Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,941 members, 7,838,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8205013 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3894) (3895) (3896) (3897) (3898) (3899) (3900) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
belladsweet:
Wow will love to learn ofe onugbu too. So many delicacy...Dh and him people go hear am them go lick hand tire when they come visiting... grin grin grin grin

Ok if you can look up floraEC recipe for oha soup It's basically the same thing. Only that there won't be uziza and oha instead you put your well washed bitterleaf. Bitterleaf washed the igbo way i.e no shreding, the leaves will be long long.
For finger licking ofe onugbu, use ede (cocoyam) as thickner instead of achi, ofo or ukpo and of course with adequate ogili igbo, the smellier the better.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
Same process as Oha. But it takes a little more palm oil. Soonest has given us recipe with egusi sef. I go try am next time

FloraEC:

I dunno how to cook Okazi(I thought it draws like mgborodi(waterleaf). Biko tish me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
Our SE mamas have done justice to soups. There is one food (I call it snacks) that I don't get tired of. Snail nkwobi.

Ingredients:
Snail (use any amount you want), ground fresh pepper, salt, knorr cube (I prefer this to all other seasonings), bitter leaf/utazi, stockfish (optional), ngu (I prefer this cos it's not harmful to anyone), palm oil, crayfish enough.

Cooking Method:
-Wash your snail thoroughly until it doesn't have that slimy texture (I prefer using garri though this method consumes more time. Alum makes the snail to be too soft if I refrigerate it and want to warm it later. It is usually softer than the one I used garri in washing.

- put the snail on fire with little water, add your ground fresh pepper (I don't eat pepper, but this is one dish I love to add plenty pepper, I make sure I keep water close to me while eating it, my dh complains but he can't seem to drop the meal cheesy), salt to taste, knorr to taste, ground crayfish, stockfish (if it is the head, you don't need to boil separately as it gets cooked easily but if it is the body you plan on using, please cook it very well first before the snail and allow to boil until you are satisfied with the snail texture (no go chop your snail finish ooo, ehen). Ensure you keep checking the water level so that you don't have a burnt snail as a finished product. When it's cooked, you add your sliced bitter leaf if that is your choice of vegetable, but if it is utazi, no need to cook it, you get to add it after mixing with you ngu. If you are using bitter leaf (as in the leaf, not the washed one), use small quantity like a leaf or two depending on the quantity of your snail but if you are using utazi leaf, you can add as much as you want.

-get a bowl or mortar, add little water to your ngu and drain (I prefer using handkerchief cos ngu most times come with sand and it is only handkerchief that I know can give me ngu water without sand) into the bowl or mortar, after which you add palm oil little by little while stirring the ngu until you get the kind of thickness you want (I prefer mine to be a little bit watery), then you pour your cooked snail with all the mendemende inside and turn it very well.

Serve with any chilled drink of your fancy.

Sleep is catching me, forgive all typos please.

Cc-Zaynie
FloraEC
Zimunachimdi
Liftedhands
All mamas
Modified- I talk am say sleep dey my eye and I dey forget something. There is what we call ehuru when I wake I will browse the English name and modify (modified, ehuru in Igbo, African nutmeg in English, ariwo in yoruba, Gujiya dan miya in Hausa), I add it too. The flavour is heavenly. Onions ooo, plenty onions, add when cooking the snail and also after mixing with ngu. If you don't like eating raw onions cos of the smell, you can just add all in the snail while cooking. God help me cheesy.

15 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
Lol. This water that was everywhere the time I went to my hubs town. No be small

soonest:

Hahahha. Yes o! Our one and only aqua rapha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
soonest:

Ok if you can look up floraEC recipe for oha soup It's basically the same thing. Only that there won't be uziza and oha instead you put your well washed bitterleaf. Bitterleaf washed the igbo way i.e no shreding, the leaves will be long long.
For finger licking ofe onugbu, use ede (cocoyam) as thickner instead of achi, ofo or ukpo and of course with adequate ogili igbo, the smellier the better.

Nne you are there at bolded. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
soonest:

OK thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
FloraEC:
Kareenakapur how are you

am fine sis hope you two are good too? thanks for checking up on me. Exams hid me from social media. Just through with it

team JULYS in the building, please come out let's identify ourselves..

sweetose how do u do...any bump yet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Same process as Oha. But it takes a little more palm oil. Soonest has given us recipe with egusi sef. I go try am next time

Igbo style okazi has a thickner, okazi is only the leaf added but in akwa ibom style, pounded okazi (afang) and waterleaf are the major ingredient and thickner.
I have a picture of my afang (akwaibom style) but it's dark.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
beyedew:
Ou
Modified- I talk am say sleep dey my eye and I dey forget something. There is what we call ehuru when I wake I will browse the English name and modify, I add it too. The flavour is heavenly.

