Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8155724 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Am so sorry kawa....pls forgive me oooo

@ phlakkeys.....i will update u soonest worry not.
#teamjuly

ahnie:
Beyedues tongue Awa Yu.how z your ministry moving.missmalachi I no wan just answer you.lets just say...ayam vexing for you.how z baby Sophie and your masonyi
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
phlakkeys:

@spiceeamie, someone wan use you to enter through the back door grin shocked
@customised87, I beg enter swaggaliciously and register for #TeamJuly, by providing us your EDD and lo's gender tongue

@Our April mamas, who don offload, we say congrats kiss

@missmalachi, we are patiently waiting for the 4D scan cheesy, hope you are good. Pls, how is our mama @Niyyah doing?
@divie, we are waiting for next scan too. Hope you are good wink
@niphmmy, I pray God will make ways where we least expected smiley
@lotannad, how are the twins and your small bump tongue grin, I pray God will see us through successfully. Pls, come update us with gender.
@nneejima, Niyyah, Enkaylala2, Burntcoal, and hernyhorla, how is the ministry going? It's been a while we've heard from you. Hope all is well. Pls come and update lo's gender.
@all#TeamJuly mamas, how are we doing? cool

#TeamJulyforstrength, #TeamJulyfornoloss, #TeamJulyforsharpsharphebrewwomendelivery.

Thanks for the mention cappo mi, God bless you. we are very fine o ,Alhamdulillahi, I have just been too lazy to type cry
I am going to update los gender as soon as he/she opens yansh,would be going for another scan next week In Shaa Allah#TeamJuly#

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
Kloness:
Birth story: Team April. FTM
Thanking God for his mercies. My EDD was for 17/4/17. On the 9th, I noticed some brownish discharge with some mucus that continued flowing till Monday. About 6 pm that evening, felt some mild cramps, which soon progressed to mild contractions. I downloaded a contraction timer app and noticed it wasn't regular, more like each lasting 1 min in about 10-12 mins interval. I and my husband just decided to observe as I didn't want to have to go and spend a long time in hospital or stay overnight. Well by the time we went to bed, contractions became much stronger lasting 45-60secs every 5-6 mins. I endured through the night frequently urinating and passing soft stool.
Now, the morning of 11/4/17, Hubby wasn't comfortable leaving me at home so we said to just check in at the hospital and I was ready to come back home as I didn't feel the real thing had started. I was checked and was found to be 5cm!! That check was painful ooo, I screamed sha but I was very glad. Membranes were bulging and doc said would be best to rupture them and admit me for delivery. I had to agree. This was about 9:30am . He then augmented the process with oxytocin aka hot drip !! Lol. It was a progressive increase though as per the dose and contractions became far more regular, stronger and ofcourse more painful! Well 2 hours later and a couple more screams later (my husband was outside feeling so sad for me, he wasn't allowed in), I was fully dilated but before then I had been pushing, so baby came out with some tears around the perineum. Pushing is another waka on its own. Well I was sutured under mild sedation and slept through the process and for 3 good hours afterwardsds. They had to wake me up to see and feed my baby. She can so suck so hard. I was discharged later that evening and we are still coming to terms with our new arrival. She is her dads carbon copy and though seemingly small, a svery strong baby indeed! Breast milk is coming out a bit but I started her on some infant formular to hold her. Taking my meds esp for pain and looking at this gift from heaven. This morning we headed to the clinic for immunization and registration.
So that's it. Its been a wonderful journey. Though I didn't comment much, I learned quite a bit from us here. Sending grace to my team April members and all other teams as well on the queue, the baton has been handed over!.. Enjoy enjoy!!

Cc Giddyperson

Congratulations! Beautiful story. God bless baby

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
Please experienced and knowledgeable mommas. What's the deal with epidural in Nigerian hospitals? Private and public? I'm a ftm and I want to be prepared. I know I other countries; epidural is no big deal so wanna know if one has to request in naija; is it very commonly administered etc.

Also had a myomectomy two years ago; has anyone else had same and gone ahead to have a vaginal birth?? During the myomectomy; epidural was administered and it went well by God's grace.

Thanks for the insight
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
Liftedhands:
Yes o! Some don't go into labour for days after a sweep sef and another may be done before the real deal starts.

thanks for this. Dr did that on me and i delivered the next day. there was no sign of labour before that.
the only ish was that i was bleeding.he said it is normal to bleed after the sweep.

nicoleswizzi,thanks dear. how is your baby? pls come complete ur bs when vigilante leave you small.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Yaaay!! Anoda April mama...mama God bless ur lo...ur are blessed...abeg mk una no vex for me o...lol will come and complete bs as soon as I leave this hospital...
Teamie hope no problem are you still in hospital? Thought you had a virginal delivery. Kisses to princess
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oamronnie(f): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2017
So I set out to buy diapers, wipes and baby bath products today and I'm completely lost. Don't know what products to buy or what sizes (for diapers). Abeg, help a ftm. Suggestions on the best products, please. Also wondering perfumes or fragrances for baby. Any idea?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
oamronnie:
So I set out to buy diapers, wipes and baby bath products today and I'm completely lost. Don't know what products to buy or what sizes (for diapers). Abeg, help a ftm. Suggestions on the best products, please. Also wondering perfumes or fragrances for baby. Any idea?

