Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8195349 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
@shawlay, for wetin na? I bought body suit pack of 5 for #1600 (next product) @ Lagos market.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
Onegai:

If there's no bleeding and pains, it should be nothing (I know the first part of your stomach to harden is lower abdomen, that's how our grandmas used to check for pregnancy pre-GYNO days).

If I may suggest, get a Gyno that is on your side. Even my older sisters stress me. But my gyno met me this year before pregnancy (totally unrelated) and she and I even play Candy Crush together, she answers my questions and let's my SO come into the consulting room (so he's part of the process). I discuss dom things with her and she tells my Oga to not allow me over-stress (she also doesn't take nonsense from me, when I had symptoms of what could be an inflamed Appendix, she wanted to admit me and discussed it with my cousin, a Dr that's her friend and a surgeon who had seen me, and they prescribed anti-biotics). Because of the hospital, we're transferring our HMO there. It really helps to have a doctor who treats you like more than a patient. So all your worries will be calmed.
thank u. Very much dear really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2014
Morning everyone, please I ve been visiting the toilet(to poo) too frequent since yesterday night. Me no cum understand am again. From 10pm-7am this morning I ve gone to the toilet 4times. I would have said it's what I ate but it was garri and groundnut that I drank before going to bed. I'm 34weeks and I beg anyone who knows what may cause this at this stage to please explain more to me. Please!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
yesterday afternoon i went for antenatal. i was tired . i just got back from abuja and my house was a big mess, thick milo stains on the tiles and co so i took a brush and scrubbed the living room and kitchen. fast forward to antenatal time i got to the hospital with a member of this thread. we were gisting when i suddenly started having this huge contractions. i brushed my mind off it thinkin it was braxton hicks. by the time it was my turn to be attended to, d contractions had become regular and my bp rose. a nurse saw me and asked if all was well and i lied that i was fine. when the doc started attending to mw he asked to listen to the heart beats and thats wen he saw i was having contractions. they were painful and one minute apart. he checked my temp and it was 38° my bp too shot up.

the doc started saying ive been stressing myself. i lied again that i was fine. he then placed me on admission. i was given an injection to help the babies lungs just incase they cant stop the contractions. IV was set for me and i was given about four more injections. i was not scared until d contractions became 30 seconds apart . i just turn prayer warrior. the nurses were checking constantly if i was leakin amnoitic fluid. my eyes were red and swollen.

my babies are just 26 weeks.

my temp dropped, then the contractions lessened but were still painful. my bp was terribly high and my babies were kickin badly.

till this morn my bp was high but i no longer have contractions and my temp is normal.
im currently waiting for d doc to come and discharge me.
i will carry to full term in Jesus name.
sorry for long post.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Sayoberry! My sis nothing I decree nothing will happen to ur babies in Jesus Name. Stay calm and keep declaring words in faith. Declare all you want to see happen. We will be praying for you. You will carry to term in Jesus Name.

New virgins in the house. Don't you all think its wise to organize prayers. We used to do it a lot. Pregnancy is not something you joke with, just cruise along as the day comes u take. No! The enemy is roaring and looking for who to devour. Set a date for prayers. Be wise my young ones. We did it, it worked for us and we had a lot of great testimonies. Supernatural birth etc. (The tsunami wiped almost all our posts). I will keep remembering you all in prayers. God bless you and your babies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by igb400: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Onegai:

Rather than going through all that stress, please look for Natural Nigerian's website or google Sheamapo. They sell organic stuff and lots of naturalistas trust them (I've bought Cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and Hemp Seed oil with absolutely no complaints). Plus, they do door-to-door shipping.
Natural Nigerian has a blog where she advocates healthy eating and living. She convinced me to use Coconut oil and Hemp seed oil and those butters as my face and hair cream. So I'm going to continue for the LO. Le Boo on the other hand, loves his chemicals and processed food (we're still fighting that battle).

Thanks alot, i've actually done the coconut oil, it was stressful but worth it. Pls confirm the site u got ur natural products from n let me know. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by igb400: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
My fellow mamas Pls pray for me, am 36 weeks n a first time mum to be, but truth is am afraid wen I think of the pain. I've prayed n done all but I just don't know. I even spoke to my doctor today abt elective CS. I just want me n my baby to be fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
igb400:
My fellow mamas Pls pray for me, am 36 weeks n a first time mum to be, but truth is am afraid wen I think of the pain. I've prayed n done all but I just don't know. I even spoke to my doctor today abt elective CS. I just want me n my baby to be fine.

You will be absolutely fine.

I've been watching birthing videos and listening to my crazy sisters (one is a doctor, the other a pharmacist, the 3rd a SAHM with the heart of a Lioness), so I've gathered a few tips:

-Please pray. Draw on your inner strength.

- Stay away from that CS, healing time much is longer.

- You can do without epidural, but they will give you Pitocin (because it's your first birth. I just found this out)

- Sit in a bath of warm water once contractions start. It's like water birth, the water does sooth you and the longer you stay there, the probability of softening up your privates happen, which reduce the risk of tearing. So ask for a water bath, get ready to sit for some hours.

