Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8151131 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Congratulations chizeal, God bless baby flourish abundantly. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Na only bweast u dey give dis pikin so. Chineke!!! They rso cute n chubby

Na only breast o my sister. Lol. Thanks smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
mitchyy:
On behalf of enkaydewdrop and mitchyy, some cuties say hello.

Baby Hansel meets Baby Jay!!!

Hansel in blue, Jay in Pink cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
@ ebony13, so sorry you had to go through all that. it is well with you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
@Ebony13

I just read through now.
We bless God for victory at last.
The devil is a liar.

God bless your little ones.
Everything they would ever need would be in abundance.
Amen

Hugs.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
mitchyy:

Just prepare yourself for more as your baby grows. I'm already used to people like that. All i do now is smile.

I've heard all sorts...

-Why are you wearing your baby mittens? Leave his hand alone
-You gave your baby jaundice because of the malaria you were having.
-Your pikin go black well well o. Nor just deceive yourself. (As if i complain to them)
- Your pikin never start to sit down?
- Wear him cap 24/7
- Stop eating fried rice and salad when you are breastfeeding
- Don't waste your time to work on your tummy. Wait till you drop the last baby before you form sisi.
- Stop expressing your milk in bottle. Pour it inside cup and feed him with spoon now
- What happened to wrapper? Why are you using baby carrier?

My ear don full!

Lol, no be small my dear, people cannot mind their business.
That was how my mate asked me.
Mate: what is the meaning of Bryan
Mate: I gave my baby his name because I was inspired to call him
Me: I was also inspired to call my baby
Mate :ur baby's cot is very unique but my baby's own is bigger.
Mate : There is only one entrance in this ur flat, I prefer the one with 2 entrance like my own (na me build the house)
Your parlour is big but my own is bigger
I prefer to cook okro soup with assorted not goatmeat (can't I change protein in my soup again) e.t.c
She likes competition too much, very soon she will start comparing our son's dressing, schools and even feeding habit.
She even compares our DH sometimes. I just tire...

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
mitchyy:
On behalf of enkaydewdrop and mitchyy, some cuties say hello.

Baby Hansel meets Baby Jay!!!
Awwww...so cute! chai! see fine children. good job mamas.
But why Hansel frown face as if to say "who's this in my space?" grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
Congrats Chizeal, feddy27 and other mamas that just put to bed. May God bless your Lo's.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
Chanbaby:
Good day mama's and rolling fine girls grin. Pls sorry to digress I am confused about something.

My husband's half sister got married in 2013 and she has been ttc and I married 2015 but anytime she see us she will be asking why I have not conceived and she is abt 37yrs old and she talks anyhow. The last time she saw me I was 9weeks gone she was asking why I am fat like this and why I'm so dark. May while she is also fat and she bleached oh.

The Last time she came to my house she called out to me I answered but DH told me to go to d room so she wouldn't see me (cos we don't want them to know I am preg cos of her careless talk) and my DH went to open for her and her DH. My DH told her I was sleeping and she said I wasn't sleeping. Herself and DH went and told their other siblings that they must get to the root of my action. That they will still pay us impromptu visit. That I want to spoil my DH good reputation with them.

Again, her dh is not happy that I don't relate with him closely that if I don't want to relate with his wife I should relate with him. Pls I don't how I will relate with my DH step sisters husband closely.

My reasons why I keep to myself : I am a semi quiet person tongue, they are way older than me, they feel I am to exposed cos I schooled abroad, they don't allow me talk in any conversion and they are very controlling and dominating. So I avoid them.
Now my DH is saying I should balance thing up with them for his reputation sake. How?

I really want the birth of my baby to be a surprise to them but with all dis petty wahala I don't know.
My sister, pls just be urself and dont overly try to please anyone, cos they obviously can't be pleased.
And it may not be possible to hide ur pregnancy from people who see u all d time. If they know abt the pregnancy nko? what will they do? the God that put that baby there will protect him/her. haters cannot do u anything so don't be afraid.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
Congrats @ feddy27 and welcome home baby Fedora, conrats sugarcanebaby and other mama's that has put to bed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ekeminiabasi(f): 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
@chanbaby.....ur case is similar to mine...the difference is my sister in law is not trying to conceive. well with the help of my husband,i hid my pregnancy. When we have family gatherings...my husband makes excuses for me. when they have to come to our house,we make excuses...i'm working this weekend,i have a wedding,i'm attending a frend's baby dedication. etc. They finally saw me when I was 8months gone. They came impromptu,even though they said they suspected all along..i had achieved my aim. About relationships....i'm not overly nice to them.i just keep a civil relationship with them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ekeminiabasi(f): 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello mamas,pls I need ur advice,esp d mamas who are in intertribal marriages. My husband and I are frm different parts of the country.......all along during our pregnancy,he told me the name he wanted for the baby,i was ok with it. I told him mine too. We agreed on his name as 1st name,mine as 2nd name. Both are native names. Shortly before we put to bed,he told me to pick a nice xtian name that has a good meaning. I did and he loved the name. Now after delivery,all of a sudden,he decided that his own name comes 1st,the christian name comes 2nd and my own name 3rd. I had always wanted my children to have both tribe names so that as they grow in life,evry1 knows they re intertribal products,so I rejected his new idea
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mamas i have a question
My delivery list says baby dress.