For diapers molfix is good. There are several good brands but I use molfix. Size 2 is OK for a newborn.
For wipes huggies, pampers, angel baby are good
Bath products I use Nycil but recently switched to cussons cos Nycil is scarce in my area.
For body cream and hair cream I use Shea butter

Perfumes and fragrances for a baby? Never heard of that
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
goodfortun:
Please experienced and knowledgeable mommas. What's the deal with epidural in Nigerian hospitals? Private and public? I'm a ftm and I want to be prepared. I know I other countries; epidural is no big deal so wanna know if one has to request in naija; is it very commonly administered etc.

Also had a myomectomy two years ago; has anyone else had same and gone ahead to have a vaginal birth?? During the myomectomy; epidural was administered and it went well by God's grace.

Thanks for the insight

I had a myo too a year and a half ago, hoping for a normal delivery. Are you sure it was not spinal anesthesia that was used for your myo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
oamronnie:
I used Sure deodorant (roll on) for my 1st Son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:
Birth Alert, Hello house,my prince made a grand entrance at.8:05 yesterday evening,weighing 3.8kg with a big tear.thanks for your prayers and encouragement.Bs later.

Congratulations, Make keep him for you.

who's next? make una pick number now before the slots go finish oo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
folamee:
birth alert!!!
in the name of Allah the beneficent, the merciful
all praises and adoration goes to the Almighty God the Lord of the world
my adorable princess made her grand entry at exactly 1am today my Edd according to first scan via Vd weighing 3.6kg with tear.
mother and child doing well, husband rejoicing.
wishing the remaining April mamas safe and Swift delivery. amin

Congratulations dear, God will make her a continuous blessing to the family

all this april mamas with big big child, you are making me scared ooo cos i still dey eat Mountain and adding weight every week

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
I used Sure deodorant (roll on) for my 1st Son.
Do babies use deodorant?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elixir123: 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Good lovely mamas, pls I need your expert advice MA's. So I complained earlier about body weakness and all.I went for a test and It turns out I have malaria.
I was given parecetamol and Coartem ( the coartem is in capsule form and colour green) to be taken 1 twice daily .
Pls mamas is it safe to take this drug ? Has anyone used it.A doctor not a gynea saw me though my file showed my preggie history .
I'm 15wks gone.
Thanks mas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Licious07(f): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
kemifemi:
@naomi14, i have done the biophysical profile. Hummn. The result is not encouraging.
LO is in distress. The baby is measuring 29 weeks today.
Was told to bring the baby out in 72hrs.
Weight is 1.4 kg.

I don carry my matter put for God hand.
God has got your back mama. Do not be disturbed as it is well with you and LO.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lotannad: 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
i dont think it is ok to use fragrances or perfumes for kids talkless babies.they hv their natural sweet smell!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
Giddyperson:

Do babies use deodorant?
You will be surprised at the vast array of baby perfume and cologne in the market! I was gifted some Johnson baby cologne when I gave birth but used it on me instead. Baby scent is pure and never offensive so didn't see the need to apply it.

To each their own sha.

13th is tomorrow o! Hope you and Sansa are ready? grin may it end in praise for you all.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
Congrats to d latest mummies,May God bless u Nd ur lo's..Sansa where re u tho i saw u peeping yesterday grin,mrs Giddyperson hw far now we dey wait una BA.wishing we d remaining mama a stress free pregnancy#proudlyTeamMay#. kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
oamronnie:
cologne/fragrances for babies are actually available by different known brands bt it doesn't seem necessary, like mama liftedhands pointed out since babies av their natural beautiful scent.moreover, one can't tell if there are downsides to using such seemingly unnatural products on babies. I also think dt d smell of deodorant will too harsh on a baby's lungs&d substance on their skin; it is used to control sweat or d smell of it which babies don't av.
cc
Benignasweety

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
mignone:

cologne/fragrances for babies are actually available by different known brands bt it doesn't seem necessary, like mama liftedhands pointed out since babies av their natural beautiful scent.moreover, one can't tell if there's are downsides to using such seemingly unnatural products on babies. I also think deodorant is too harsh on a baby's lungs and it is used to control sweat or d smell of it which babies don't av.
cc
Benignasweety
I didnt use it on his body ma, I used them on his clothes cuz of dix breast milk fragrance and d kiln smell... got it now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hello mamas in the house, im 4wks prgnant and im having mild cramps in my lower pelvis . Is this normal