- Kneel while pushing, leave that lying down on your back for Hollywood grin

- Watch videos on practising deep breathing techniques and I read reduce the number of people in the room with you during labour (as it increases your stress). You and the hubby can learn breathing techniques and back massages

-Move around, stay fit. Resist the urge to flop in one place. Most active women have easier labours.

- Watch videos on childbirth, different types. De-mystify the whole process, so you're not so scared.

Be proactive. When people send prayers my way and nothing else, I smile on the outside and stay scared. When they explain things to me and then we pray, I calm down. So learn all there is to know about what you're experiencing. It would help if you had a class of moms-to-be to speak with who would do any small exercises together and encourage one another and stretch together.

here are the links you asked for

https://sheamapo./

http://naturalnigerian.com/

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by igb400: 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Thanks a lot Onegai. I'll start by taking long walks, n be more prayerful. From ur water birth gist, I can guess ur not in 9ja..
.lol. The lord will see us tru. Thanks for the links. E-hugs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pls any1 with natural remedy for chesty cough? I'm 28weeks gone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
igb400:
Thanks a lot Onegai. I'll start by taking long walks, n be more prayerful. From ur water birth gist, I can guess ur not in 9ja..
.lol. The lord will see us tru. Thanks for the links. E-hugs.

I actually am. If you're paying N800,000 for a birth (which is the rate I hear for hospitals in Lagos), you have a right to ask for a bath. As in, my doctor should do all to make ME comfortable, not be organising my child's birth to please him/her and make life easy for them ( by deciding to induce me when I'm not fully dilated because they want to rush to another hospital to start their rounds there and collect pay, I have heard of such behaviour). I say this because I have heard stories of how Nigerian doctors offer you CS during labour (which jacks up your fees) not because you need it, but for profit.

My dear, if you are paying for something, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO THE BEST YOUR MONEY BUYS YOU. Tell them "please if there is a bathroom nearby I want to sit in warm water for a while", and show them what their mates are doing in other countries. Inform them now to expect it, if they cannot provide ample medical proofs that show such is dangerous for women+babies, get ready for that relaxing bath. A large bath which can fit a sitting pregnant woman no hard, if not, inflatable child bath+ hubby or Maman refilling the tub with warm water. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
To prove I'm in Nigeria, they've just taken light and the gen is off (yup, very Nigerian). So use this time to lie in the dark, and slowly rub your tummy in slow circles. Talk to your baby, tell him/her what happened today, what's up with Daddy, did you see that traffic, how are you, gosh you move around a lot and kick, I can't wait to count your toes and fingers....

Relax.

Enjoy your pregnancy. It isn't something to be suffered in endurance and "the Lord is my strengths". Enjoy this quiet time with baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Meddler(f): 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
Onegai:

You will be absolutely fine.

I've been watching birthing videos and listening to my crazy sisters (one is a doctor, the other a pharmacist, the 3rd a SAHM with the heart of a Lioness), so I've gathered a few tips:

-Please pray. Draw on your inner strength.

- Stay away from that CS, healing time much is longer.

- You can do without epidural, but they will give you Pitocin (because it's your first birth. I just found this out)

- Sit in a bath of warm water once contractions start. It's like water birth, the water does sooth you and the longer you stay there, the probability of softening up your privates happen, which reduce the risk of tearing. So ask for a water bath, get ready to sit for some hours.

- Kneel while pushing, leave that lying down on your back for Hollywood grin

- Watch videos on practising deep breathing techniques and I read reduce the number of people in the room with you during labour (as it increases your stress). You and the hubby can learn breathing techniques and back massages

-Move around, stay fit. Resist the urge to flop in one place. Most active women have easier labours.

- Watch videos on childbirth, different types. De-mystify the whole process, so you're not so scared.

Be proactive. When people send prayers my way and nothing else, I smile on the outside and stay scared. When they explain things to me and then we pray, I calm down. So learn all there is to know about what you're experiencing. It would help if you had a class of moms-to-be to speak with who would do any small exercises together and encourage one another and stretch together.

here are the links you asked for

https://sheamapo./

http://naturalnigerian.com/

Right on point. I'm going to make as much demand as I can during my pregnancy. It's my body and I'm paying for the services. I'm due in two weeks and I just switched my hospital so I need to have the talk with my doctor and nurses ahead of time and make sure hubby is around to make sure those wishes are carried out accordingly on the D-day. As for the pain, I've decided to embrace it there by reducing my anxiety on that day. I'm praying for the strength and courage to bear the pain and hopefully everything will go according to God's plan. I place all my trust in him.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 12:22am On Dec 17, 2014
@onegai N800k for birth? Dats way too exorbitant...anwaiz depends on d hosp sha...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2014
I've been battling migraine for over a week now,i wake up with it in the morning self,e no funny o na so all my joints dey pain me..april should do and come abeg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaire: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2014
@sayoberry I wish I knew the drugs your doctors used because have been in the hospital for more a week for pre term contractions and I still feel the pains. No be easy thing oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2014
@ Sayoberry, please take it easy. I'm glad that you are getting better because i was so afraid while i was reading your post. May God grant you speedy recovery. Amen. Please we should all take it easy, if your house is dirty and you feel like taking care of it, it should be one point at a time. Do not overstress yourselves please.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumyroyal: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2014
Sayoberry,d lord is ur strength
He who begun a good work in u,
Will perfect it ijn!!!

