Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124726 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5052) (5053) (5054) (5055) (5056) (5057) (5058) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 1:21pm On May 17, 2019
Iyamefa:
BA BA BA!

I’m so grateful to God for finally making me a mother! My pretty princess landed today weighing 3.5kg via CS.

Omg can’t believe it’s me typing BA grin mamas help me thank God.
BS coming later

Cc Cappo Sunbestie and all May mommas
To the remaining waddling mums, it shall be easy for you, amen!

Our princess have arrived o. I'm so happy for you mama. So so happy. Congrats.
A big Congratulations to all the May mama's that have birthed their LO's. To all the other mama's awaiting their Lo's birth, Jah will make it easy for you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 1:32pm On May 17, 2019
millykel:
Am so heartbroken mamas I just lost my 11 weeks pregnancy and it was triplets,mamas pls put me in ur prayers

Mama, I'm sorry for ur loss. May God be with you and surprise you.sooner than u think

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chisun89(f): 6:31pm On May 17, 2019
Mamas good evening, I've come to register o, team October where una dey? Wishing everyone stress free pregnancy journey

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimlad: 6:36pm On May 17, 2019
Good day mamas, I'm team July, I hope I'm welcome. Congratulations to the mama that birthed their los!

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 7:26pm On May 17, 2019
jazzyjazz:

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My son is doing great
My daughter is still baking (it had better be a girl)

How are your kids? And the family?

We are fine, thanks
Daughter it will be. I'm crossing my fingers for you.
smiley smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:53pm On May 17, 2019
soonest:

We are fine, thanks
Daughter it will be. I'm crossing my fingers for you.
smiley smiley

Amen to that mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 8:05pm On May 17, 2019
Come to my aid o. Is it not to early to feel movement at 9 weeks? I didn't feel it alone I saw it. I was very surprised.
#STM
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Babe17: 8:14pm On May 17, 2019
chisun89:
Mamas good evening, I've come to register o, team October where una dey? Wishing everyone stress free pregnancy journey
welcome mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damibaby: 8:43pm On May 17, 2019
Kimlad:
Good day mamas, I'm team July, I hope I'm welcome. Congratulations to the mama that birthed their los!
welcome ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omankem(f): 8:43pm On May 17, 2019
Iyamefa:
BS

Sorry In advance for the long post

Moved over here frm ttc thread early September when bfp was confirmed for the first time in my life to the glory of God. I was working with an obstetrician already so I had hospital care right from day one. MS hit me at about 6 weeks and it lasted till 3rd trimester but thankfully no spitting or heartburn (even though baby came out with a head full of hair). Then late 2nd trimester I went to complain to my doc that I was feeling dizzy and faint, blood test showed I had slight anemia with low blood platelets so I was monitored monthly for that and thankfully my count later increased. I was told if the numbers decreased, there was a bleeding risk so no option of CS or epidural. God just stepped in because as it turned out, I eventually needed both.

So at 39 weeks plus, last Friday, I was ready for birth but no sign. I saw on baby centre where a lady said she crawled and it brought up labour. As funny as it sounds, I decided to go on all fours and crawl around the bed (floor is too hard). Next day, I woke up with contractions. Was mild so I was able to still cook and go about daily activities. Got a bit intense at night but managed to sleep in between them. Sunday morning, went to the hospital and was checked at the labour assessment unit, I was only 2cm, doc did membrane sweep and sent me home to return later. Contractions intensified eventually but I told DH we should wait till after Game of thrones which was to begin at 9pm. I’d been seeing bloody show all day. After the program, got to the hospital and was at 5cm. Got moved to labour and delivery unit and into a room for the rest of the labour. Got plugged to monitors to check baby’s heart rate, my contractions and my bp. A nurse was with me all through. Doc came to check and broke my water only to find baby had pooped already which made her heart rate jump to about 170bpm. They put me on IV to regulate her heart rate. The pain was so much but I was determined not shout to as to save my strength for pushing. Nurse and DH kept giving me ice water and juice. I asked for laughing gas for pain relief, I didn’t find it effective, one strong contraction hit and I flung the thing. At this point, I had labored for about 5-7hrs at the hospital and was still 5cm, no progress. They gave me pitocin and I asked for an epidural even though I had planned for none initially. That thing worked like magic as all the pain disappeared even though I was still contracting badly. I only felt the pressure, no pain. I was able to sleep till about 11am Monday morning thinking I will wake up and be 10cm ready to push.
NO PROGRESS STILL! It was frustrating but at least I wasn’t in pains. Pitocin dosage was increased, still nothing. Doc said if no progress, we’d have to opt for a Csection.
At around 2ish at noon, doc came in and we agreed to the Csection as my pelvic bone wasn’t wide enough for the baby to descend. Got wheeled into the theatre and within 30-40mins, baby was out weighing over 7lbs. I cried as I heard my princess’ voice. She was cleaned and brought to me. DH carried her too and we took pics. Got stitched while she was taken away to check her vitals etc.
Oh did I tell you guys the drama my mother acted in the labour room? When she heard we might do csection, she started crying. Me that was experiencing the labour started laughing at her. The most important thing is mother and baby alive.

Thank God for everything, can’t thank him enough.

