Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8200337 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) (2776) (2777) (2778) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:12am On Feb 07, 2017
He is soooo cute
Happy wedding anniversary

Sixx:
Today is my Wedding Anniversary, help me thank God, for the man I married, he's the best man in the world! And for blessing our marriage with a precious kid exactly 2 yrs later. He's a little media shy though, I would have uploaded pics. But here is baby Sterling @ 4 days.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:27am On Feb 07, 2017
What's your email address?
Ghennys:

Thank you so much. Pls @jazzyjaz how can i get it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:28am On Feb 07, 2017
Congratulations and happy wedding anniversary. Sterling is a very cute baby. May God continually bless your family
Sixx:
Today is my Wedding Anniversary, help me thank God, for the man I married, he's the best man in the world! And for blessing our marriage with a precious kid exactly 2 yrs later. He's a little media shy though, I would have uploaded pics. But here is baby Sterling @ 4 days.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 07, 2017
Happy wedding anniversary and your baby is fine. Cute fingers kiss
Sixx:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 07, 2017
Sorry eh! I usually drink water in the morning b4 going it helps alot for me and also eating fiber fruits before bed. Then talk to your doctor if you can take stool softeners.
forzarush:
Pls sabi mums I'm having difficulty emptying my bowels o! I spent over 30 minutes in the ladies this morning,I just groaned and groaned but nothing came out though I felt it rock hard. Please I need help o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:14am On Feb 07, 2017
omoloulah:
happy wedding anniversary sixx. may the sweetness in ur home never go sour. so u b February bride like me, aww!!! many more beautiful years ahead. ur baby is super cute, God bless him.
Thnk you. February rocks!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 11:14am On Feb 07, 2017
forzarush:
Pls sabi mums I'm having difficulty emptying my bowels o! I spent over 30 minutes in the ladies this morning,I just groaned and groaned but nothing came out though I felt it rock hard. Please I need help o!
it's normal expecially if u are in ur 1st or early 2nd trimester I experienced it too sometimes I hardly visit the toilet for days my mil says it's normal it's now I pass out poo at ease am now wondering if dats normal sef lol grin but take fruits like mamas have adviced take more of oranges

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2017
Pregnancy is really weird, i brought cereal to work but all I really want to eat is the badly cooked buka food that's sold around my office, that I once told my husband I'd never eat again cuz I think it can cause typhoid. I can't even say what I really want to eat, if its rice, it has to be really mashy and overcooked and if its soup it has to be watery, but first I'm off to the toilet to throw up my breakfast, it has just bluntly refused to go down. First trimester is back. What weird cravings do you guys have?

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:18am On Feb 07, 2017
Giddyperson:

I have not sabi anything but its obvious these signs are cuz the D-day is drawing closer, sorry about your restlessness but I can't wait to read bs.

Speaking of birth stories, they are now so scarce on this thread. The cappos are handing over without nagging their teamies into dropping bs. Please mamas that have born recently should write their bs when they get the chance biko kwanu, I know vigilante is not easy but i want to read kiss

Congrats Sixx on your anniversary, God bless your home and your cute baby.
Thnk you my sister, and wetin you go talk 4 people to drop bs. Sometimes you talk tire, na who want go write. You made me feel guilty though as I Neva drop my bs too. Coming soon wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:21am On Feb 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
sixx happy wedding anniversary, your baby is so cute!!! wow!!! may God continue to bless your home.
Thnks love and Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2017
forzarush:
Congratulations SiXx for all your blessings, may they continue to multiply. Amen.
Amen o. Thanks love.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:25am On Feb 07, 2017
enque:
He is soooo cute
Happy wedding anniversary