i hail every1 in d hse oh
Our children will surround
Our table.
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hello mamas, please i am 16 weeks gone yet my navel (belly button) is not shooting out yet my stomach is a little bit bigger than before. Is it normal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
@mgeey it is vry normal,maybe u have a small belly burton. I'm about 28wks gone nd my belly burton is jst slightly raised. Even my tummy is not very big...it worries me sometimes,bt my mum said some pple hav small tummy naturally. Doesn't necessarily mean d baby is small.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sayoberry,it is well with u & ur babies. U shall carry to term just take it easy on the house work & leave it till it's necessary,kpele dear God is ur strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thanks Mzora. Your response has calmed my worries.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
At sayoberry, God is going to gibe you strength till the end and d babies will come out health at the right time.@mgeey, your own better, m 15weeks gone and my stomach is as flat as a models stomach not to talk of navel, no sign say I get belle, thank God for scan, would have been worried

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pjthatcher: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
sayoberry:
yesterday afternoon i went for antenatal. i was tired . i just got back from abuja and my house was a big mess, thick milo stains on the tiles and co so i took a brush and scrubbed the living room and kitchen. fast forward to antenatal time i got to the hospital with a member of this thread. we were gisting when i suddenly started having this huge contractions. i brushed my mind off it thinkin it was braxton hicks. by the time it was my turn to be attended to, d contractions had become regular and my bp rose. a nurse saw me and asked if all was well and i lied that i was fine. when the doc started attending to mw he asked to listen to the heart beats and thats wen he saw i was having contractions. they were painful and one minute apart. he checked my temp and it was 38° my bp too shot up.

the doc started saying ive been stressing myself. i lied again that i was fine. he then placed me on admission. i was given an injection to help the babies lungs just incase they cant stop the contractions. IV was set for me and i was given about four more injections. i was not scared until d contractions became 30 seconds apart . i just turn prayer warrior. the nurses were checking constantly if i was leakin amnoitic fluid. my eyes were red and swollen.

my temp dropped, then the contractions lessened but were still painful. my bp was terribly high and my babies were kickin badly.

till this morn my bp was high but i no longer have contractions and my temp is normal.
sorry for long ..
Amen in the name of Jesus. you shall not cast your young before they are due in Jesus name. BTW biko stop stressing yourself oooooooooooo. I want to read your beautiful birth story biko
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pjthatcher: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
sayoberry:

sorry for long post.
you shall not cast your young before they are due in the name of Jesus. I am definitely going to read your birth story on this platform by his grace. BTW biko stop stressing yourself ooooooooooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
I pray 4 God mighty hand of healing n protection over us all,we shall not weep over any pregnant women both in dis forum n d world at large.Also to d vigilante mamas,u shall not run helter skelter oves ur los IJN MIGHTY NAME.AMEN!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
A
proudmom38:
I pray 4 God mighty hand of healing n protection over us all,we shall not weep over any pregnant women both in dis forum n d world at large.Also to d vigilante mamas,u shall not run helter skelter oves ur los IJN MIGHTY NAME.AMEN!!

AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sweet mamas in d house,pls wen can i booked 4 scan? dat being said,i carry myself go clinic 2day o,on my way home i see 1 mother care store like dat i enter say make i check some little things,d 1st thing wey i carry na sleeveless body suit of 3pcs n longsleeve body suit of 5pcs n one pack of towel wey get body wash cloths inside.dis 3things wey i pick ehn,d woman say na #8,300 last o.d 3pcs of sleeveless 4 1,800,d 5pcs of longsleeve 4 #3,500 n d towel 4 #,3000 na so i borrow leg join my leg say make i 1st come ask my co-mamas 4 here wether na so d price be o.Abeg make una help me with d price biko.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
d cloth product na george o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
iyaire:
@sayoberry I wish I knew the drugs your doctors used because have been in the hospital for more a week for pre term contractions and I still feel the pains. No be easy thing oo

i dont know the names of the injections o. but the hospital does not have facilities for premies so they were trying their best to stop the contractions. if my water had vroke i would have been refered to a general hospital.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
imurboss:
Sayoberry,it is well with u & ur babies. U shall carry to term just take it easy on the house work & leave it till it's necessary,kpele dear God is ur strength

@mumyroyal amen. imurboss i usually cant help it wheb i see the house is messy. three kids and a very busy husband is a lot of work too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
shawlay:
At sayoberry, God is going to gibe you strength till the end and d babies will come out health at the right time.@mgeey, your own better, m 15weeks gone and my stomach is as flat as a models stomach not to talk of navel, no sign say I get belle, thank God for scan, would have been worried

lovinam i agree with the prayer issue. pls let us all discuss on how to atart.

mgeey i think 16 weeks is too early.
shawlay amen

other mums thank you so much for your prayers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.