Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,870 members, 7,862,920 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:01 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8272965 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 12:29am On Jun 16, 2017
nancyij:
hi my last yr august cappo,longest time,are u answering another present this yr?woow congrat dear,how is my baby boy doing
My Dear na so life jam me O ooo......Ekene is doing fine. Thanks for asking. How is your Lil one?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mbliz(f): 2:35am On Jun 16, 2017
Lecture 101
mama's pls I need full tutorial on life after birth. What to and what not to do after giving birth having various birth methods in mind. @ reniduke n @ giddyperson, thanks for sharing.

How many hours or minutes should one sit over hot water after giving birth.

Want to buy diapers for lo, but was told that I need lo's kg before buying it. pls how true is it. And which diaper is the best

Is baby wipe good for new born.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 6:28am On Jun 16, 2017
Before I start to read from page 3138 where I left, let me first say to my Teamies that AM SORRY i went MIA without prior notice.
I really miss this my e - family. #TeamJulyforswaggaliciousbaby how are we all doing? I travelled and was really busy that I couldn't even handle my phone not to talk of coming online.
Let me now start to read from where I stopped the last time.
E-hugs and kiss kiss

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2017
Morning all,congrats to all mamas dat have put to bed n swift delivery to d waddlers!
Sorry I wan rant oh!
I was so excited dat I won't c Anty flow till after am done breastfeeding lo!Only to wake up exactly 8wks post to start seeing signs!And d it was full blown dis mrn!I went to get pad only to b told dat always ultra is 5h,i told my boo dat is beta make ppesin cari again cos I can't imagine spending 5h evry mnth all in d name of pad!Now I miss dos precious nine mnths cry cry cry

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Targatarga(f): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Birth alert.....
So I welcomed my charming prince on June 12 with little tears. Birth story later.. Team June for supernatural delivery.

38 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2017
Mbliz:
Lecture 101
mama's pls I need full tutorial on life after birth. What to and what not to do after giving birth having various birth methods in mind. @ reniduke n @ giddyperson, thanks for sharing.

How many hours or minutes should one sit over hot water after giving birth.

Want to buy diapers for lo, but was told that I need lo's kg before buying it. pls how true is it. And which diaper is the best

Is baby wipe good for new born.
Thanks
If you get an episiotomy, while you're being stitched, ask if you can sit on hot water, if they say no don't do it no matter how many people come to your house later and say you can. Cuz if you do it, your stitches would loosen and you would have to get restitched.

There's also warm sitz baths which is done by sitting on warm water (warm enough to pour on your body). You can do that one. Zaynie made a post on it around 20-21st April, you can stalk her and read the post.

Cook a massive pot of vegetable soup and take a bowl of it everyday alongside all the orisirisi they are cooking for you so that your poo would remain soft and u won't loosen your stitches while straining to poo

If your hp is like mine that doesn't like soap and antiseptics then use savlon very sparsely else you would end up with an infection.

Take your post-childbirth drugs religiously, even if you are a drug throwawayer like me.

Just wash and dry ur hp area every time you use the toilet, if you keep it clean and dry at all times, it would heal fast.

Get like 4 small towels for the drying part so you can wash every time you use them.

Sit with your legs closed, don't walk around a lot, don't do stressful stuff, just rest.

After the first three days, or whenever the bleeding reduces to just drops, dump the lady sept pads and switch to pantie liners so that you can change it every time you feel something drop on it and for fresh air cheesy

If breast milk doesn't come in early, still just allow baby suck a lot, let her spend 24/7 on the breast if that's what it takes to get her full, that way the flow would improve. If she's too hungry and wailing tho, supplement with formula until it starts flowing well.

You can buy size 2 diapers, that's what I bought, but don't buy too much cuz you would probably get a lot of gift diapers and they might all be size 2 too. I bought just one pack of size 2 molfix diaper, the one that has 48 or so inside, didn't have to buy again cuz she was using gifts until last week when she grew to a size 3. Right now you still don't know which diaper would be good on her skin so don't buy in bulk yet.

As for baby wipes, is there an alternative?

