Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8148978 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotmomma(f): 4:06am On Feb 15, 2019
Naomi, faithpeace, AdedoyinO, messyodi, rabluk. So happy for you and congrats on your delivery.

gegyna, congrats dear, entertain no fear, it is well with your baby. Rest well

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotmomma(f): 4:06am On Feb 15, 2019
Towerofgrace, hope you're fine. Its been a while.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 4:33am On Feb 15, 2019
To God be the glory for all these BA back to back from messyodi, naomi1990, gegna,faithpeace and other mamas I've mentioned.
May the remaining february teamies deliver safely and God to strengthen we, mamas, who are still pregnant while He remember the GTC with bfp in Jesus name

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 5:04am On Feb 15, 2019
chezzy13:
please who has done a cervical cerclage before? I need information about it urgently..
Cervical cerclage is a minor surgery that is done by sowing the cervix firmly with thread within few minutes between 14-24weeks for women who have short/weak cervix or history of preterm rupture of membrane. The woman will be able to move freely and when it's 37weeks, the thread will be loosed for labour to commence.
However, progesterone injection is an alternative to Cervical Cerclage because of the latter's side effects which could introduce infection, blood loss for few days....
Progesterone relaxes the uterus and is given till 37weeks.
Read more http://fmfla.org/vaginal-progesterone-is-an-alternative-to-cervical-cerclage-in-women-with-a-short-cervix-and-a-history-of-preterm-birth/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 5:56am On Feb 15, 2019
gegyna:
BA!!
I had my princess yesterday 13/2/2019 via EMCS after failled induction and cervical ripening. Baby weighs 2.5 kg. Pls mamas in the house should pls pray for my baby as she is currently supervision after swallowing mecomiun during d process of delievery.

Fellow teamies may God make it easy for you. Other waddling mums may God continue to protect you.

May the Most High flush out everything that is not suppose to be in our little princess's system in Jesus Christ name. Amen.
Quick recovery to you sister. May your bundle of joy be all that you asked for and more. Amen.
God's favour upon the works of daddy's hand. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 6:01am On Feb 15, 2019
faithpeace:
BA BA!!!!!!! My princess arrived today at 39weeks 14/2/2019 weighing 2.9 via vd with tear..EDD 22 Feb,DOB 14
Glory b 2 God Almighty

Congratulations mama. God bless our Valentine Princess!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 6:04am On Feb 15, 2019
Naomi1990:
BA! BA!!
My baby boy arrived today 14-2-2019 around 9pm @37w3days via vagina delivery without tears! i officially ported to Feb. God is a wonderful father
CC Rbae

Congratulations mama! God Bless our Valentine Prince!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by primadonnachika: 7:27am On Feb 15, 2019
Rbae:
*My baby/ some hospital list

Thank you mama

1) Baby bath set = 2,500
( I bought the Naija made set cos I may not need it again here. The imported one is 11,000 last.

2) 2 in 1 Carter's baby flannel = 2,300

3) 1 soft sponge with towel at the back= 300

4) 1 strong sponge = 400

5) 3 in 1 sleepsuit=3,000 (6-9mnth) I already have 3-6mnth sent to baby.

6) 3 in 1 body suit= 2,500 (6-9month) I already have six 3-6mnth.

7) 1big size imported shawl- 2,500

cool Metholatum=250

9) baby bed with net=3,500

10) Chicco 2in 1 Diaper bag= 4,500

11) LMV baby clothes dryer=8,400 (now expensive cos d demand is high in d market u can go for Virony
which is 7,000)

12) 2 baby caps= 1,000

13) 1 wool imported baby cap= 1, 000

14) 1 pack of Avent washable breast pad= 470

15) Sudocream (medium size) = 1,600

16) Angel cotton bud =200

17) 1 pack of nightingale underlay= 700

18) Cup and spoon=500 (Buy one with unbreakable spoon, no stainless for baby please)

19) Powder puff=350

20) Turkey wool longsleeve cardigan, sleeveless hooded cardigan with booties and trouser (2in 1) = 3,400

21) Baby thermometre = 600

22) 3 in 1 socks = 400 (I have over 12pairs sent to baby so buy more at least a dozen)

23) 2 packs of pegs =400

24) small face or wash towel- ( Gerber's 8 in 1) - 600

25) Avent feeding bottle set with brush for bottles = 3,500

26) Silverbird- 1,100 (the original one with deep blue pack) N700 (for light blue pack which is d imitation)

27) Nycil powder = 1,100

28) 4 lady Sept sanitary towels (400 each but I paid 1500) = 1,500

29) Nursing bra= 3,000 (for 1 original mothercare paded brand new bra). There is one for 1,000 too.

