Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8267331 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iaatmgirl: 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
Good evening mummies n mummies in the making.

I need some advice or confirmation. I am 9 weeks along and been having this crazy headache on & off , and being so tired a lot.

I went to hospital this morning (not started antenatal) to see Dr and ran some tests. He said I had malaria 1+. I was given chloroquine, piriton & paracetamol for 3 days. asked him about its safety for mum n baby and he said it's fine that malaria can't be left untreated.

My concern o, I thought treating malaria is not advised in first trimester for safety reasons except if v v necessary. Please advise me on if I can go ahead with the drugs or just wait a few weeks more.

The headache doesn't interrupt my daily activities except that days I have it, I try to sleep earlier. Its been this way for 2/3 weeks now. Tiredness was one of first symptoms. Besides those feelings, I am doing just fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
iaatmgirl:

I need some advice or confirmation. I am 9 weeks along and been having this crazy headache on & off , and being so tired a lot.

I went to hospital this morning (not started antenatal) to see Dr and ran some tests. He said I had malaria 1+. I was given chloroquine, piriton & paracetamol for 3 days. asked him about its safety for mum n baby and he said it's fine that malaria can't be left untreated.

Your doctor is right, chloroquine can be taken in pregnancy, piriton is in case of allergy from the chloroquine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iaatmgirl: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Your doctor is right, chloroquine can be taken in pregnancy, piriton is in case of allergy from the chloroquine.

Thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
i4eva:
Good day blessed mamas. It's been a while and I sure have missed being here. Plenty catching up to do. Congrats to all those who have birthed their love bundles (una go done plenty by now) more power to those still waddling like yours truly and to those TTC, keep the faith for God's got you. @Rhemy2013 ore mi, you're the sweetest. How is our prince? you must be getting your sexy back on by now. Me never offload yet oo. Don't even know where I belong as I'm still being told it's going to be either May or June. @goodfortun mama hope this isn't coming late. The Napper is the so called rocker; it's supposed to vibrate when you attach and turn on the small battery operated black device. Mine no gree vibrate though, it's only playing soft music and other white noises plus night light.

U av been MIA since may,I jst thought of u..I don email u tire buh no response..I hope ur good ma pls pop in to say hello even if it's with another moniker..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SULPHUROXIDE: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
GOOD EVENING TO ALL WONDERFUL MAMAS IN THE HOUSE,ESPECIALLY TEAM FEBRUARY BELLEFULL MAMAS,hmmm! So i joined this super exciting group on facebook and its been fun all the way,i learnt something new today and i am definitely going to share with you wonderful mamas,especially veteran mamas. Its all about this northern method of increasing libido called $ex sweetner and how to tighten our vjay using natural fruits.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
kelizosuy:
Curvilicious she's fine oh..
You nor even ask of me.. Issoria

No be assss i assss of you so? Ah

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nor be only asss u asssss of me undecided undecidedNa bwess u bwess of me undecided
curvilicious:

No be assss i assss of you so? Ah

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beatiegirl(f): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hello house,
Can someone help me out here. It's my first preg, and I'm in my 8th week.
I have not been taking any pre natal vitamins or folic acid, I couldn't stand it as the smell of any drug just upsets my system.
Plus my mouth is bitter and I feel like there's something in my throat refusing to go down.
Is it okay for my baby if I don't take any pre vitamins at least for now? biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
@beyedew congratulations once again sis!
Thank God you and baby is fine!

Thanks for the mention!

Abeg leave cookie jar alone o lol.....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adezie: 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
EstyBle:

It has been a long journey,over a year now.....
What a story! The things mothers go through to have their babies. Happy birthday to your boy and I hope you get totally healed.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
beatiegirl:
Hello house,
I have not been taking any pre natal vitamins or folic acid, I couldn't stand it as the smell of any drug just upsets my system.
Plus my mouth is bitter and I feel like there's something in my throat refusing to go down.

Congratulations and welcome sis!

Please try taking folic acid as it helps in the formation of the fetus....

You can also try eating loads and loads of vegetables and fruits.

And I will advice you start antenatal so that you can be monitored by your doctor and you can also relate your concerns to him too!

Other sabi mamas go chook mouth.

Once again, welcome and happy bumping!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
sweetlady4real:
I'm acknowledging you for who you are,
For what you've done, in my life
I'm acknowledging you for who you are,
Dansaki re,
Dansaki re baba.

Thank you Jesus for another beautiful year, I'm indeed grateful.

Happy birthday to me.

Hbd

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
beatiegirl:
Hello house,
That throat stuff no be here o. I will drink almost big eva of water finish d tin go rise up again. At a point i learnt hw2 cope wit it. As d pregnancy progressed it vanish. So dnt panick is part of pregnancy package. Tk ur drugs very important
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
Good evening mamas,
Thanks for the mention beyedew. May your testimony be permanent.
Team November how body? It's well with our souls.
Walking these days is something else. It comes with plenty Braxton Hicks, that I feel am going to pop out soon.
Supernatural delivery to us all.
May God Almighty go before us during the appointed time of delivery and take control of all medical personnel on duty.
Ameen thuma ameen

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Meeeeey: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
iaatmgirl:

Welcome Ma and wish you stress free pregnancy.

Malaria isn't good in pregnancy but I don't think 1+ is soo bad. I had a similar case in my first but didn't take d drug till second trimester. A regular Dr prescribed the drug (can't remember the name) but when I met a gynaecologist I was told not to take it that d malaria wasnt much.