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:26am On Jun 16, 2017
Targatarga:
Birth alert.....

So I welcomed my charming prince on June 12 with little tears.
Birth story later..
Team June for supernatural delivery.
Yay June 12 baby, congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2017
Sansa143:
Morning all,congrats to all mamas dat have put to bed n swift delivery to d waddlers!
Sorry I wan rant oh!
I was so excited dat I won't c Anty flow till after am done breastfeeding lo!Only to wake up exactly 8wks post to start seeing signs!And d it was full blown dis mrn!I went to get pad only to b told dat always ultra is 5h,i told my boo dat is beta make ppesin cari again cos I can't imagine spending 5h evry mnth all in d name of pad!Now I miss dos precious nine mnths cry cry cry

Hohohohoho, ndo. Me I'm seeing signs too but I just don't want to believe it. Olorun maje cheesy. As for the pads, you can switch to our good old lady septs, it's only 300 or so cheesy. On a serious note, I still remember when always was 250, it's now sold for 400 around here, I hear that during the civil war, the woman cut up wrappers and put in their panties, you better start practising cuz Biafra is coming cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mbliz(f): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2017
Giddyperson:

If you get an episiotomy, while you're being stitched, ask if you can sit on hot water, if they say no don't do it no matter how many people come to your house later and say you can. Cuz if you do it, your stitches would loosen and you would have to get restitched.

There's also warm sitz baths which is done by sitting on warm water (warm enough to pour on your body). You can do that one. Zaynie made a post on it around 20-21st April, you can stalk her and read the post.

Cook a massive pot of vegetable soup and take a bowl of it everyday alongside all the orisirisi they are cooking for you so that your poo would remain soft and u won't loosen your stitches while straining to poo

If your hp is like mine that doesn't like soap and antiseptics then use savlon very sparsely else you would end up with an infection.

Take your post-childbirth drugs religiously, even if you are a drug throwawayer like me.

Just wash and dry ur hp area every time you use the toilet, if you keep it clean and dry at all times, it would heal fast.

Get like 4 small towels for the drying part so you can wash every time you use them.

Sit with your legs closed, don't walk around a lot, don't do stressful stuff, just rest.

After the first three days, or whenever the bleeding reduces to just drops, dump the lady sept pads and switch to pantie liners so that you can change it every time you feel something drop on it and for fresh air cheesy

If breast milk doesn't come in early, still just allow baby suck a lot, let her spend 24/7 on the breast if that's what it takes to get her full, that way the flow would improve. If she's too hungry and wailing tho, supplement with formula until it starts flowing well.

You can buy size 2 diapers, that's what I bought, but don't buy too much cuz you would probably get a lot of gift diapers and they might all be size 2 too. I bought just one pack of size 2 molfix diaper, the one that has 48 or so inside, didn't have to buy again cuz she was using gifts until last week when she grew to a size 3. Right now you still don't know which diaper would be good on her skin so don't buy in bulk yet.

big kiss and hug for you mama. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2017
oyinmama:
@ capo phlakkeys and my #TeamJuly mates....I don port to June to ooo!!! Birth alert and birth story....

My pregnancy was the roughest to say the least....after a 12 year break....with an EDD of July 26, I was just counting down and could not wait for all the preggie symptoms to disappear!! My hubby and two daughters aged 14 and 12 were my strongest support ever.

I moved to a new country just last week, resumed June 1 and luckily hubby came along to settle.me down. Only for the second jigijigi to occur throughout this pregnancy to take place two nights ago and low and behold, my waters broke and I poured all night.....I was crying all through and hubby blamed himself all night for initiating cool cool