Please which one is baby dress.
Is it because of cord?
Me i got those ones with clip under the legs... onesie or so.
Should i get something else Thats all thats disturbing me now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ekeminiabasi(f): 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
Now this name thing is bringing serious issues btw us. He said i'm a woman and have no say in a child's name cos d child is his. A child I suffered to have after 4yrs of ttc and 3mc's o. His mom has been backing him up too. I asked my mom to talk to him,cos my parents are so dissapointed@him. He told my mom not to interfere in our lives. My dad who never really liked his tribe is now saying he regrets accepting my hubby. For 2onths now,our home has been something else. I am so unhappy,especially as its his mom's wish he's putting before mine. I don't know what to do. My parents have boycotted him,but he's still insistent on this name. I've begged him,threatened him,still he's adamant. What do I do? Do I go and do the birth cert myself and put d names I want and face d consequences? He's planning to do it next week. I can't stand that christian 2nd name. HELP!!!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hmmm, @ebony13, Thank God for your life. I pray for God protection for you and your bounds of joy.

I still wonder why some Nigerian doctors cannot get it right. Instead of them to test for malaria first before giving you malaria drugs. Must everything be malaria in african... Chai....May God help African as a whole.

@ekeminiabasi, am also in your shoe but i am not just bother about which name come first or second. My own is i must be able to pronounce the name. May the lord give you wisdom to settle it. Name shouldnt cos argument between you two.

@chanbaby, some family are just like that. Just cover you and your baby in your womb with blood of jesus. They wont have power over you in jesus name. But i still wonder why some people cannot just stay in their house #tafia.

Congratulations chizeal.

@christybabe, hmmm....That kind of friend or mate is not a good one oh. Please be careful. Jealous relationship can kill biko

All December Mama, aw una dey
November mama @iomoge, hope una don start una pressup....I see you giving birth to twins grin

Shalom!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by portable4real: 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
My birth story: part 1

Did my nikkah on d 5th of December by the grace of God.
I received my bfp the same month. My lmp was 24th of December. I did pregnancy test like mad cos I was so surprised and couldn't believe it... so soon. But all d same thanks to God.

Na play I call it oooo.. I battled seriously with ms. Plus studentship thing make it terrible. Na on and off sickness thing.
My wedding ceremony was scheduled for April 9 and I was even blaming myself for accepting d date with d way ms was doing me.

Fast forward to April 9.
The wedding day...to God be d glory everything went well. Participated well from day 1 not until during reception when everything started,, dizziness plus vomiting. I was taken to d car wen party was ongoing. I couldn't have a photograph section,,thanks to my Photographer that has captured so many scenes before then.

Night came and was taken to my husband people... forming strong girl. The next morning na hospital we headed to. Was given some medications to use.
Dont forget say I be student ooo

I come dey received calls frm my colleagues that the woman in d unit I was supposed to be was paraing for them that nothing concern her about me not feeling fine. She was like who send me to go and marry that I should be ready to face Anything that comes with it. I had to go the next day at least for her to see me.

Dear husband went to drop me and sincerely speaking all d other staff I met really pitied me and they were pampering me not until the yeye oga came around. She first shouted at me to leave her vicinity and I should not sit on their chair. She talked nonsense out of my head ehn....

The next day again na hospital I met myself ooo. Was admitted again

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
Wow ekeminiabasi this is deep. Sorry you are going through this.
What's your DH's reason for wanting the Christian name instead of your tribe name? Maybe you can then try and plead with him....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CoolOne1: 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2016
@ekeminiabasi,names shouldn't really cause any issue between you and hubby at all.whether first name, second or third name, the child would choose that she\he prefers later in life and be identified with that. For instance, my Twinnie and I actually use the name given to us by our maternal grandmother when we got into the higher institution and that has turned to our main name now,we didn't even know who gave us the names, it was later I got to know.On my wedding invite,na me re-arrange the names as I want(whether you first or second).Same with my kid brodas, they just chose the name dey felt cool with.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Itissettled3: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Are you still asking?
N.a. you now.

firsttymum:
Who is team February captain ooooooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
ekeminiabasi:
Now this name thing is bringing serious issues btw us. He said i'm a woman and have no say in a child's name cos d child is his. A child I suffered to have after 4yrs of ttc and 3mc's o. His mom has been backing him up too. I asked my mom to talk to him,cos my parents are so dissapointed@him. He told my mom not to interfere in our lives. My dad who never really liked his tribe is now saying he regrets accepting my hubby. For 2onths now,our home has been something else. I am so unhappy,especially as its his mom's wish he's putting before mine. I don't know what to do. My parents have boycotted him,but he's still insistent on this name. I've begged him,threatened him,still he's adamant. What do I do? Do I go and do the birth cert myself and put d names I want and face d consequences? He's planning to do it next week. I can't stand that christian 2nd name. HELP!!!!!