Thnk you. How is baby Zara?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:37am On Feb 07, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Congratulations and happy wedding anniversary. Sterling is a very cute baby. May God continually bless your family
Amen and thnks 4 that tip shield info, have already told hubby to get it 4 me, no time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:38am On Feb 07, 2017
Naomi14:
Happy wedding anniversary and your baby is fine. Cute fingers kiss
Thnks mam, I guess he took my fingers. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2017
Giddyperson:
Pregnancy is really weird, i brought cereal to work but all I really want to eat is the badly cooked buka food that's sold around my office, that I once told my husband I'd never eat again cuz I think it can cause typhoid. I can't even say what I really want to eat, if its rice, it has to be really mashy and overcooked and if its soup it has to be watery, but first I'm off to the toilet to throw up my breakfast, it has just bluntly refused to go down. First trimester is back. What weird cravings do you guys have?
Hmm kpele had this kinda craving too...was always craving firewood cooked jollof sold around my house....after eating it for like 2 wks d craving died down, now I crave moimoi... Not any kind oo matice moimoi....a fastfood in Benin...d craving for moimoi has died down a lil...I hardly feel like eating these days
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 11:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Congrats capo sixx ... And happy wedding anniversary

Callola hope u are fine...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2017
AbbynHummy:
chrisada dts hw i was given that gel in the hospital i delivered my first child, the gel didnt do anything, when the nurses saw that my son's cord stump didnt fall off and it was looking dirty, they told me to start using spirit. Spirit is better o, dat gel does nothing

I agree with you. D list dat was given 2me b4 i had my first baby,includes d gel but was later changed to SPIRIT whc help alot.

Well every1 is entiled to der opinion abi na choice
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2017
You're welcome
Sixx:
Amen and thnks 4 that tip shield info, have already told hubby to get it 4 me, no time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hmmm I understand that mat-ice moi-moi craving. very nice! I chop am tire during school days sha! I wonder how they fry their plantain. They are experts grin
nicoleswizzi:

Hmm kpele had this kinda craving too...was always craving firewood cooked jollof sold around my house....after eating it for like 2 wks d craving died down, now I crave moimoi... Not any kind oo matice moimoi....a fastfood in Benin...d craving for moimoi has died down a lil...I hardly feel like eating these days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2017
Awwwww! Sorry about the throwing up. Mine never left anyways. Recently it's just mangoes for me. I didn't have much cravings. As for the rice, I usually make very soft, one that's almost mashed together like Pounded yam. Hubby hates that rice sha grin
Giddyperson:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Darsty99: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello everyone. i have been following ds thread for a long time. i gave birth to my baby last mth.. I want to share my bs for mummies in d making to learn from..
I gave birth on 21st wch was on a saturday. I went to work normally on d friday preceding d- day . I even worked late dat day dat i got home around 9pm tho i had been having a very mild cramp around 7pm in d office. I got confirmation whn i saw blood while showering dat ngt.
I informed my hubby n we quickly went to d hosp with d hosp bag. Got to d hosp around past 10 and my cervix was said to b closed whn checked. The nurse gave me injection to make me slp. Naso i slp off oo but still feeling mild cramps.
i woke up d nxt morning on saturday still feeling sleepy. Nurses came to check on me and dey still see me sleeping. In dr minds i am not in labour i just came to slp.loll
but the truth is dat i wake whn contraction hits me and i go back to slp once it subsides. They even saw me pressing fone with no form of distress. they just didnt bother to check me..
At around 3pm, d contractions were now intense dat i ll clench d hosp bed whn it comes with no shout n go bac to slp once it stops The gynea eventually came to chk me around 3.30 n lo n behold i was fully dilated. he was surprised cos he was not expecting me to keep my cool. I was moved to d labour room immediately. d doc broke my water and was asked to push..
Pushing is another skill dat has to be learnt . I tried to push n my baby came out at d 6th trial i guess. It was beautiful sight to see my baby boy cry as he came forth at 4pm..
Episiotomy is not a bad thg. I was given a small cut to aid easy passage of my baby. I made sure d nurse deaden d place before stitching. it was painless n even gisting while she stitching n restoring it bac to factory setting according to her. I didnt need to sit on any warm water for it to get healed. It s healed already..
Everybody in d hosp were just praising me dat i am strong for a firsttimer dat i didnt shout d whole hosp down..But i go form shouting for dem to take me serious nxt time. I giv God d glory.. Sorry for d long post..