Fast forward to yesterday morning, reported to the hospital that had been recommended to me in my new city of abode, and for the scan to reveal that there was little or no amniotic fluid left o....inmediate management was to bring my baby out ASAP...at 33 weeks plus 2 days o.....via CS as they didn't even want to risk a vaginal delivery to avoid trauma or infection to baby. Despite my being a medical doctor, I cried myself silly and have been worried all night about possible complications of delivery at this stage including the possibility of a NICU stay for baby and my fear of CS as my first two were vaginal at 37+ May I advise at this point not to let too much Google mess up our heads.....I read up the good, bad and ugly and was scared silly . I was given steroid shots to aid baby's lungs and also commenced on prophylactic antibiotics and CS scheduled for 1300 hours today. To God be all the glory my people, following start of surgery, baby was our in roughly 3 minutes and yelled his lungs out. On examination by the receiving paediatrician, we were informed he had a fantastic Apgar score of 9, all was good and there was not the slightest indication for NICU stay for even a second....my people.....I was shedding tears on the surgery table of gratitude to God for His mercies indeed last forever

Baby is sleeping peacefully right now, I am still on an adrenaline high and wide awake....what more can I ask for an early 40th birthday present?

To my #TeamJuly team members; I hate to leave, but I guess Baba God decided otherwise #TeamJune am I welcome? XY delivered June 9, 2017. God bless us all!! kiss kiss
He is a faithful God and He will never leave His people.
Imagine @ 33weeks without nicu.
It has ended in praise so we return all the glory to Him.
We #TeamJuly use you as a point of contact and pray it will be easy, swift, delivery to us all.
Big congrats ma and thanks for the sharp BS.
We pray you will experience this also with your baby at due time.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2017
keeki:
I want to say thank you to all the mamas that reached out to me.may God bless you.the contractions have stopped and we are on bed rest till further notice.not been easy but God is faithful.may God see us through till full term in Jesus named.#teamjulyfornoloss #teamjulyforhebrewbirth
As you've said it in His ears, so shall it be.
#TeamJulyGodgotus
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:

Yipeee, congratulations momma!
Phlakkeys we don snatch another one! grin
Pls ma, snatch as many as you can.
All we pray for is safe delivery with plenty money.
@mama maureensylvia, big congrats to you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 9:27am On Jun 16, 2017
queenhecate:
Make I kukuma comot from the tree wey I hide since dey peep. Please ooo team July welcome me ooo, I been dey peep una since but I will peep no more
I
My EDD na July 8th.
July cappo I dey here oo
You are highly welcome. Thank God the peeping period is over.
Pls sama us baby's gender.
@ forzarush, thanks for the prayers.
@ all teamies that represented on bumping Tuesday, thanks for representing well, even though I miss all the shows of bump.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2017
niphmmy:
Mamas, pls help me shook mouth on ds matter o. For like three days now, Iv not been able to sit comfortably due to pain in d anus region. I just managed to touch/feel it last night, only to discover that part of d anus is coming out. Pls, what can I do ,cos I'm really in pains. pls, don't read and pass o. #teamjulyforswiftdelivery
cc: all mamas.
I can see plenty mamas don torchlight the matter.
How is it now?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2017
congrats mama, May GOD bless your LO. waiting for your BS.
Targatarga:
Birth alert.....

Birth story later..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2017
maureensylvia:
my bs

Title: man proposes, God disposes

initially my edd was June 30 and July 3, I had to go with my 2nd edd cos I tot it will even pass, my next appointment was on 20th.

on Saturday I loosed my hair called d lady that will fix my weavon on Sunday to come and style my hair. she said she will come on Monday for my hair, I have already planned to take some photoshoots for my pregnancy make I slay small naa equally for my birthday coming up on 16th.

I bought my white gown ooo, sach, shoe, even top for my belly photos, I didn't feel labour pains at all was busy chatting nd stirring up quarrels at politics section just to keep myself busy cos my dh travelled to come back tomorrow.

around 5:30am yesterday, I was feeling contractions, I called it braxton hicks for where lie lie d pain increased, around 7 I called my friend who works in a teaching hospital to come, she checked me nd said i was 3cm.
what??
why??
how??
my hair nko, its unkempt

my photoshoot nko ahhh DAT one no go work ooo after everything I planned even dreamt of it

my dh that travelled nko he must be here to witness my labour ooo he no value labour he dey see am as to go piss

hey God ooo I Neva buy my rhogam ooo and it must b freezed, am not with 40k cash

the pain increased the more around 8, i was checked again and it was 5cm...OK ooo e don b naa, even my dh i called b like he wan cry for phone. hahahaha Now he is feeling it cos I purposely bombarded him with calls