And I don't know how safe paracetamol is in first trimester. I would advise you register n see a gynaecologist if it was a regular Dr you met and try to rest a lot.

Other Mama's can correct or add some things

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
kelizosuy:
Nor be only asss u asssss of me undecided undecidedNa bwess u bwess of me undecided
Finally saw Adele, she's so pretty. kiss Thanks for the tag

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Anyone using Alimosho general hospital at the moment? Want to know if a particular Doc is still there. Thanks in advance
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
Thanks ma'am
Was waiting for you to come before I take down the photo
Giddyperson:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
I am not sure what is safe or not but my doctor wouldn't give me any meds for headache or malaria till after 1st trimester. You could try home remedies for headache (sleep and use damp warm towel on ur head and necm).
If the malaria isn't bad, leave it till after 13weeks. And ive heard from different OBs that paracetamol is not good for pregnancy.
I suffer from migraine which gets worse once I'm pregnant but I endure it the first 3months for the sake of the unborn. Right now I use wipes warmer to warm up wet towels, one on my forehead and the other on my neck. I'm 9weeks+ as well.
All the best.
iaatmgirl:

The headache doesn't interrupt my daily activities except that days I have it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
Vitamins is majorly necessary in the 1st trimester especially folic acid. I'm not sure if there's any problem with u not taking it, but folic like I said is quote necessary in this stage. Try taking ur vitamins in between food...that helped me till I got used to it.
All the best.
beatiegirl:
Hello house,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
beatiegirl:
Hello house,

Please take the folic acid o, it's extremely important in the first trimester for formation of the baby's brain and nervous system.
It's very risky to brain development if not taken, especially for older moms.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 2:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Hello evry1 its really been a while, I know I've MD miss d any BAs n BS. Congrats to all team october momas,
May God Almighty make is easy for all of you.

I'm saddened by the news of loosing on of ur member, may God grant her soul eteral rest, and may he take care of the lo she left behind.in Jesus name, Amen.

Team october, I need a bday mate o, I rep 30th October. I ve a special package for the moma that will give m a bday mate.

Team November, your season is almost here.... It seemed like forever b4, now its count down....wish Hall safe delivery IJN

Former teammate #Teamseptember, howz ur Tummy? Any special trick to push it inside? Cox wrapper n gridle isn't giving me wat I wnt.

Cc: all sabi momas, pls help a sister.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 2:55am On Oct 29, 2017
peggygee:
Hello evry1 its really been a while, I know I've MD miss d any BAs n BS. Congrats to all team october momas,
May God Almighty make is easy for all of you.

I'm saddened by the news of loosing on of ur member, may God grant her soul eteral rest, and may he take care of the lo she left behind.in Jesus name, Amen.

Teamoctober, I need a bday mate o, I rep 30th October. I ve a special package for the moma that will give m a bday mate.

Team November, your season is almost here.... It seemed like forever b4, now its count down....wish Hall safe delivery IJN

Former teammate #Teamseptember, howz ur Tummy? Any special trick to push it inside? Cox wrapper n gridle isn't giving me wat I wnt.

Cc: all sabi momas, pls help a sister.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Whyterose: 3:15am On Oct 29, 2017
Bin away for a while now, cos I had so much on my plate. Bt to come back to meet Rip, is something I didn't foresee. Bt in all we can't question our creator. Sleeping lovely mama, @iya... Ur moniker stuck cos of ur lengthy prayer post. It is well with us all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 3:47am On Oct 29, 2017
my new captain after porting from may @iyomomoreloaded . may your beautiful and loving soul rest in peace.

wish other expectant and preggy mums safe, sound, stressfree and supernatural deliveries.....amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pacypatty(f): 4:08am On Oct 29, 2017
Seeing this about one of us is heart breaking, @iyomomoreloaded May her soul rest in peace, May God see every pregnant woman thru there shall be no loss again,Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2017
Giddyperson:
Pretty is an understatement
The Baby is kiss
I just wish somebody will just sneak a pic to sperm donor. The guy will run home by fire by force.

Keli
Greetings to u and Adele.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Pls I need any PH mama to recommend a good gynecology clinic for me.
The hospital I registered with is worse than a govt hospital.
Am hoping to register @UPTH soon but I already know I can't cope with their bottlenecks and wouldn't want to deliver there. Just going there for the experts there

Pls I need a private Obstetrician with good rating in PH.
Help a sister
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curve: 7:06am On Oct 29, 2017
iiaatmgirl

I treated malaria in my first trimester and I'm doing fine.

Doctor said it was better to treat it than leaving it unattended to.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curve: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2017
beatiegirl

Please take folic acid as it is very essential at this stage. You can take it with a glass of milk, juice, etc

Folic is a small tab na
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2017
Chai,dis belle Don do me strong thing See Me wey dey form sexy wen some mama's were complaining about stretch marks only for me to check my Tommy dis morning omo see marks as if somebody flog me with koboko, hubby was even pitying me cos he knows how much I hate it but seriously dat is d less of my worries now jawe, I count it all as d joy and Price of motherhood.

Happy Sunday house, no church for me today

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2017
olalayo1710:
Alhamdulilah, I never born still trusting in God

MashaAllah, me too.may Allah answer our prayers

(1) (2) (3) ... (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.