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2017
@Forzarush, they shld allow na. I'm in Lagos Nigeria, although I use a private hospital in lekki phase 1. I think I've read birth stories of mamas who had their hubbies in d labour room with them. do ask ur hospital and hear what they have to say.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Congrats capo sixx ... And happy wedding anniversary

Callola hope u are fine...
Thnks dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2017
@phalekkys Able Cappo, God bless you for the roll call and prayers. Pls I was not given malaria drugs at my hospital o. I was only given TT injection. I talk am say I dont think this my HMO hospital knows what he ia doing. This is why i rushed to register in a General hospital.

@Burntcoal Welcome EDD mate.

Mama's please what can I use to bring down high BP? Had my first appointment at the General hospital today anf my BP read 137/84. The doctor looked at me and said Madam what is wrong? Why is your BP high? I was surprised because I feel very fine, just occasional headaches. He asked me to go and lie down for about an hour so I went to my friend's office that works in the hospital to lie down. After an hour, they checked again but this time it was 134/81. The doctor prescribed some drugs and gave me short appointment for next week. Protein was not found in urine though. I tried to read online and i saw this could lead to pre eclampsia. I reject it though. I'm at home resting instead of going back to work but I'm kinda scared. What can I do to bring it down? Abeg make una no jump and pass o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2017
For mamas who have gotten to 37 weeks and are like "this baby should just come joor" this is for you. Read and be blessed grin

When is a pregnancy considered full term and what does that mean?

A pregnancy is considered full term at 39 weeks. This means it's best not to schedule your baby's delivery before that point [b[unless there's a medical reason to do so.[/b]

Caregivers previously believed that babies born between 37 and 42 weeks were equally likely to be born healthy. For that reason, experts considered pregnancies to be full term at 37 weeks.

Then in 2013 the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) reviewed the research and decided to change the definition of full term to 39 weeks.

Why is 39 weeks now considered full term?

Full term is now 39 weeks because research has shown that babies born at 39 weeks were less likely to have certain health problems than those born at 37 weeks. (Babies born at 40 weeks were not significantly healthier than those born at 39 weeks.)

One study looked at the outcomes of more than 46 million births that occurred between 37 to 41 weeks. The findings applied only to women who had no medical reason to deliver before 39 weeks.

It turns out that spending two more weeks in the womb allows a baby's brain, lungs, and liver to more fully mature. Babies born at 39 or 40 weeks are also less likely to have vision and hearing problems, more likely to be born at a healthy weight, and more likely to suck and swallow well at birth, compared with those born at 37 or 38 weeks.

What's more, your baby's gestational age can be off by as much as two weeks, even if you had an early ultrasound to date your pregnancy. If you schedule a delivery before 39 weeks and your due date is off by a week or two, your baby may be born before 37 weeks gestation.

Some caregivers scheduled delivery before 39 weeks for convenience or other non-medical reasons. Their patients may have been happy to avoid the discomfort of the last few weeks of pregnancy since they believed the baby was ready to be born anyway.

ACOG and SMFM want to make it clear that delivery should only be planned before 39 weeks when continuing the pregnancy would put the mother or baby at significant health risks.

What if I go into labor before 39 weeks?

Of course, sometimes delivery before 39 weeks can't be avoided, such as when your water breaks or contractions come early. If you go into labor between 37 and 39 weeks, your caregiver will not try to delay your labor since most babies born at this point are fine. That said, it's still best to wait until 39 weeks to schedule an induction or c-section.

In other words, the risks of delivering a few weeks early are not great, but why take any risk at all with your baby's health, if you can avoid it?