I carried my back go put for car, walahi I can't drive myself, I called a friend to help me drive cos I no dey see myself then.

when we reached hospital around 9am I was checked again it was 8cm, chaii d pain is outta d world before I knew it I started shouting I want to pushhhh, as God will have it, I was delivered of my "ebony gold prince" at 9:37am, after arriving the hospital 30mins with no tear, baby weighing 3.4kg

In everything I give God all glory, truly man proposes God disposes

I didn't make my hair again
no photoshoot again awwww(e pain me)
my dh no dey

team June, July nd d rest teams safe delivery
to other waddling mamas safe delivery

to TTC nd those who said they have hung Dia boots...baby dust to u all
We thank God for the easy delivery. Welcome to our latest #TeamJuly bouncing baby boy.
Sorry for the Photoshop palava sad

@ all #TeamJuly Teamies who plan to take photoshoot especially our ftm, its high time we took the pictures (if you are not already taking quarterly photoshoot) before it will be too late.
#TeamJulyfornoloss
#TeamJulyforstrength
#TeamJulyforstressfreedelivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 9:48am On Jun 16, 2017
luckygirl02:
Enough is enough. Today I say NO to procrastination. I have been following this thread every single day since november last yr (what a long time). But that dominant lazy bone in me won't let me leave a comment.
But today I am an overcomer.
*clears throat* introduction.
First of all I want to greet all mothers. Those that have birthed their los and those of us stil in the business. It shall be well with us all. Amin.
Name is : as above
Mother's gender : obviously female
baby's gender: xy (provided the sonographer's eye sight are stil functioning perfectly). yeah yeah
EDD: July 17, plus or minus two weeks. ( the minus part sounds better).
Associated team ( eebo yi noni inkan) : July for sure. ( July cappo pls take note)
*Rolls eyes* Daz all. thank u all.
Note to self: If nobody welcomes u by tomorrow, come back here and welcome yourself.
LOLz.
Na this kind mama suppose don register from day one so she can use her skills very well grin
I don't even understand if na registration notice or na rant abi wetin I go call dis story self? grin grin
Anyways, no matter when you register, grace is sufficient.
You are welcome on board.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 9:58am On Jun 16, 2017
eksbabe:
Lol, here is one drama mummy. You are welcome teamie and i think we share same EDD wink. Ehnn the thing now is that you are late and one particular mama here collects latecomer dues, pls hold her money in hand to avoid embarassment. Do enjoy your stay kiss
Na real drama mummy she be.

forzarush:
All these latecomers that will coman be using scope to register sef, cappo Phlakkeys note the moniker abeg,she must pay fine for the last paragraph. Anyways welcome teamie, TEAMJULYFORSUPERNATURALBIRTH#
That her scope na first class. I seriously wished no one welcome her so we can laugh at how she will welcome herself. grin grin
@ luckygirl02, am in my house, come and catch me if u can undecided undecided undecided

nneejima:

Congratulations ma, welcome to team July. But why u come dey peep all dz while na. Please bring ur registration money.... Na late entry u know so na additional cost, cappo phlakkeys said i should collect it & forward it to her, NB: pay the dues to me quickly b4 she come else na triple due she go collect. *running away b4 cappo show face*
Me collect triple shocked shocked shocked? Like u don't know that I don't like money grin grin grin?
Anyways, salvation is free so let her go and sin no more.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 10:01am On Jun 16, 2017
Sansa143:
Sorry I wan rant oh!

It is allowed jo oh carri again. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Heard it's better to buy fragrance free wipes because the baby skin might be sensitive or allergic to the ones with fragrance. If you can get water wipes berra! Cc: Mbliz
Giddyperson:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2017
Targatarga:
Birth alert.....

Birth story later..