30) Disposable pants(2 packs) = 500

31) 1 large savlon / 1 big dettol= (I'll buy later)

32) Cotton wool Dele (450g) = 800

33) Milton Sterilizing kit- 1,000

34) Carter's love 2 in 1 mittens= 700

35) Grooming set (combs in a pack) = 400

36) Pacifier, nail clipper, scissors in a pack= 500

37) Huggies wipes (2)- Some sell one for 2,500 and some sell for less, price well (I'll buy later)

38) Olive oil bottle=500

39) blue seal Vaseline = 600

40) Mucus extractor- 200

41) Moko spirit = 250

42) One molfix diaper 100pcs (size2) = (I didn't get size 2, I'll buy later but it's 3,800)

43) Titan Gint 2.2ltrs flask= 7,000 (same price with Vigorous Gint but i prefer Titan cos of the firm handle)

44) 1litre master chef vacuum flask= 3,000

45) 3 in one mothercare towel- 1,800

46) Nightingale underlay pack - 700

N.B I didn't buy baby car seat, baby carrier, breastfeeding pillow, blankets, bibs, socks, outing wear, shoes, booties, breast pump cos enough was sent to baby. Pls, include d above in ur list.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by primadonnachika: 7:33am On Feb 15, 2019
Iyamefa:

Hi Teamie, sorry to hear about how you’re feeling. You should speak to your doc but I personally think you shouldn’t discontinue the iron tabs. It’s hard to take iron tabs Cos of the effect but to minimize the effect, don’t take on an empty stomach. Also, take it away from calcium or calcium rich foods such as diary In order to maximize absorption.
If you want to substitute with food, know that animal sources of iron like red meat etc are better absorbed by the body than plant sources of iron and to maximize absorption of iron in foods, you can wash down with a drink with high vitamin c content such as orange juice.
Just know that if you become iron deficient today, your baby will still take the nutrients from your body and you will be the one facing the heat so try and manage the tabs if you can. May is around the corner, after february it’s May abi grin

Thank you mama for your words of encouragement and recommendations. I will try them out. After February it’s May o. We are getting there’

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by treasuredm(f): 8:36am On Feb 15, 2019
Naomi1990:
BA! BA!!
My baby boy arrived today 14-2-2019 around 9pm @37w3days via vagina delivery without tears!
Glory be to God. Congratulations mama and welcome to our prince.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 8:44am On Feb 15, 2019
primadonnachika:

Thank you mama for your words of encouragement and recommendations. I will try them out. After February it’s May o. We are getting there’

Lol. This my teamies set. After February is May indeed. Abeg make una allow our LOs to bake very well. After February is March and April grin grin. But don't worry they are just 30 days. And besides march mamas have started porting ooo so before you know it, April mamas will port finish in march, then it will be our turn. I think its turn by turn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 8:47am On Feb 15, 2019
[quote author=primadonnachika post=75745114][/quote]

Uwc. Please add baby wardrobe to ur list. I bought a wooden painted baby wardrobe in my area. U can get one from 35k-45k depending on d size or you go for the plastic type sold in d market.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:24am On Feb 15, 2019
Pearl05:

Rbae
Zaynie
Giddyperson
MamaTuoyo

My sabi mamas make una choko mouth for this our sister's question. I know nothing about it.

I never did cerclage but I'm sure someone will be here soon
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pam09(f): 9:39am On Feb 15, 2019
A very big congratulation to all the February mamas doing it in an extraordinary manner, messyodi, Rabluk, gegyna, Faithpeace , Naomi1990. May ur Los be all u prayed for and more. And other mamas waiting in line, swift and save delivery awaits us all, amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2019
Thanks for the list Mama Rbae...a least I have a guide now.

Congrats to all the mamas who gave us back to back BAs , the Lord make it easy for the rest of us.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2019
Habbeyoluwa:
Check oroyinyin street, learnt thats where they shop for baby things.. They have loads of shops to select from.. I did my first shopping with an older colleague at oshodi tho,its relatively cheap also..

Okay! Thanks Mama. I will..I just felt oshodi won't have varieties like Lagos island

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2019
AdedoyinO:
Birth Alert! Birth Alert!!

I gave birth to my handsome bobo on Friday 8th of Feb (against edd 27th Feb). I had to be induced because of HBP. Thank God it went well.

BS coming soon. I'm so sorry the BA is coming days later, I just see road see myself after we returned from the hospital.

Wishing all pregnant mothers safe deliveries of their cuties.