Is it best for my baby to stay in my womb as long as possible?

No. According to the research, staying in the uterus past 41 weeks is not optimal for the baby's health either. That's why ACOG and SMFM now define a full-term pregnancy as one that lasts between 39 weeks, 0 days, and 40 weeks, 6 days. Babies born during this window have the best chance of being healthy, compared with babies born earlier or later.

In order to make this clearer, the two organizations developed these new labels for the last weeks of pregnancy:

Early term: 37 weeks, 0 days to 38 weeks, 6 days
Full term: 39 weeks, 0 days to 40 weeks, 6 days
Late term: 41 weeks, 0 days to 41 weeks, 6 days
Postterm: after 42 weeks, 0 days

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2017
I forgot to say I am 15weeks and 3days. Besides resting, what other proactive steps can i take? I tried to search online but did not see anything concrete. Please help. I'm almost going out of my mind with worry.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2017
@phalekkys my Cappo am Present oo. back pain is all am having now. Went for ma ANC today, had TT2 today my hand already aches (any remedy?)and no malaria tabs yet. Registered in a health centre too will see if they will TAlk about it.
#teamJuly has any1 been able to check the sex of there baby? want to go for scan, what do i look out for, the last time I went my doc didn't really tell me anything, he only showed me my baby and out of excitement I didn't ask questions.
If I may ask what does it take to register in a General hospital.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gr8fulHeart(f): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
mydreams25:

Thanks for the shout out, am having malaria since last week doctor gave me some drugs but I kept vomiting them so I had to go back for injection for 3days both in the morning and night. Thank God am getting better now, it will definitely end in praise for us all. Shout out to my fellow teamies, hope we are all shopping well. Pls ask your hospital for the hospital list so you can buy those ones first and pack separately.
Safe deliveries to February mamas, pls let the good news that flowing.
Liftedhands your triple blessing are blessed in Jesus name, amen
mydreams25 pele hp u beter now. i was in ilorin over d weeknd i tot of u but no way to reach u.
as for shopping i neva start jst dont no why im feeling so lackadasic about shopping',
giddyperson sorry o.na small remain. rest teamies i hail

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2017
spiceeamiee:
I forgot to say I am 15weeks and 3days. Besides resting, what other proactive steps can i take? I tried to search online but did not see anything concrete. Please help. I'm almost going out of my mind with worry.

Ma'am,

Try to relax.

First of all, try not to worry....... Just delete that word.

When I was preggy......I also had high bp around the week you are.

I took bed rest as my option.( I told DH then that doctor said compulsory rest as that was another opportunity to re-relax nah)

Laughed more....drank more water...... Ate lots of water melon . I consciously thought and imagined beautiful things ( you can say law of attraction sef).

Watched sitcoms( I used jenifa's diary to cool myself down) and cartoons.

You will be super fine. Just relax.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Sorry teamie, from my little knowledge reduction in salt intake & replacing maggi with local season (ogiri, iru) helps a lot. No worry other sabi mamas ll torchlight more on it, remove ur mind from it cos it will only compound issues, make urself happy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2017
dunasy:

Ma'am,

Try to relax.

First of all, try not to worry....... Just delete that word.

When I was preggy......I also had high bp around the week you are.

I took bed rest as my option.( I told DH then that doctor said compulsory rest as that was another opportunity to re-relax nah)

Laughed more....drank more water...... Ate lots of water melon . I consciously thought and imagined beautiful things ( you can say law of attraction sef).

Watched sitcoms( I used jenifa's diary to cool myself down) and cartoons.

You will be super fine. Just relax.

I concur. Worry will only compound the problem
Cc spiceeamiee
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
Sixx:
Happy anniversary dearie, may God continue to bless ur home with many more goodies. Baby sterling z so cute, kisses to him biko

(1) (2) (3) ... (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) (2776) (2777) (2778) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.