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2017
Hehehehe okay nau cheesy go remove your implant make you give Jayden a sister biko grin happy bumping soon tongue na all those nurses go yab you when you go register for antenatal, carry Jayden along grin
Sansa143:
Sorry I wan rant oh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 10:16am On Jun 16, 2017
luckygirl02:
This due matter, Biko mamas make una pity me and my unborn children na.
**crying**
I never knew this drama mama can be gentle now sha tongue

By the way,

eksbabe:
Ehnn the thing now is that you are late and one particular mama here collects latecomer dues, pls hold her money in hand to avoid embarassment. Do enjoy your stay kiss

beyedew:

Mama, may God upgrade your ministry, Amen. You dey mind that mama @luckygirl02 and her drama. After the drama biko jejely coman pay your dues and fine too. Welcome ma and happy bumping.

forzarush:
cappo Phlakkeys note the moniker abeg,she must pay fine for the last paragraph.

nneejima:

NB: pay the dues to me quickly b4 she come else na triple due she go collect. *running away b4 cappo show face*

beyedew:

*side eyes her at bolded*
Be deceiving yasef ma. No come near my money ooo.

queenhecate:

come self, you wey dey find dues upandan, which month you dey set and who come make you capoo join?
I don't use one bad eye dey look you from here. kwontinue you hear?

Why una all dey fight for money? I think say dollar don come down so recession don go now.
Anyways, me I no dey for una fight for money because if mama zaynie enter here now, after you pay the money to her, she go still collect ten percent of the money join.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 16, 2017
C u,u dey even support me cheesy cheesy cheesy!I will have to b sacrificing 5h evry mnth,how man go do!Am still team 2019 by His grace,i no fit d waka wit twins(Jay 4 hand n anoda 4 belle)! grin grin
Naomi14:
Hehehehe okay nau cheesy go remove your implant make you give Jayden a sister biko grin happy bumping soon tongue na all those nurses go yab you when you go register for antenatal, carry Jayden along grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2017
Nah,i neva rdy to join una,na just 2mnths ppost oh grin grin!Am still team 2019 by His grace!Hapi bumping!
lioha:

It is allowed jo oh carri again. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2017
Giddyperson:

Hohohohoho, ndo. Me I'm seeing signs too but I just don't want to believe it. Olorun maje cheesy. As for the pads, you can switch to our good old lady septs, it's only 300 or so cheesy. On a serious note, I still remember when always was 250, it's now sold for 400 around here, I hear that during the civil war, the woman cut up wrappers and put in their panties, you better start practising cuz Biafra is coming cheesy
Always was even 150 b4 it jumped to 200 den 250 den400 n all of a sudden 5h!Would have love dat ur suggestion but I love dap wit wings grin grin grin!My dear,i did dat wrapper thing oh,mumci started dat one 4 us b4 we starting using dap(Trust),how much dat one b now I no knw!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MissIndependent(f): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2017
Giddyperson:

Please what is hp? And how can one get a flat tummy back after pregnancy and delivery? Quoting this for reference purpose thanks. Looking forward to your reply cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2017
Update on
TEAM JULY ROLL CALL FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE 2017.

