sabi mamas muna help me here o,bc am a bit confused. I went for antenatal today and I started contracting seriously o.The Dr sent me to labour ward again, another VE was carried out again but this time twas painful o.Dr said I was 2cm dilated, fear grip me o.He asked me to go home so I called MIL, she was just shouting don't come back we will bring ur tins for u.Other women there were like I should go home so that I can have space to exercise well and that if they admit me today and I don't dilate fast na c/s dem go do or induce me.I get call dem say I no stay again.As I reach house I see some slippery stuff on my pant MIL say na mucus plug.I decided to climb the stairs as my usual exercise na,i tried few steps but couldn't move my legs again.Wen I pee finish na so I see blood for the tissue not much sha but na blood I sha see.My question now is that should I go to the hospital or wait for my water to break? Please don't tell me to time the contractions o bc even my Dr don tire to teach me grin I still dunno how it works.The contractions dey pain me but I can bear it.Abeg muna help me I no wan born for house o.Am so sorry for the long and boring post as I dont intend to post anything till I drop my birth alert grin .grin.I wish my teamies safe and swift delivery.
Congrats Sis, Your baby is on the way. Its so easy to time your contraction. All U need to do is to use your wrist watch to calculate the time interval between one contraction and the other to have an idea.
The moment u discover the interval is not more than 5-7 minutes, then u are close to delivery and should head to the hospital cos ur water might not break till baby is ready to come out. I pray You have a safe and smooth delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gandyluv(f): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
ozycy:

gandyluv
Which hospital did you go to? Which area are you in?
They will charge you higher compared to pple that registered.

Modified:
I just read where you made mention of the hospital. Can you check out Federal staff hospital Jabi or even the one in Gwarimpa. I really don't know about Mararaba axis but check the ones I mentioned first. Garki hospital too but may be higher.
tankx dear I'll do just dat

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gandyluv(f): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
Teal:

Since you are staying at mabushi, you can try gwarinpa general hosp. They have capable hands there too. Federal staff jabi will also accept you but there is extra charges and honestly we are too much there, am already dreading ANC tomorrow.
tankx alot

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
Tipsyjules you no wan born for house Abi? And you still dey house? I wish you safe delivery hope say you get sterile scissors for house weh your mil go use cut cord? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
gud evening mamas .
how is the cold weather.

congratulations to all the new mom's in the aux, and welcome to all the newbies. Wish u a h and h nine months.

thanks mamas for all your mentions, Ameen to all your prayers.
@ VEE992
peggygee
jazzyjazz
liftedhands
iomoge2
olatebony
lexajen
airforcewife
besea
babythug

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
Liftedhands:
Tipsyjules you no wan born for house Abi? And you still dey house? I wish you safe delivery hope say you get sterile scissors for house weh your mil go use cut cord? grin grin

Hehe he

You fit sterilize with alcohol.... vodka or any other min. 40% alcohiol will work... betta one oh not all these funky ciroc and co thinz... grin cheesy cheesy

@Tipsyjules... we await your good news. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
lala4sure:

grin Open for porting ohh, If you have good deal for LA or Chicago i will follow you. you did Dr E last time abi?
yes I did
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
babythug:

Congrats on the little one dear! It is well with you and yours...

i picked some things from your story!we certainly still have a loooonnnggg way to go in Nigeria with medical practice, somehow we also don't seem to have many nurses on this our thread maybe our experiences would have touched them into changing and upgrading their behaviour *rolls eyes* generally.

How can someone walk in with water broken and obviously having a preterm baby and the nurse/hospital will let her go home

Secondly you didn't mention the presence of any Drs during your delivery! What would have happened in an emergency? Dr was to come in early in the morning for a CS, Labour could suddenly progress faster now! Not throwing shades but there's a reason that nursing is different from a medical degree now.....Chai Nigerian medics should step up now

Thirdly look at the way she said baby was no more! Just like that? No tact nothing.