But its you who suggested the Christian name too. You should be fine with it.

Since he agrees to add your tribal name even as third on d cert... no problems. Let peace reign.

In yoruba land, its really the man that has the right to all that and owns the child since he married you.
Dunno if ur husband is yoruba.

The english name i bear today was added as an after tout on my birth certificate... its even in bracket. My parents too are Delta-ibo n yoruba. My cert has no delta name but my mum tells all her kids their deltan names n we use it although not officially.
I call myself the delta name n added it to my wedding invitation. And it was d name everyone was calling even if its my mum thats deltan. I also dressed deltan sef during trads n my mum was too happy.

And know that nobody can stop you from calling your child what you want.
They can write anything in any arrangment n u call the baby wat u want.
And d child would grow up with the name.
And the name would still be on d certificate. just ensure its spelt correctly.

Dont stress it mama. Let peace reign.... take it easy n make peace.
Tell him its ok. He should write it how he wants but please put your tribal name on it since he has agreed to it. The arrangement of d name is no biggy.

Your child can grow up and use your tribal name, English name n his surname n there is nothing he will do.

The only issue i have with names is to ensure my husband doesnt name my child the name of his exes.... hehehehehehehe.
Thats when we would do naming over n over n tear certificate over n over.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Am jealous like dat.

20 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ekeminiabasi(f): 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
Thanks for your prompt response@akorkor,sugah and cool1. @sugah:he says he just wants his son to have a christian name,and i'm being selfish by insisting on my name as the 2nd name. All his other sibling are in intertribal marriages too and have both tribe names as 1st and 2nd names. His mom has never been cool with that,now she wants to have her way through my husband. It might sound irrelevant to some pple,but it's painful to me,very very. I'm beginning to ask myself why I didn't just marry within my fold.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
Congrats once again Ebony13, d devil is a failure and will continue to fail over our lives.
Sabi Mamas abeg I get question, what's the difference between spinal and general anesthesia as regards CS?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Helloo everybody, DW is currently 5weeks, we hope mamas in the house accept us, we are first timers. Location is Ilorin, Kwara state

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
Blessedmum:
Congrats once again Ebony13, d devil is a failure and will continue to fail over our lives.
Sabi Mamas abeg I get question, what's the difference between spinal and general anesthesia as regards CS?

GA will make u sleep
Spinal will just numb pains and u will be awake.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
burticious:
Helloo everybody! Just coming to register after months of looking for admission here, DW is currently 5weeks, we hope mamas in the house accept us, we are first timers. Location is Ilorin, Kwara state

Yipeee. Congratulations Papa
Happy Nine Months to wifey.

Welcome.
Team wat are you.... so we can start looking for your captain.

Cherrymum1, come o.... from TTC tread.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
Blessedmum:

My SIL prescribed a mixture for me she z it prevents rashes etc on babies, I just did it today dunno if you're interested u can try it. It's a mixture of shear butter, tetracycline (red and yellow) and Skineal.
Please ma don't use this mixture for more than 5days and give a wide interval between each usage. Skineal is a steroid and prolong usage can affect the skin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
bimsusy:
@ebony13, indeed God is faithful, congrats on the birth of those great nations. Hello beautiful mamas, I'm glad to be back here.EDD March 24 gender unknown hoping it's a girl.
. You are most welcome teamie.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ubiR(f): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
Pls sabi mamas help me out on this one especially those who didn't space their babies. I took in 3months after a still birth and I have not been myself. Always weak and can't stand for too long. An elderly sister just told me today that its the things mothers go through when babies aren't spaced that the body hasn't fully adjusted. pls how true is it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedchick(f): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
Congrats feddy27 and sugarcanebaby and to other october namas dat have put to bed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 4:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
sugah:

I used powder paste as advised by firsttymum and the rashes has dried up. I just need to clear his skin now.

Thanks to all that gave suggestions
Thank God.
It will clear on it own.. U won't even see traces ...
Powder paste works like magic and it's safe considering the baby won't inhale powder
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
ekeminiabasi:
. My dear, name should not be the issue. Since the child will answer your name, no big deal.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
ubiR:
Pls sabi mamas help me out on this one especially those who didn't space their babies. I took in 3months after a still birth and I have not been myself. Always weak and can't stand for too long. An elderly sister just told me today that its the things mothers go through when babies aren't spaced that the body hasn't fully adjusted. pls how true is it?

Check your blood levels n check 4 malaria.
Chevk your bp too.
Just go to the hospital and see a doctor even if u r not ready for antenatal.

My friend only saw one period after losing a baby at birth. And she waa fine.
Truly its not easy but 3months is enough to recover.
Check those i listed, try n eat well (esp fruits n vegis) n take prenatals.
This child has come to stay in Jesus name.

Hugs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.