All ttc mums, you’re next

Bs submitted
cc Sunbestie
Cc All May mums

Congratulations dearie.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damibaby: 8:46pm On May 17, 2019
chisun89:
welcome ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloryne(f): 8:56pm On May 17, 2019
chisun89:
A big welcome to you mama..please let's have your EDD for the necessary update. Wishing you a smooth preggy journey
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chisun89(f): 9:04pm On May 17, 2019
[Thank you, October 26

quote author=Gloryne post=78480231]
A big welcome to you mama..please let's have your EDD for the necessary update. Wishing you a smooth preggy journey [/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chisun89(f): 9:05pm On May 17, 2019
quote author=damibaby

Thank u mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chisun89(f): 9:07pm On May 17, 2019
[quote author=Babe17

Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Habbeyoluwa: 10:23pm On May 17, 2019
SuperAngel0709:
How I wish month of may can just end immediately, team July who is with me on this, seems dis month is dragging feet o

Am with u on this one, may slow unlike April.. I keep praying for Mondays to come..It will surely end well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Habbeyoluwa: 10:27pm On May 17, 2019
Kimlad:

You are welcome Darling teamie, hope you brought in your viju yoghurt and fruits for arriving late? Pls sama us with your edd and baby sex..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 10:57pm On May 17, 2019
chisun89:

You're welcome teamie. Wishing you a stress free 9 months and a swift and smooth delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 11:11pm On May 17, 2019
Ameen
soonest:
Good morning lovely mamas in the house. It's been so long so i dropped by to say a quick hello.
Wishing all waddling mothers a safe delivery. Have a beautiful day
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyamefa: 11:33pm On May 17, 2019
Rbae:

Our princess have arrived o. I'm so happy for you mama. So so happy. Congrats.
A big Congratulations to all the May mama's that have birthed their LO's. To all the other mama's awaiting their Lo's birth, Jah will make it easy for you.

Aww thank you so much mama, how’s our baby boy doing? Thank God for the gift of motherhood
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyamefa: 11:37pm On May 17, 2019
omankem:

Congratulations dearie.

Thanks dear, God bless

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyamefa: 11:37pm On May 17, 2019
@millykel so sorry to hear about the loss, you are in my prayers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 12:05am On May 18, 2019
Please who is awake oo cough is dealing wih me seriously.my doc recommends Amoxil but no relieve anyone with any other safe medication for cough please help can’t sleep cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damibaby: 4:27am On May 18, 2019
[quote author=Surulady post=78484088]Please who is awake oo cough is dealing wih me seriously.my doc recommends Amoxil but no relieve anyone with any other safe medication for cough please help can’t sleep cry[/quote
there was a time cough dealt with me...try ginger tea... or take fresh oranges with little palm oil..and honey...it will go even without taking anything...could be part of d package grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crownzeal(f): 7:28am On May 18, 2019
Gracedom:

Thanks mam

My ppl got to understand why I insisted on going all the way from mainland grin

Gynae Clinic (affiliate of Safeway Hospital) at Sangotedo, Lagos

Please maam, is Safeway Hospital in Sangotedo good for ANC and delivery. Please I will appreciate your response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 7:30am On May 18, 2019
Surulady:
Please who is awake oo cough is dealing wih me seriously.my doc recommends Amoxil but no relieve anyone with any other safe medication for cough please help can’t sleep cry

I used ginger and honey for cough . just blend or pound the ginger add little water and boil. Then sieve out the water in a cup add honey to it and drink. You can for so morning and night.

Add your ginger according to your ginger tolerant. Or just eat honey alone.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crownzeal(f): 7:36am On May 18, 2019
Please I need help too. I have been battling blocked nostrils this 2nd trimester. It's disturbing my sleep a lot even after steaming. I had sneezing allergy b4 being pregnant but it seems everything is worse now. I was seeing an ENT before but I was worried because of the pregnancy taking drugs and using nasal drops. Now am just confused, it's affecting my sleep.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by makeitijn: 7:43am On May 18, 2019
crownzeal:
Please I need help too. I have been battling blocked nostrils this 2nd trimester. It's disturbing my sleep a lot even after steaming. I had sneezing allergy b4 being pregnant but it seems everything is worse now. I was seeing an ENT before but I was worried because of the pregnancy taking drugs and using nasal drops. Now am just confused, it's affecting my sleep.
always bath with warm water. And always seat under the sun. Stay away from the fan and AC

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:50am On May 18, 2019
Team May mamas on vigilante mood how are u and d LOs ?
Mamas yet to deliver how's d waddling and waiting?
For me this waiting period is one of d long awaited days in my life... Am trying to relax nd calm down but I can't
God abeg help ur children ooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 9:03am On May 18, 2019
sunbestie:
Team May mamas on vigilante mood how are u and d LOs ?
Mamas yet to deliver how's d waddling and waiting?
For me this waiting period is one of d long awaited days in my life... Am trying to relax nd calm down but I can't
God abeg help ur children ooo

We are good over here. I wish LO will continue with this pattern; wakes around 12 ( me wey be night crawler ) next na 3 am then 6 am. In all we bless God for his mercies.

Don't worry mama as soon as LO arrives you will forget the long wait.
Astilo
iwillrejoice
faithlucky and other May mamas it shall be swift and easy for you all.
Waiting for your B A .

June mamas,you are free to port oooo

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 9:04am On May 18, 2019
Thank you ma’am will try that this morning ASAP
Pearl05:

I used ginger and honey for cough . just blend or pound the ginger add little water and boil. Then sieve out the water in a cup add honey to it and drink. You can for so morning and night.

Add your ginger according to your ginger tolerant. Or just eat honey alone.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 9:07am On May 18, 2019
The one is a full package oo I will do that this morning can I use lemon in place of orange [quote author=damibaby post=78485353][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5052) (5053) (5054) (5055) (5056) (5057) (5058) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.