I had my first two children in Lagos and i'm grateful for the team that delivered them, they really were professional

God help us oh!
thanks mama
i didn't mention the presence of any doctor because there was no doctor there, i delivered in the nyt. the doctors in the hospital don't stay for nyt shift dey are only in the hospital in the day time and there was only one nurse and a cleaner in the labour room the nyt.

and when my hubby was complaining why should only one nurse be in the labour room because she delivered four women that night, the nurse said its not their fault it our govt who refused to employ more nurses/doctors so dey work the way they see it.

only God knows what will happen in case of an emergency . that's why most people in my area don't like govt hospitals, the nurses and doctors are not serious with their job. they have their own privates hospital and most times u will meet them there.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
deleted.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by OmoNwa: 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
suzy:
Hello Mama(s)

Have really missed u all. been reading all comments but short of words to write. My Lo is cooperating with me, i can feel kicks

I need ur prayers oooooooooooooo cos i can not understand what is happening now. On Saturday me and DH saw dead lizard at least it looks like one with d leg cut we prayed and used oil and mustard seed and this morning we saw another one dis time without head. We did the same. Have been really worried told my mum about and she said we should continue praying and AM BEEN WORRIED SINCE THEN.

Plz dear, stop thinking about it. Since you've prayed, believe and move on, don't entertain fear cos that's what the devil wants Plz don't give in to fear. Philippians 4:6-8 will lift on spirit. It's well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
Kittana:
Lol@babythug. In fact, I even want to know whether the beating and red eye she got, was really because she didn't buy anything.

Is it really typical of expectant mamas, to shop before 24weeks? Some things could be anything. I could have or buy some things and diapers or onesies, might not even be one of them. E nor reach wetin go make pikin hang for belle.

From hitting women in labour, to telling them they shouldn't have opened their legs to become preggers in the first instance, a lot of Naija medical personnels are truly plain silly.

the beating and the red eye she got was because she was closing her legs and didn't know how to push, and anytime the nurse hit the lady she will say God bless u ma.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
Favouredmom:
@ iomoge2, from my little knowledge, glucose tolerance test is a standard test done for pregnant women around 24-28 weeks in some parts of the world. It's usually done to rule out gestational diabetes. Where I live, it's a compulsory test for all pregnant women and the lab would have told you how many hours it will take ahead of time. Had mine this Monday too and they asked me to come in early so that I won't have to fast for too long and I was out of there in 2.5 hours. Told me to stop eating by 10pm and come in before 8am, but I could drink water during that period. The lab lady even advised me to bring a book because I'll be bored smiley then she gave me a sweet glucose solution to drink and blood was drawn at intervals. I was even offered a bed to sleep incase I felt dizzy during the process because they didn't allow me wait it out in the car saying something like incase I pass out (God forbid) no one will know

It's good your doctor advised you to do it, he knows what he's doing so just trust him. Your result will come out fine by Gods grace. Hopefully your office understands

Thanks much.
Amen

No one warned me b4 hand
Lol
I was shocked.
They only said come fasting... and i thought after the first blood i will eat cheesy

Food and ribenna was in d car...
I was on their sofa and even slept off at a time.
Lol
The wanted to finsh my blood..... vampire things..... 5 viles of blood fa.
Chio....
cry cry cry

I pray it ends in praise.... Amen.
Getting my result tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Hehe he

You fit sterilize with alcohol.... vodka or any other min. 40% alcohiol will work... betta one oh not all these funky ciroc and co thinz... grin cheesy cheesy

What a joke.Na me wey ask question undecided undecided it's really funny indeed.Sorry I won't repeat this again.Besides there was nothing funny about my question. I only asked for help and not to find out about kunu and zobo.So what's this dry joke about? Anyways am out of here.
@Tipsyjules... we await your good news. All the best.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Liftedhands:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flodel(f): 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Thank u all 4 birthday wishes n prayers may God grant uS all our hearT desires. Ese pupo, Nagode, Daaalu, Emake, also 4 d many likes, to my birthday mates kingsdaughter n omoyeni3601 aseyi sa modun
Ozcy
Stephmiracle
Akorkor
Besea
Omoyeni3601
Liftedhands
Mimibe
Airforcewife
Babylove01
Iomoge2.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kingsdaughter: 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
Besea:
Happy birthday flodel and kingsdaughter.

Thanks alot God bless you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kingsdaughter: 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
Happy birthday to my birthday mates flodel omoyeni3601

Thanks alot Akorkor and everyone for the birthday wishes, it is indeed our September to remember. God has just been too faithful crowning our 7 years. We are overwhelmed by his mercies. The twins are doing just fine growing stronger and bigger each day. Kisses from them.