I think is nutmeg seed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mbula(f): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
curvilicious:
See our lives oh
Lord we're grateful
Our testimonies
By your grace o
O gbe mi ni ja
K'eru wan bo wan ni ja o
Olorun mi my comforter o
Mo ri re(3x) gba
O se mi l'ore
Mo ri re gba

Chineke ne me mma
Imela
Ekene di ri gi
Imela

Osakpolor gbe o e(2x)
Osa keen kpolor o
Osakpolor gbe o e

Oghene worunor doh!
Jesu worunor doh!

Tamunor priye priye priye(3x)

Mun gode Yesu
Mun gode Yesu
Yesu seriki

This time we are not just one month closer, we have one month to go

Praiiiiiiise the Lord!

DECEMBER ROLL CALL FOR JANUARY 2018 MOMS kiss kiss kiss

If you hear your moniker say: Yes, mama John!
I am not joking with all you teamJanuary2018mamas una too stubborn!

Moniker....................Sex................EDD
Zino89......................Blue..............25/01/18
Bomgirl.....................Blue..............29/01/18
Chijiuche..................Blue..............12/01/18
Goldenheart002... ...Blue..............27/01/18
Mbula........................Blue...............7/01/18
MiraclefromGod.......Pink................19/01/18
Curvilicious...............Blue................15/01/18
Gabby18..................... ?.....................11/01/18
MummyAudrey..........Pink..................?
Pacypatty...................Surprise........31/01/18
Mafiaqueen...............?......................23/01/18
Jadareese..................Blue................30/01/18
JDQueen...................Pink.................11/01/18
Luvtoteach................Blue.................30/01/18
Mitche15...................Blue.................19/01/18
Derommyvent...........Blue..................17/01/18
Holysteph.................Blue...................05/01/18
Tchidi.........................?......... ..............?
Thotiana....................?........................?
Momagic.............. ....?........................?
Zimunachimdi...........?.......................15/01/18
We thank God for the journey thus far.
Hope we've bought and parked every every. If you never buy plz start today.
Any addition, subtraction, multiplication or division? Plz call my attention to it.

#TeamJ4January4supernaturalchildbirth&healthyLos#

I really do not know exactly how to explain how i feel but in all i give God all the glory #supercalifrajilisticexpialidocious# grin

Over&Out!

present twice mummy John....I'm done with everything... just counting down to January and dreaming about my cutie while thanking God every second of the day cuz he MADE A WAY.... DON'T KNOW HOW BUT HE DID IT......

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
It's the igbo one I know. I want to learn the akwa ibom one next after I perfect my edikaikong

soonest:

Igbo style okazi has a thickner, okazi is only the leaf added but in akwa ibom style, pounded okazi (afang) and waterleaf are the major ingredient and thickner.
I have a picture of my afang (akwaibom style) but it's dark.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
kaffy4bill:
Clear cobwebs ......
Sneaks in.....
Takes back seat.....
Watching delicacies loading.....
Hi mamas
I so miss this place
Just to take a peep into the house

One love always

Yaayyyy! Nurse kaffy in the building.....good to hear from you sis. How's you and family?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
[center][/center]
curvilicious:
See our lives oh
Lord we're grateful
Our testimonies
By your grace o
O gbe mi ni ja
K'eru wan bo wan ni ja o
Olorun mi my comforter o
Mo ri re(3x) gba
O se mi l'ore
Mo ri re gba

Chineke ne me mma
Imela
Ekene di ri gi
Imela

Osakpolor gbe o e(2x)
Osa keen kpolor o
Osakpolor gbe o e

Oghene worunor doh!
Jesu worunor doh!

Tamunor priye priye priye(3x)

Mun gode Yesu
Mun gode Yesu
Yesu seriki

This time we are not just one month closer, we have one month to go

Praiiiiiiise the Lord!

DECEMBER ROLL CALL FOR JANUARY 2018 MOMS kiss kiss kiss

If you hear your moniker say: Yes, mama John!
I am not joking with all you teamJanuary2018mamas una too stubborn!