Is pregnacare safe to use now and what dose should be taken

Pls reply me. God bless us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YACAA(f): 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
Elixir123:
Good lovely mamas, pls I need your expert advice MA's. So I complained earlier about body weakness and all.I went for a test and It turns out I have malaria.
I was given parecetamol and Coartem ( the coartem is in capsule form and colour green) to be taken 1 twice daily .
Pls mamas is it safe to take this drug ? Has anyone used it.A doctor not a gynea saw me though my file showed my preggie history .
I'm 15wks gone.
Thanks mas

Hi dear,
Sorry to hear about the malaria condition. From what I know coartem is not the drug of choice for treating malaria in pregnancy;this is because it can lead to the loss of the pregnancy or other fetal defect problems. Please please please see a gynae immediately and double check for the right medication to be prescribed; he would select a drug of choice based on your trimester. Also let them check your Hb levels to ensure that they are not so low due to the malaria. Wish you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
I didnt use it on his body ma, I used them on his clothes cuz of dix breast milk fragrance and d kiln smell... got it now?
hmmmm my sister, I thought as much when I read it dt it cld be dis breast milk mess dt escapes d bib to avoid smelly-smelly dt made u come up wif dt bt u knw nt everyone probes further. before smbody will goan think/do otherwise & begin quote nairaland pregnancy thread when asked.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
mignone:

hmmmm my sister, I thought as much when I read it dt it cld be dis breast milk mess dt escapes d bib to avoid smelly-smelly dt made u come up wif dt bt u knw nt everyone probes further. before smbody will goan think/do otherwise & begin quote nairaland pregnancy thread when asked.
Na tru sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 7:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
prettmum:
PLEASE MAMAS HELP ME OOOOO
I'M HAVING CRAMPS SINCE YESTERDAY NIGHT EVERY 10 MINUTES, WENT TO HOSPITAL, DR CHECKED ME AND SAID I'M STILL 2CM THAT I SHOULD GO AND COME BACK IF THE PAIN INCREASE OR I NOTICE ANYTHING STRANGE AS I GOT HOME, I WIPE AND SAW BROWN MUCUS PLUG AND IS STILL COMING OUT with PAIN.
CC
LIFTEDHANDS
ZAYNIE
FEDDY27
MIGNONE
I'm sorry, jst seeing this mention. like one mama rightly said, u're in labour. hope u're in safe hands; may God make it easy for u. do take care& try to feed us back.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by poshestmina(f): 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
lotannad:
i dont think it is ok to use fragrances or perfumes for kids talkless babies.they hv their natural sweet smell!
I tell you ,there's this heavenly so so sweet smell babies have (like fresh bread lol),i started sniffing lo 's thing just to smell it .i'd not trade that 4 anything in the world .No need spoiling it ,they v pleeeeenty time ahead 2 use roll on and whatever.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
Dazzle86:

I had a myo two a year and a half ago, hoping for a normal delivery. Are you sure it was not spinal anesthesia that was used for your myo.

True. Just assumed it was one and the same. What's your doc saying bout vaginal birth after myomectomy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Kloness:
Hello everyone! Team April# I put to bed yesterday! Welcomed out princess 2.6kg! We are fine and back home. Birth story loading...thanking God for every.. smiley
Cc Cappo Giddyperson

Congratulobia teamie. God will make your princess a glorious wonder to her generation.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gwng: 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
Educational Tablets for students (available on Konga & Jumia, you can as well buy directly from us: 08060675824).

Best Selling EDUCATIONAL TABLET. Useful for students in school and at home. They are the best 'educational' tablet you can get for your child/ward/student with several specially packaged educational resources for Nursery, Primary & Secondary Students.

We have included the Konga links SO YOU CAN SEE OTHER BUYERS' REVIEWS (actual prices are slightly different if buying directly from us):

WiFi Only Versions (Non Sim Type)
Kindergarten, Nursery & Primary
konga.com/a-7-inch-tablet-kin-nur-and-primary-wifi-only-version-1571853
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-pry-students-standard-1315431

Secondary
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-basic-1728066
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-standard-1728071

3G Versions (Uses sim)
Kindergarten, Nursery & Primary
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-and-pry-basic-3g-version-1343283
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-and-pry-standard-3g-version-1343275
konga.com/a-7-tablet-kin-nur-and-pry-premium-3g-version-1343266

Secondary
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-3g-basic-1343262
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-3g-standard-1343225
konga.com/a-7-tablet-secondary-3g-premium-1342833

To buy directly from us call/whatsapp 08060675824 or visit www.edtech.com.ng/shop

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
My family doctor says its better to take folic acid, ferrous, bcomplex instead of pregnacare cus some pregnacare may have some other supplement in it which u are not sure of and u might hv allergy to it..
Cubes01:
Hello mamas in the house, im 4wks prgnant and im having mild cramps in my lower pelvis . Is this normal

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Lady sansa stop peeping hope u are doing fine @sansa143

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Cubes01:

Mild cramps is normal cuz your organs are shifting to accommodate the baby, but if it gets painful or unbearable, go to the hospital.

Yeah pregnacare is very safe, but I think they might give you that when you start antenatal. For now you can start taking folic acid

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.