Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8144516 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 12:29am On Aug 04, 2012
wow Agiboma, i'm so happy for you,congrats, i wish you a storm free gestatation period and safe delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 04, 2012
agiboma,
well done on becoming a full member of your own thread grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 8:58am On Aug 04, 2012
plenty plenty (((HUGS))) Agiboma, welcome to the club. Soooooo happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by overkillR(f): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Hello to all expectant moms in d house. I'm bin secretly following this thread for a while now even though I haven't posted any comments. You guys are really doing a good job here.

I'm expecting my 3rd child. Infact my EDD was on thursday( 02/08/2012). I can't wait to have my baby. The sleepless nights and Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) is killing me. I can barely move around without support. Has anyone suffered from this before? Pls try and share your experience with me. And also how did you deal with constipation?

I wish every momma a safe delivery!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by makivy(f): 3:31am On Aug 05, 2012
Hi house,pls does anyone know the antenatal days in lasuth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nenepea(f): 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
Am so happy for you Agiboma, wishing you a blissful 9 months ahead!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mightlove(f): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
congrats agiboma.wish u a stress free pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
Congrats Maran and Agiboma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone im just planning my course of action. Talking to my parientologist in Toronto and planning my return home for a bit. wink wink wink, Im trying to channel positive healing energy this time around and I know g-d will make it a different experience for me this time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mightlove(f): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2012
agiboma: Thanks for all the well wishes everyone im just planning my course of action. Talking to my parientologist in Toronto and planning my return home for a bit. wink wink wink, Im trying to channel positive healing energy this time around and I know g-d will make it a different experience for me this time.
amen. It will be different by His grace

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2012
Dear All,

I am a regular visitor to Nairaland, but I have not been able to post / comment for a long time because I could not remember my password.

I want to vent my depression as I have no one to talk to, would try to make this as short as possible. To start with, my temperament is melancholy. Melancholies struggle with periods of depression & bitter sweet moments. Words count with us and we hurt easily.

I am 9 months pregnant, and combining this current status with my temperament has not been easy. Pregnancy on its own is not an easy journey and it is sad when your hubby does not understand this. I have a fantastic hubby, but these past 9 months have been challenging & more depressing for me because he expects me to be a super woman. I think this is very selfish, mean and cruel.

I am a full time working lady & very hard working, am not boasting about it. All through my pregnancy, I ensured that I did not allow the sickness associated with pregnancy to slow me down. I always cooked & went to the market myself. My hubby goes to work with lunch and eats every night. The very few times when am unable to make his dinner, due to extreme fatigue, my dear hubby wears a long face & prepares only his own food, without asking me if I have eaten. I find that very selfish, but I have bottled it up. Imagine, me curled up in bed, too tired & hungry, and my dear hubby goes into the kitchen, prepares something, and eats alone, without looking at me twice. He makes very annoying statements, like “am pretending or am I the first pregnant woman!”

All through this pregnancy, I have suffered extreme pelvic pain, waist pain & swellings. My feet size went from size 39 – 42. I feel pains standing for more than 10 mins, but I bear it all & pretend, least my hubby makes more annoying statement. I can cope with the physical pains, but I cannot combine this with verbal abuse & emotional pain. I get really uncomfortable most times, and simply requests like pls turn off the AC, give me your pillow, pls open the windows are met with negative responses most times or done grudgingly. Even a simple massage request is always done in such haste.

This is my first pregnancy, and right now, I am extremely emotional. My mother is late and I miss her terribly. My family have only supported through phone calls. I feel sad, that my hubby has never volunteered to assist with the groceries or making breakfast / lunch / dinner/ laundry. Etc. I have asked for assistance a couple of times and I get a NO.