Moniker....................Sex................EDD
Zino89......................Blue..............25/01/18
Bomgirl.....................Blue..............29/01/18
Chijiuche..................Blue..............12/01/18
Goldenheart002... ...Blue..............27/01/18
Mbula........................Blue...............7/01/18
MiraclefromGod.......Pink................19/01/18
Curvilicious...............Blue................15/01/18
Gabby18..................... ?.....................11/01/18
MummyAudrey..........Pink..................?
Pacypatty...................Surprise........31/01/18
Mafiaqueen...............?......................23/01/18
Jadareese..................Blue................30/01/18
JDQueen...................Pink.................11/01/18
Luvtoteach................Blue.................30/01/18
Mitche15...................Blue.................19/01/18
Derommyvent...........Blue..................17/01/18
Holysteph.................Blue...................05/01/18
Tchidi.........................?......... ..............?
Thotiana....................?........................?
Momagic.............. ....?........................?
Zimunachimdi...........?.......................15/01/18
We thank God for the journey thus far.
Hope we've bought and parked every every. If you never buy plz start today.
Any addition, subtraction, multiplication or division? Plz call my attention to it.

#TeamJ4January4supernaturalchildbirth&healthyLos#

I really do not know exactly how to explain how i feel but in all i give God all the glory #supercalifrajilisticexpialidocious# grin

Over&Out!

Yes, mama John! smiley Weldone curvy ikebe super

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
belladsweet:
One of my sisters that married a Rivers man prepared this soup for us last year xmas when she came visiting chai it was so sweet we ate it with unripe plantain prepared like amala. The unripe plantain was sliced, blended and made like amala in hot water. Very nice and delicious something... shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy

But sis today is South East delicacy now you would have reserved this for the day of South South na abi you want this people to carry 1st angry
me from South East oo so I want South East to carry First oo and as per say Na South East person Cook the soup I hereby change the name from River state native soup to Imo state native soup grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
4realwoman:
mama longest time no hear from you , hope you and yours are good?
Welcome back.

Am good sis
Glad to b here
How are you and our Lil pumpkin doing?
God will perfect His work in your life
Much love sis

One love always

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
zaynie:

Maami
Welcome ma.
Oya quick identify with your team mates o tongue
Shebi you're team July cheesy

I jump am pass
Nne,abeg no dey joke with that kind thing on a Saturday evening ooo
How are you sis?
Muna and my son in law nko

One love always

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 6:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
proudmom38:

Yaayyyy! Nurse kaffy in the building.....good to hear from you sis. How's you and family?

We are good ooo
How's our Lil bun in the oven doing?
Proudy and the dad nko
My love to them

Let me whisper it to you
Don't tell anybody ooo
Am back to the thread....
Not as a preggy lady ooo
I sure missed the room

One love always

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
kaffy4bill:

We are good ooo
How's our Lil bun in the oven doing?
Proudy and the dad nko
My love to them

Let me whisper it to you
Don't tell anybody ooo
Am back to the thread....
Not as a preggy lady ooo
I sure missed the room

One love always

My sis, I lost the lil bun @12wks o
Proudy and dad are fine.
Good to have you back sis.
Abeg no MIA again o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
thotianna:
Is it normal to feel angry with your dh almost on a regular basis when pregnant ? Because that's how I feel since the past three or two months. The thing has a pattern. I will be angry with him today then in a good mood tomorrow then angry next tomorrow and so on.
My annoyance doesn't even have any serious reason, I just find little things that he does and get soooo pissed off over them. This afternoon we had a small misunderstanding about my missing his calls when he tried to call me and I reacted so angrily as I usually do when this strange pregnancy anger visits. The issue was not even that serious, he just mentioned that I should return his calls if I miss them and I got so unnecessarily pissed again. He went out and came back with Fanta and meatpie just to douse tension cry

but the anger mood swings no gree leave me, I kept acting like a jerk after that. Now he has left the house completely for me grin

I know he will be back sha, we always settle these things in the end but am tired of the constant unexplainable anger. I just go from calm to very very angry in a short while over little things. If I wasnt married to such a patient person things would have gotten so bad and many hurtful word would be exchanged.
Do you also act same way to your colleagues? Parents? Siblings? Friends? even here on nairaland?

If not, then I suggest you learn to control yourself because it's really not fair on him...

If yes, na baba God hand he dey o grin

All the best ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
FloraEC:

I think is nutmeg seed
Will check and confirm. Thankchu.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Imahaps(f): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
FloraEC:

I think is nutmeg seed
Ehuru is popularly known as local/native nutmeg. It has an English name though
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
Egusi soup with bitterleaf

Egusi soup is very common and popular to Nigerians and non-Nigerians

Ingredients

Egusi-3peak milk cup or 1 derica.
Osu-#20.
Okpei.
Bitterleaf.
Assorted fish- smoked fish, fresh fish, stocked fish.
Fresh pepper.
Crayfish.
Beef.
Red oil(2-3spoon).
Salt and knorr to taste.