1. oyinmama ------ EDD 26/7, Port to 9/6, Bouncing Baby Boy, BA&BS seen. Our first #TeamJuly testimony. How is baby doing kiss?
2. maureensylvia ---EDD 3/7, Port to 12/6, Bouncing Baby Boy, BA&BS seen. How is vigilante going ma? kiss to him.
3. spiceeamie ------ Team XX, EDD 29/7 I hope u've gotten enough info about the reusable diaper. It's well with us
4. eksbabe ----------- Team XY, EDD 19/7 Our packaging small bump mama, hope d go dey go
5. nneejima ---------- Team XY, EDD 9/7 I love your spirit ma. Keep up the good work. It will end in praise
6. Bbglory------------- Team XY, EDD 14/7 I guess the packing don start. Pls, keep counting down cause we are almost there
7. chocome ---------- Team XX, EDD 17/7 I hope you were able to find solution to the muscle strain.
8. lululuv -------------- Team XY, EDD 9/7 How was your journey to the state? Praise will end our story
9. phlakkeys --------- Team XX, EDD 31/7 Holding on to God' s promises
10. nana228 ------- Team XX, EDD 20/7 Pls, don't get tired of the evening walk since u're hoping for 37/38 weeks. God is our strenght
11. Niyyah -------------- Team X? EDD 15/7 Glad to hear from you. God will be with us till the end and beyond.
12. missmalachi --- Team XX, EDD 1/7 Seriously counting down on point. Hope you are fine.
13. mojeco ---------- Team XX, EDD 5/7 Pls, if porting is d best, kindly do. Some mamas don already port this early. It will end in praise
14. Enkaylala2 ------ Team XY, EDD 30/7 The last reply from you was in April. I hope you are fine. Pls, come online and say hi.
15. niphmmy --------- Team XX, EDD 20/7 How is d pain now? Hope those suggestions work for you.
16. suremum --------- Team XY, EDD 30/7 Our sexy bump mama (though i didnt see it). God will continue to strengthen us.
17. forzarush --------- Team XY, EDD 31/7 The prayer warrior for #TeamJuly mums. Sure you are fine.
18. Burntcoal -------- Team X? EDD 29/7 Its been a while since we last heard from you. Pls, come online and let's know you are good.
19. lotannad ---------- Team X? EDD 30/7 Thank God we are almost there. How are the twins kicking. God got us.
20. olu21ola ---------- Team XY, EDD 18/7 How are you and how is the waddling ministry? Do take care of yourself.
21. bukunfunmi ------ Team XX, EDD 3/7 Pls ma, you need to come online so we'll know you are fine.
22. divie -------------- Team XY, EDD 20/7 I pray we'll count it all joy till the end. Dont worry, u'll get your beautiful look back soonest
23. hernyhorla ------ Team XY, EDD 5/7 You are good to go already. 37/38 weeks, it must end in praise and congratulations
24. Graciouscharis -- Team XY, EDD 8/7 How is the BH. Only praise and congratulations will end our story.
25. keeki ----------- Team XY, EDD 28/7 We thank God the contraction has stopped. Hope u are making good use of your best rest.
26. 1sttimeangie ---- Team XY, EDD 12/7 How is the waddling ministry ma, just to check on you.
27. Haryanphe ----- Team XX, EDD 16/7 Thank God you are fine. May His grace continue in our life
28. customised87 --- Team XX, EDD 23/7 I hope you've found a better position to sleep now. God will see us through
29. temmytayur ---- Team XX, EDD 20/7 I cant wait to come and chop party jollof rice. Praise lo ma gbeyin oro wa.
30. Mzbee --------- Team XX, EDD 29/7 How is the leg pain and voice loss issues? We are almost there
31. Damisinto ----- Team XY, EDD 26/7 Am sure you are fine. Just to say hi.
32. nggie -------------- Team XY, EDD 13/7 How is the ministry going? It is well with us.
33. clinik ---------------- Team XX, EDD 4/7 Hope you are good. We shall be congratulated at the end.
34. queenhecate ----- Team X?, EDD 8/7 Welcome ma. Kindly supply baby's gender.
35. luckygirl02 ------- Team XY, EDD 17/7 Welcome to you our #TeamJuly drama mama
36. edithodg ---------- Team X?, EDD 18/7

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by reniduke(f): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2017
Lol. Is taking care of baby not more than 5H a month? Diapers nko, wipes nko? Baby food? Beta buy your 5h in peace.
Sansa143:
Sorry I wan rant oh!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
Naomi14:
Heard it's better to buy fragrance free wipes because the baby skin might be sensitive or allergic to the ones with fragrance. If you can get water wipes berra! Cc: Mbliz
What brand do you use
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hello #TeamAugust,

May God assist us as we are approaching our neighbouring month. Hope our bags are getting ready small by small. Despite the fact that i am guilty of not shopping yet but God is our strength oooo.

I want us to note some things now as we are all in our third trimester. Kindly read through.........

This trimester is all about preparing for your new baby. Now’s the time to have fun stocking up on baby clothes and equipment, and dressing your growing bump!

1. Be aware of your baby’s movements
Your baby is growing all the time, so you may notice his movements change as he gets bigger.

Every baby has a different pattern of waking and sleeping, but you’ll come to know what’s normal for yours. You should feel your baby move right up to and during labour. If you notice any change in his usual pattern, always tell your midwife or doctor straight away.