Am due in about 2 weeks and I am so anxious & scared. My pelvic pains are so extreme that they keep me awake most nights, most times I cry at night. I can’t turn and walk with so much difficulty. Last Sunday, I had to scream at him, that I want to be pampered. He was saying a lot of hurtful things and I had to plead that he should keep quiet least he says more hurtful things. He says am disrespectful & my attitude is bad. Please, how do I maintain a respectful attitude when I am in so much pain / discomfort and he has not shown any care during the time I need him the most. I try to respect him a lot but I think he has an esteem issue, because every of my actions are counted as disrespect! I walk on egg shell all day.

Am anxious & nervous at the thought of being a mother, the labor pains, sleepless nights after the baby is born are all making me depressed. Even the thought of having my mother in law stay with us is getting me scared. (She is a very nice woman, but the thot still scares me). Right now, I want to curl up in bed, have someone massage my body, feed me breakfast in bed, pray with me, make my nails, stroke my hair and tell me all will be well. But no one to do that. I am tempted to spend the weekend with my father, but he would smell something is wrong, and he lives far away from me.

I have decided that since no one wants to pamper me, I would pamper myself. I would cook when I have the energy, (no point stressing myself for a man that does not appreciate), I would sit by the beach, read a book & let the wind sooth my troubled heart, I would go the cinemas, walk around the malls, eat out & buy lovely things for myself……..

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
I'm soooo sorry, some men are just so selfish and inconsiderate, you've done right by coming here, we're sisters and friends, we share joys and pains, you're welcome, you'll always find a friend here, what's your facebook name, I could be a friend, I could use a friend myself
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
I'm sorry for your pain, some men are just so selfish and inconsiderate, just put your trust in God, you did the the right thing by posting here, there's always a friend, and someone who understands, what's your facebook name, I could use a friend myself
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2012
@Mogbomoya, udoka2
Thanks so much. I went to health plus @Ikeja but saw the tablet not the tea of red raspberry leaf and i bought it. Just 34 weeks now. Can i start taking it?

They wrote 2 daily on it, should i start straight off with 2 or start with one.

But on getting to adeniran ogunsanya health plus yesterday, i saw the red raspberry tea and i bought it again. Where should i start from.

Expecting ur reponse soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by infogenius(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2012
@fantababy : touched by your account.I am also an expextant father and my dw should put to bed in about a week,though she had been very strong by God's grace I have had to help do some things once in a while.There is something she says whenever she needs help and I'm busy doing something she feels is unneccessary.Let's she needs help in the kitchen.
She will say "you will eat early if this food comes out on time and two of urs can make it come out faster.Please do blend tomatoes for me while I fry or boil ......whatever"

It is usually like a hook on me.My strong advice is that since ur dh married u out of luv and not compulsion.Tell him on a lighter mood how u feel in ur body especially at this delivery period.And how much you love him and how he can be of help to you.Because no matter how it is ,when u put to bed u'll need him to help you.

You just have to make him understand,tell him to take a walk with you or drive you just try and have wonderful moments with him and I am sure you will be fine.

More importantly, change ur manners towards him, like when talking to him do it gently.Remove completely resentment from ur dealings with him and that may soften his heart and long for you more.

And don't forget to PRAY.
WIshing u d best and safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
@fantababy, so sorry to know what ur passing through. Do follow the advice from infogenius.
@Toyosi, The tablet works better than the tea. I would suggest you start taking one daily, with one cup of tea. From 37 weeks you can increase to 2 tablets with 2/3 bags of tea.
@House, I still dey push am oh. Am almost 39 weeks. Everyone is commenting how pretty am beginning to look again. I have lost a bit of weight.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nellyd(f): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
@fantababy,so sorry for what you are passing through. I wish men can also be pregnant to really understand what it feels like. I think you should get an house help. That would go a long way to help. Most importantly, take this problem to God in prayer,God can do all things.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nellyd(f): 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
Congrats agiboma. Wishing you the best of the 9months. Please, i really want to have a chat with u,kindly give me your email address. Sooner d better. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uyogabie(f): 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nice thread with so much love like one big family.Congratulations to all the new mums and congratulations to the expectant mums in advance.i'm preggie for my fourth baby and not finding it funny at all.I'm in my first trimester and the morning sickness is worst than my previous pregnancies.I feel heavier like i'm 4months!i'm worried it might be a twin!My last kids are twin.would have love to register for antenatal now but i'm planning on relocating from here before the end of the month.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nenepea(f): 8:29am On Aug 09, 2012
Hi fantababy, I felt so sad wen I read yur post. Some men just don't understand the stress associated wit pregnancy. pls try to make yurself as happy as you can. Pamper yurself by going for massages, safe beauty treatments, walks and special treats.
Cast yur mind away from the troubles around you and concentrate on yur forthcoming baby. This is a special moment in yur life, enjoy it!