Preparation Method
1: cook and wash your bitterleaf till is no longer bitter. It should be shredded.
Note : In bitterleaf soup, the leaf should be a little bitter and not shredded.
2: Wash the smoked fish with salt and soak with hot water. Wash the beef and stock fish with salt. Wash the fresh fish with salt.
3: Grind your Egusi with osu, okpei and lil Crayfish (you can do that in the market or at home)
4: Grind your pepper with Crayfish and keep aside.

Cooking Directions
1: Put the already washed beef and stocked fish in a pot(that will contain the soup), add knorr and salt with water you'll use for the cooking. Remove the stock fish when is done a lil so it won't scatter(if you're cooking with the head)
2:cook fresh fish and set aside
3: Pour the grounded Egusi with grinded Crayfish in a bowl, mix it together. Add water(water used in cooking the beef). Mix it together and mould it with teaspoon and add into the pot of beef(still containing water) on fire(but on reduced heat). Add red oil and leave to boil.(Don't turn or else the moulded egusi will scatter).
4: When is done the way you want, add a water if is too thick and turn with turning stick. Add your Crayfish&pepper, smoked fish & salt&knorr to taste. Allow to cook for some mins
5: Add the stocked fish and fresh fish. Add the bitterleaf and turn it with turning stick and allow to cook for 3-5mins. Serve with eba, tuwo shinkafa, amala,semolina, fufu e.t.c

Note
1: Egusi can be fried with red oil and Crayfish. It can be cooked normal without moulding. It can be moulded without Crayfish. It can be moulded with hand into a desirable shape
2: Ọsụ is not compulsory. Some add achị or ofor to their Egusi
3: you can use uziza only, ugu only, uziza and ugu together or bitterleaf.

Pics from Google

10 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
Kareenakapur:

am fine sis hope you two are good too? thanks for checking up on me. Exams hid me from social media. Just through with it

team JULYS in the building, please come out let's identify ourselves..

?

I'm good dear, just bloated

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
Imahaps:

Ehuru is popularly known as local/native nutmeg. It has an English name though

I know it has nutmeg smell and flavor
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by davsquared: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ok..let me give my own recipe for Ofe Owerri.

Ingredients :
-Meat: make sure you buy an assortment of meat, goat meat, shaki, cowleg, etc
Okporoko (stockfish)
Ogiri
Ede (red type)
Dried Fish, some people also add smoked fish
Periwinkle (optional)
Knorr cube
Palm oil
Crayfish
Fresh Red pepper
Uziza(sliced)
Okazi (sliced)
Salt

Wash and Boil the meat and season properly. (Note that we don't use onions for this soup)
Peel the Ede red, wash and slice in bits to ensure it cooks quickly then add to the meat . This will be monitored and brought out when its cooked then Pound in mortar and set aside.
Also wash the okporoko and dried fish then keep aside. It will be added to the soup when all them meat have cooked to a large extent.

Once your assorted meat and stockfish has cooked reasonably, add the ground crayfish and pepper to the boiling mix. Add palm oil, then Ogiri(I dissolve the ogiri with some of the meat stock before pouring into the soup). Ensure it boils very well so the oil would have mixed properly with the water then add the pounded Ede (cut it in little bits ). I try not to make mine very thick. Just slightly. taste for salt to ensure the Ogiri did not throw the taste overboard.

Next add the sliced Uziza leaves and allow to boil for like 3-5mins. Soon enough, you will start perceiving the lovely uziza aroma. Lastly I add sliced Okazi and allow it cook for a while. ( some people use Ugu leaves in place of Okazi)

Note that this soup has to have a lot of "passengers" that is why it is said to be expensive. *singing * Onye na enweghi ego o ji eri Ofe Owerri?

My Ofe Owerri is ready! Wish I had pics to back it up. (Too lazy this weekend to cook fresh soup. We go dey manage the one wey dey biko)

Searched the net and saw these pics . They used Ugu leaves.