2. Learn about third trimester antenatal appointments

During your third trimester antenatal appointments, your midwife will talk to you about preparing for labour and birth, including how to recognise the first signs of labour and how to cope with labour pain.

Your midwife will measure your bump at every antenatal appointment to check your baby’s growth. If she thinks your baby needs an extra check on how he is growing, she’ll arrange for you to have an ultrasound scan.

If this is your first baby, your midwife will offer you a membrane sweep at your 40-week antenatal appointment. If this doesn’t kick-start your labour, she’ll offer you another sweep at 41 weeks and talk to you about induction.

If you’ve had a baby before, your midwife will offer you a sweep at 41 weeks.

3. Be aware of pregnancy symptoms you should never ignore
Pre-eclampsia is a pregnancy condition that is thought to happen when the placenta isn’t working properly. It can happen from 20 weeks of pregnancy, but it's most likely to develop in the third trimester.

Your midwife will look out for the signs of pre-eclampsia when you have your routine antenatal checks. Symptoms include high blood pressure and protein in your wee.

Although the tests your midwife carries out are the most effective way to pick up developing pre-eclampsia, it’s worth being aware of the symptoms. Between appointments, watch out for severe headaches, blurred vision, vomiting or nausea and swollen hands and feet. Call your doctor or midwife immediately if you notice any of these symptoms and read our guide to other pregnancy symptoms you should never ignore.

4. Eat well
Eating well at this stage of pregnancy is important for your health and your baby’s health. Try to eat plenty of iron-rich food, which helps you to make red blood cells. Your baby will take iron stores from your body so he won’t run short, but you might.

Boost your iron intake by having meals with iron sources, such as lean meat, leafy greens and fortified cereal in your diet. Have a glass of orange juice with your meals to help your body to absorb iron. See our iron slideshow for easy ways to include iron in your diet.

5. Do some stretches
Now is a good time to learn stretches that will loosen up your body ready for your baby’s birth. These third trimester stretches will give you some ideas and help to ease any pregnancy aches and pains.

Even the occasional stretch and wiggle can help you avoid pregnancy niggles such as leg cramps. Just get moving and stretching!

6. Talk to your baby
Your baby can hear your voice now, and talking to him is a great way to start the bonding process. If having a conversation with your bump seems a bit odd, try reading a book, magazine, or newspaper aloud, or sing to him.

7. Learn about the stages of labour
It’s impossible to predict what your experience of labour will be like or how long it will last. But learning about what may happen can help you feel more in control when the time comes. Find out more about the three stages of labour.

8. Create a birth plan
A birth plan is a way for you to communicate your wishes to the midwives and doctors who look after you during labour. It tells them about the type of labour and birth you’d like to have, what you want to happen, and what you want to avoid. Things may not always go according to your plan, but writing one can help you to make decisions during labour.

9. Get to know your contractions
Just after the halfway point of your pregnancy, you may start to feel the muscles of your womb tighten from time to time. These contractions are called Braxton Hicks contractions. Not everyone has them though. If you do experience Braxton Hicks, make a note of how they feel and how often they happen as this may help you to distinguish them from the real signs of labour.

10. Buy clothes for your baby
Think about clothes, bedding and other essentials, such as nappies, that your baby will need. Buy the basics before he’s born and put aside some money to buy more later.

Bear in mind that you’re likely to get lots of clothing from friends and family as presents. Wash everything before use in non-biological washing powder, to avoid irritating your newborn baby’s sensitive skin.

11. Pack your hospital bag
Even if you’re not planning a hospital birth, you may need to go in unexpectedly, so it’s a good idea get your bag packed well before your due date. Our video shows what to include.

If you prefer, you could pack two bags: one for labour and the hours immediately after your baby is born, and another for a stay on the postnatal ward. Dads need bags too! Have a look at our suggestions on what your partner may need in their hospital bag.

Learn More here
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1051129/third-trimester-your-essential-pregnancy-to-do-list

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3152) (3153) (3154) (3155) (3156) (3157) (3158) ... (6961) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.