Post modified. Thanks everyone

29 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Itissettled3: 2:45am On Sep 20, 2016
Don't be uploading my sweethearts pictures at night. Always notify first. If not for insomnia I would have missed their beautiful faces.
Happy birthday dear.

kingsdaughter:

Thanks alot Akorkor and everyone for the birthday wishes, it is indeed our September to remember. God has just been too faithful. We are overwhelmed by his mercies. The twins are doing just fine growing stronger and bigger each day. Kisses from them

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:51am On Sep 20, 2016
kingsdaughter:

Thanks alot Akorkor and everyone for the birthday wishes, it is indeed our September to remember. God has just been too faithful. We are overwhelmed by his mercies. The twins are doing just fine growing stronger and bigger each day. Kisses from them
Cutties kiss kiss you have here God bless them.

Happy birthday to you mama! Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 3:13am On Sep 20, 2016
tipsyjules:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Tipsy tipsy Fara bale, was putting it lightly to you so as not to scare you no be say we dey laugh you why should we undecided

The comment was jokingly put to lighten you up and at the same time pass a message to you not to delay going to the hospital! You are seeing blood already which you/we don't know the cause, could be nothing heck pregnant women bleed but it's ADVISABLE to let a doctor rule out any ish. I Could list many instances here were mamas bled and it turned out to be placenta detaching and a stitch in nine made all the difference between life and death(honestly didn't want to put it to you that plain hence my comment). Moreover you weren't bleeding when your doc sent you home so what's stopping you from reporting the new development?

Those who asked you to go home to avoid Cs are dey aware now you are spotting? Which is better you and your baby alive or something going wrong because you stayed away from hospital because you no want Cs? How were dey even certain your labor won't progress fast?

Please don't take my comment or mama AlphahandMaidens reply the wrong way! If everything else we wrote is offensive to you abeg just pick the
SAFE DELIVERY part and case closed.

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TeeteeK: 3:56am On Sep 20, 2016
kingsdaughter:
The twins are doing just fine growing stronger and bigger each day. Kisses from them
Your twins are looking very nice,pls how many weeks were they delivered and their weight pls? Am also expecting twins,sorry for the questions.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 5:00am On Sep 20, 2016
Favouredmom:
PRAYER MONDAY

PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING

Thank You Lord for a healthy pregnancy and good health since the start of this journey. We appreciate your name for you have proved your awesomeness in our bodies

Thank you Lord for our growing babies, we trust that you that has started this great work in us will bring it to final completion at the due time in Jesus name

We thank you in advance for all our "about to conceive" friends. We trust that you will fulfil your promises of fruitfulness in their lives because your word has said none will be barren in the land

We thank you for the mothers that have just recently put to bed. We know your strength is enough for them to recover and take care of their little ones

We thank you for our husbands who are our main carers. We pray that they will never be a source of sorrow to us in Jesus name

We thank you in advance for our delivery dates, you alone knows the dates and we trust that you have gone ahead of us to perfect the days

We thank you for the medical team that will work with us and on us. We believe that their minds, hands and instruments will work in accordance with your will for our lives and there won't be room for any error in Jesus name

We thank you for provision and protection, we are certain that even though the young of the lions do lack, because we belong to you we will never lack anything good no matter what the economy says

Thank you Lord for your marvellous works in our lives in Jesus name, AMEN

Team December for supernatural delivery
A big Amen,tanks cappo

Happy belated birthday flodel,Omoyeni3601,kingsdaugther..God bless you mamas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 5:01am On Sep 20, 2016
kingsdaughter:

cutie twins,me likey kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 5:04am On Sep 20, 2016
Ammy5565:

Thanks ma. Really appreciate.
Whats the name of the test you did to confirm if there was iso immunization? And was it done in nigeria? If yes,pls where? Or can it be done in a regular lab?
dear teamie,i asked after you some days ago,did you check your mentions?hope you good.plz relax your mind like other mamas have said..it will end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omoyeni3601: 6:13am On Sep 20, 2016
Thank you mama, for the birthday wishes and likes,
God will meet us all at the point of our needs .
Good morning to you all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeoma2728(f): 6:25am On Sep 20, 2016
@kingsdaughter your babies are adorable. May they continue to bring you joy..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) (2339) (2340) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AngelicBeing and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.