10 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
FloraEC:

Afang is it not vegetable soup. Biko I can't cook it too, my vegetable soup tastes good but the look is lipsrsealed

Vegetable soup is edikaikong
Afang is ukazi cooked with waterleaf

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2017
4realwoman:
me from South East oo so I want South East to carry First oo and as per say Na South East person Cook the soup I hereby change the name from River state native soup to Imo state native soup grin grin grin
Lol you no cook am well joor tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
FloraEC:
Egusi soup with bitterleaf

Egusi soup is very common and popular to Nigerians and non-Nigerians

Ingredients

Egusi-3peak milk cup or 1 derica.
Osu-#20.
Okpei.
Bitterleaf.
Assorted fish- smoked fish, fresh fish, stocked fish.
Fresh pepper.
Crayfish.
Beef.
Red oil(2-3spoon).
Salt and knorr to taste.

Preparation Method
1: cook and wash your bitterleaf till is no longer bitter. It should be shredded.
Note : In bitterleaf soup, the leaf should be a little bitter and not shredded.
2: Wash the smoked fish with salt and soak with hot water. Wash the beef and stock fish with salt. Wash the fresh fish with salt.
3: Grind your Egusi with osu, okpei and lil Crayfish (you can do that in the market or at home)
4: Grind your pepper with Crayfish and keep aside.

Cooking Directions
1: Put the already washed beef and stocked fish in a pot(that will contain the soup), add knorr and salt with water you'll use for the cooking. Remove the stock fish when is done a lil so it won't scatter(if you're cooking with the head)
2:cook fresh fish and set aside
3: Pour the grounded Egusi with grinded Crayfish in a bowl, mix it together. Add water(water used in cooking the beef). Mix it together and mould it with teaspoon and add into the pot of beef(still containing water) on fire(but on reduced heat). Add red oil and leave to boil.(Don't turn or else the moulded egusi will scatter).
4: When is done the way you want, add a water if is too thick and turn with turning stick. Add your Crayfish&pepper, smoked fish & salt&knorr to taste. Allow to cook for some mins
5: Add the stocked fish and fresh fish. Add the bitterleaf and turn it with turning stick and allow to cook for 3-5mins. Serve with eba, tuwo shinkafa, amala,semolina, fufu e.t.c

Note
1: Egusi can be fried with red oil and Crayfish. It can be cooked normal without moulding. It can be moulded without Crayfish. It can be moulded with hand into a desirable shape
2: Ọsụ is not compulsory. Some add achị or ofor to their Egusi
3: you can use uziza only, ugu only, uziza and ugu together or bitterleaf.

Pics from Google
Nice one smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
davsquared:

Ingredients :
Okporoko (stockfish)
Ogiri
Ede (red type)
Periwinkle (optional)
Knorr cube
Palm oil
Crayfish
Fresh Red pepper
Uziza(sliced)
Okazi (sliced)
Salt

Wash and Boil the meat and season properly. (Note that we don't use onions for this soup)
Peel the Ede red, wash and slice in bits to ensure it cooks quickly then add to the meat . This will be monitored and brought out when its cooked then Pound in mortar and set aside.
Also wash the okporoko and dried fish then keep aside. It will be added to the soup when all them meat have cooked to a large extent.

Once your assorted meat and stockfish has cooked reasonably, add the ground crayfish and pepper to the boiling mix. Add palm oil, then Ogiri(I dissolve the ogiri with some of the meat stock before pouring into the soup). Ensure it boils very well so the oil would have mixed properly with the water then add the pounded Ede (cut it in little bits ). I try not to make mine very thick. Just slightly. taste for salt to ensure the Ogiri did not throw the taste overboard.

Next add the sliced Uziza leaves and allow to boil for like 3-5mins. Soon enough, you will start perceiving the lovely uziza aroma. Lastly I add sliced Okazi and allow it cook for a while. ( some people use Ugu leaves in place of Okazi)

Note that this soup has to have a lot of "passengers" that is why it is said to be expensive. *singing * Onye na enweghi ego o ji eri Ofe Owerri?

My Ofe Owerri is ready! Wish I had pics to back it up. (Too lazy this weekend to cook fresh soup. We go dey manage the one wey dey biko)

I like this but never tasted it. Almost all South East soup have one thing in common which is COCOYAM smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babylove01: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
Please what's the English name for ngu??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
davsquared:

Ingredients :
Okporoko (stockfish)
Ogiri
Ede (red type)
Periwinkle (optional)
Knorr cube
Palm oil
Crayfish
Fresh Red pepper
Uziza(sliced)
Okazi (sliced)
Salt

I love the taste of red cocoyam in soups.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
belladsweet:
Lol you no cook am well joor tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
I think say I say make una (River people) no laugh me ooo. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3894) (3895) (3896) (3897) (3898) (3899) (3900) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.