Cc rabluk
Congratulations to you and Bobo!
Thank God, you don see road .

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2019
faithpeace:
BA BA!!!!!!! My princess arrived today at 39weeks 14/2/2019 weighing 2.9 via vd with tear..EDD 22 Feb,DOB 14
Glory b 2 God Almighty
Yes O!valentine baby had landed. congratulations!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2019
Naomi1990:
BA! BA!!
My baby boy arrived today 14-2-2019 around 9pm @37w3days via vagina delivery without tears! i officially ported to Feb. God is a wonderful father
CC Rbae
Another valentine baby! congratulations!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by treasuredm(f): 10:53am On Feb 15, 2019
Rbae:
Thanks a lot mama. This will go a long way to help me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 11:02am On Feb 15, 2019
Pearl05:

Lol. This my teamies set. After February is May indeed. Abeg make una allow our LOs to bake very well. After February is March and April grin grin. But don't worry they are just 30 days. And besides march mamas have started porting ooo so before you know it, April mamas will port finish in march, then it will be our turn. I think its turn by turn.

You say what?, we love our April jo undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toopee: 11:07am On Feb 15, 2019
Rbae:

1) Baby bath set = 2,500
( I bought the Naija made set cos I may not need it again here. The imported one is 11,000 last.

I think I’d buy this your idea as I may not need it here again as well but I’m obsessed with fancy things. I already paid for the foldable bath and you just made me realize it might be a waste of resources. Maybe I’d rather use the money for christening baby dress.

N.B I didn't buy baby car seat, baby carrier, breastfeeding pillow, blankets, bibs, socks, outing wear, shoes, booties, breast pump cos enough was sent to baby. I bought a painted wooden baby wardrobe too (u can get for 35-45k depending on size). Pls, include d above in ur list.

Who will give me breast pump oooooooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Darsty99: 11:44am On Feb 15, 2019
Rbae:

1) Baby bath set = 2,500

2) 2 in 1 Carter's baby flannel = 2,300

3) 1 soft sponge with towel at the back= 300

4) 1 strong sponge = 400

5) 3 in 1 sleepsuit=3,000 (6-9mnth) I already have 3-6mnth sent to baby.

6) 3 in 1 body suit= 2,500 (6-9month) I already have six 3-6mnth.

7) 1big size imported shawl- 2,500

cool Metholatum=250

9) baby bed with net=3,500

10) Chicco 2in 1 Diaper bag= 4,500

11) LMV baby clothes dryer=8,400 (now expensive cos d demand is high in d market u can go for Virony
which is 7,000)

12) 2 baby caps= 1,000

13) 1 wool imported baby cap= 1, 000

14) 1 pack of Avent washable breast pad= 470
Nice list.. But I ll advise you get the disposable breastpads too because the washable ones get soaked so quickly..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
BA
Stephmiracle delivered on 14/02/019 to a fair pretty princess
cc February capoo rabluk

32 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spicychic847(f): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
Cappo @towerofgrace and my fellow August mamas, hope we are doing great.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2019
PraisesG:

Another valentine baby! congratulations!

Uwc
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2019
FloraEC:
BA
Stephmiracle delivered on 14/02/019 to a fair pretty princess
cc February cappo
Indeed, another blessing! Congratulations dear@stephmiracle.
Cc.rabluk.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Frozenelsa(f): 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
[quote author=Naomi1990 post=75741192]BA! BA!!
CC Rbae
[/quote

Mama, this one is over porting. How did you do it. Many congrats......expecting your BS.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damibaby: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2019
spicychic847:
Cappo @towerofgrace and my fellow August mamas, hope we are doing great.
we are fine... hope ur good too...its been a while we heard from our cappo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2019
Congrats to the mamas that have given birth, God bless your bundles of joy. To the remaining mamas, I wish you easy and swift delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chezzy13(f): 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2019
how soon can one start taking progesterone? ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chezzy13(f): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2019
sayoddy:

Cervical cerclage is a minor surgery that is done by sowing the cervix firmly with thread within few minutes between 14-24weeks for women who have short/weak cervix or history of preterm rupture of membrane. The woman will be able to move freely and when it's 37weeks, the thread will be loosed for labour to commence.
However, progesterone injection is an alternative to Cervical Cerclage because of the latter's side effects which could introduce infection, blood loss for few days....
Progesterone relaxes the uterus and is given till 37weeks.
Read more http://fmfla.org/vaginal-progesterone-is-an-alternative-to-cervical-cerclage-in-women-with-a-short-cervix-and-a-history-of-preterm-birth/
how soon can one start taking progesterone injection

(1) (2) (3) ... (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.