The lord is yur strength.
@ all, hope you're well and strong!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mightlove(f): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
@fantababy: i feel so sad you have to go through all this extra emotional stress in additio to that of pregnancy. Infact ,y eyes were filled with tears as i read you post cos no woman deserves such ttreatment. Was it your hubby against you people having this baby in the 1st place? I cant understand why he is so insensitive. All i can say is that you just take things easy, pray and ask God for wisdom to be able to address this. He needs to know how much you are hurting both physically and emotionally. You need to sit him down and talk to him prayerfully. The earlier he know how badly you feel the better so that he can at least, try to correct the wrong he has done. Pele dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
@fantababy.. na wah o. shocked .. sorry to hear about your depression .. i think your last paragraph is what you should, take time to pamper your self.

My husband pampers me and I thank God for him and when he can't be there he pays for someone to do the pampering for example paying for a caterer to cook or paying for a massage. may be your husband won't mind paying
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
I am a first time mom (FTM) and I am now 23 weeks. I can feel baby kicking. but i am getting worried that all her kicks are below my belly button and above my bikini area. Is this normal?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by infogenius(m): 7:26am On Aug 10, 2012
camrygmail: I am a first time mom (FTM) and I am now 23 weeks. I can feel baby kicking. but i am getting worried that all her kicks are below my belly button and above my bikini area. Is this normal?

Very normal my dear.Nothing to worry about.But I had been worried when dw complained about these kicks and the pains that she was experiencing.But the nurses will say it is just normal.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2012
fantababy, sorry to hear your story. It is well, God is strength, you will deliver safely in Jesus name. Can any of your sisters come over, it'll help. Your sisters-in-law too can help. If there's any one you are more friendly with, that lives nearby, ask to come over and a few days with you. In the meantime, make yourself happy. Do you love music, play your favourite music all the time, watch movies, sing and dance. It'll lift your spirits. And keep praying, God'll see you through. Ok sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by overkillR(f): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2012
overkill®:
Hello to all expectant moms in d house. I'm bin secretly following this thread for a while now even though I haven't posted any comments. You guys are really doing a good job here.

I'm expecting my 3rd child. Infact my EDD was on thursday( 02/08/2012). I can't wait to have my baby. The sleepless nights and Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) is killing me. I can barely move around without support. Has anyone suffered from this before? Pls try and share your experience with me. And also how did you deal with constipation?

I wish every momma a safe delivery!

Last thursday I was 41weeks, So my doctor did a membrane sweep. Damn! That's the most uncomfortable thing a pregnant woman should go through. Anyway, I went into labour about 2hrs later and I had my beautiful daughter on the 10/082012 @ 12:04pm. I give God all the glory!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Congratulations Overkill, May the Lord Preserve ur Family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Congratulations overkill!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
congrats overkill
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2012
Congratulations. More of such stories please.

I have finally done my baby shopping, washed the clothes, cleaned out his cot and i am ready for my LO to come.
Next week's project will be to decorate his room and pack my hospital bag.
Still far but so close.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2012
Congrats overkill,God bless and keep ur baby girl.

To all other expectant mommas in the house God will give u all breakthroughs IJN,Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by overkillR(f): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2012
Thanks everyone!

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.